Moving Forward
for Lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die
There was plenty of grieving to be done and Bastien was indeed doing it: he'd spent several days in the dark, only moving to care for Azrael or Pittore; Rexanna's ghost had fully integrated into his life and he would speak to her in the shadows, see the glint of her eyes in the pictures left behind: she was soaked into the walls of the place. Maybe an hour a day, he was finding the energy to get up and do some easy maintenance on the building or maybe take a short walk, but little else.

Eventually though, he could practically feel Rexanna's spirit pulling faces at him. He was not, by nature, someone to wallow in sadness, and with each day that went by he found his soul crying out to express it's pain through his usual measures: art, bringing people together, discussing life and death with friends. Rexanna would not have wanted him to stop his life dead and while he was not strong enough to bring it all back in an instant, he thought he could begin gradually. Do some things he had been planning on for a while.

One of them was to discuss with Lily for use of the room that had once been enchanted by an especially magical orgy; a bizarre relic of a simpler time. While Bastien felt in a very odd place indeed to be going to ask for such a thing, he knew many Ascended and knew that it would be valuable to them; he hoped to provide more for his family and community now that his personal family had been ripped away and well...it would probably make them come over more often. A sad, but real motivation.

With Azrael at a neighbours house (it felt inappropriate to bring the child on this endeavour) he knocked on Lily's door; Bastien knew he looked a mess, tired and dishevelled without any of his usual glamour, but hopefully she would forgive it in his circumstances.
mortal kings are ruling castles
Welcome to my world of fun
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

Her life has been rather mundane lately, filled with all things domestic, which is an unusual turn for the entertainer. There are the beginnings of a garden behind her house, the apartment in Torchline is beginning to look more like her and less like Lirsi, and a half-composed piece of music lays on the piano’s music stand. She is the picture of a self-sufficient woman. A little lonely at times, but then there are solutions to that, aren’t there? It isn’t as if Frey’s perfume has gone unused.

An unexpected knock comes as she’s washing her hands, ridding her nails of the dirt underneath them. “Coming!” the redhead calls, as she shuts the water off and grabs a rag to wipe her hands dry. Hurrying to the door, Lily is still sopping up the last bits of water as she opens the door, and is visibly surprised to see Bastien there.

“Bastien.” Not unkindly, of course, for a quick smile darts across her face as she looks at the widower. “Sorry, I wasn’t expecting you, let alone anyone else. Do come in.” She opens to the door to the little house, one he once used to occupy, though it is much changed since then. “I know you don’t eat or drink, but… want anything?” It’s a nervous (though why she’s nervous is anyone’s guess) cover up, as she stands awkwardly, waiting for him to either continue on in polite small talk or say why he’s here. Either is fine. It’s the silence of sadness she finds most uncomfortable.

lily
as if you were on fire from within
the moon lives in the lining of your skin
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The surprise on Lily's face didn't go unnoticed, but Bastien understood. Most people would be shocked to see him at the moment, especially with the state he was in: for once, he didn't have enough energy to curate his appearance and was not even too embarrassed to be seen the way he was. "No need to apologise. I don't intend to keep you long."

He shook his head; while he didn't need to, he'd drunk enough wine in the last weeks to satisfy him for the next several years. "No no, thank you. I'm here actually to ask...or..well, I suppose to make a business proposition." Bastien could hear how tired he sounded in his own voice, the usually extravagant and flamboyant speech almost entirely flat. "I'm trying to put into motion some things for the Sanctuary...trying to work, you know. I was hoping we could discuss a sharing of our assets?"
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

“A business proposition?” Repeating the phrase back at him, Lily is obviously a little confused, but sits down on a nearby divan, indicating that she’s open to listening and Bastien should sit if he’s so inclined. “I’m hardly a businesswoman,” she adds, chuckling a bit and tucking a bit of hair behind her ear.

However, after he mentions shared assets, Lily considers for a moment. She does, technically, have some things of value. A house, for one. The piano, the room in the back, the second apartment in Torchline. While the entertainer had never thought of herself as having assets, she can see that she has clearly been mistaken. Raising a brow in intrigue, Lily’s head dips in slow consideration. “Go on.”

In the end the real question might be whether or not she considers Bastien a good partner to do business with, given his flakiness and capricious nature - but she will give him a chance to put his offer on the table - because that’s what friends do.

lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien could see that Lily was confused (honestly, he was a little surprised to find himself here too, all in all), so was grateful when she did decide to let him in, going to sit opposite her. "And I am not a businessman, but we do both own businesses, hm?" While there wasn't money in Caido as such, there was barter and power and property; they were both in possession of such things.

