into the light
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
She leaves a note for Ronin, not knowing if she expects or wants him to come but knowing that one way or another she has to see the Star.

It's an overcast morning, the air smelling dangerously of encroaching rain. Barely dawn, so the world is quiet, only the sound of the waves striking the rocks below and the Hels circling far above to sink into like a stone. Dressed in a full-sleeved cotton dress, her hair tied in a plait, Amalia sits on an outcropping of stone far above the treacherous tunnels, looking down into the waves and salt and trying not to think.

Breathe in, two, three, and there is the roar of the ocean, the spray of salt and the light of the sun filling up her breast; breathe out, two, three, and with it goes the anxiety, the fear, expelled like smoke the qilin breathes into the dawn air. She used to meditate regularly, in temples and near shrines; though forgotten for a long time she has found the habit to be one of the few things to keep her sane, grounded in a world far out of her control.
you drew memories in my mind
i could never erase
you painted colors in my heart
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
we live in a world someone else imagined
Nothing had stopped Ronin before, from responding to a note or meeting with a friend. But that was before, and as of late the Dark Star’s own mind had been a traitorous thing, persuading him that he was alright only to turn around and bite him unexpectedly. Regardless, he had forced himself outside to go and meet with Amalia, owing her more than he could reasonably put into words.

So he didn’t bother with words as he approached, taking a silent seat beside her on the outcropping of stone. Reaching out to wrap an arm around her, he pulled the Shield against him in a tight hug, nose buried against her hair. ”I’m glad you’re here,” he mumbled.
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
She hears him coming; even in her meditation the girl is tense, nerves pulled to the point of fraying, anxiety electric in her skin. But his step is familiar, his scent unmistakable, so the Shield tenses instead of startling, eyes fluttering open when he sits down. Now that he's here she finds herself mute, unable to grasp at any words adequate to express what she feels, what she needs.

No, it's easier to simply lean against him, to let him bury himself in her hair. Slowly, slowly, Amalia relaxes, sinking into his embrace, face upturned to the sky. "You too," she whispers, swallowing, fighting back the tears, the things that threaten to break her apart.

This is what she needed, really: to feel his heartbeat and his breath, to know that he is alive. Nothing can encompass the thing they've gone through, the scars that now litter their bodies and souls. Neither of them are the same people who started LongNight together, what feels like hours and eons ago.
i could never erase
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It was enough, just for a few moments, to lean into Amalia’s touch and warmth, to close his eyes against the light and the churn of the waves below. He pressed a kiss against her hair and sat back, wiping at his eyes and taking a shuddering breath in. Ronin looked at her properly now, checking for bruises or cuts or illness, the Star only seeming satisfied after his scrutiny. ”Are you in Torchline for long?” he asked, his voice half lost over the edge of the outcrop.

Turning to glance out there, Ronin enjoyed the endlessness of it for a bit, the wind tousling his hair and caressing his cheeks. ”It’s monsoon season, or so I have been told. We’ll want to be up somewhere high like this when it comes, if that’s true.” Classic Ronin; deflecting away from the trauma, as usual.
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Ronin will find little by way of obvious outward injury on the Shield. A constellation of shrapnel scars long her hairline on the right; more on her chest, her shoulder, her stomach, carefully hidden from view. No, the exterior of the Shield is largely healed thanks to the efforts of her family, her loved ones.

Scratch away that smooth veneer and Amalia is a gaping wound.

She reaches for him as he pulls away, terrified that if she lets him go he will disappear forever. Fingers reach for fingers, not holding but brushing, touching, a ghost of contact to confirm his warm existence at her side. "Until the middle of Flowerbirth." Her alto is carried on a salty breeze, drifting into reality and far away. She does not look at Ronin as they stare into the sea, wind snatching tendrils of golden hair out of the Shield's long braid.

He skirts around the darkness and she follows in his wake, perfectly content to deflect along with him for the time being. "We're staying in town. Couldn't the encantados help to keep the storms at bay?"
i could never erase
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
He accepted her touch willingly, just as needy for it as she was, and he rested his other hand over the back of her palm so it was clasped between them. ”That’s quite a break,” he remarked with a gentle nod, letting his eyes close so his other senses could do the work. Never before had Ronin needed to worry about what he might see, or what might be real. But Longnight had changed that, sneaking insidiously into his head and setting up camp there.

”Oh, I imagine they could. But they’d need corralling, persuading, that sort of thing. Lot of encantados might be needed to get rid of a storm like this,” he said through a sigh. And I don’t think anyone wants to get into that water and try to find out.” Choppy wasn’t the least of it.

