Plot Advancing PQ can't go over it, can't go under it, gotta go through it
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I've embraced the torch passed to me
owned what I've been called to be
Grief weighs them down, or so she imagines; the collective loss amongst the three of them varying in degree and sharpness, but no less real for each woman. It had stalled her - the necessary burials, the grieving, the leaving time to collect one’s self again. They cannot afford to be stupid amd Wessex would rather wait than make emotional mistakes. Eventually she could no longer put it off and sent notes to both, asking them to meet her at the Halo portal so she could lead them to the hidden cave at the back of the Sea of Glass. The notes detail that they’re going beyond Halo, to someplace hot and maybe with lava or fire, so they should dress appropriately.

Time moves forward - so must they -  and yet the Wraith wondered what kind of future it will be, if it was even wise to leave the rest of her family for an indeterminate amount of time. The truth is that she’s already put it off for too long. Some snide remark from a spirit doesn’t bother her but doubting her abilities does.

Beyond the essentials and her usuals, there isn’t much to bring with her other than the Shadow Cloak (that is technically the MHG’s, but shhhh), rope, a resin-soaked torch, her bow and arrow, and the knowledge in her head about the Climb. Fire and lava, rock and mountain darkness. When they both arrive, she begins to lead them across the Sea of Glass, ready to answer any questions they have (with what little she knows). Loki is in Torchline. Though the little dragon is loathe to let her leave again, the Wraith emphasizes that this is not the place for the young companion, not when she ventures into the unknown.

On the way there, she pauses for a moment and gestures to Ru. “I can use your magic when you’re near me, but in case we’re apart, would you mind filling this with your lightning? Just in case.”

-----------------

This is a PQ+ to discover the mountains beyond Halo and rescue Eirachi’s kin.

There are three additional spots and they’ve been filled in a very diverse way.
1. Hotaru
2. Kiada
3. Loren

Wessex brings the following:

Type: Grey
Magical Crystal (1) | When (abandoned) magic is cast at this device, it can store the power and reuse it as controlled by the wielder. (Made by Remi)

Manufactured Adrenaline | a syringe containing a daily dose of adrenaline. Can be used once per thread. Raises all stats by 1 for one post and increases an ascendeds other senses for the duration of the thread.    

Monster Repellant | Will make the air hostile to the senses of any predatory monster-like creatures. Sufficient strength and mental fortification can overcome the effects of the spray. Works in a 30ft radius.    

Restraint-cuffs | A magical pair of handcuffs that can restrain any creature with a STR of 30 or below. (Made by Remi)
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren had been on his way to the portal. Astra plodded by his side, bleating contentedly. After a period of relative rest and relaxation (for him) he was, if not happy, at least more stable than he usual was. A sack full of supplies was slung over his shoulder, and he walked down the path with a determined stride.

However, the sight of movement in the distance caused him to squint. Shading his eyes against the sun and its reflection against the snow, he frowned when three familiar figures resolved themselves in the distance. Curiosity got the better of him, and, hesitating for just a moment, he broke from the trail and headed across the Tundra.

It took him a while to catch up, and by the time he did, they were on the Sea of Glass. Astra excitedly trotted up to Kiada, giving Hotaru and Wessex a wide berth. "What brings you three out here?" Although his tone was friendly and polite, his eyes were sharp as he met the Wraith's gaze.

In addition to medicines and food in a bag, Loren brings the following:

Spectacular Spectacles {upgraded} | These glasses, which have a small chain attached that allows Loren to wear them around his neck when not in use and makes it more difficult for them to be removed, allow Loren to see through projected visual illusions. The enchantment works for anyone who wears the glasses. In addition, the glasses are made of materials that have been magically reinforced so that they cannot be broken or destroyed easily, not even with the use of other magic.

Type: Light
Unicorn Horn: Imbued with minor healing abilities (upgraded level)

Type: Dark
Feather Pouch | A pouch that renders the Spark Bird's feather safe while it is inside. (Made by Remi)

Feather of the Spark Bird | Provides a constant source of light, and can be used to start fires from even the most inflammable of objects and even in terrible conditions (rain, wind, etc).

