[se] chaos is all they know
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824

Deimos the Reaper

master of nothing place, of recoil and grace

He wanted to run – the semblance of freedom across long limbs and stalking strides, prowess upon prowess not angled in despair, agony, or defeat, but the loom of efforts not so evaded, not so collapsed. Deliverance, providence, liberation in muscle overtures and canvases, canine attributes solidified in Stygian ramparts, and perhaps he’d carve his way to the edge of the earth, and leave a majority of it behind, paint the apertures in nothingness. He could escape and evade then, unfurled, untangled, unleashed, from the graves, from the catacombs, from the chains following him.

But it wasn’t reality, and the days of being able to hide, shirk, and erode from his problems had long since been over. Facing them head-on, defiant or enduring, stoked the measures.

For now, though, he wandered.

Zuriel joined, and they maneuvered along the underbrush of the long reeds belonging to the Oasis, a familiar haunt, early morning coating the world in pinnacles of light. They couldn’t quite reach him, those effervescent glows, and he didn’t stop to care, requiring constant movement, motion.

Together they roamed, and his thoughts circumvented to others things – tried, strived – grabbing hold of some grass in his mouth, pulling, tugging, collecting them in hordes along a rock, the maneuvers quiet, nearly carefree. The unicorn attempted, but ended up grazing a majority of the time, until it seemed to be just the hellhound in his aimlessness, wild in his own upended abyss.

image credits
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
she's coming up for the rising like the dark before dawn
Today the girl took to the skies, a molten amber fox with wings, with a sunkissed mane as it was in all her forms. She'd spent the days since returning staying occupied as possible. The plan had been to return in Flowerbirth and move on, stop deflecting and pull some semblance of sureity and purpose once the hard part was over. Everyone had told her what to be prepared for, but it hadn't saturated enough.

And now she was back to the way it was before, endlessly making busy, finding things to do but never finding her own way. Distractions distractions from the choices to make, sinking into herself and closing off. The flowers bloomed but Aisha stayed inside herself, nothing more than the girl who helps, the girl who trains with her sword, the girl who wanders. She longed for that freedom to make her way, but wasn't it so much easier to keep up your image, to play pretend that you know what your doing?

She swooped down from the dusky skies when she noticed a familiar figure. The hellhound scoured the earth below, they hadn't spoken since she'd returned, they'd seen each other in passing, at Rexanna's funeral. The fox glided down and caught herself on a tree branch just above his head. From upside down, she watched him, "Deimos."
AISHA
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

The Sword worked and moved and strived simply not to think, to not bury and wallow himself in those familiar brooding mires and warrens; maneuvering, stalking, through underbrush. More reeds were snapped and collected in his fangs, discarded along the rock, forcing his soul, his form, onward, in some regimen he’d attempted before – to not slip backwards, to not fall so blindingly into the conjectures of loss – but it was difficult, when everything still overwhelmed the brawn and depth of his shoulders.

He paused momentarily, lifting his head from the columns of earthen wares, ears heavily attuned to nearby sounds. Zuriel didn’t do the same; either indifferent or not bothered by an incoming presence, continuing to graze nearby. As much as a hound’s brow was permitted to furrow, it did, contemplating, ruminating, until the voice pierced and punctured through the void – and the beast’s head looked up – sharp and precise.

But there was no need to unfurl wild, wicked menace, to harbor immoral, iniquitous threats, to harpoon or languish the world around him. Despite not recognizing her current form, a bat, winged and perched, the reverberations of his name were enough to signal, verify, who it belonged to. Aisha, he granted in response, the slightest nod of his skull before placing the plant stalks nearby. He’d seen her only briefly since the portals reopened, at the Penumbra’s makeshift funeral, glad to see she was safe, well, and unharmed, that the freedom of worlds beyond the Grounds had been justified and true. Some of them had been wise enough, adept enough, to not stay within the spiraling hellhole, where monsters gathered and stubborn fools attempted to prevail. He didn’t know what to say now, after everything had pummeled and dissuaded, so he settled for slightly beyond formalities, a presence of normalcy he didn’t feel in his bones. How was Torchline?

image credits
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
she grabbed a razor for me
and she did it, just like that
There was some kind of comfort to be found in seeing him, hearing him. She'd looked up to him for some time now, he was the general she'd wanted to be in her past life. The swordmaster she still hoped to become. Not to mention all of his shifts, what she wouldn't give to walk in the hellhound's skin, feel the magma that coursed through those veins. They'd both made it through the winter, and that was in itself a joyous thing.

