{SE} Culinary Cabaret
for Amalia - preparing for Fiat Lux
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It seemed to be often that Oliver would be attracted to individuals in a sense of looking up to them. Many of the people he had met since his arrival had left an incredible impression on him and so many were leading fantastic lives. A majority were for similar reasons: they were strong and capable of holding their own. Amalia... was a bit of a special case.

Yes, he did adore that aspect of her but he also aspired to be far more than just that. She was smart, wise, and always seemed to know the right thing- it certainly helped that she was one of the closest to Safrin. There were many more reasons that Oliver liked her but those would be for a different time.

Today he wanted to give something. Call it buttering her up but in Oliver’s mind, he was just being helpful. He wanted to do something unique that would be useful and purposeful. What better way to do that than to make her a small bread tin in his shop. It took way too long because it just had to be perfect, but it did work out in the end. Hopefully. Oliver needed to test it out to see if it’d actually work.

And that’s how he ended up at her shop. Pushing open the door, he breathed in the heavenly scents and found a smile forming on his face. Fantastic. With him was the tin, wrapped up in a small, off-white cloth to obscure what exactly it was.

Calling out into the shop, he allowed the door to shut behind him. ”Amalia? It’s Oliver. I have something for you.” Here’s to hoping she’s both here and actually available to talk.

Amalia
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
i sailed seas of emotions to wander a forest of scars
i am a dance of light and darkness
Amalia is in the bakery, though she is not baking when Oliver comes in. Instead she is leaning over the wooden table that sits in the warm entry, cleaning off debris that does not exist with a nearly spotless rag. The entire bakery is spotless, in fact: cleaned and packed and nearly ready for the Shield's much-needed vacation, with only a small assortment of goods available to purchase.

She straightens up when the door opens, turning in a sudden burst of alarmed activity to face the intruder. For a split second panic fills her face; but then it is gone, quick as blinking, and perhaps it was never there to begin. It is replaced instead with a bright smile, the baker regarding Oliver and his package with open, curious eyes.

"What did I do to deserve this?" she wonders, reaching out to take the package, eager to unwrap and see what's inside. "Thanks, Oliver- anything I can get you in exchange?"
a galaxy of shadow and stars
AMALIA
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
There is a gleam of fear on Amalia's face and Oliver immediately begins worrying, his own eyebrows lowering ever so slightly. Then she changes in the blink of an eye, becoming far happier and Oliver finds himself still slightly worried, but also no longer displaying it as badly. Oliver couldn't tell how genuine it is, but he'd try and figure that out in a bit. Right now, he needed to try and be happy.

Her reaction did cause his lips to turn up into a small smile, the faintest of blushes on his cheeks. "It really was nothing." Except it was everything. Amalia didn't need to know how much time and effort went into making it, nah, totally not. Holding out the object, Oliver allows her to take it from him and he gestures for her to go ahead and unwrap it.

A bit more nervous now that the attention was all on him, Oliver clicks his shoes together, clearly thinking a bit too hard about this. "Well... I was maybe hoping you could get me feedback? On what I made you- it doesn't have to be right now if you're busy... I was learning how to make cookery and I immediately thought of you when it came to the baking things." There was a lot of honesty in his statement and all he could do was hope she wasn't bothered by it.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She wastes no time in opening the package, her slender fingers working with dexterous precision upon the pale wrappings. The tin reveals itself in well-crafted simplicity, an expertly designed creation that appeals greatly to the baker's nature. "It looks lovely, Oliver," she declares, looking up warmly at the blonde young man before turning her attention back to the pan, the object flipped between her fingers as she examines the seams for signs of breaks.

Thoroughly satisfied with the craftsmanship, Amalia smiles up at Oliver again and tucking a lock of hair behind her ear,. "Thank you- this was very kind. I'd be more than happy to repay you with a lesson, whenever you like. Though... we'll be out of town for a little while, soon." Again she moves to the back of the counter, still well in view as she looks for a place to store the unexpected gift.
AMALIA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
All Oliver can do is watch with wide eyes as Amalia unwraps the gift. His eyes shift to her face and he waits for a reaction, hoping his bread tin is up to par with her. Her verbal response helped him to smile and it only helped that she continued to inspect it. It ended up being good, from what Oliver could tell, and he felt pretty damn proud! It all worked out and he was really happy with the finished product. Hopefully Amalia would be able to find good use for it.

