before the dawn
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
but baby i've been here before; i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
The Alchemist moved clumsily through the portal, having used it only twice before. The clouded vista beneath his feet gave way easily enough and soon he was moving through a blackened water-like vertical surface that revealed the interior of the Spire on the other side. When last he'd thought of this place, it was to figure out how he might transport his magical wagon through, that he, Ronin, and Aoife would have a place to live when finally they all set out together. That man, as we all know by now, is hardly anything more than a memory, but still it seems worth mentioning. Perhaps it always will, for Remi's recklessness is only significant in comparison with all he once was.

All he once had.

There was no use trying to be quiet. If there were monsters here, he had no way of hiding from them; best he burn brightly then. So it was that as Remi stepped through the portal it was with manticore wings sprouted from his back and a body wreathed in flame. What little he knew of the monsters told him they ought to balk at fire, but that didn't mean he would be tardy in exiting the basement of the Spire.

Or trying to, anyways.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
do not stand at my grave and weep;
i am not there. i do not sleep
Afraid of the flames, the monsters throw stones and bits of broken-wall at the Alchemist as he bolts up the stairs. They try and trip him with debris aimed for his feet, but he evades. Screeching their hatred for both he and his fire, they swarm like an oppressive shadow-heavy cloud, following in the wake of his fiery footsteps.
do not stand at my grave and cry;
i am not there, i did not die
LONGNiGht
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It should have set his teeth on edge. It should have made him turn away, should have made him more reasonable and scared. For all the things that a swarm of monsters on your heels should have inspired, Remi's mind was shockingly clear, his stomach and heart free of trepidation or worry. Though the Alchemist burned, he burned with love. He burned with a stupid romanticism that begged for Ronin's disapproval at his actions, for it meant hearing his husband's voice. His heart skipped a beat to think of a stern blue stare beneath impossibly expressive eyebrows, for then he wouldn't have to imagine Ronin's gaze any longer.

The emptiness that had so consumed the Alchemist was now brimming with careless devotion and need. All those parts of his soul, carved away by heartbreak and crisis, were now bursting with an unrepentant and youthful romanticism. He needed Ronin, no matter the cost. That he might die for his foolishness seemed utterly irrelevant, so brash was his want for his husband.

Climbing the final set of stairs and bursting into the darkness, Remi would immediately take flight if he wasn't hindered. Still entirely aflame, he'd be a target for the monsters as much as for Ronin. But height, if not fire, had always kept him safe before.

Whether it would again? Only a roll of the dice will tell.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
mary had a little lamb
its heart was black as coal
They climb and race after him, only to lose him to the sky. It is one vista they've not championed yet, for the majority of their prey hides away in burrows made of brick and wood.

But as soon as he comes down within reach of thrown items, they will be there waiting for him.
it crept into her room one night
and ate her fucking soul
LONGNiGht
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
There shouldn’t be anyone near the Spire, but after the strange creature had called out to them, Ronin couldn’t be sure that there weren’t any stragglers. And if there were, the antlered man and his starlight would be there to guide them back home. That was the deal. Vanya’s star for their protection. Do you see, Ludo? Do you see the good in the LongNight? Will it turn your gaze from the sky long enough for an osprey to be saved?

Ronin’s footsteps were far from steady, and whether it was exhaustion or madness was beyond him at this point. His lips moved soundlessly as he walked; he didn’t have to speak out loud all the time, he found, to hear his daughter in the dark. Perhaps a monster had hatched inside his mind, or perhaps some part of him had splintered away and was lost forever in the dark. Either way, Aoife was a constant companion - for his search for survivors was endless, it felt.
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It hadn't even occurred to Remi to notice the fact that he was partially shifted again. This renewed ability hardly mattered just now. Beacon-like as he was, there was little point in trying to be quiet. And so he pulled in a deep breath and screamed out the name that had been lingering on his lips for the past week.

"RONIN."

On his husband's hand, the pulse of Remi's heartbeat would be steady and hard. Desperate and stupid though he was being, everything in him said he'd find Ronin, said that this was the only option. Gods how he needed the Star, now more than ever. More than he thought possible. Those blue eyes, that laugh, the stern lines that would surely form around his lips. It was all Remi could do not to cry out in anguished need. Never before had he been so desperate, so ravenous, so very, very in love.

Change author:
mary had a little lamb
"I think I would have wanted a pink cake, with yellow roses on it for my party. monster!Aoife was saying, of what her 10th birthday cake would have looked like.

As soon as Remi lingers closer, recognizing the Star below and flies towards him, rocks will fly his way. Most will miss, a few will harmlessly bounce off, but one will shatter the bones in one of his hands.
and ate her fucking soul
LONGNiGht
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
”Mm... would you have wanted a surprise party, maybe?” Ronin responded listlessly, half blind in the darkness, only able to see within the pool of his luxere light. He whispered something else then, after speaking out to the monstrous, wonderful thing that strolled with him through the shadows, but that much was unintelligible, and to someone who was only present in the Star’s mind.

