but I mostly fall
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
but am i too late? or hearts to your spades,
if i don't suit you? then what do you want from me?
There really only was so much to do cooped up at home while healing. At least with the unicorns help to alleviate much of the pain, he could walk and roam again. So this trip specifically takes him to the kitchen, making tea, enough for two cups because it wasn’t just him and Nate in the home right now, but Melita too. And there was a lot to catch up on before she heads out on her trip with Jack’s crew — the very same that continued to spark that burning anger deep within his gut.

Never for her, though. He knows she can hold her own, seen it time and time again. Still, doesn’t stop the worry.

He scoops up the two cups, slowly making his way to her room where the door’s shut, a limp to his step from the leg where he’d been attacked. And since his hands are full, he uses his foot to sort of knock/tap against the door. “Heuningby, can I come in?” A quiet question, loud enough through the door, wondering how she’s been taking everything.
so we're not written in the stars,
but i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
knew what she was doing when she invited the wild in
She’d been packing, preparing for the upcoming journey, consulting back and forth on her list. That she’d made one at all had been progress, but between comings and goings within the Fingers, assisting with canals, and hastening along any other necessities for the Ark to leave the port, she’d required one. With a piece of charcoal she sketched a line through several items, rechecking her bags, and then tossed in a few more clothes, daggers, and other essentials within the sack, before setting it aside. One of the items on her list, the bat box, had been settled nearby, and she’d made to put it outside before departing, maneuvering it along her dresser for now. Gifts she’d had made were tucked away, under a few other hidden wares, and so she stared over the great mass of assembled artifacts, listening to Fangorn grumble (vines striving to refold the hastened products), as Sunjata announced his presence.

Something like apprehension flew through her veins, but she couldn’t ascertain why; perhaps a mixture of their latest occurrences, events, upcoming ones, or anything else nestled in between. “Yes!” She bounded forward, opening the door, tilting her head to examine the situation, and then grabbed hold of one of the cups.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She’s been packing, he knew that much, but he’d never really spent a lot of time in the youth’s room. Instead, he’d let her have her room, her bats, her trinkets, and mostly stuck his nose out of it. But he’d be lying if he said there wasn’t a bit of concern for her wellbeing – joining Jack’s crew, sailing along, if it weren’t for the way the Ark’s crew had treated the trio as they left the Fingers.

But he trusts Melita and her ability to stay safe, to watch out for herself, unabashed at the possibility of setting someone ablaze if in danger. So as she says yes, the door opening and her clasping the cup, he limps slightly into the room with a smaller, softer smile just for her as he moves in to take a seat – bones and body still weary, still healing, but less with the work of Hotaru’s unicorn.

Do you think you’ll need anything else?” He asks, letting his gaze slip to the rest of the room, to the things she’d had packed or set aside, waiting for a brief moment for the tea to cool before he takes a sip.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Her eyes went to his limp, clenching her jaw, narrowing her gaze, as his movements were labored and slowed. Aren’t you going to get that fixed? flickered into her mind, amongst another assortment of vitriolic, vehement thoughts – she’d get her vengeance for the subtle actions in the Fingers soon. What she didn’t have was the full story, even a modicum of facts, remaining blissfully unaware the entire time, as if a makeshift charades game, with everyone else well versed into the story.

Irritating too, considering how often she’d asked to be informed, a part of something. “What happened between you and the crew?” No tiptoeing around the circumstances, her gilded stare focused on him over the rim of her cup, taking a sip of the hot tea, washing it down with the rest of her flames.

His question lingered in the air too, and so she shook her head, surveying the artifacts she’d haphazardly strewn about. There was an organization to the chaos, and she felt no need to make it neat when they were simply going to be unpacked once she returned to her room on the Ark. “No, I think I’m okay.” Are you going to be? was another inquiry that didn’t quite make it past her lips, resting along teeth, fangs, and the bristling unknown. Every time she turned around he seemed to have found himself in another problem, trial, or tribulation, and Nate would only be able to save him so many times.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Small talk begins to disappear immediately as the heavy question is hit. Sunjata sinks into his seat, cupping the teacup, steel gaze flickering around the room until it finally lands on his niece, the firebrand that she was. “I broke up a fight.” He begins, taking as deep of a breath as he can. “Zeph was there, I pulled the daggers out and he walked into me and I gave him the scar on his face by accident. Of course, rumors got out, and Jack paid me a visit with a few of his crew. It’s why Nate and I had to join you in the Fingers.” A muscle feathers in his jaw. “So I could take Jack’s place, make some sort of amends.

As for how long it took them to get out? Well, Sunjata didn’t know all of the details at the time they were leaving. But a note had been left, Sunjata had chosen to pretend he knew what happened, but he’d been wrong as Nate enlightened him prior. “Then, came home fucked up from Jack’s visit and Nate and I got into a bit of a fight. It’s fine though, we’re fine, but his first trip out was to go and see Jack.” His gaze lifts to her then, as if she might be able to fill in the rest, downing a bit of his tea.

But he asks her if she’s got what she needs, if anything else might be required, and her consolation is met with a quiet nod. Another sip of his tea as he considers underlying questions there, mulling it over, and over, again. “You’ll be safe. I’ll come visit when you’re near the shore.” A small smile tugs on the corner of his lip with that — a similar defiance based from Korofi bonds.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Her brows furrowed further and deeper the more the story unfolded, eyes narrowing to dangerous slits, jaw toiling restlessly with saying something, or letting it all settle into the bottom of her ribcage. A sigh filtered from there, striving to steady the flames threatening to roll over, to not be so damned angry at him or the situations, or anything else that seemed endlessly stupefying. “Why is it always you?” She shook her head, careful not to spill the tea when the movement reverberated through her form. Melita had always been impetuous and impulsive, but Sunjata had taken audacity and idiocy to a whole different level – and this time he’d met up with those who weren’t going to take it.

Again.

There was a pattern of sorts here, and it revolved around the Flood. Now Nate was headed towards Jack, and the whole thing seemed so convoluted and mind-boggling, that the honeybee youth could just stand there and stew.

And she’d be free from harm?

That permitted a snort to billow through the air. “Oh, I’ll be safe. I can take care of myself.” She took a sip of the hot beverage, ignoring the rush of irritation, anger, and frustration honing through her blood – towards who, she couldn’t even say. “I worry about you.”
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Honestly, her question is one Sunjata asks himself a lot. But he mulls it over, sipping from the tea with a bit of silence partaking the room around them. “Well, it isn’t always me.” There’s a small wry smile that crosses his face as he finds hers again. “I'm just usually involved somehow.” Maybe had Nate not gone and attacked Jack for what had happened, things after the tunnels might have gone better than the prolonged attempt at leaving. Perhaps it wouldn’t have involved Melita at all.

But here they were.

And his concern for her is evident in the way he poses his questions, despite knowing deep down she can absolutely handle herself. The rest of it, though? For worrying? Has him swallowing a bit of the tea down before setting it on a table beside the bed, quietly leaning forward despite the protests in his still healing wounds. “I’ll be okay, Mel.” He rumbles before a small smile threatens to appear on his face.

I also wanted to talk to you about Nate. We’re… Well, we’re getting married. With Hotaru.” A quiet hum rebounds from his throat with that, a brow raised, waiting for a reaction. “I would love it if you came.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita’s features rendered a flat look as the excuses began – not matching his smile. This had gone beyond any sort of amusements – trouble was hilarious at times, given the circumstances – but after constant bombardments, wounds, and onslaughts, the mischief had ended. “A little thinking might help.” She tapped her head in emphasis with one finger – teasing but the disappointment, the saddened sentiments were still there. “If not for yourself, then for the others around you.” So they, like Nate, didn’t have to deal with it for eternity.

His statement caused her lips to draw into a frown, eyes glancing down at her half-finished tea. What if he wasn’t okay, and by the time she’d managed to find her way back, there’d only been pieces left of him? How many times had it happened to her already? Her jaw clenched, working over her frustrations, releasing a quiet breath. She had no answer, no alternative for him.

But then the following responses were stunning measures, head whipping right back up to face him again. Hotaru? When had she come into the picture again? “I don’t know how you keep track of all your relationships.” It was befuddling, bewildering, and perplexing – shaking her cranium again. She hadn’t even heard of a three-person wedding. And she wasn’t exactly certain if she wanted to imagine the complexity of it all – but Sunjata had never done anything simply. “I’ll ask Jack.” Permission to attend the wedding, since they’d likely be striving to be underway, off at sea.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Mmm, well…” He trails off, a tired huff of a laugh leaving him. “I’ll try.” He rumbles to her – and he certainly would try. He just couldn’t make any promises – too prone to breaking them. But as for recent dramatics, sent down a long way out of the tunnels in comparison to the rest of them, that hadn’t been his doing. Yet it had still impacted him, them, regardless.

So he takes a sip of his tea again, watching her jaw clench, his own sore from the previous bouts of pain that crept through his bones. Still, he doesn’t expect the surprise to cross over her face as she fiercely turns to focus on him. “It’s pretty easy, actually, nowadays.” He offers her, a crooked smile crossing his face. “I have you, Nate, Hotaru… Mm, well I think that’s it nowadays.” Sure, he has friends and what not, but when it comes down to it this is his family.