She watched from her perch through dark eyes as he placed some gathered stalks to the side, and took a moment to grasp for words. How was Torchline? Aisha scoffed, burying her head beneath her leathery wings for a moment before taking off and gliding down, touching the ground with the leopard's paws. Her tail curled as she approached then sat across from him, "Torchline was beautiful, I was shit," was her honest reply. She'd squandered in her week there, unsure what to do, no purpose, just an anxious tourist. She'd hated that feeling.

"I know I was lucky though," she added on a more sober note, chilled by the nightmare she'd avoided.
when she want something
she don't wanna pay for it
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

Bats to leopards, and with only a canine-arched brow to display his curiosity. Sated in her safety, he maneuvered across and within the reeds once more, head tucked down as he sniffed the ground, intending to find more items and objects to combine into the acute, mild preparation. Ordinarily his own incantations, magic, and enchantments would do just fine – but the comfort of the hellhound’s frame, with its own weight of power, might, and fortitude, merely lent and bent away from the massive, overwhelming fixtures meant to burrow along his spine. Aisha seemed content to remain, sitting, without wings, but not the same mettle and grit she’d be remembered for. Digging into the dirt, paws gliding over dampened soil from recent rain, his gaze didn’t affix towards her, focus and attention meant to canal and furrow into the earth. The uncertainty radiating off of her swarmed along the Attuned bond, with his confusion to follow. How so? To the best of his knowledge, Torchline had presented a unique opportunity to behold a world majestic enough to forgo, forget, the problems here; no monsters, no mayhem, just the sea under the cover of darkness.

He’d stayed and suffered, melded and molded measures of primordial iniquity and foolishnesss. Her final words gave him pause, a clench to his jaw in familiar boundaries, before lowering his head, grabbing hold of a rock in his maw and bringing it back amongst the reeds, surveying without answering quite yet. Yes. Lucky, fortunate, smart enough to know better, to stay away from the confines of the Temple, from the haunting ventures of demons and fiends. I am glad many left. More survivors, more secured, more safe from the entanglements of hell.

image credits
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Deimos of course didn't stop to talk, she shouldn't have expected that. It was a welcome turn of events, as she was always eager to be on the move, to join in with the motions. At first she stayed seated, golden eyes watching him prowl in his dark form, briefly groomin her fur dappled fur. Of course he asked for further explanation to her response, and with a stretch she stood to follow him and answer.

"It was the first time since coming here that I had absolutely nothing to do but wait. It felt wrong, I felt wrong. It was stupid but it was what it was," could she shrug she would. She wasn't proud of the way she'd acted during Torchline, mopey, ungrateful, childish. Anxiety for those she'd left behind and lack of purpose had brought her to a stop, and clouded her thoughts. Needless to say, she was happy it was over for many reasons.

The cat noticed he was gathering things, and though she was unsure of their purpose she went ahead and joined in. He'd let her know if she was doing it wrong, and she wasn't one so meek as to ask to do something. A stone gathered between her teeth, she followed the hellhound back to his stash as he continued on. "I wish we could've brought everyone, I hate that we couldn't make them come," she added, running her tongue across her sharp canines.

"What are your plans moving forward, general," she asked after another moment, a hint of playfulness in her tone. Despite the circumstances she still tried for normalcy, and she had a feeling the sword needed that now.
when she want something
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

Nothing to do but wait; for some, a luxury, moments spent in the arches and arcs of repose, naught but their own thoughts in the midst. But for individuals like them, warriors, people of action, it could only inspire a certain amount of restlessness, the need for movement, the craving for vehemence, and Deimos could understand that notion perfectly. How many times had he spent the hours away, cramped and cooped up in LongNight debacles and shelters, wanting to do something besides will the hours away? And when he finally had, when he thought he’d ultimately found a way to ensure safety and security…

Jaw clenched for the thousandth time, he dug into the earth, stifled, suffocated, smothered the sentiments down, down, down into his gut. He had no answer for her though, incapable of dulling his own pain, much less anyone else’s for the instant. He grabbed hold of another rock, dropping it along the stone with the reeds, and then intending to snag at light colored flowers growing around the perimeter of the glade. I thought we could gather things for flower crowns at Fiat Lux by way of explanation, even though he had no intention of joining the festivities this year. The last one had been traumatic enough, the casualties overshadowing the elation and joy; made now to sculpt and carve their own contentment out of the tragedies. However, at her notion of everyone leaving, and knowing exactly how stubborn, how ridiculous some portions of their group were, he could only wrestle with the ruminations for so long. We stayed of our own volition. He’d been General, orchestrator of the door, meant to protect when all he’d done was butcher. Ronin had been beheld by Safrin. Amalia had helped him, strived to aid him through the terror and torture. There’d been reason upon reason for staying, but even in his head, they didn’t sound like enough. He’d still take the blame, place it, whittle it into his shoulders, bind it into his spine.

Though the Sword heard the playfulness, the candor of mischief, the beast couldn’t quite summon it within his own frame. Instead, his piercing gaze slanted right towards the leopard, full attention and dominion upon her. Depends on yours. A pause, an arch to his brow, a tilt of the canine skull. Evie asked me to be General again, but I need someone to tell me when my ideas are foolish. Idiotic, dangerous, yearning to defend but forgoing natural consequences until they were too late. Would you be interested in being the second in command of the militia?

image credits
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Flower crowns, somehow not at all what she'd expected to hear. The leopardess glanced down at the pile of items, the reeds and stones and other resources that would last and be useful. Flower crowns, the flowers would have to come last, but the framework could be made now. With that goal in mind she set about looking for sturdier reeds, malleable just enough to form and create with.

Aisha knew why Deimos had stayed, the same reason she would've if she had felt prepared and strong enough. He was a protector, a guardian and warrior at heart. Gazing over him now she wondered how he'd fared during the week personally, how many monsters had he faced. She gave a solemn nod to his response, though she hoped some day there would be no need for such choices.

The swords full attention alone was enough to stop her in her task, she turned and offered her own regard. The second in command of the militia, an offer she couldn't refuse, one she hadn't expected in the slightest but made her breath catch and heart jump a bit faster. Outwardly, Aisha didn't gasp or thank and fuss, but instead she peered closer, "Why me?" she asked, "I will of course, but how do you know I'll be good for it?"
when she want something
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

Steady, stalwart reeds, formidable things, vows and assurances made in a different time and place. Flower crowns for mischief and merriment, for games and tactics, for individuals coming together instead of falling apart. Were she to ask he might’ve answered, given descriptions of moments not measured in grief, agony, trauma, and devastation – but he collected the potential, scouring away at the long grass, plucking, picking, and choosing for an event he had no intention of participating in this year. Have you heard of Fiat Lux? Of what the festival was meant to represent (and ultimately hadn’t, last year, not at the very end). Maybe she’d gathered sagacity and knowledge of it from elsewhere, another individual with experience from winsome movements, liberated designations, and not the doom and gloom of prior intervals.

He managed to snort at her reaction, but pleased just the same – eager, fervent, exactly what he’d expected from her. His head remained tilted, grass still tucked amidst his maw and poking out from the sides of his mouth (a bit less formidable, perhaps), listening as she struggled to justify wanting the position, without being she had the qualifications. Why not? Do you not trust my judgement? He rumbled and slung back her way, a little tease, a little taunting in the goading provocations. Deimos wouldn’t have asked her if he thought she couldn’t handle it – strong and formidable, practical and willing, longing to learn more, to become better, to adapt, to improvise, and to pursue more strengths. I believe you are capable.

image credits
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
She'd heard of Fiat Lux, knew it was a festival and figured she'd attend, but she knew little more about the subject. Aisha tilted her head, "I've heard of it," she drawled in response, moving more sturdy reeds to their pile.

It was confirmation enough that he replied with such sureity, that he'd thought on this decision. "I suppose that depends on what made you come to this conclusion," she prodded, enforcing that 'cause I said so' wasn't the reason she was looking for. A tease for a tease, a taunt for a taunt. She trusted him of course, and it was an honor that he'd trust her in return.

