fall into the deep end
Neron <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
the flood
feeling alive while you fight for your life
as you swim back to the beaches
He does have business in Halo. Most importantly, who’s running the bar since his departure and Weaver’s recent death. The last time he’d been here at the bar had been just after the volcano erupted, when Nate and he were still freshly together, then when Loren had banned him from Halo. But since then? So much had changed. He doesn’t know the new Warden. But he does know his bar still stands.

And so he shows up on that business trip, Nate off and exploring whatever else he might want to, and Sunjata slips through familiar yet different doors. He removes the bundles he wears, hanging them on the coat rack before slipping in further, heading toward the bar to let his steel gaze scan for any familiar face or whomever seems to be in ‘charge’.
don't be scared of the tide, just prepare for the ride
as you float, you float, you float
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
the hailstorm
It has been a bit of a busy season, for Neron. Started off with a bump (and grind, heh), but from there things have picked up. Namely finding himself in charge of the Kraai and having to endear himself to the people afresh. This time from the other side of a bar. Still, Neron adapts and takes to it, as any good Launceleyn ought to, and by the time Sunjata arrives he’s been at it for a good few weeks.

The Kraai still looks the same, still with Weaver’s tastes, but there’s a distinct chill and a lack of open flames around the bar area now, giving it a distinctly moody feel. Polishing a glass and dressed entirely in black as is his custom (but this time with his sleeves rolled up, oooh), Neron pins Sunjata with his steel blue gaze as he approach. A smile curls across his lips, baring fangs.

”I did wonder when you would visit.”
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The atmosphere is significantly colder than Sunjata remembers, but he passes it off as he heads toward the bar – shifting his shirt a small amount as a side thought as his gaze lands on Neron. A dark raise of his brow is all Neron’s given before Sunjata’s heading toward the edge of the bar, enough to rest a hand on it while he focuses on Neron’s question, a small amused smile coming to his face.

He hadn’t known the ex-Warden would be taking over the Kraai. But he supposes with a whole season lost between them, Sunjata shouldn’t really be surprised. Still, the fangs are curious that Neron gives him and Sunjata can’t help but to flash his own back when he speaks. “Oh, miss me already?” He croons, voice a low hum, before he’s focusing on what exactly Neron’s doing behind the bar. “Came to check on the place.” He gives the bar a decent long sweep with his gaze before steel lands on Neron’s face once more.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
”Miss you? We hardly know each other,” Neron replies, setting the glass on the shelf with the others once its clean and moving to lean his forearms against the bar, keeping his eyes on Sunjata. A lot certainly has changed since he was last in Halo, and there’s even more that he doesn’t know. Still, Neron gestures about the place as if to tell him to make his checks, if that’s what he’s here to do.

”Can I get you a drink?” he asks, straightening up from the bar and already moving to get the whiskey down from the top shelf, remembering the other man’s preferences from his brief visit to the Grounds. He gets two tumblers as well, blowing into them (the result is that they become coated with ice) and pours a generous measure.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Mmhm, but you were wondering when I’d show.” He offers, cocking his head to the side a small amount, before he’s focusing on indeed doing the checks. A quick glance around the bar is really all that’s needed, Neron not knowing (as far as Sunjata’s aware) of the back room, hidden and locked away, the key settled in his pocket. Likewise, Sunjata’s unaware of much too — like the fact the other man has Ascended.

A nod is given to Neron at the mention of a drink, a rogue smirk crossing his face at how the roles seem reversed from the last time they’d met. “I’d love that.” He agrees, watching the man cool the cups for the drinks. “So I suppose cutting through the bullshit is in our best interest. Weaver’s gone, which means… Leaving you in charge of the Kraai?” His accent rumbles beautifully along the name of the bar, but the look he gives Neron seems to ask for the man to fill in the blanks. Most notably, why hasn’t Korbin burned it down or taken up the mantel?
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
”Of course I was. You are late, by my estimations. What held you up?” Neron inquires, sliding one of the glasses across to Sunjata and running a long finger around the rim of his own. ”Oh, but the bullshit is the best part,” he objects, a note of mourning in his voice that does not match the smirk on his face. ”Very well, though. Weaver’s gone, Korbin has his own troubles, and he hired me, if you’d believe it.” The Hailstorm scoffs, taking a generous sip of the whiskey.

”He doesn’t have the inclination to run the place, so here I am.” Spreading his hands, he gazes around the Kraai; dark and red and rich and velvety, everything Neron isn’t. He kind of likes it, though. ”Why, is there a problem?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Oh, I’m late?” He questions, a huff of a laugh leaving him as he grabs the glass and moves to take a sip – gaze finding Neron’s at the mention of what held him up. “Lava octopus.” As if that were any explanation of its own, he also gestures to the shoulder that had taken the brunt of the damage, the missing ink and the burn scar that covers it. “Also your brother banned me from Halo stating that you would approve it, so there's that. But with the shift in leadership, here I am.