With a small smile, Ronin finally opened his eyes again. ”You could have come to the house,” he said gently. ”I wouldn’t have minded.”
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"I could try." Reaching up with a slender arm now covered in smooth pink skin, Amalia runs her finger along invisible currents of the air. It doesn't matter much that the water is choppy, or that the realiatic likelihood of accomplishing this goal is slim to absolute none. They have always survived by looking to the future, or at least she is-- running away from each mistake and toward the promise of this time being a success.

Her hand drops down again, and it is her time to close her eyes, exhaling through her nose. "I didn't know if you would want to see me," she admits softly. "Either of you. If it would be like..." Like last time. Like after Aoife died. If she would be met with warmth or vitriol, especially from the Alchemist. "I thought you might want space."
i could never erase
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
He watched as she raised her arm, tilting his head curiously at a partial shift that he had never seen before. He can guess at what it might be based on their conversation, and though he couldn’t see the air currents that she manipulated, Ronin believed that if anyone could accomplish such a thing, it would be Amalia. ”You could try,” he agreed. ”But you are on a break.” The reminder was given with a gentle wink and a squeeze of her hand.

The Star understood her trepidation, nodding gently in his understanding. ”It was... rough, at first,” he admitted. ”Still is sometimes, even now. But you are welcome at the house. You should come and see us - both of us.” Ronin’s smile faltered a little. ”It would be good for Remi to talk to you, I think.”
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"I'm beginning to think we don't get breaks." We, of course, being the hero-types Remi accused her of being, the ones who run barefoot into danger like a moth drawn to a flame. We being him, more heroic than the rest for all his rough edges, his scars and hurt. When has the universe ever afforded them the opportunity to take a break?

And perhaps far more to the point, when have they accepted?

Looking out across the water, Amalia can't help her slight snort. "Remi doesn't seem to want to talk to anybody," she remarks, thinking of his anger with her for carrying Ronin off- and hers with him, for showing up at all. "I don't know what good I can do for him. These days it feels like I mainly make things worse."
i could never erase
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”I’ve been somewhat forced into having one,” Ronin said with a wry sort of smile. Coming home more than half crazed did that to a person, and whilst he wasn’t under house arrest exactly, he wasn’t straying far from home either. Still, he was proof that it could happen, even if it had to be done under duress. Giving Amalia’s hand a gentle squeeze, Ronin sighed and gazed back out to sea.

”Remi needs a lot of patience,” he said softly, the warmth in his voice belying the surge of love he felt about the Alchemist, however rough around the edges he might be to the rest of the world. ”And a long temper. And then more patience again.” Ronin nudged his shoulder gently against Amalia’s. ”Just let him know you’re okay. That’s a good place to start.”
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"Patience and a long temper." It's charming to see the wealth of adoration Ronin clearly has for his husband, but Amalia can't help snorting as she shakes her head. "I don't think I could count either of those among my qualities." Impatient, quick to anger, impassioned, holier-than-thou... Amalia has been called many things that contradict the very notion of calm composure, many of them deserved.

But for the Star who dragged her out of the Spire? For the Alchemist who made her wedding ring, enchanted her Shield? "I'll try."

Letting go of Ronin's hand Amalia shifts her weight, tucking her legs beneath her and leaning slightly so her shoulder presses his. "Are you okay?" the girl asks softly, turning toward the Star with worry softening her face. "Really? You... you don't have to lie. Not for me."
i could never erase
i could never replace
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Then I guess you’ll just have to visit when I’m there. I’ll play referee for you both,” Ronin murmurs with a smile, content with her resting against him. They prop each other up, Amalia and Ronin, when the world gets too heavy to hold between them. Trying is all anyone can ever ask, and he nods his acceptance, closing his eyes to feel the cool breeze from the sea, promising more rain.

Then the question comes, the one he always expects, and a sad smile curls at the corners of his lips as he glances down at the Shield. ”I’m better than I was,” he tells her through a sigh. ”I still don’t sleep much, or all that well,” he admits. ”I almost attacked Sunjata, when he knocked at the door. And sometimes I find myself... outside. Just looking at the stars. It’s like I’ve been sleepwalking.”
the dark star
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Listening as he speaks through the breeze, Amalia can only hope the pulse of her empathy through the Attuned bond is some solace, some balm. Though she does snort a bit of laughter when he mentions attacking Sunjata, rolling her eyes up to the sky and shaking her golden head. "I'm sure he deserved it," she casts judgment easily, never one to hold a charitable opinion of the man.

Still, better is better than nothing. She supposes it was a foolish question: they are both far from okay. Leaning her head onto his shoulder, Amalia lets out a sigh. "It's going to rain soon," she remarks softly, making no move to leave. "We should probably get to shelter."

Still the Shield doesn't move, nor will she. Not until he does, or until the rain has drenched her to the bone- whatever comes first. For now she is content to soak up the realness of this moment, the respite from the dark. The world is a little bit easier for her to carry when it's shared across their shoulders. She can only hope he feels the same.

{fin}
i could never erase
i could never replace