so much wrong
Melita
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
Walk me home in the dead of night,
'Cause I can't be alone with all that's on my mind
Remi didn't bother to go all the way up the lighthouse. Safrin wasn't there, and even if the gesture would have been symbolic, such things were above and beyond what the Alchemist was capable of just now. He was nearly wordless with worry, having heard nothing from the Hollowed Grounds. Though Vai was probably right, and ravens simply couldn't outsmart the monsters in the pitch black, his mind wouldn't let him think anything but the worst.

Ronin was dead. They were all dead. They were all—

"Stop." He hissed at himself, under his breath.

Raking his hands across his scalp, Remi looked up at the starless sky, sitting down heavily on the beach in wordless worry.
So say you'll stay with me tonight.
'Cause there is so much wrong going on outside
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
This LongNight held less worry, less consternation, less apprehension – the world not afoul and run aground by monsters, demons ceasing to thrive on the midnight oils, in between the strands of twilight. Instead, the sea glowed, parties rejoiced on sand, and the Hollowed Grounds seemed like lifetimes away in their threshold of safety, comfort, and forgetfulness.

But she didn’t truly forgo the knots in her stomach, the apprehension in her chest, the weight of memories bound and binding. The temptation to race across the dunes, the beaches, the swirls of brightened colors was beaten away by the notion of others left behind, chosen to stay in the inhospitable wake.

Instead, she walked and walked and walked, but not beneath the stars, hands behind her back, mind alive with wonder and worry. Fangorn meandered at her side, and they might have carried on in their listless wake, had another form not been immersed in shadow. Her eyes went to him instantly, would’ve recognized the figure anywhere, and the unease drifting from him in waves.

So she ignored the currents of the sea, and inclined towards him, towering only briefly as she remained standing, quiet (for once), in her might and zest. “Remi,” a light sprig on the air, meant to be comforting, consoling, rather than her brash, audacious splendor. “Would you like some company?”
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Glancing over his shoulder at the sound of his name, the Alchemist spied the nymph immediately. The way the firelight of the torches bounces against her coppery hair made her seem to glow in the dark. Rather than being a foreboding sight, her presence makes Remi smile faintly and he nods without having to give much thought to her question. 'I would, yeah.' He agrees, patting the sand next to him as if she needed the invitation.

"I have been told I've been drinking too much this LongNight already, so perhaps a bit of conversation would do me good." He adds with a humourless laugh, always ready to point out his own flaws. "Thanks for all of your help with the canals. I don't think I ever mentioned." Remi says with a genuine smile, before turning his eyes up towards the starless sky with a disappointed frown.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Despite the changes to his being, far more than she’d likely ever understand, there were still the amiable graces conformed to the Alchemist. Some days she wondered about him, what happened, what transpired, conspired the alterations to his core, to his soul, and despite all the insistence in her curiosity, in her emboldened prowess, she never gave them a voice. Her eyes went to the spot beside him, to his features as he accepted her offer, and then the slightest smile warmed up her features, as she drifted down next to his form. Her legs curled before her, arms on knees, as the rest of her dress billowed around her ankles, restless hearts staring out at the sea, at the void, at the sky without its stars, beheld in endless shadow. Fangorn bumbled along, resting amidst her feet, grumbling a greeting to the man before closing his eyes.

She rested her head on her arms, turning, tilting slightly to glance upon him, gilded gaze fully intent, failing to narrow in their precision – rather, they were vivid and bright, like pieces and snippets of the sun. Too much drinking was an understandable melee; especially now, and her breath was soft, light, words dulcet in the lack of fire and flames. “How are you?” She could supply roots of conversation, to dazzle and undermine any morose conjectures, but didn’t want to without knowing how he was.

Her grin grew, blossomed, with his smile reflecting back upon her. “You’re welcome. I don’t mind hard work.” A wink extended, meant to be back into days of familiarity, when everything was so much lighter, when shoulders weren’t weighed down by trial after trial.
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Remi nodded back to the gourd, not entirely sure what the appropriate salutation was but also not entirely caring. There was so very little that the Alchemist truly cared about these days. Not friendships, not conceptions of right or wrong, not even securing his own future. It was a strange way to be and massive divorce from the man he once was, but Remi was finding his rhythm in it, more and more every day.

"I...am rather lost without Ronin around." He answered honestly, turning to almost mirror Melita's posture. His eyes would never be as bright of course, but he could still rest his cheek upon his arms and at least pretend to have a bit of her light.

Snorting slightly at that, Remi nods. "Mm, I think nearly all the time we've ever spent together has been in the service of some goal or other, entailing hard work." Though his mind was fuzzy at best these days, what with not having a soul an easy justification for his writer having a poor memory, it seemed to ring true. LongNight preparation when they'd first met. Hunting trips, setting up businesses, fighting monsters...this was perhaps the first time the pair had just...sat and chatted.