But when she tells him she’ll talk to Jack, he nods, settling back in his seat a bit and letting his gaze flicker along the room – how it had been empty, then full, and now it’ll be empty again. “Let me know.” A quiet soft sound leaves him akin to a sigh, a softer smile crossing his face. “And let me know what you plan to do with that bat of yours.” A raise of his brow.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
There was always something more, beyond the surface level of intertwining relationships, foundations, and the crumbling sanctions around them. Part of her wondered if she should stay – simply because this seemed like an explosion waiting to happen, and part of her knew she had to go merely to stay out of the line of fire. How many petty lines would be drawn? How many more injuries would be forged, while she out at sea, the wind and ocean at their beck and call? The latter was a form of dread and apprehension, afraid of what she might find or discover once she returned – to hear some tumultuous, turbulent tale of everything else falling apart. “Please, just be careful.” They both know better, but the youth could hope some of the phrasing carried weight.

Negotiations with Jack would be interesting regardless, hoping she would persuade it into more of her favor. She sipped more of her tea, giving herself time to think of anything else to say (to persuade in some contortion of control), nodding to indicate she’d inform him of what happened.

The bat was a different story, and a wide grin wrapped around her lips. “Oh, Batholomew has a new bat box!” She grabbed hold of the indicated wooden structure she’d made with some tools and materials from the market. “I’ll put him outside before I go.”
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Oh, he does take her worries seriously. There just wasn’t much he could do about it if things went south as they were often prone to do. But he gives into the seriousness of it, his head dipping in agreement as he finds her face. “I will.” He offers quietly, a quiet vow within it, hoping for nothing but a calm Flowerbirth of domesticity with Nate and Hotaru, the comfort within family and hopefully smooth sailing, so to speak, to have something wonderful for Melita to fall into when she returns from sea.

The last thing he wants is a cannon aimed directly toward him of all things.

He is surprised, however, at the wide grin that spreads across Melita’s face at the mention of the bat, his gaze dropping to scan the box she’d made for it. It seemed pretty well built, and as his gaze flickers back up toward her face, his brow raises – a huff of a laugh leaving him. “Batholomew…?” He questions, before shaking his head. A crooked smile crossing his face with it as he takes as deep of an inhale as he can.

Well, we’ll keep an eye out for him. Can’t say Nate’s too enthused, but we will.” He winks toward her with that. Nate’s uncanny ability to attract the creatures (himself included) sparking some sort of amusement through his gaze.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
She finished her tea, a series of nods following the curves and coils of conversation. She wasn’t sure what else to add, say, or question; Sunjata would do just as he wanted at any course of time, singular forethought not readily available. But her smile remained as they spoke about bats and Nate’s predilections towards the creatures (though given fables, stories, and tales surrounding Ascended, one would think they’d enjoy their fellow creatures of the night). “He’ll be very useful!” They’d hardly even notice the little bat there – fluttering back and forth during the evening, collecting nuisance insects.

Melita placed her cup along a dresser, then settled in for more packing, placing whatever discarded things from before haphazardly into their designated bags. The youth wouldn’t render the whole room deserted or desolate; figuring on the amount of clothes she’d need for a season out at sea, and then everything else (weapons already taken care of – they’d been the priority). “Do you have any other plans besides a wedding?”
to be the sun
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A softer smile edges the corners of his lips as he nods in response to the bat – eyeing it from the bat box Melita had made. If nothing else, Sunjata imagines he could probably guide the creature one way or another, though he hasn’t tried on her pet since she’d found it and he’d tried to compel the rest of the creatures away from Nate at the time. “He will be.” He offers easily, head dipping in a slight nod to that, before snorting lightly and picking his tea back up to sip from.

As for his own plans? Well, there were a couple. And Sunjata takes a sharp inhale as he focuses on filtering what thoughts run through his mind. “Well, I’m going to try and talk to Safrin about the daggers. Other than that? Hopefully a quiet honeymoon.” His gaze lifts up toward her again, quietly wondering if she’d have anything else to add, any other advice she feels deigned to tell him, to keep him out of trouble.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
More careless shoving of clothes, they were all going to be unpacked again soon anyway, and then the girl was putting away some portions meant to stay behind. She listened to his sharp inhale, to the gesture and thought of other plans (that he had actually put some method or machinations into events and structures was surprising enough). Safrin and the daggers didn’t strike a hard note in her head; hopefully he’d done as requested and that portion would go efficiently.

As she hastily stored things back and forth though, contemplating how many knives she’d actually be able to carry on her person, the mention of the honeymoon caused an arch to her brow, eyes focused on him again, smile softer; not as sharp, not as devilish. His definition of quiet might’ve been different from everyone else’s, but she could presume why he hoped and dreamed for such a luxury. “Were you thinking of going somewhere else for it?”
to be the sun
MELITA