Magical Amulet | When (abandoned) magic is cast at this device, it can store the power and reuse it as controlled by the wielder. (Made by Remi)

Type: Light
Snake-Guardian Scale: A palm-sized opalescent scale from one of Rae's portal guardians. When used, it will take the holder from their current position into the portalling dimension regardless of where they are. Once it has been used, it will disappear.

Mind Cap | Blocks basic mental-magic. For upgraded, blocks them if Loren's END is +5 higher than the END of the caster, and +10 for mastered magic.

Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Sharp (and suspicious?) or not, Wessex returns with an innocent expression, as if her trudging all the way out here was perfectly normal (it might have been for the Fangs, actually). Turning around, eyes the no-longer-a-Launceleyn and his companion, walking backwards with significantly smaller steps. “Hello to you too, Loren. Good LongNight, I hope?” she quips, going through the pleasantries he’d skipped over. After all, this expedition is nothing to be alarmed about.

“We’re going to see what’s beyond Halo. Maybe rescue another seasonal spirit, at the Eirachi’s request. Want to come?” Raising her brows as if to both tease and tempt, the Wraith dangles the first hints of knowledge and the Eirachi’s favor in front of him. What she does not do is stop walking. He can join them or not, but she has a hunch he will, because it does, in a way, concern the borders of Halo. Even if he doesn’t like Wessex and doesn’t trust her, he can at least curry favor with that bitch of a Warden - at the very least.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i am afraid that if i open myself
i will not stop pouring
She knows everyone here, knows of the dangers that await outside of Halo, but the Harpy still sticks close to her aunt. Wearing the armor that Deimos had made her, it shifts with her forms with surprising ease, though she takes a bag of items with her as well. The bladed parasol that Bastien had given her from her mother, the shadow cloak that Wessex had kept at the Monster Hunter’s Guild, and a small bow that rests across her shoulders — one of the same she’d used during LongNight two years ago.

And she’s already bidded Chulane goodbye, kisses and hugs and a promise that she’d do her best to stay safe, before she finds herself back in the brisk cold of Halo’s outer edge.

Her gaze flickers to Loren as Wessex moves to speak with him, a nod and soft smile given to the summoner, before she’s focusing ahead again, waiting for Wessex to tell them where to start.

Kiada brings a bow and arrows, a pack of food and bandages, as well as the following:

Shifting Armor: Bronze breastplate armor that shifts and shrinks with an attuned's animal forms. (Made by Deimos)

Shadow-Cloth | A cloak that renders the wearer invisible when in shadow. (Made by Remi)

Bladed Parasol | A beautiful parasol of black lace, detailed in patterns of leaves and vines. A thin bladed sword is concealed within the handle.
why do i fear becoming a river?
what mountain gave me such shame?
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9427
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
It had been a struggle to convince Nate and Sunjata to allow her on this mission. Allow, as if she would ever ask permission, but she had understood their fears and listened to them in turn. In the end she is here, and that is all she can do now; focus on what's ahead. She is already by Wessex's side when everyone else comes streaming in; her niece and Loren, who she can't quite categorize when it comes to what they are to one another. Though she is admittedly a little confused, and perhaps a tad hurt, by Astra's large berth. Wessex is not any more definable than the medic, but now isn't the time to consider all that. She greets all of them with an uncommonly warm smile, glad to be marching into potential danger with this particular group of extraordinary people. Except perhaps Kiada - she still views the girl as the small, sassy youth that had stuck like glue to the sides of Hotaru's own twins.

Wessex's request is easily accepted, her hand moving and summoning lightning easily to imbue the orb with. But she can't help a cheeky smirk as she does so. "A pity, no more fangs to obtain magic?" Mostly rhetorical, because she can see the advantages of being nearby enough to replicate magic without stopping for an orgasm or two in the middle of battle, but Hotaru can be disappointed all the same. As Nate and Jata had said; we don't care who you're with or what you do, so long as you come home to us. Well, the most important part today is the coming home part. Quests in Caido never seem to go how they plan them to.