"How are you?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Not quite reflections of one another; with the vast emptiness that seemed to exude from him, hollowed bits of the Remi she once knew. Her eyes searched his face, but didn’t say what for, the lithe, lissome little grin instilled on her features, quiet and content beneath the wake of the veils, shrouds, and shadows. What happened to you? balked behind her teeth, whistled in her chest, and still gave no rise, no clarity.

But she’d willingly give him bits of radiance, reverence, and light, the scorch of sedition billowing in her veins, pulsing, pervading in the essence of her presence. That he was lost without Ronin didn’t entirely surprise her – they’d always been a close pair – just that the Dark Star wasn’t in the midst. She briefly wondered what that was like, to be so connected to someone that without them, one felt misplaced themselves. “Did he go to the Grounds?” She couldn’t fathom why; and he had been here well after the portal closed towards Halo.

The honeybee youth blinked at his snort, then rendered a deeper smirk embedded across her lips. It’d always been action, action, action in her lungs, in her movements, in her motions, when the world had started out for all of them. Sitting and chatting wasn’t something she often took part in either; too intent on other focuses, pummeling the world between her calloused hands and palms. “I’m okay. Restless, I suppose.” Yearning to reach out and sink her teeth into sails and seas, into anything else that needed her.

So maybe she was in the right place, at the right time.
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Once upon a time it had been Remi who served as a light for others. Who always had a gentle smile, a warm laugh, and ever-bright eyes that served as well-spring of joy for others to draw from. He'd never been on the receiving end of the man he'd once been, but in Melita's presence, if he took a moment to think about it, he might have realized all that he'd lost juxtaposed against all Melita was. Hold on to yourself, he might have counselled were he the type to do so. Keep bright your light.

Turning the wedding ring over and over on his hand, not quite consoled by the heartbeat of his partner that he felt there, the Alchemist nodded. "Was sent there, yes." Remi clarified with a sigh. "He...asked Safrin for a favour and in return he was sent to the Grounds to patrol the streets during LongNight." The venom and darkness in the Alchemist's voice suggested he did not think this a fair bargain.

"You? Restless? Colour me surprised." Remi grinned back, genuine amusement slithering its way into his voice as he looked out towards a tide he couldn't quite make out. "We're nearly through it. Though it's...strange how..easy it is, on this side. Everytime I open my front door I expect to hear someone shouting at me to keep it closed."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Light; once bountiful and plenty, depths of warmth and vitality, a blissful radiance from his entity. She wondered, briefly, if he’d simply gave off so much over such an expanse of time that it fizzled and erupted, burst into flames, burnt at both ends, exhausted in its capacity, in its constant need. Where did yours go? She could’ve guessed, surmounted where it all swayed and severed; she’d been there at the Fiat Lux festival, her legs broken, crawling across the fields, listening to the screams, striving for something other than a hellhole. Where little Aoife had been punctured and pierced just like the rest of them. Or maybe it was something else entirely; a lead, a beginning to an end. A path curled in rubble and ruin, forgoing and forgetting the roads of ambience – because the darkness was so pressing, so looming. She'd willingly give him her boldness, her entanglements of fire and vitriol, if he'd wanted them.

And to lose hers? I won’t, she would’ve promised, had their thoughts paralleled, had she of known. I will burn and I will avenge.

Her eyes watched the movement of his ring, the clarity coiling through the air. Sent there. She didn’t smile in the hues of his venom, in the stark void of his irritation. “I’m sure he’ll succeed.” Faith in the steadfastness of a Star; but didn’t want to negate the danger, the impending damnation of the Grounds this time of year. They both knew. They’d both experienced it enough. So she meant to distract instead. “I only saw Safrin one other time,” aside from their group meeting, where they asked for guidance and support.

His grin in return took away the weight in her chest, and her smirk embedded further, much more Cheshire and delighted. “It’s very odd. Sunjata prepared the house just in case.” Out of habits and routines, as if they should’ve been doing something for LongNight – the tales of no monsters not sitting well with former Grounders, meant to expect the worst. “Do you have plans for Flowerbirth?”
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
To this, the Alchemist said nothing. His sunny optimism had been doused long before LongNight case its long shadow, and he'd not wrap himself up in false words of security. "Safrin gave him a luxere shift." He said instead. Even so, he was still a man against the monsters for all of LongNight.

"Did you?" He asked, brow raised. "Well you aren't pregnant or otherwise ensnared by her that I can see, so I assume it went well."

Snorting again as he imaged Sunjata prepping the house (the relationship between the honeybee and the flood still one he found strange to wrap his mind around), Remi just grinned. "Did he go all the way back to the Grounds to get the snowmoss then? Or did sand work?"

