[Open] Sea and Surf
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Zephyr

Oooh, looks like you hit a nerve. You put that knowledge away for later, figuring you can use it or not as is appropriate. You've had plans coming together for a bit, and this Nerissa may well factor into them. Plans you might have brought up with Olavi, but...

Well. You want to preserve some level of decent-human-being-facade in front of the boy.

Felix's enthusiasm is a great balm to the tension. Without interrupting you cop a squat, fishing into your pocket for the usual silver flask. A quick drink - you don't want to be drunk, just pleasantly at ease - and you extend it out toward the merman, brows raised in the silent and universal sign of 'truce?'

never trust a survivor until you find out what he did to stay alive
Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Age: 41 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Buddy, you're a young man, hard man
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
Felix's enthusiasm was far too much; Olavi struggling not to lean away from the eager speech and only just resisting the urge to cringe at the kid's pure thrill. It was like he hadn't had a single disappointment yet: it reminded him of a much younger child, but Felix looked to be at least in his teen years. "Sounds like you like 'em." He said of the Fae, voice dry and flat in comparison to the passionate description given, but not particularly unkind.

As for his own shifts, he wasn't interested in showing off like a pet to the kid, but he nodded. "Yeah. All Mer can shift." Idly, he swished his shark tail in the water, the end fin just peeking out of the surface for a moment; it was up to Felix to work out just what his shift would be.

Zephyr clearly held less enthusiasm for the topic and Olavi watched as the flask was offered out to him, unsure if it was wise to take it: but eventually decided to, as a show of bravado if nothing else. Grabbing it, he knocked back a mouthful (it tasted like shit, but he refused to show that on his face) and passed it back. "So what is it you're doing nowadays? Working with Jack, still?"
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Olavi
Base Code by Sky!
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: N/A - Strg: 15 - Dext: 7 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
and whatever happens please remember all the laughter, stitch it together kid, i know you better
Of course Felix is excited – aside from coming to Torchline, the only interactions he’d had that weren’t his mother had been Fae. He’d gotten used to their culture, their sizes, their magics and shifts, and the way the Greatwood shifts and moves around them as if their lives were almost bound to it. Still, there’s some part of surprise for the boy at Zeph’s silence, wondering a bit too late if he’s talking too much, especially when he’s done commenting on the Fae with the idea of the Merfolk having their own shifts, his jaw snapping shut with an audible click.

His dual toned gaze slips toward the shark tail that slips out of the water, realization dawning on him as he focuses on it and tries to imagine the rest of Olavi as such a fish – though it doesn’t go quite well, the resulting image in his mind bringing up a quiet snort of amusement. Luckily for Felix, the comment of someone he doesn’t know and hasn’t heard of, is offered and Felix’s head snaps toward Zeph with dark brows raised. “Who’s Jack?
FELIX
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Zephyr

You'd be perfectly fine if the conversation never came back to you at all, but you suppose there's no rest for the wicked and all that. Shame Olavi didn't have the decency to show off his shift; you're sure Felix would have been enthralled, and truth be told you don't know enough about sharks to identify him by his tail alone unlike your writer amirite.

"Aye. Though the Ark's out fer the season. Maybe you'll see 'em." Shrugging, you turn back to Felix, not quite sure the best way to open this particular can of worms. "Jack is... someone I work with. An' a friend'a mine. An' a ship cap'n." There you go. Much better than a smuggling scoundrel who's kind of like my shitty kid brother and has probably killed a fair few people by now and regularly makes me want to blow my brains out but I love him, I guess.

Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Age: 41 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
That Felix seemed to laugh at his tail certainly did him no favours in Olavi's eyes, who shot the boy a strict glare and plunged his tail back underwater: if he was going to see the shark shift now, it would be moments before a bite. With that in mind, he ignored the question, letting Zeph answer it instead.

"Sure I will; Neri will be wanting to do business." He agreed quietly, nodding. Olavi was never quite privy to the plans that swirled around his lovers mind endlessly, more of an accessory than a co-conspirator, but he was sure there would be a visit to the Ark before long. "You don't go on the boat with them, then? Seems like this one would fucking love it." Pointing at Felix, Olavi gave Zeph a look with just a hint of a smirk, as if asking why not?
Olavi
Base Code by Sky!
Felix Calob

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
and whatever happens please remember all the laughter, stitch it together kid, i know you better
The pieces filter in and Felix absorbs them like a sponge – a captain, a friend, someone the older man works with. A small nod is given to that explanation, brows furrowing as he tries to figure it out a bit further, before listening to what Zeph has to say. And well, with the Ark out, there wasn’t a way to get on the boat then, were there? But he does recall the idea that Zeph offered to let him take a trip on the boat, so that way him and Vai might be able to see what was on the other side of the ocean one day.

Perhaps all was not lost after all, as Felix’s bi-toned gaze flickers back toward Olavi, a small smile crossing his face and completely oblivious to any of the smirks or innuendos the mer might be making. “Maybe one day! I’d like to go on the boat.” He admits, forgetting all the prior inquiries of before, mainly for focusing on the idea of it all.
FELIX
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
Zephyr

"Someone's gotta keep an eye on things here." No way are you gonna tell this mer about your personal problem; the fewer people who know about your especially special stomach, the better. As for Felix? Yeah, he probably would love it. You turn to the boy, raising a brow. "You wanna get on a boat, kid? I can set ya up." You know most of the local sailors after all, many of whom are quite a bit more reliable and less ridiculous than Jack.

And less likely to somehow get you in trouble with his Ma.

Straightening up from your squatting position you raise your arms into a stretch. A yawn punctuates it; pursing your lips questioningly at Felix, you raise a brow in question. "Well, Felix- should we get hustlin'? Or d'ya have more questions for our friend over here?"

Olavi Heskin
Bodyguard

Change author:
It was really quite sad for the humans, all things considered, that they for the most part only got to experience the sea from the top of their boats. "Or if you find a really nice mer - not me - you could get to swim down." He said idly, not really minding if some kid got to see the city, since it seemed unlikely he'd actually get to anyway.

With Zeph making to go, Olavi leaned back and looked at Felix, raising his eyebrows to see if the boy did have any more questions. Oddly, as much as he was finding this irritating, he almost hoped that he did.
Olavi
Base Code by Sky!
Felix Calob

Change author:
Okay.” He agrees with Zeph, head swinging over toward the older man with a wide grin. He’s putting the info of that away for later, a bit of excitement growing in his chest at the prospect of plans and things to do, something new to focus on. He almost misses the question that Zeph poses, his gaze focusing on Olavi as he considers it and finds the other mans attention on him too.

And jeez, that’s a lot of pressure.

He hears what Olavi says, a few seconds after it’s said, and he takes a sharp inhale, stepping back from where he’d encroached on Olavi’s space – turning his head toward Zeph then. “We probably should before mom gets upset.” He offers a bit quieter before turning to look back at Olavi, that same boyish crooked grin crossing his face. “It was good to meet you!” He chimes, before he’s stepping away from the edge of the Rainbow Road toward the path they’d initially been taking.

{fin}
FELIX