She leaves Wessex to move to Kiada, an arm slipping around her niece easily to tug her close into a side hug while they await instructions.

Hotaru brings metal-tipped arrows and a bow, and the following items:

Ornate Dagger | From Sunjata

Ornate Leather Bracers (Upgraded) | The wearer can, at will, redirect both magical and physical attacks. For magical attacks, can redirect them within 10ft. Physical attacks must be within melee range to be directed, and can then be redirected within 10ft.
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Returning Hotaru and Kiada's greetings, Loren returned his attention to Wessex. "As good as LongNight can be. How was yours?" He matched the Wraith's tone as best he could.

Astra, having greeted Kiada, returned to his side. She stared at the demi-goddess as she explained the party's presence. For his part, the healer's eyebrows crept higher and higher up his forehead as Wessex spoke. When she finished, he pressed his lips together.

Finally, he nodded once, carefully. "Don't mind if I do." His tone was as neutral as he could make it under the circumstances. However, as soon as the Wraith had brought up the Eirachi, Loren's expression had grown dark and veiled. Still, he fell in at the back of the group without further question or complaint.
Families are like that—

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
What a wonderful time for chit-chat - not. They arrive, the Eirachi’s instructions ringing in the mind of the Wraith, and sure enough up ahead they will see it. A cave - an opening where there was none before, split like a cracked tooth in the side of the ice and stone. It leads in - and down. The going will be treacherous, the journey unknown. And all for the sake of a suffering spirit, a god left wanting in fire and blood.

Better hop to it, then!

Welcome to the PQ+! Please be aware that your character may be injured (or in unlucky circumstances, worse!) in this quest. If you wish to leave, now is the time to do so.

The group will be able to see the cave opening. It is dark inside, and drops down in a sharp decline. Your randomly determined post order is:

1. Kiada
2. Wessex
3. Loren
4. Hotaru

You have 48 hours after the person before you to respond, otherwise your turn for the round will be skipped.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
i will not stop pouring
There, she can see the crack in the ice and snow, and she swallows down any previous anxieties that swirled within her. She focuses on the task at hand, all greetings and pleasantries accomplished and done, and Kiada begins to head toward the entrance. It’s dark, and she partially shifts her eyes to that of her feline shift, aiming to try and see in the dark a bit better.

A quick glance back is all that’s given to ensure that they want to head this way, as she clutches her items close and fixes the armor along her chest. And then she begins to descend, trying to stick close to the group but still trying to ensure they’re made aware of the dangers beforehand.

Kiada heads in!
KIADA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
“Aren’t you off limits now?” The Wraith murmurs to Hotaru in return, entirely in the dark about the trio’s arrangement and even if she wasn’t - does she want to play with her own emotions like that? Probably not. It’s far easier to put the pretty little blonde at arm’s length again, much like she does with everyone else. Or like, three arms’ length, when it comes to Loren. At least the Healer agrees to go with them, and Wessex is slightly more relieved. He may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but he is useful and they are walking into the unknown. “Great,’ she says by way of acceptance and the band continues on their way till they come to that cave - no more than a glorified crack in the wall.

Also on high alert as the group descends, Wessex taps Kiada on the shoulder and gestures with an offer to take the lead - what with Ascended sight being the one who brought them all here. It wouldn’t be right for Kiada to go and get herself killed just by being in front.

---------------

Wessex goes in and offers to take the lead.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Frowning slightly as they stumbled upon the hole in the ground, Loren did his best to see into the dark. Beside him, Astra bleated plaintively, and he glanced at her. As Kiada and Wessex began to head into the cave, he hesitated for just a moment. Then he gestured for Hotaru to head in. "I'll take the rear."

While he waited, he bent down to scoop his companion up. She wriggled for a moment before settling contentedly in his arms. Assuming Hotaru did indeed head into the cave, he would follow on her footsteps. While he waited, he tried to compel any animals he could reach inside the cavern to tell him what was ahead.