In truth, the Alchemist hadn't given much thought to Flowerbirth. Wrapping himself up in Ronin and stowing away far from prying eyes was at the top of his list, but past that, he couldn't say he had. "Monsoon season will come, I know that..." Leaning forward and dipping his fingers into the sand as if it were water, he tossed it ahead of them as if to emulate rain. "And...we will have to see Safrin again, to tell her we've completed her tasks for the canals.."
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
A luxere shift; and the Star would be able to wield himself in the midnight trepidations. But that meant facing monsters head-on – his form, his antlers a shield, and for how long? Melita had never been quite daft enough to wander into the midst of LongNight’s clutches. The rest of them had done that for her, and she’d observed, watched, as worlds came crashing down, as the injured and invalid came wandering in. “I’m sorry he couldn’t be here with you.” And she laid out a hand, an offering, in case he required some sort of support. If he didn’t take it, that was fine too, but Melita had always been the kind of youth to extend her strength, her courage, her audacity.

She managed to laugh at his inclinations of Safrin’s reign – though it lacked the fundamental understanding. “No, nothing like that.” Another warm smile, lifting the corner of her lips, residing in bright, illustrious foundations. “We exchanged rocks!” And it seemed very simple, very silly, encouraging another giggle in the threshold of darkness.

As for Sunjata’s preparations, she hastened a nod, cheeks rubbing against her arms. “He helped out some still in the Grounds and snagged some snow moss while he was there. But no monsters here.” Save for the human variety.

Monsoon season would come, and Safrin once more, and with the canals, the alterations in place. She watched him play with the sand, as if the forces were particles of impending deluges, grin softening, content in those dulcet moments. “I’ll be out to sea,” she hummed under her breath, eyes roaming briefly to the coast, the sound of the current continuing its sinuous motions despite only shadow dotting its banks. For whatever adventure awaited out there.
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Though there had been a time when the Alchemist had forgone politeness entirely, it had slipped back on him now like a well-worn blanket. Reaching out, he let his calloused hand slip across Melita's, offering the youth a warm and appreciative squeeze, before letting it fall back into the cold sand.

"You exchanged...rocks?" Remi asked, puzzled. Was Melita's experience so innocent and harmless because she was not a pretty man to be toyed with? But then...Safrin's meddling didn't seem limited to gender or sex. Perhaps it had to do with the honeybee's affection for Ludo, not that Remi knew of it. "That sounds...very mundane, for Safrin."

With a rumbling hum, the Alchemist was forced to agree. "No monsters here." And like Melita, he immediately thought of the human variety.

Frowning in moderate confusion, Remi racked his thoughts for the answer and then oh. Something like disapproval crossed his features for just a moment, before he sighed it away. "Jack." It wasn't quite a question, nor a statement, but somewhere in between.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Her hand was taken, but not for long; and the youth thought nothing more of it, exuding her warmth and generosity back to an individual that had once always pervaded the same. Even if things had changed, altered, beyond recognition, Melita would grant and give what Remi had always done, always exuded, for the rest of them.

The girl’s smile didn’t fade either, light, airy, ethereal, as they discussed rocks, and she shrugged. Even if Remi wasn’t impressed, she had been. “Yes. Each of us shared one to remember the moment.” She dug around in the pockets of her dress, and extended the ivory stone out for the Alchemist to see in the palm of her hand, before tucking it back away, for safekeeping, for memories.

She hadn’t expected Remi’s blunt statement of the Ark’s captain, merely a name and nothing else, causing her brow to arch, the wonder in her skull bounding off, ricocheting through. Something felt off, and a little trepidation meandered through her skin, and her fingers clutched at the ends of her fabric, drawn around her knees again. She nodded her head, indicating she’d be aboard Jack’s ship. Her eyes went briefly to Fangorn as he rumbled around the silt and sand, making imprints where the dunes were damp from the waves. “I get to use the cannons,” sparked an effervescent, feral grin, a segment of pride, intending to erase the foreboding measures pervading along her veins.
to be the sun
MELITA
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
Not that she was offering for him to take the stone, but if anything the Alchemist flinched away slightly from the sight of it. Exchanged stones, he thought with a frown, wondering if perhaps the 'gift' from Safrin was actually a way of keeping tabs on Melita. But such was not his place to comment on, and so he merely nodded as she tucked the pale stone back away from view.

Grinning at the mention of cannons, the Alchemist tossed away the last of his sand and looked over his shoulder. "Do you expect to have much need to use them while you're away?" He asked mischievously. In reality though, he did wonder about what and where the Ark would be during monsoon season.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Melita gave no thought to anything untoward or suspicious regarding the heralds – she likely should’ve, given how many individuals she’d known who’d undergone some devastating intervals and actions. Instead, save for the one time she’d had to offer up memories, the youth had remained relatively unscathed. Whether or not this by fortune, luck, survival, or everyone else’s assistance, the girl wouldn’t be able to say; not bothering to delve too deeply into those fathoms.

At his question, the youth’s head rose from her knees again, humming once more under her breath, the delightful designations of her smile drawing inspiration from Cheshire grins. “I hope so!” Was made on mischief, on charm, on ebullience, effervescence, and the twist and turn of devilish delight. Remi likely knew how much she actually believed it – hellbent for danger, for treachery, for impulsive, impetuous, emboldened designs the first on her list of motivations.
to be the sun
MELITA