"What I have to propose is simple: I am sure your performance space, in the years, will need plenty of artistic flair. Backdrops, perhaps dresses, even assistance in effects to wow your audience." He'd had a lot of experience dancing and performing himself, had even worked on making small fireworks in Venice to add a surprise pop of colour to a piece. "I am offering to give you my skill and that of anyone that works for the guild for free, with a top priority, whenever you need anything - in return for one thing."

He was pretty sure she had to know what he was going to ask for: he had wanted the room back in his possession since he had lost it during his time 'dead'. While it could no longer be his, it would certainly be valuable to have as a loan for parties or events. "I would like access to your 'special' room, whenever I require. Not for myself -" Bastien shook his head, a sad smile on his lips. "-I doubt I will be with anyone in that way for a very long time, after Rexanna. No, for my Ascended family and friends, many of whom attend my parties...I think they would enjoy it very much. What do you think?"
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

Lily listens, trying to mask her initial thoughts (as she imagines a successful businesswoman might) at the proposition. Nodding a bit at the end, she considers the offer in silence, glancing towards her bedroom with a thoughtful expression before turning her blue eyes to Bastien in curiosity. “I have a counter proposal, but before we even begin business, it all must be done under the promise that this isn’t a way to try and get the room - my home - back.” After all, he’d deceived them by ‘dying,’ before. And she can imagine that the room, with all its magical endowments, would be very valuable to Bastien - even if Rex were no longer here to enjoy it with him. It isn't mean to be an insult, but the entertainer had learned over the years to cover her ass, even when it wasn't necessary.

Lily must admit to herself that she’s a tad skeptical of his reasoning. For the Ascended - well, she has no problems with that, and perhaps they could use a bit of fun and multiple orgasms, given all the death hovering around their group. But who, specifically, is he talking about? Amun? Surely not Wessex - the stern face of the former Queen is hardly one she can picture in orgasmic bliss. Samuel?

“Assuming we can agree on that, we can negotiate. Have to admit that I wasn’t aware a lot of Ascended attend your parties.”

lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien held up his hands, the picture of innocence, and shook his head. "Absolutely not, Lily: you are of course the owner of this home and I am not intending to steal it. I do not even know how I could." Just stay there and refuse to leave? That wasn't how he liked to do things, certainly not after his last couple of years of maturing. "I would love to hear your proposal."

Honestly, Bastien knew he wasn't operating at his best at the moment, so if she had a better offer he was all ears; he just hoped it would be a better deal for the both of them.

As for which Ascended, he smiled and looked off, wondering if he should name specific names. Perhaps, if it would help. "Truthfully, I began to think of this idea as a specific favour for my friend Nate. He's been with his lover for some time now, but of course they have not..." Bastien put his hands together, leaving Lily's imagination to do the rest. "Then when I thought about it, I thought how it is a shame that so many of the Ascended do not even know this room exists; I am sure some of those that are already here would appreciate it and any new...it might lessen the blow of losing the senses."
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

As soon as he says he has no ill intentions, Lily feels like she must interrupt and make sure he doesn’t take it poorly. “Ah, good, I’m sorry, I just -” she lifts her hands in a shrug. “Am used to covering my ass. Thank you for the reassurance”

After he’s explained more of the specifics of what he’s imagining, the entertainer begins to warm to the idea. The worship of Frey crosses races and even ideologies, or so she imagines. And they have been so good to her, the room should be used even when she isn’t here… even if she isn’t inclined to help Sunjata out, it isn’t Nate’s fault his fiancee is a dick. “Okay. Here’s my proposal. When I’m in Torchline, I’ll hang a decorative something outside to let you know it’s free. But when I’m the Ground, I need two days notice.” This is her primary residence, after all.

“They must clean up after themselves. Anyone you are willing to vouch for can use it - Ascended can use it for free, but everyone else must bring an offering for Frey.” Tilting her head to one side, she considers his offer of the Sanctuary’s artisans and decides on what she really wants. “All I need for the foreseeable future is a new lap harp.” The truth is that Balfour’s House of Revelries has never been used and she’s unsure if it will be in the near future. But her music? That is an almost daily practice.

lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"It's fine. From what you've told me of your old world, your version of Earth...well. I understand why you might be cautious." When it came to greed and corruption on Earth, Bastien knew it well, even if he had come from a different time and place.

