[se] brick by brick, hand in hand
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we shall heal our wounds, collect our dead
Ronin is running late, but he has a good reason. He promises. Remi - he promises.

They have agreed to reinforce the cottage today - it’s been all well and good to help Haulani and shore up the beach and the rest of it, but if their own house falls down around their ears, Ronin can guarantee that neither Star nor Alchemist will be pleased.

There are roof tiles to check, doors to reinforce, and that sneaky tunnel to look at to make sure no flooding occurs.

But as has been mentioned previously - Ronin is late. He’s a little out of breath as the cottage comes into sight, realising at that precise moment that he might have just flown up on a cloud. Overhead Sugar trills her amusement, and the Star swears thoughtfully up at her.

The hunter moves as if with a wince or an injury, favouring his left shoulder, but seems otherwise in a sunny mood. ”I’m here!” he calls as he reaches the house, pausing for a second or two to lean his hands on his knees and catch his breath.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i cannot make my anger beautiful
Remi is seated on the porch, a cup of cold-tea in hand, staring accusingly at his husband. The look doesn't last long—can't, not with how adorably winded Ronin is—and the Alchemist has to mentally shove away the numerous quips he might make at the Star's expense before he can speak. "By all means, take your time. We're in no rush." As if on cue, thunder purrs in the distance and a cool breeze snakes up from the sea to chill their skin with an ominous warning of storms to come.

Slowly, as if it really were true that they had all the time in the world, Remi slowly drains his cup before setting it down next to him on the step. With a roguish grin, he turns his eyes up towards Sugar, eyes slanted with a conspiratorial spark. "I expected this of him. But you?  If the roof collapses it'll be your nest that gets soaked as much as our room."
THE ALCHEMIST
anymore than i can make my pain sweet
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin glares up at the sky as the thunder rolls overhead, as if to tell it to shut the fuck up. Straightening up again after a few more breaths, he shivers against the chilly breeze, closing the last bit of distance between them and shifting to sit on the stoop with his husband. Slinging his right arm around Remi, he leans in for a kiss to his cheek, smiling at the shrieking objection from Sugar above.

”She has realised the error of her ways,” he murmurs, sitting back and looking up at the sky. ”We better start with the roof then, I think. We can do the rest while it’s raining, but those slates will be a pain.” He doesn’t move just yet, though, savouring the warmth of Remi pressed against him, the lingering smell of tea in the air.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Has she now.." Remi says wonderingly, grinning stupidly against Ronin's kiss.  "My, you're just full of good ideas today." And it is a good idea of course, but the Alchemist can't help but nudge his counterpart playfully just the same. Pulling in a breath of air saturated with rain and salt, Remi too lets himself simply enjoy the strange normalcy of morning-tea on their porch. No one is bleeding, no murders have been committed (well, not that he knows of, but he can't vouch for Ronin's whereabouts that morning), and to his mind no more unplanned children are going to show up on their doorstep.

It is, for the first time in a long, long while, a good day.

"Alright then. Shall I scale the walls myself or do you have a cloud to spare?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Good? It’s a great day. Ronin’s fingers wander over Remi’s hip, his nose brushing across his husband’s unshaven cheek, and he sighs at the acknowledgement that they do need to do more than sit and wile away the morning together. Sugar drifts up to the clouds to leave them to it, the pale dragon wanting no part in chores, and it is with great reluctance that Ronin rises to his feet, offering the Alchemist a hand.

”A cloud? For you, anything.” He flashes him a charming grin, stepping back and gazing up at the moody sky. Curling a finger up, one of the clouds swoops down to them, but Ronin holds up a hand to stop it, glancing back to Remi. ”First, though. I might have... done something. It seemed like a very romantic and creative thing at the time.”
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Taking the offered hand with a smile more boyish than its been in months, Remi watches his husband work his magic. "That's quite the trick, you know." He murmurs appreciatively. For all of their combined abilities, there's something altogether whimsical about Ronin's means of transportation these days that murderous soul-magic simply can't compete with.

