It's a cold cold world out there
Leaders Meeting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
Morgan might have thought the climate in Halo was just fine, but Remi didn't think he was overstepping by suggesting the meeting be held somewhere more temperate. And, if it came to it, he'd happily claim responsibility for any number of reasons. His sun-kissed Torchline skin wasn't cut out for the cold anymore. That, and he had absolutely no desire to bump into any of the many Launceleyns parading about (so he assumed).

He didn't much want to be in the Hollowed Grounds either after LongNight, but Torchline, on the cusp of monsoon season, wasn't really an optimal place either.

So here he was, gazing up at the Temple with a look of unhappy weariness.

Remi had no idea who Morgan was, knew Evie by sight alone. Whoever was leading the fae (Nephele) was unknown to him too. He could only hope his raven reached them and that, despite unhappy histories, they'd join just the same. Maru had opted to say at home, having little to do with the grievances of airbreathers in this matter, though Remi said he'd pass along any important information which was discussed.
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
They won't stop our evolution.
Who do you think we are?
Truth be told, Morgan was happy to be making the journey into the grounds; it gave her a chance to walk up through the mountains and think over the last few weeks, which had certainly been an odd mix of highs and lows as the season had gone on. It did cross her mind that there was a slight possibility she could run into someone who had seen her tryst with Neron, but she tried to reassure herself it was unlikely.

If someone had, well. She didn't want to kill witnesses, but sometimes things were desperate enough.

Arriving at the temple, sure that she looked the picture of a Halo leader with the heavy cloak and snow caked on her boots, she jumped off Eunike and approached Remi, looking him up and down: not quite what she'd expected, somehow. "You are the Governor of Torchline?" Morgan asked.
Fight against your execution.
Who do you think we are?
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIe
There's a chaotic mixture of dread, appreciation, and courage that swirls like a typhoon inside her stomach as she approaches the gathered pair at the Temple doors. That they'd chosen the Hollowed Grounds for this meeting had been both a point of pride and despair for Evie, who even now feels like a young girl in her mother's gown, parading around in a mockery of leadership. This is her first test of mettle, and though she's determined to pass it more for the sake of her people than her own pride, it doesn't help the anxiety that she skillfully conceals from crawling up her throat like bile.

Wildfire hair coiled into a braided bun, she arrives a little windswept but still on time. Remi is at least a face that she knows visually, and the beautiful dark skinned woman at his side is familiar from her time in Halo. They had been in magic training together after all, and she's glad that Morgan's name has not escaped her yet. Good, at least she has some sort of leverage here. "Morgan, Remi, welcome. I hope the travel here was easy enough?" They both seem in one piece, which is all some people can ask for these days. Comfortable enough with the Temple, she gives a smile and opens the doors, a hand gesturing them in and out of the brisk spring air. "It's good to meet you both in an official capacity. I'm Evie Wordsworth." It feels like she's reading straight out of her mother's etiquette lessons, but at least she manages to refrain from spitting out titles as the older woman would have wanted. They know what they're here for, there's no point in making it more pretentious in Evie's opinion.
Don't read the last page
But I stay
when it's hard or it’s wrong or you’re making mistakes
table by sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Change author:
Nephele
My ruptured lungs, they were left this way
For once I'm out of breath
When the letter came, it had made sense for Nephele to be the one to depart. Alina had already been comfortable with the idea of Nephele handling the conversations and meetings with the flightless folk, and with so much still to be done on both sides of the border it made sense for Alina to remain in the Greatwood and Nephele to take up the mantle of the governments assembling together in the Grounds.

She arrives last, not that it bothers her to be fashionably late, descending from the sky on a soft hum of wingbeats until the soft leathers of her shoes tap down upon the dusted earth of the Grounds. Hazel eyes peruse the trio before, head moving in a slight avian tilt as she regards them. None are distinctly familiar to her, not that it intimidates her, and she nods her head in greeting. "Nephele of the Greatwood." Best to leave a bit of vagueness to the title. If pressed, she's content to weave her words as all Fae do. What matters is keeping the Greatwood safe, even if it means frustrating these potential new allies with her lack of direct answers. "I understand we have two core issues to discuss? We had Ascended parts in the Greatwood as well - fangs." She is far too proficient an actress for any sort of revelation to be made there, but privately she knows the fangs had been kept in her own rooms after the dissection of the creature's form. Perhaps she'll put them on a necklace when she returns?
The truth I seek never felt so bleak
but i maintain my depth
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Remi had a vivid imagination, and yet he wouldn't have dreamed up Morgan in a thousand years. It made him like her instantly, even though he knew almost nothing about her. "That I am." He replies with a nod and a half bow; a hand over his heart and his body pitching forward at the waist ever so slightly.

Turning to see Evie arrive, Remi wonders what sort of encounter this will be. When last he saw the fire-haired woman it had been in a bar that no longer existed, with Sam using the Alchemist as some sort of token to prove to his sister that he was suddenly worthy of affection. It had been uncomfortable, but it had also been nearly two years prior, and Remi hoped very much that it had fled from both their minds.

As Nephele arrives, the Alchemist can feel a stab of .... something like dread low in his back. He is the reason Delah is not here for this meeting after all, and though no one knows this save for Delphia, it is still a strange thing to carry around. "I heard about Delah's death. She was a strong warrior." He says, lowering his eyes respectfully for a moment, but not offering his condolences. That would be far too wicked.

"Remi Taliesin." The Alchemist adds belatedly, stumbling over the introductions as Nephele mentions the teeth.

"We had feet. My sources say they all belonged to the same Ascended, a man called Robin." For what that was worth.
And what good are hearts
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
Morgan nodded at Remi's bow, shifting her attention to the other leaders as they came; Evie she knew (though not as the Queen, quite a change since the last time) but the Fae was new. It was the first time she had seen one of the winged forest people and Morgan did her best not to stare, though her immediate mention of Ascended took her notice anyway.

"We received hands." She said matter of factly, her face rather emotionless for the subject matter, though she did raise her eyebrow at the mention of a name. "Do we know why or where this man was killed, or by whom?" While she herself was undecided on how to treat the Ascended, she would not condone or accept all out murder and mutilation: if the culprit was under one of their jurisdictions, she'd make sure they came to justice.
Who do you think we are?
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
EVIe
There's a little old history between herself and two of the others, but Evie smooths over it with a smile and a slight dip at the waist in greeting. They are all convened at last, and Evie tries not to stare at the diminutive individual among their ranks, much like Morgan. At least there seems to be no hesitation in any of the participants, jumping straight to the topic at hand. "By the letter that came with it, the why seems to be racially motivated. There are many who hold a hatred for The Voice, that sentiment could easily have festered towards her followers." A hand rises to thumb at her lip thoughtfully, pondering anew over that which has kept her awake for many nights.

"I didn't recognize the handwriting or manner of speech myself, at the very least. Our package was sent anonymously." Blue eyes course about, prompting anyone to speak up if there had been differences in their own deliveries. "There has been a surge in anti-Ascended sentiment here lately. Two were killed during LongNight by a magical door that Safrin helped create, and news has been spreading that the Ascended chose not to attempt to kill the monsters that plague us. Truly, I have no idea where to start searching for a culprit with all this going about." Perhaps it would paint the Grounds as weak, to reveal these things. But it's a risk she's willing to take if it means keeping all the lands apprised of the details. If it means catching and garnering interest that she can use to bring them into the fold to potentially help destroy the LongNight monsters.
Don't read the last page
But I stay
table by sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Nephele
If there are stares, concealed or otherwise, Nephele does not react to them. She has explored much of the Hollowed Grounds, interacting with a variety of individuals who have gawked, stammered, or cursed upon the sight of her. She does nothing to conceal her oddities, instead turning her hawklike gaze to Remi as condolences are metered and delivered. Suspicion rises sharply within her scientific mind. The fact that he knows of Delah's passing at all is enough to put her on edge, though her face is as smooth and unburdened as a still lake. She dips her head in deference all the same, sincere shades of mourning flickering briefly over her face, for she had respected and loved Delah in a way that few others understand or care to comment on. "Indeed she was. She has left a great void to fill, but she made us strong enough to do so." Of that she is certain.

As they speak of the deliveries and body parts, Nephele listens patiently. Absorbing that which is offered as they share their experiences. "We have had no Ascended attempt to cross the border into the Greatwood. It was not done on our land, though there was no attempt at delivery to the Sidhe Village either. That leaves a multitude of races allowed within our borders but not our home." Again twisting and weaving her words to suit her needs. Her brow furrows slightly, wings flexing at her back as she considers what path to take here. "If we cannot find them, what is our course of action?"
but i maintain my depth
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Turning to look at Nephele, the time for stares long since passed given his familiarity with the fae, he merely narrows his eyes. "So nothing was delivered to the Fae, then?" He asks, noting down this discrepancy just as she's noted many of his.

As Evie speaks, Remi listens quietly. His mouth opens once as if to interrupt, but he politely waits until the end. "What is happening among the ascended...feels very interpersonal." He says slowly. "Your..brother.." Briefly his eyes rise to meet Evie's, his sea-shattered stare looking as apologetic as he can manage. "Has made some poor choices that reflect badly on the ascended as a whole. But...I don't think we should judge them all by it. Sam should be allowed to make mistakes. We can't give in to war just because of one man." Only...well. They all absolutely could.

Running a hand through his curls and then down the back of his neck, the Alchemist just shakes his head slowly. "Torchline has no interest in banning the ascended or being drawn into this. And speaking as myself—" That is, a demi-god of Ludo's, "—I've not been given any instruction one way or the other."
And what good are hearts
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
It was clear that everyone had their own take on this situation, influenced by belief, tradition, in some cases apparently relation...Morgan let everyone speak as she thought and tried to come to a conclusion about what she'd learnt in the last months. It was hard to know if the Ascended were truly dangerous or not, even after all her experience (some of it, unfortunately, very personal).