I believe you are capable, to that Aisha replied, "So do I," with a cat's grin, forgetting for a moment that sadness and frustration had been her ruling house for the past few weeks. "Really though Deimos, thank you for trusting me with this," she added for a moment of seriousness. She couldn't have asked for a better outcome of this evening's flight.
when she want something
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

She’d heard of it, but then seemingly nothing more extended – no inquiries, no questions, no thoughts, and the ruminations of warnings, of memories, of explanations died on his tongue. Perhaps she’d already been given adequate enough information, had been told the customs, and already knew what to expect (he wished they had; on the second time around, understood the true weight of folly and preparation). So Deimos permitted the subject to drop, falling silent as he collected another foundation of grasses, reeds, and cattails, figuring each plant would be formidable enough to be woven, the flowers twisted through.

With the further taunting, something familiar, something comfortable, the brooding removed for an instant as she seemed to be striving for more compliments, he snorted. A very low rumble of laughter, as if dulled from lack of use, or stifled through his throat, ensuing along the bond. Teasing, goading, provocations, back to boyish mischief and conclusions, a preference to the brooding enamel in his bones, sinuously choosing to unwind in those parameters for the moment. If you do not believe yourself competent, I can find another. An arched brow for the challenge in the interim, fed upon devilish contortions and recoil, before laying the token objects down upon the stone, studying the materials. Flowers now. They’d snagged enough of the others for a start to wielding.

But then the satisfaction of her acceptance, a rare moment of seriousness, descended, and the Sword nodded; mustered the best smile a hound could implement. He did trust her, otherwise the offer wouldn’t have been there – because Aisha had been competent from the very beginning, willing to grow, eager to put in the time, the effort, and that made all the difference from others who came, who sought out training and skills, but never readily applied themselves. You deserve it he extended, then proceeded to rampage back through bulrushes, nodding towards Zuriel as he passed by her grazing spot. If you want, you can take over the training for the season. A pause as he selected some ivory florets, grabbing hold of the stem and roots, dragging it out of the earth by his teeth. Amalia and I will be in Torchline for our honeymoon. And a much needed break, mentally and physically, trying to find a way to pierce through the latest trauma and march on.

image credits
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Deimos had no further instruction or information to give on the subject of Fiat Lux, and that was fine with her. Anything she'd yet to absorb would come in time, and wasn't necessary for the current task. Just gather with care, the reeds and vegetation, whatever else her confidant required.

Her goading brought a return from the hellhound, a chiding remark that only served to bring a hum to her throat. "I like to think I've never not been competant a day in my life," she replied, rare were the moments that she'd put on a humble front, even now was no exception. Sarcasm of course was laced in her reply, and she scoured his face for that recognition, that reaction she sought. What she recieved was a new direction, flowers now, and so she moved on with amusement still mingling through their bond.

In the moment of seriousness, her acceptance of his offer unmasked by her games and toils, she felt the validation that she'd been looking for since arriving here. You deserve it, the simple words somehow eased the burden that she'd carried since Longnight, that she'd done enough. Deimos wasn't one to slow down for touching moments, and that was fine with her too. She continued scavenging the rushes as he spoke, though the saturated sweetness that filled her heart was surely on display.

"I would love to, I'm sure they've been dying for some variety," she replied, adding some pastel pink flowers to the pile, "You take your break," she confirmed.
when she want something
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Deimos the Reaper

At the very least, the banter between them comprised a sense of normalcy, essences of before vanquishing and despair, yearning ways to instill protection, and the misguided detriment to them all. She’d earned another arched brow for her remark, a slight chuckle echoing, bounding, from his chest, and then movement and motion, diving down behind a pair of reeds to snag at a cluster of purple flowers. If only we could all claim the same. He took the humor for what it was worth; because there would always be days where they were marked as fools, as idiots, as cretins, as ignorant – he’d simply had more than his fair share lately. The monolithic hound grabbed the florets, depositing them beside its companions, before hastening off to another set, uncertain how many would truly be needed and required.

Dying for variety made him raise his head, think back to all the measures he’d offered and instilled within the Grounds. As of late, it’d been weapons, magic, Attuned accords, and then a hastening of all of them strung together, on games and upheavals, of conquering one another without devastation and ruin. Emphasize working together. He wanted that carried through, somehow, someway, because it had a resounding theme throughout these worlds, and hardly any of them seemed to remember, recall, those motions when the terror, trauma, and devastation arrived.

Then he permitted the pulse of gratitude to traverse through, etched along as his maw settled over more ivory petals, hastening the entire root system along with it. Thank you. For he was obliged, that she’d been eager to take on the role, and that he’d have an opportunity to do something other than sink into the mire of his own making.

image credits