An Anonymous Package

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
An Anonymous Package

There's a nondescript brown package lying in the center of a milling group of people. Right in the open, where the most eyes will see it. If one were to approach, they'd see parchment tacked to the top. A message is scrawled on top, in a variety of changing hands, as if to intentionally shroud the identity of the writer. The message is as follows:

There exists individuals who will not allow the False Shepherd to insert her pawns into our world. Followers of the Old Gods, know that there are those who seek to eradicate this infestation of unnatural creations. Let this be a warning to all who call themselves Ascended - you are not above us as your name implies. You may not bleed, but you will burn.

Inside, should the box be opened, there is a severed head - Robin, the Ascended. The eyes stare sightlessly, and should the mouth be opened it will be noted that the fangs are missing. Fluid coats the stump of the neck in mimicry of blood, clearly brutally hacked off. There is nothing else to be found.

Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LILY
Well if no one else is going to see the package, we might as well traumatize Lily.

She’s a bit hungover from the first real vacation she’s had in years, and it hasn’t completely hit her yet that she might be coming back to a drastically different Hollowed Ground. Her mind is on what to do with the Torchline house - does she want to move there permanently? Does she owe it to the Grounds to stay? Luggage in hand, she comes back through the portal and is on her way back to her house here, which surely needs a good clean-out after more than a week away, when a commotion draws her attention.

And there’s a moment when she could turn away and go, ignore it, escape - but she doesn’t. Instead, Lily approaches and someone whispers to her that it’s an Ascended Head, causing her eyes to go wide, going even more pale than before. She doesn’t want to see it, doesn’t want to know who it is, but she can’t block out the murmurs about the note and the Old Gods, so she quickly turns away and heads back to her house with a sick sort of feeling in her stomach.
don't know if you love me or you want me dead
the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive