The Wound Heals But It Never Does
Wessex
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
'cause the bad's been slowly getting worse
and this fast lane living, it's a curse
"It was... planned." It's the first time he's let himself accept the information, and despite everything he's lived through at this point, he feels a clench of fear in his chest. Even this long after. "It had to be." The only thing to question from there was who made the plan? The girl herself? Or some deeper, more powerful, more insidious mastermind? It's not something Nate wants to think on at the moment, but later, back home, he's sure it will come up. Right now though, it doesn't feel like a helpful realization, just one he needs to say, to ensure Wessex knows everything he does.

The Demi-gods words have Nate's gaze rising, finding a point on her back instead of on the boy on the ground. "I'm planning on having a quiet season." He rumbles, the slightest edge of humour in his voice, breaking through the circumstances surrounding them, and the lie he's sure those words are going to be. "You need to be more careful than I do." The teleporting Wessex does, the constant motion, it's not a safe pace to keep. Nate pushes himself up to his feet, swaying just a little before he really catches himself. "I'll let you know if anything else happens though."

Taking a step closer, Nate looks down at the body, at his brother, empty now where once there had been so much life. There's nothing he can say, nothing he can do to make anything any different. Without thinking, he reaches out to put a hand on Wessex's shoulder, seeking comfort as much as he's offering it, though it's quiet, cold. "Voice's got him now, right?" He may not be the most fervent devotee, but everyone needs something to cling to sometimes. "It's... not really goodbye, like that." His voice is rough, and his eye stays pointed down, but there's a tip of his chin, a settling of his shoulders that says he's ready, if she is.
better tell me what's your life worth
i think it's time for a change, 'cause the drugs don't work

Messages In This Thread
The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Nate - 07-07-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Wessex - 07-07-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Nate - 07-08-2020, 04:39 AM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Wessex - 07-08-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Nate - 07-09-2020, 03:37 AM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Wessex - 07-09-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Nate - 07-12-2020, 12:15 AM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Wessex - 07-12-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: The Wound Heals But It Never Does - by Nate - 07-14-2020, 05:31 AM