When a familiar voice roared his name overhead he flinched down automatically, craning to see where it came from. And there was Remi - ablaze, on fire, dying. ”No,” he whispered, blue eyes growing harsh, hard as stone.

”No, you don’t take his face. Not his, please. I can’t.” He addressed the darkness around them; because it was abundantly clear - the monsters were Remi now.

Either way, as the only thing glowing near the Spire, he should be fairly easy to spot.
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
No, the glow was hard to miss. Diving down, a red compliment of light to Ronin's ethereal blue, the Alchemist immediately dove towards his husband. As soon as he was twenty or so feet from the ground, the air around grew thick with pebbles and stones. Weaving to try and avoid them, Remi was struck in the hand, having had his arms out to try and aid with balance. Grunting and biting down on the pain, Remi shakily neared the ground, landing a touch awkwardly and without any of his normal grace.

"Ronin—" Remi murmured, hissing in a pained breath as he held his broken hand to his chest. Glancing around at the edge of his firelight, wondering what the darkness might be holding, he extended the ring of magical fire as far as he could, to give himself the most distance with which to see. "I know I shouldn't be here. I know I said I'd stay, but gods Ronin I couldn't go another second without seeing you." The words tumbled from his lips in a rush, Remi's eyes simultaneously looking anguished and boyishly bright.

Change author:
mary had a little lamb
monster!Aoife rattled on about what sort of party she would have liked, who would have been invited. What would Ronin have gotten her? She wanted to know.

Seeing Remi, she fell silent as the darkness around seemed to thicken. Remember, you promised not to leave... The monster said warningly. With the thick wall of fire and luxere light now around them, the monsters huddled far back from the circumference of light, saving their rocks.

For now.
and ate her fucking soul
LONGNiGht
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
It had Ronin staggering a little, the fiery landing, his husband standing within. And fuck, his heart ached with it, to see Remi standing there, as perfect a replication as Ronin could conjure in his mind. Because it was in his mind. This was all pulled out of his own head, and finally - finally they were here, and the monsters had pulled out their secret weapon.

”Get out.” His voice didn’t sound like his own, a gruff, raw sound that was tight in his throat. Don’t you dare. Not him.” Drawing a shuddering breath, he raised his hand and conjured two bright bolts of starlight. Throwing them hard at Remi, he turned to keep walking, picking up his pace this time. ”It isn’t real,” he mumbled to himself. ”None of it... Just the dark.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"No, you idiot, it's—" Not expecting the attack (though he should have, had he any sense about him), the bolts struck the Alchemist firmly in the chest (and the hand placed thereover). Stumbling backwards, the fire dousing for a moment as pain raced through him, Remi roared a note of distress as his jacked sizzled and melting against him.

On his knees, he called up the fire around him again as he rocked forward, clutching his hand to his chest and growling through the pain. It took a few seconds for clarity to rain down upon him, and once it did, the Alchemist immediately looked over his shoulder to where Ronin was leaving him.

"Ronin, fuck." He grumbled, half laughing, half still biting down on the pain. There was no anger though; Remi was still far too relieved and joyful at seeing his husband, even if it meant dying for it.

"Listen...feel this, then. They can't do this. And then when you figure out I"m me, get over here and heal me about it." So saying, Remi grabbed for his ring and pulled it off. No sooner had he, then Ronin would feel his heartbeat cease on his finger. "And on—" And back the pulse would come. If Remi was a monster, how could it affect Ronin's band?

Remi HP: 80/144

Change author:
mary had a little lamb
The second Remi's fire was doused, they came. Like a swarm they piled upon him, shredding away one of his wings nearly down to the fragile bone within. The other they tore and plucked, removing feather after feather leaving a bleeding husk in their wake.

As his fire roared back to life, so too did they scurry to the dark.

Remi HP: 50/144
and ate her fucking soul
LONGNiGht
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
The fire was warm at his back, almost making Ronin twitch away from it. It was that real heat that had him turning in time to watch the monsters descend upon the imposter, ripping and tearing and feasting as they were wont to do. And his eyes narrowed, fist clenching and unclenching as the band on his finger ceased to thrum with Remi’s heartbeat. Indeed, it felt as though his own heart stopped too, until the band was replaced and the pulse against his fingers returned.

”Stole it,” he reasoned, already wondering at the magic of it, how the monsters had achieved such a thing. And gods he shouldn’t have turned, he shouldn’t have looked. A choked sob rose up in his throat; whether real or not, the sight of Remi was enough to push him over that steepest, most wicked of edges.

Tottering around, he made his unsteady way back towards the ring of fire - through it, even, though it singed at his clothes, the hair on his arms, any exposed flesh. Luxere light basked down onto the two of them, Ronin standing over his husband, gaunt and tired and content, even if it wasn’t real.

”Okay,” he said, shuffling to sit down with Remi, growing still. ”I’m done.”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!