Loren tells Hotaru to go in front of him, and assuming she does, he will follow her in. He picks up Astra and compels any animals he can find in the cave to give him information about what lies ahead.
Families are like that—
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9427
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
"That's not quite the way we work, but if that's how you'd like to think of me I understand." It's a bit surprising to her that news has traveled so quickly, but Hotaru does feel a moment of regret, of lost chances. If she'd known there'd been more interest, maybe things would have been different. But considering her own stronger tendencies towards monogamy even compared to Nate and Sunjata, she would never hold it against Wessex if the demigoddess held her at arm's length.

But there's more pressing issues now, and at Loren's gesture she nods, tucking her hair into a quick bun before she descends into the darkness behind the other two women. She'd left Atlas in Torchline much like Wessex had for Loki, too concerned for his young age, but she misses him all the same. Lifting her hand she seeks to hook a finger somewhere in cloth before her to steer them together. She will reserve her magic as a source of light, unaware of what may come and unwilling to hurt the sensitive eyes of those around her who may be using their Attuned or Ascended abilities.

Hotaru goes ahead of Loren, hooking a finger in the clothes of the person ahead of her (Kiada, if she lets Wessex lead) and preserving her magic for now to let them lead in the dark.
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
They walk inside this crack in the world, travelling through its hollow veins into the deep, deep dark. The going is not easy, the pathway treacherous, and it... regrettably leads to a shortcut. It is Hotaru who stumbles, her feet catching on the uneven ground, and who ever it is she has grabbed onto will trip and fall along with her. That person in turn will crash into the leader, so really, it doesn’t much matter who goes first.

They all tumble away to the bottom of the tunnel (except Loren), where the ground evens out at last. The air here is close, hot... and it is pitch black.

Those who can see in the dark will notice that the way ahead branches into three. One pathway, the left, continues down, the middle goes straight ahead, and the rightmost curves upwards.

Where will you go?

Post order:

1. Kiada 95/100
2. Wessex 254/259
3. Loren 250/250
4. Hotaru 75/80

You have 48 hours after the person before you to respond, otherwise your turn for the round will be skipped.
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
i will not stop pouring
As Wessex taps her shoulder, she turns to look toward her Guildmate and the leader of this little adventure – a small nod granted as she pauses and steps aside to let Wessex take the lead. Hotaru is soon there, and Kiada lingers by her aunt, keeping her eyes partially shifted to see better as Loren compels some creatures through the dark caves ahead of them.

She feels Hotaru’s slight hook into her clothes, and Kiada focuses on ensuring her aunt remains safe – unable to fathom losing her as well as her mother so soon after one another – and continues the trek. That is, of course, until the dominoes effect happens, a trip here and suddenly Kiada’s slipping and tumbling to the bottom of the tunnel with a small huff of sound, metal clanging from her armor, until she’s sitting on the floor and rubbing at her arm – glancing around the room.

Everyone okay?” She asks quietly, gaze slipping to Hotaru and Wessex in turn, before she goes to push herself up. “Which way, Wessex?” She asks once everyone’s responded, head nodding toward each of the pathways.
KIADA
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Down they all go, like little dominoes, tumbling and sliding to the bottom of the tunnel - efficient, but not necessarily smart. Ah, well - it is dark. “Yep,” Wessex murmurs, standing and brushing herself off. “You?” she asks, while looking for the torch she’d brought along. It might be a little dangerous in close quarters, but it’s either that or the dark. “Shall we light a torch?” she asks the others, and if Hotaru and Loren both agree, she will, striking flint against rock to catch on the resin-soaked cloth. She passes it back, needing no such light herself.

But to the path - looking forward, she relays the information. “We can go left and down, straight, or right and up -” They’re looking for the way to the Climb, so Wessex shrugs and turns to the right fork.The Climb makes me think of someplace high -” but then they’d had to go down to get to the fork. Then there’s the lava that’s been mentioned, so both up and down make sense. Best go with her gut.

“Right,” the Wraith declares. “Unless there’s any strong objections.”

------------------

Wessex lights the torch she’s brought along if Hotaru and Loren agree to it, and thinks they should go Right.
full tilt,
hello destiny
WESSEX