He listened to her terms, honestly expecting more than she asked for: his parties were always well planned for, and if there was spontaneous need for the room, he'd make sure to check for the decoration first; a perfectly fine agreement. Bastien nodded along. "That is all acceptable to me: if they do not clean up, you can be sure they will catch a telling from me, and I will come personally to do the task myself." He held up a hand in honour.

A bowl of fruit would not be difficult to keep and update in the Sanctuary for offerings, and a nicely carved lapharp was certainly a possibility. "That can certainly be arranged. Is that all you'd want? It's most generous."
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

“For the foreseeable future,” she emphasizes with a chuckle before growing more serious. “I don’t know where life is going to take me, what I want to do. The tensions and deaths make me… remember the War for Independence, and I don’t see things ending well here. At least not in the Grounds.” She’s never spoken much about the war, but growing up in a port city meant it was a hotly contested area. “And there’s no one to keep me in one place, so…” Perhaps a little sadder than she’d anticipated, the redhead tries to offset it with a smile, but that, too, ends up looking a little pained.

She’d heard someone whispering that Harper and Phoebe are now together, and she can’t for the life of her understand how almost every man she’s been remotely interested in have ended up shaking up with that child. Oh well.

“Perhaps something bright that I can move in and fold up tightly, but won’t get wrinkled?” she asks suddenly, as she entertains the idea of traveling around, much like an old-timey bard. Practical, yet useful. And might make the trade seem more fair.

lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien nodded: none of them knew what was coming in Caido much of the time, but he like everyone else had felt the odd tension in the air lately, the feeling that they were building towards something: he had thought nothing could be worse than Rexanna's death and maybe for his own life there never would be anything worse, but there was something coming to hurt them all..he could not blame Lily for feeling antsy. "If you feel you must travel, follow your heart on the matter. It is better to regret an adventure than many years sat at home doing nothing."

Ironically, that was what he was quite content to do for the rest of his life now, even though it seemed like it might be eternity.

"Oh, an outfit?" He asked, smiling. "I could certainly do that...any request on colour or embellishment? I have several ongoing agreements with haberdasheries and tailors in the market."
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

At the moment there’s only so many places to go, and one of them sends literal chills into her bones. But yes, perhaps a change of pace is necessary. At the very least it couldn’t hurt, now could it? (Other than arriving during monsoon season).

But on to happier things; Lily smiles a bit wider now as Bastien seems enthusiastic about the idea of creating an outfit for her. “Something blue or green, I think. A little richer than the color of the sky, or a deep, emerald green.” They probably wouldn’t compliment each other, but… she remembers the deep amber and gold of Melita’s necklace and that sparks an idea. “Gold embellishments, definitely. Suggestive, but not explicit.” There’s value in keeping an audience because they’re both listening and imagining things. “Like I could be a water nymph or a mermaid just after the sun comes up.”

Mmmmm, yes.There's some imagery Bastien can probably put to good use. A water nymph surfacing during the golden hour. A siren, singing to the Ulysses of the world, luring them not to their deaths - but to the promise of pleasure.

lily
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
"Blue or green...I in fact have plenty of fabrics in my store already that would be good for your idea. In fact, I have this wonderfully dyed material with tones of green and blue..." Bastien trailed off, nodding enthusiastically at the idea of gold embellishments, losing himself visualising the final product: it was nice to be able to pull his mind away from grief, just for a moment, to focus on his skills. The idea of a 'water nymph' was a good one, something he could let himself get caught up in perfecting, maybe painting designs on the dress once it had been made in the market...

Forcing himself back to the conversation at hand, he nodded. "So if I make you this dress and follow the rules you have set out, we have a deal..?"
BASTIEN
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Change author:

“Absolutely.” Extending a hand to seal the deal, Lily is quite certain that this is the way to go. She can help some friends out, get a cool dress, and escape the feeling of somehow ‘betraying’ the Ground by leaving it. “We have a deal.” She waits for Bastien to shake on it and then smiles, pausing a moment before proposing one more small thing, independent of the arrangement they’d just made.

“You know, if you ever need someone to watch the baby for a bit, I’d be happy to.” It’s not like she has anything else to do, and Lily does enjoy children, even if she doesn’t want any of her own. And if the child is Ascended, then she needn’t worry about feeding it, changing it, making sure it doesn’t get sick - just avoid fire and light and entertain it and voila, easiest babysitting ever.

“No pressure.” And no need to decide right now, either. Walking the Ascended to the door, Lily offers a hug before he leaves. They’re an odd sort of team now and it seems appropriate.

-Fin
{sorry, it thought I’d closed this already!}

lily