"I have not as of yet made any action in Halo around the Ascended, though I have considered it." Mentioned it too, which had been a mistake. "Still, all out murder is not acceptable. I believe if we all worked together, we should be able to find the culprit and ascertain if they were working alone or if this is the work of a group." If that were the case, then things were certainly immediately more complicated.

"I will place an award in Halo for anyone willing to come forward with information." Morgan sighed, feeling odd to be coming down on the apparent side of the Ascended.
Who do you think we are?
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
EVIe
Family had been something she'd been hoping to avoid in this particular conversation. To try and be removed, diplomatic. A queen of a land instead of Evie, Sam's Sister. But alas, it's apparently not her choice to make, and though Remi stumbles artfully through the words she merely inclines her head and does not allow herself an outward reaction. "Sam's decisions in sense of legality is no longer my problem, as he is now living in your lands as I understand. I'm not here to speak on the morality of his choices." A cruel thing to say perhaps, but Evie refuses to let this conversation be derailed. "I'm not promoting war. It brews regardless, no matter that I have extended my protection to the Ascended here in the Grounds. All we can do is discuss what comes next; how to find the killer, how to make Ascended feel safer in our lands, beneath our rule." So saying, she turns her attention to Morgan, who seems to be speaking in a similar vein.

"An award is a good idea. Though if few people knew Robin as the case seems to be, that may be a difficulty we have to consider. Have any of you asked the Gods? I'm not sure how forthcoming they would be, but as an Abandoned it's an avenue I can't access myself." And one that she can't ignore, even if it means outing herself as a magic user. The potential for answers means more in this moment.
Don't read the last page
But I stay
table by sky!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Change author:
Nephele
Nephele struggles not to roll her eyes, though she does give Remi a pointed stare. "That is not what I said. It was left in the Greatwood borders, but not in the Sidhe Village. There was respect shown for our inner borders; that leaves a variety of races capable. As I said, we had fangs." She'll not have her artfully crafted words misunderstood, it's an insult to her large ego. Though she sits back and listens as they all begin to speak. Not quite to the level of squabbling that would make this more energetic and enjoyable, but informational all the same.

"The Fae are understandably hesitant to allow Ascended back within our borders," she speaks up when they begin talking of ensuring comfort and security for their Ascended citizens. "They have done irreparable harm to our land, but if it will help for our people to add a show of solidarity alongside yours, perhaps we could be convinced to a one-time chance. Fiat Lux approaches, after all." And she had already spoken to Juniper about asking these specific individuals if perhaps it could be hosted in the Greatwood.
but i maintain my depth
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
"Torchline typically doesn't rat out its own, so if the culprit is one of us, a reward from me won't do any good. But I can help finance your efforts." Remi says with a nod in Morgan 's direction. Glancing towards Evie, the Alchemist shakes his head. "I only meant to say that the unrest between the ascended right now seems largely because of Sam. I mention that to provide context, not to condemn you as his sibling. " He explains, his fingers splayed in a gesture of neutrality.

With a glance towards Nephele, Remi nods since apparently Odd can't read. "My mistake, please don't be offended by my poor memory. The gods have fiddled with my mind more than a few times, and it seems things don't always stick."

With a look back to Evie, Remi nods slightly. "I've spoken with Ludo about it." He explains, wondering how much the three before him knew about his ascension at the hands of the herald. "And I believe others have spoken to Safrin. My husband for one. But she seems uninterested. The same cannot be said for Ludo." He adds with a small twitch of his lips.

The mention of Fiat Lux makes Remi's breath hitch in his chest, and the Alchemist finds himself closing his eyes and pressing his fingers against them. "I won't lie to you three." He mumbles, brows furrowed. "I care very little for the politics of this. There are two ascended in Torchline that are unequivocally under my protection. But as for making the rest of them feel safe?" He glances up through a curtain of his curls, trying not to let his lip rise in a snarl. "I really don't care. Torchline is not part of this way, and as far as my allegiances go with Ludo, nor am I. If there is fighting to be done, so long as it is not on my sands, I care very little." It was cruel and crude perhaps, but there it was.

"So if the fae wish to open their borders to the ascended during—" He pauses, nearly choking on the words. "—Fiat Lux, then so be it. But if things go poorly, I hope you wouldn't expect Torchline to rise to your aid."
And what good are hearts
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
Who do you think we are?
"I would like to think the people of the Citadel would willingly give up a murderer." Morgan found it somewhat disturbing that Remi didn't think the same of his own population: she did not know if she would be able to lead a people that wouldn't turn over violent criminals. "Assistance with the reward would be welcome, though; it would probably make it more likely that someone would come forward." Also more likely someone would make something up, but she'd always been pretty good at sniffing out bullshit.

As far as Fiat Lux and the Ascended protection went, Morgan was not really too bothered. Similar to Remi, she had no interest in protecting the Ascended and Fiat Lux had never been anything too important to her.

"Are there any other matters that require my input?" She would ask Remi, once all discussion of the issue had passed.
Who do you think we are?