One eye is taking for an eye (o)
Rasmus Nyaroy
Luxere Herder

Age: 48 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Ayla Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice
Rasmus felt too big for the indoors space, like a giant lumbering around, smacking his head on the ceiling and his knees on the tables. It felt wrong to be inside for so long; it had been days, cooped up in the sanctuary. He was extremely grateful to be here, he didn't want that misconstrued, but he wanted to be out with his Luxere awfully. He hoped they were doing okay. There was no way he could go and check on them, now.

Despite living in Halo for his whole life, Rasmus felt like an outsider. He didn't know anyone particularly well. It was his own fault for living a hermit style life just outside of the citadel. He was on the very border; plenty of people knew him, but no one knew him well. It made him sad, and cramped in here with a whole lot of people who knew him vaguely but didn't care to know him any better then that was making him morose.

He supposed this would be a good opportunity to make friends, but he did not know how to go about it. Smile? Wave? Strike up a conversation? The latter made the saliva dry out of his mouth, his stomach plummet, his heart race. He was dreadfully out of practice. Why would anyone want to socialize with him, anyway? Rasmus looked kind of rugged, although he'd left his array of furs with his belongings, but the locs and strange gold eyes remained. Maybe if he helped in the kitchen, he thought, but also worried about making a mistake. In the end, he sat at a table near the kitchen, looking up to smile at approaching people. His face felt stiff.
we are all just prisoners here, of our own device
RASMUS
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Delphine was heading towards the kitchen, to... well, snag a loaf of bread to pair with her honey, to tide herself over until mealtime. She couldn't wait until LongNight ended and she could look into growing vegetables and fruits. Chulane had certainly given the woman ideas.

She slowed, on the way to the kitchen, as she passed Rasmus. She did not know him, had not spoken to him, and she was trying to get better about that.

Offering a smile, she waved and continued to the kitchen, to snag a loaf of bread, her jar of honey hidden at her side. Honey never went bad and had a lot of medicinal uses too, but the small jar she carried with her was not from the infirmary.

Returning from the kitchen with a small half-loaf of bread, which felt fresh from the way it rested in her hand, warm and soft, she nodded to the seat in front of Rasmus. "Can I sit with you?" She was pretty sure if she retreated to her room, Noah would fret and worry over her. She waited, which was unlike her.

Delphine was an impatient woman, who often thought that when she asked something or wanted something, she'd receive the answer she was after, and acted on the answer she wanted rather than the answer given. But Rasmus seemed uneasy, as it were.
Let me make you smile, darling.
Rasmus Nyaroy
Luxere Herder

Age: 48 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Rasmus almost started when someone actually smiled, and waved back at him. Mission success? Perhaps. His smile, frozen and stiff, melted into something warmer, something pleased. See, was that so difficult Rasmus? All of a sudden, being surrounded by so many people didn't seem too daunting. All he had to do was be as friendly as he secretly wanted to be, without worrying about what people thought.

Easier said then done, of course. Now he felt slightly embarrassed by himself; hopefully he hadn't freaked the young women out. He wasn't harassing her. He wasn't interested like that, he was just trying to be friendly. The small smile morphed to a frustrated frown and he glared down at his hands. It shouldn't be this hard. It was his own fault for keeping away fro civilization for such long stretches of time. He should be more sociable. Then he wouldn't find it so anxiety inducing.

It surprised him when the woman returned; perhaps he hadn't done so badly after all. He'd been fretting that his smile had been creepy, and her return one had been a desperate 'if I smile back will you leave me alone.' He fixed his best welcoming grin back in place and nodded eagerly. "Of course. You come bearing gifts!" He joked, nodding at the fresh bread in her hands. Would she understand he was joking? "Just kidding." Rasmus quickly stumbled to say, shaking his head. "I've already eaten. But you can definitely sit."
RASMUS
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine grinned, as she settled across from him. "Pffft. No sir, this is all mine!" She teased, casting her gaze around the room. "It's anxiety inducing, isn't it? I don't like crowds much." She stated, softly, as he stumbled to reassure her that he was joking. He wasn't very good at hiding his discomfort.

"I'm Delphine but most people just call me Del," She offered a quick handshake, as she dipped a piece of her bread into the honey. "and tragically, I prefer a vegetarian diet, and it's very hard to maintain in Halo." She was serious, as she bit into her bread, savoring the sweet flavor. Yes, she had a sweet tooth. She wasn't thin, so it was clear she had not chosen to stick to her diet choices, though that had been true for two, three years now.

"I'm not going to give up though. One day, they'll find a way to grow fruits and veggies right here in this snow-covered wonderland." She stated, decidedly.
Rasmus Nyaroy
Luxere Herder

Change author:
Rasmus gave the woman an eye-crinkling smile, and offered his hands up in surrender. "I promise not to mess with your bread. Although it does smell fantastic." He winked, allowing his body to relax slightly. The blonde woman was nonthreatening, and seemed like the chattering type. That took his off edge. It was nice when he didn't have to do all the talking; doing all the talking made him stammer and stutter like a fool, his vocal chords creaking with disuse and in need of an oil change.

He was slightly embarrassed that he'd been so easy to read, but also relieved that the woman was the reassuring kind. He nodded slowly, golden eyes dropping briefly to the table. "Yes. I'm... Out of practice. I don't usually live in the Citadel." His tone was jovial, and he smiled again. He took the woman's hand, Delphine, and shook it gently, scared he'd break her. His own hands were rough and large, and he felt once again like a coarse, unintelligent giant amongst civilized folk. "Rasmus. I'd say people call me Ras, but they don't." He grinned widely, white teeth flashing.

He nodded his head in acknowledgement, a thoughtful look crossing his face. "I can understand that. If I could, I don't think I'd eat meat, either." He admitted, thinking of his beloved Luxere. He definitely turned his nose up at eating them, but unfortunately food was food, and he couldn't afford to be picky. "I'd have to eat a whole lot of plants not to starve, I think." He chuckled.
RASMUS
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine chuckled, giving the man a wide grin as he promised not to touch her bread. When he admitted he was out of practice, she chuckled. "I don't either, really. I live with," she twisted in her seat, gaze skimmed the people in the hall, before she pointed, directly towards her blonde, blue-eyed stunner. "That's Noah, I live with him." He'd probably seen the two of them, they were almost always touching one another, kissing one another. Delphine had a bit of trouble getting used to that, but Noah seemed so at ease, eventually it had gotten easier.

"Rasmus! That's such an interesting name. Does it mean anything? I was named for delphinium, a plant that, while poisonous and sickening, in the correct dosages works as a sedative." She'd recognized the man was even more uncomfortable than she. And she was making up for that. "But I doubt anyone finds me sedating," she snorted, biting into a piece of sweet-bread.

When the man addressed meat, she shook her head. "Not at all! Certain fruits and vegetables, and regular plants too, have enough protein to fill you up just like meat." She exclaimed, with a nod and a smile. "The hard thing is just, it's so cold here, not much can grow."
Rasmus Nyaroy
Luxere Herder

Change author:
Rasmus nodded. He thought perhaps he'd seen them, on one of his trips into the Citadel to get supplies or deliver one of his Luxere. Having lived in Halo his whole life, Rasmus knew of most people. Most people just didn't know of him. "Oh, right." He murmured in agreement. "Where abouts do you two live?" He queried, voice open and curious.

The big man chuckled slightly at that. "You don't seem either poisonous nor boring, at least, not yet." He joked. "No, at least, my parents didn't tell me if it does." He frowned slightly, but shrugged his shoulders. "They weren't particularly meaningful people." He smiled fondly. They'd both passed on, peacefully, five or so years ago.

Rasmus absolutely agreed with her, but couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped him. "Oh, definitely." He added quickly, not wanting her to think that he was laughing at her. "Just, don't try to eat the grass." Rasmus winked. His face turned thoughtful. "It isn't very filling, and it doesn't taste great." He admitted wryly. "You know, I've never been out of Halo, so I guess I'm just use to the cold. But some greens would be nice, for sure." Rasmus smiled broadly.
RASMUS
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"Once LongNight's over, I'll have you over for dinner." She promised, with a grin. "And I'll make you a meal. I'll be heading to Torchline to purchase a few things if you'd like to come along." She offered, with a smile.

She'd decided she liked the older man. "I'd love to show you Torchline. Though I don't know it as well as I know the Hollowed Grounds..." She hummed thoughtfully at that fact, before shrugging. Maybe Rasmus would like to be a travel companion; she was better off traveling with someone than without, as it were. Less chance of getting lost if someone came with her

-fin=