cups of sugar
for Safrin
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
It had been a while since Oliver had last prayed to Safrin. The last time he had questions and worries- ones that now seemed so small and inconsequential. Really, he was lucky that Safrin even gave him that much time for something so unnecessary.

Now, he had a true reason for coming here. LongNight gave him plenty of time to think and by this point, he knew exactly what he wanted.

With him were two items, a jar of honey and a small hand crafted pendant. The honey was nice and simple and he hoped that she would appreciate the sweet taste of it. Next was the jewelry. It was rather simple in nature, but he spent much time and dedication to get it perfect. A star handcrafted within his blacksmith shop. The metal was shiny and well polished.

Knelt down with the items in front of him, Oliver called out. "Safrin, if I may have your time I have a request to ask of you." And all he could do now was wait.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
safrin
'Hello dear-heart.' Appearing in a starshower of gold and lilac hues, the goddess looked upon both Oliver and the offerings he had brought for her. "Now, now. You know that isn't necessary." She scolded playfully, acting very much as though she didn't absolutely covet the gifts he had brought for her.

Folding one leg over the other as she sat on a marble pedestal, the goddess inclined her head softly to the side. "A request? By all means." Though she could easily read his mind, she liked to hear the words he would choose to elaborate upon what it was he was here to ask of her...especially since it was so uncharacteristic.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
A small part of Oliver was afraid that Safrin wouldn't appear- maybe she was too busy or maybe she was angry with him? Thankfully, that didn't seem to be the case and in a very fitting entrance, Safrin appeared right before him. A smile formed on his lips just at the sight of the gorgeous starshower. Of course she had to have the most beautiful way of appearing, she absolutely deserved it.

The faintest hues of a blush danced on his cheeks at her little comment and he shook his head. "You deserved it... maybe next time I'll be able to make you something even more intricate." The star was simple and Safrin was anything but that, so hopefully he'd be able to eventually make something that lived up to the image she had created.

The goddess settled down and all attention was on him. While he might've been scared seasons ago, he felt far more confident now in not only being able to speak with Safrin but also in himself. Hopefully it'd help guide him towards achieving what he desired. "I would like a weapon." There is a pause to let the statement sink in as Oliver is of course being a tad dramatic. "I can make weapons in my shop, but they are simple... I want something that has special properties to help me to better defend others and myself. I want to be able to protect and I hope that you can help me achieve that." Oliver knew that Safrin wasn't a fan of him rambling and so he tried to keep it simple while still explaining everything.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
safrin
"I will cherish whatever you bring if it is made by your hands." She coos sweetly, before falling silent to hear his request.

"To protect and defend..those are worthy goals." Safrin muses, her head softly tilted to the side such that her hair cascaded in waves around her shoulder. "Perhaps a shield then? Or a cloak? I suppose it all depends if you are looking to protect yourself in the middle of battle or whether you wish to provide safety to those around you that you might quickly leave a dangerous situation." A cloak of invisibility, a magical shield...a way of quickly moving when situations were dire. Even a way of simply teleporting out of danger. There were many ways of interpreting what it was the young blacksmith wanted to do.
Blacksmith

Change author:
The smile on his face grows and Oliver finds himself blushing, clearly very happy and proud of himself. "Thank you... in that case, I guess I will be leaving behind more handmade gifts for you. I hope you'll be able to receive them, even if we do not speak." That seemed like a weird wish, but he meant it. Oliver didn't expect them to always meet, absolutely not. Not always did he have important things to ask and Safrin had things to do: things that took up time and actually mattered more than 'hey! I made you another thing'. So all he could do was hope that some sort of magic would transport the object to her without him needing to pull her away from those tasks.

Words of almost admiration left her mouth and Oliver's eyebrows raised. She really liked his idea? Holy shit! She goes on to explain multiple ways that the wish could be interpreted and Oliver already finds the gears swiftly turning in his head. Yes, he does know what he wants. Running away is cowardly and although he's done it in the past, he'd much rather bring others with him rather than go alone. "I want to protect others, not just myself. A shield would be nice or a physical weapon like a blade." Those two sounded like something plausible, surely.

"I know I haven't done the best and I haven't protected many, but I want to be able to protect others when the time comes... there are so many people I care about and love and I want to make sure they are okay." Plenty of names came to mind, one almost yelling was Aisha. Aisha was someone he had to make sure was safe- she trusted him and he couldn't live with himself should something happen to her.

Change author:
safrin
"I always do." Safrin says with a smile. No trinket no matter how small when left in her name, was ever left to simply rot or be taken away by idle hands. All things made their way to her.

Thoughtfully, Safrin nodded. "I will leave it to you to decide which, based on your actions. If it is a shield that would suit you, then train yourself to be one. In three different training sessions against three types of opponents, act only as a shield for someone or something else. If it is a sword, then do the same but on the offensive."

If Oliver would like a shield, he needs to complete 3 training sessions against three types of opponents (abandoned using magic, attuned using a shift, ascended, etc), while keeping someone or something safe (protecting a flower the whole time, or a person, or something). If he wants a sword, he needs three offensive training sessions.
Blacksmith

Change author:
The satisfaction of hearing Safrin give him tasks was undeniable. Oliver was practically beaming with happiness, clearly a bit excited about actually receiving such a thing. Still, Oliver tried to compose himself, maintaining some maturity. This was a goddess, after all. "Thank you, Safrin. I will do my best to fulfill those tasks in a timely manner." The words weren't quite natural and he had put in much thought into conveying his meaning properly. It meant he wouldn't be rambling on and on.

Instead of standing up, Oliver would wait for Safrin to disappear. It felt rude to abandon the goddess out here. "I hope I will be able to continue to help you... and I will also continue to spread word of your greatness." Oliver already knew that Aisha had come to see her so surely he could continue his actions. "Thank you again Safrin... expect a few gifts in the coming weeks." And that would be the last thing he had to say. Of course, Safrin could leave at any moment, he wouldn't mind too much. What he came here to do had been achieved and Oliver knew what his next steps were in his journey towards becoming someone to be proud of.

Fin!