A sigh of relief leaves Oliver and he listens to what she had to say. Maybe his request would be way too much- but he could at least try, right? "Well... if you aren't busy, I wouldn't mind maybe if you'd be willing to teach me right now? I understand if you're busy, we can always find another time." It was an attempt and Oliver could try his best, hoping that this could prove a stress reliever for both of them. After all, learning how to bake bread could absolutely come in handy.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She hadn't planned a cooking lesson for today, but she can certainly find something for him to help her with. It will be a good distraction, too, keeping her mind from the darker places she does not want it to go. So she bites down eagerly into this new potential, nodding and already beginning to gather ingredients off of shelves. "Of course. I could teach you a recipe for Fiat Lux?" A simple flat bread, the very same she made with Deimos years ago.

How time has flown, Amalia thinks. How deeply the world has changed.

She pushes the dry ingredients across the meticulously clean counter, as well as measuring spoons. Flour, salt, baking soda, the simplest cores of any loaf. "You mix these together first. Then the liquids separately." Waiting for him to combine the dry ingredients, Amalia tilts her head. "How was Torch Line during LongNight?"
AMALIA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Already without him saying that he agreed with any sort of recipe, Amalia already seemed to know exactly what to do, grabbing off ingredients and pulling them down. "That sounds fantastic! I'll try that, yeah." It also sounded super mysterious and seeing as Oliver wasn't exactly a top tier baker, he couldn't envision the taste of the dish based on what she was pulling down... could bakers even do that? Eh, anyways.

Making his way over to the counter, Oliver nods along and goes ahead and pulls on the flour. Carefully, he begins to measure it out, followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Each one would be dumped down into the bowl. Due to his intense focus, his speech would be a bit slower than usual, but he could still multi-task decently well. "It was... pretty nice, yeah." A light hum and he begins to mix up the dry ingredients. "I don't know if you've met her, but I took Aisha with me... I took her in when she arrived and I guess she and I have somehow become close... Oh yeah, we stayed in the brothel." That last part should've been said first.... but eh. Who cares?
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She gathers the wet as he mixes the dry, listening intently to the recount of LongNight. It is a relief to know that so many were safe, tucked away from monsters and madness... even if countless still died. "I... am sure I have," Amalia answers of Aisha, the name not quite fitting to a face. "I think Deimos has mentioned her as being in the militia?"

Returning with water and eggs Amalia gestures for the bowl before taking it out of his hands. "Now the wet ones separately." These, too, are pressed toward him, the Shield leaning elbows on the counter as she watches him work. His declaration of where he stayed earns a raised eyebrow and a slight flush. "The brothel? Phoebe's running it, right? How is she?" It had been a long time since she saw the midwife. Picturing her running a brothel (picturing a brothel at all, really) still sits just outside her grasp.
AMALIA
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a nod and Oliver's eyebrows clearly raise, surprised to hear that Aisha truly has joined the militia. Damn, look at her go! It's certainly very impressive and Oliver is genuinely proud, practically beaming through the attuned bond. "Yeah, she's... well, she's going to be really great... she's already done so much and-" Oliver cuts himself off, realizing just how off topic he has gone from what he was originally saying simply due to how proud he was.

Thankfully, he was able to shift the subject over to speaking about Phoebe. Pouring in the wet ones according to her instruction, carefully mixing them up. "Yep. Phoebe seems a lot happier, honestly... I've only seen her a rare couple of times, but she really seems calm. Torchline and the new job seem good for her, really. Plus, it's a pretty dang good set up." Pausing for a moment, Oliver realized the implications and blushed a bit. Well- he had experienced it in that way. "It was a nice stay, far better than the Temple... it really gave me some time to rest and just reflect... I'm ready now for the next few steps of my life, I have a lot of plans to do." The words weren't correct and Oliver was almost stumbling over his words as he tried to push on past the slightly embarrassing comment.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It's sweet to hear the pride with which he speaks about his friend, clearly caring deeply about Aisha. Smiling at the words and the emotions she feels through the Attuned bond, the Shield inclines her head. "And she has good people looking out for her," Amalia says softly.

It's good to know that Phoebe is doing well. It seems that Torchline has done an amount of good for many people who grew too large for the Grounds.

Speaking of the Temple sets Amalia back into her unease. It's a good thing, then that they're almost done, the dough mixed and ready for transport. Amalia wraps a large section for Oliver, instructing him on how to make it at home. With a final wave she shuts the door, feeling very ready to get away.

{Fin}
AMALIA