"Oh I was wondering about that. I was waiting to see if I was meant to ask about it or pretend I hadn't noticed your sore shoulder." With a snort, knowing just what season of Ronin's they were about to head into, the Alchemist narrows his eyes playfully, thinking he knew just what it was his husband had been up to that morning. "Let me guess, you fought someone for my honour?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”It’s one of my favourite ones,” Ronin admits, giving his cloud a little pat of appreciation before turning his attention back to Remi. His smile turns a bit coy, like he’s been caught out, and he raises a gentle hand to touch it to the offending shoulder in question. ”I suppose I’m not as good at hiding it as I thought,” he says, though with Remi he really shouldn’t be surprised - the Alchemist knows him probably better than he knows himself.

Fighting for his honour, though? Not quite just yet, though he does remember the peculiar possessive surge of last LeafChange. That goes promptly to the back of his head, Ronin slanting a crooked grin to his husband and working on unbuttoning his shirt. ”Actually, I was thinking more on what I said about keeping you close,” he murmured, shrugging out of the garment to reveal a stark white dressing covering a large portion of his left pectoral and shoulder.

”It made sense at the time,” he says with a nervous sort of laugh, peeling the dressing back to reveal Ronin’s latest scar.

Well, not a scar exactly. It’s a hawk, inked in beautiful detail across the Star’s chest, a wing stretching up to the arch of his shoulder. Talons extended, feathers splayed out, it looks remarkably like... well, like Remi in shift. ”Surprise,” he attempts sheepishly.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I only noticed because I wondered if it was me that made you sore." The Alchemist replies a shade sheepishly. His fingers had dug hard into parts of Ronin he can't even remember anymore, and it's entirely possible that he had bruised or twinged one of his husband's muscles. That said, he had seemed fine earlier. Perhaps that's what made it all the more noticeable.

"Oh?" Remi's smile turns suggestive upon hearing the words keeping you close paired with Ronin's fingers undoing the buttons on his shirt. The sight of the bandage however wiped the hunger clean from the Alchemist's face; his expression instantly turning to one of concern. Seeing the lack of worry mirrored in the Star's face stilled his heart somewhat, though it still hammered unsteadily.

Lips falling open as the dressing was peeled back, red-halos surrounding intricate lines of black shading revealed against shiny skin, for a moment the Alchemist does not move. It's almost as if he doesn't really know what he's seeing. Raising his hands they hover over Ronin's skin. He has no experience with tattoos but knows at least enough not to touch the lines despite how much he wants to. "You.." He murmurs, looking confused and bashful, his fingers following the lines.

"You..it's..." His brows narrow together making the Alchemist look stupidly boyish in his lack of comprehension. "..it's me..!" He concludes finally, turning bright sea-green eyes towards the Star.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”I’m the one who should be worried about that. Sore is the last thing you made me,” Ronin remarked with a lopsided smile, fingers brushing over Remi’s upper arm as if worried about whatever bruises he might have left with his fingers, let alone the chain of love bites he knows lurk beneath his husband’s collar. He finds himself standing shirtless before the other man, curiously vulnerable as he waits to see what Remi thinks.

He tries to stop his flinch as the Alchemist suddenly draws close, letting out a sigh of relief when he doesn’t immediately try to touch the fresh ink and stilling so Remi can get a good look. While he observes the tattoo, Ronin watches his husband’s face, a grin creeping across his lips and a laugh escaping him at the final verdict. Yes, it’s you!” he agreed. ”I found a sketch I’d made of you once. I thought I’d make it a little more permanent.”
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The Alchemist's eyes drift from the impeccable rendition of him, to Ronin's expectant blue gaze, back down. Honestly, he wasn't sure how he felt about seeing himself permanently captured on Ronin's skin, if only because he'd been captured so many times in the past. Blinking stupidly as he swam through his emotions, one of his hands distractedly reached out for Ronin's as his eyes continued to scan the lines of his form on his husband's shoulder and chest.

