Mini Event When your heart has expired
Rexanna Funeral - Open to anyone
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
is it better to be a monster with a heart, or a human without a soul?
my hands are shaking
She tries to ensure that Bastien is settled enough, an arm slung around him as she guides him to his seat. Her tear rimmed eyes shift back toward Deimos at the suggestion of stories, and gods does Kiada have so many – so many of a different woman, but one that remained the same in her heart. She tries to decide what to bring up at first, coming at a loss as her hand idly rubs along Bastien’s back, trying to soothe where she can, when she notices someone she’s never met stand and begin to tell their story of her mother.

And it’s touching, really, another sharp tightness of her throat meets her as she struggles to swallow it down. But then silence encroaches again as they leave, and Kiada decides maybe she can pick something up with it. She gives Bastien’s shoulder a light squeeze before she goes to stand in front of everyone too.

I’m not sure if many of you know or not… But Rexanna was my mother. A different version of her, an older one back where I’m from. I’m not sure how the Portals work in terms of snagging people but…” She trails off with a wave of her hand. “I didn’t know this version of her very well. But I’ve heard that she was similar to my version in many ways. So here goes nothing.” She takes a sharp inhale, gaze seeking out Deimos and Chulane for support, before she glances along the crowd again.

My mother was a strong woman, who would have done anything for her family and her friends. A lot of the time without thinking of herself in the meantime.” A sharp swallow of a tightening throat once more. “She was the type of woman that would’ve helped anyone she could, if you proved yourself to be a decent person she’d be the one offering you a place to stay for a few days to get on your feet. She’d be the one offering you food if you were hungry. She was like that in my version of her, and she was also proud of it. Sometimes she didn’t stick to the rules of things, and sometimes her decisions were questionable at best, but they were always aimed toward a good reason.” She manages a slight curl of her lip to that, a soft smile. “She loved everyone she came in contact with in one way or another. Her heart was so big, I never understood it.” A shake of her head before her voice trembles.

And then she finds Bastien again. “I don’t think I ever will. But I miss her, we will all miss her. I just hope that wherever she is, she can see how much she was loved in return.” She pauses for a few moments, blinking back tears from her eyes, and moving to go and sit beside Bastien again in an attempt to continue to soothe him.
my knuckles are bruised
but i survived
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
When your heart has expired - by Bastien - 07-03-2020, 06:27 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Oliver - 07-03-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Deimos - 07-03-2020, 09:08 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Kiada - 07-04-2020, 04:22 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Chulane - 07-05-2020, 05:08 AM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Osozo - 07-06-2020, 02:20 AM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Lily - 07-06-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Aisha - 07-07-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: When your heart has expired - by Bastien - 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM