At least I can float
Open~
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
I see your true colours shining through
Pools of water were something Chuy was becoming increasingly familiar with. Growing up in Australia, where heat and sun were a way of life, learning to swim had been crucial from a young age. Household private swimming pools, dams, rivers and beaches - all of them he had experienced and loved.

His reason for visiting this pool  was more than just going for a swim though. For he had visited a Shrine, made an attempt at prayer, and been scalded for his efforts, quite literally.

Heat was a constant presence, as the severe sunburn covered most of his body, radiating it out in waves from his skin. Deep pinks and maroons was his general skin tone at the moment, the burn seemingly refusing to shift into a tan as it normally would, choosing instead to linger with peeling, flaking skin and constant itching.

"Ahh," the relief was palpable as he plunged into the water, shirtless, wearing shorts otherwise, leaning back into it to float under a shady spot.
so don't be afraid, to let them show
CHULANE

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Who are you?"

The question arose from the individual who sat at the edge of the pool, watching with interest as the man de-clothed and entered the waters without so much as looking around to see if he had any onlookers. The young girl spoke with a clear voice, easily heard across the water. The look on her face was mischievous - she was clearly a farm girl with a similar thought in mind after an afternoon working the fields.

She stood with her hand on her hip looking out over the water at the man, for all intents and purposes looking as if she was making claim to the very pool of water he was splashing around in.
helpful citizen
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
The voice caught him very much by surprise. Just as the water splashed over him, he heard it, and immediately tried to right himself. This, of course, resulted in him very ungracefully slipping and ultimately going under for a moment as he overcorrected and succumbed to the water.

"Chuy," he called out, amongst some coughing and shaking out of his wet hair as he finally did manage to get purchase again, glancing over at the young girl with a sheepish grin. "Sorry - am I intruding on private property?" He rose, water cascading down the warm, crimson skin of his torso, demonstrating his readiness to vacate the area if he had made a mistake.
CHULANE

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The girl considered him with a hard stare, though she had muffled some giggles at the man's flailing attempt to react to her sudden appearance. Dark hair shifted along her shoulders as she tilted her head, eyes purposefully squinting to ensure he felt very much scrutinised.

Then she laughed, unable to hold onto the act for long, waving away this Chuy's concerns. "No, no, you're fine." Without further hesitation, she walked into the water, letting it get up to her knees before folding her legs beneath her and sitting in the shallow part of the pool.

"I'm Petunia." A kindish smile was given, before it gave way to a small frown as the closer proximity to the man revealed in more clarity the burns that afflicted him. "Did you spend too much time in the sun at Torchline?"
helpful citizen
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
He was ready to leave, to grab the clothes he'd left at the shore and wander elsewhere - though he was loathe to stop feeling the cooling sensation of the water against his overheated body. At the girl's continued scrutiny, he made to do just that - until she shifted into an entirely different expression, laughter and smiles and playfulness evident.

Relief rolled through him, as he stopped whatever motion he had started, and crouched back down in the water at her approach. He wasn't naked, but the shorts sticking slickly to his form didn't leave much open to the imagination.

"Ah, that," he chuckled softly, glancing down at his own chest, knowing he looked quite like a lobster freshly boiled. "Shrine visit. Apparently they didn't like my offering." He said by way of explanation, shrugging - there wasn't much he could do about it, except well, what he was doing right now.
CHULANE

Change author:
A shrine? Well, that was interesting. "What are you?" she asked with pointed disregard for politeness or civility, curious to know if he was Abandoned or Attuned/Accepted - hated or favoured by the Gods?

She didn't think he was Ascended. She would've known that, surely. And besides, he wouldn't be out in the sun if he was one of those.

"I went to a shrine once, when I was a child." She was still a child, really, but that didn't matter. "No god appeared, but the cuts on my knees and hands were healed up after a cool breeze went through." Slender shoulder shrugged as she lifted a hand above the water to show him, as if wanting to prove a point to him.
helpful citizen
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
"Attuned," he replied easily. Even if he was surprised at the girl's directness, he didn't mind it ultimately - it allowed all the awkward posturing to get out of the way. "Yourself?" he asked back, letting his own curiosity show. He guessed that she was an Accepted, but he had no real way of knowing outside of asking directly.

He dutifully looked over her proffered hand, nodding. He'd heard similar stories, and also much different ones too. It was all a matter of perspective, he supposed. And a matter of the whims of forces far more powerful than he could ever truly comprehend.

"That was lucky for you," he commented with a small smile. "Not sure if I'll try again. Don't really want to tempt them to do anything worse than a sunburn." Sunburn he was familiar with, at least, and he still (foolishly, naively) held optimistic hope that it would heal itself, eventually.
CHULANE

Change author:
“Accepted.” She spoke matter-of-factly, nodding her head as if to confirm the unspoken guess he had made.

He head tilted again as he commented about not bothering to try again. “That’s very defeatist of you.” And it was. So he was cursed on his first try? Did a baby stop trying to walk after their first fall? They cried and sooked for a while, sure, but they kept trying.

“The answer will always be no if you never try again.” She didn’t know for certain how much race had to do with the likelihood of a god or herald to appear, but she did know they would do nothing if they weren’t sought out by those wanting to receive their blessings.
helpful citizen
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
Defeatist. The word stung a bit, even if he couldn’t deny that he really did sound (and feel) defeated. He’d reacted much this way when things with Korbin had become too intense, had he not? He, who always liked a challenge, who thrived on having a goal that was hard to reach, a task that seemed insurmountable?

He was suddenly tired, but he let a smile soften his expression as he responded to the girl. “You’re right,” he supplied, shrugging as he rose up to stand in the water.

“Thanks for the company. I think I better head home now. Be safe?” he waved as he exited the pool, bending to grab his shirt from the shoreline, not bothering to wait for his torso to dry before putting it on, and wandering in the vague direction of the Spire, and the portal within.

--

Fin
CHULANE