"I thought we agreed on a mouse?" He says finally with a crooked smile, letting the hand still tracing patterns above Ronin's skin fall back to his side. Then, thinking better of it, he places it on Ronin's hip to draw the Star closer. Letting his nose scrunch slightly with the absurdity of the idea forming in his mind, Remi raises a brow, looking down at the marked flesh. "Can you...you know, move it?" Make the feathers wave or the wing flap? It was ridiculous to be sure, but in that moment it filled the Alchemist with utter delight to think of it.
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin examines his husband’s face, his expression, trying to judge whether or not he’s made a colossal mistake. He only relaxes as Remi draws him closer, the Star bringing up his other hand to press a kiss to his knuckles. ”I thought we agreed on a polecat,” he counters with a grin, content to stand in the embrace regardless of the thunder that continues to ripple closer, promising another soon-to-be downpour.

As for moving it? Ronin chuckles, glancing down at the tattoo. ”I can try,” he suggests, muscles flexing though it doesn’t really imitate movement all that well. ”I’m sure your illusion magic would be able to make it come to life.” Leaning in, he kisses Remi’s nose. ”Is it too much? I have poor impulse control. I just wanted to... I don’t know. Choose have your mark on me.”
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Snorting abruptly at that, having forgotten the polecat scarf-idea altogether, Remi nods crookedly. "Well then it's a very good thing indeed you picked hawk." He whispers as his knuckles find Ronin's lips. The sensation delights him as it always does, the hand on Ronin's hip growing more firm as the Alchemist relaxes in the wake of this surprise.

Watching with awe, he finds Ronin is quite correct: moved muscles don't replicate a hawk's wing or feather movements, but it's just as well they don't. What is meant to be sweet for a moment sours in Remi's mind as he makes the connection between what Ronin says and what it implies. He wanted to choose this mark because there are others upon him he didn't choose. And not just the battle wounds and scars either: the other tattoo .

"It isn't too much." Remi says after a moment, swallowing down his bitterness at Safrin before shaking his head slightly to apologize. His fingers on Ronin's stroke softly the golden shackles, near-invisible in this light, that bind his wrists. "It's perfect. As are you." Shyly, his eyes falling back to the thin strokes of ink made permanent on the Star's skin, Remi bites the inside of his lip hesitantly. "I suppose I can't touch it, can I?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”I thought it quite fitting, especially since your talons are poised to grab my heart.” Ronin winks, and indeed, that does seem to be the way the tattoo has been angled. All tension bleeds out of him at the confirmation that he hasn’t inked something onto himself that Remi hates, the Star relaxing into the soft touches against his wrist, his hip, and anywhere else they are touching.

A flush reaches his cheeks, just about; Remi’s compliment comes out so sincerely and unexpectedly that it leaves Ronin tongue tied, unable to do much more than smile stupidly at his husband. At least the Alchemist can break the silence with a question, and he glances back at the tattoo with a careful shrug. ”I’ll never say no to you,” he says breezily. ”Go ahead, just be gentle please.”

He doubts he really needs to say so; if Remi does choose to brush his fingers over the ink he will find the skin hot and slightly tacky with salve, already working on fiercely healing the fresh marks. But it is truly part of Ronin now, there forever. Unless he dies and comes back again of course.
THE DARK STAR
and continue fighting
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"And yet they haven't grabbed it." Remi says with a raised brow, pretending to be wounded. "Am I meant to think that your heart is too fragile for my talons? That I might hurt your heart? Or that I haven't actually fully taken it yet?" The Alchemist knows nothing of what he's saying is true, but it's fun to toy with Ronin just the same. Shirtless as he is, it's all too easy for Remi to reach down and press the tip of a finger against his husband's nipple. "Then again, it probably would have hurt like a bitch." He muses, of having the talons properly wrapped around where the Star's heart is.

"Be gentle." Remi repeats playfully, the words not often said by the Star. He knows what Ronin means of course, and so when his fingers softly brush some of the thinner lines that don't seem as angry, it is with the utmost care. Eventually, his fingertip bleeds away to the tip of a feather. In the coming days when the skin begins to itch Ronin might find this approach helpful in delicately relieving him, but for now it's the best way Remi knows to map this new change to his husband's body.

With eyes wide and infinitely focused, his lips parted in concentration, Remi loses himself in study. He seems to be saying things to himself, half articulated words that slip soundlessly from his lips as his eyes take in the artwork on his husband's sleeve with incredible focus.
THE ALCHEMIST