But then Neron’s explaining what sort of happened, and he mulls it over as he watches the ex-Warden curiously. “Can’t say I’m too surprised.” Though there is a part of him that wonders how Korbin and Neron even had a relationship of some sort, given the boy’s anger toward Outlanders he’d felt time and time again.

Nope, no problem. Just interesting, is all.” He rumbles, taking another sip from the glass before setting it down and leaning forward a bit. “I half expected it to not be standing when I came back, in all honesty. Given Korbin’s opinion of me.” A raise of his brow to that. He wonders what Neron’s opinion of him is as well.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
”By at least half a season, I would think,” Neron says of Sunjata’s tardiness, the words murmured over the rim of his glass before he sets it down again. Still, the remark about the ‘lava octopus’ (whatever the hell that is) piques his interest, and he raises an eyebrow as his gaze flickers over the scarring, the evidence of a fight. ”It sounds delightful,” he drawls, leaning against the bar once again to hear the other man out.

But oh, Loren banned Sunjata from Halo? On Neron’s approval? The Hailstorm lets out a rich laugh at that, honest surprise flickering across his face. ”Would that he had told me - I’d have been able to contribute to the decision,” he says; bit of a strange thing to do, given that he had been the one to give the OK on the decision to build the Kraai in the first place.

”It is interesting, yes. And Korbin isn’t here right now,” he murmurs, the humour slowly dissolving from his expression; if anything, the bar seems to grow colder. ”Do you know what else is interesting, Sunjata?” he says. ”Apparently, this bar was to be used to pass around clandestine information from Halo to the Devil’s Advocates guild. That’s quite something, don’t you think?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Well damn, he really is late then. A playful smile remains on his face throughout though, accepting the jabs where they hit and focusing on the rest. Like the laugh that leaves the other man at Loren’s comment, though it does spark interest in Sunjata at what Neron means by contributing.

Still, the air grows a bit colder as the subject shifts, Sunjata reaching up to rub at his neck over quite a few healed Ascended bites, though a fresher one sticks out once he removes his hand. “What else is interesting, Neron?” He rumbles briefly before the information spills and Sunjata’s gaze narrows. And really, he should know better. For a secret guild, it sure seemed a lot of fucking people know about it.

He’s silent for a moment, considering, before a puff of an exhale leaves him and he pulls a cigarette out of a pocket to light it up. “Did Loren tell you that too?” He rumbles, eyes flicking up to meet Neron as the flame ignites the end of the smoke. “He has a terrible habit of getting in the middle of my business. But, if it makes you feel any better, it isn’t any important information.” Exhaling a plume of smoke, his head tilts a bit. “Hardly anything worth noting at all, come to think of it.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
”No. I heard it from Korbin, who heard it from Weaver.” Neron’s smile is all fang for a moment, and no sooner has Sunjata lit his cigarette when the Hailstorm unleashes the whipcrack of telekinesis that he’s been keeping since his little trip between Morgan’s legs. His hope is to shove the other man across the bar, hopefully into a table or a pillar - anything that might hurt.

And whilst the telekinesis is Morgan’s, the ice is all him, baby - it crawls across the floor and encases anything that Jata might be touching, anything he might have fallen against, hoping to freeze him in place. ”You will forgive me for saying so, but as former Warden of the Citadel, I think you will find that I am the one who decides what information counts as important when it starts being spread around.”

Slowly, Neron starts to move around the bar, walking with quiet and purposeful steps over to Jata.

Neron used:

Mastered Telekinesis (from Morgan)
Mastered Water Manipulation

as well as

Type: Grey
Mageglass Pendant | A large, prismatic stone suspended from a chain of silver. This pendant doubles the power of any magic that the user wields.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
From Korbin, who heard it from Weaver. And now that is a surprise. A dark brow raises but he has no time to actually respond to the comment as something shoves him, pushing him over to the edge of the bar, away from the barstool he’d sat on, into one of the chairs by a table. The smoke follows him, though the cigarette is gone now, and he grits his teeth as his back hits the hard wood of the chair with a bit of force.

Feathers flicker along his shoulders briefly, fangs sharpening as his skin slowly shifts to that of the scales of his snake shift. His boots are frozen to the ground, hands stuck to the edge of the chair arms, and he glares at Neron as his back pangs with a throbbing pain.

And then it clicks, that Neron’s Ascended, and Sunjata attempts to keep some semblance of himself despite the growl that slips from his throat. “Information that pertains to you and your family you might not want running around.” He snaps, gaze narrowing, shifting to the slit of his cobra shift. “But by all means, we can fight it out. I’d rather not, you see, I’ve got a wedding soon.” If there’s any other options to take, ways to get out of it, he’s all fucking ears.

Especially as the scales shift toward bat wings, the cobra shift to his eyes shifts back to normal and spiraling dark horns tipped in gold sprout and curl around his head.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Neron takes it all in, his steel blue eyes clear and calculating in the inspection. He sees the Ascended bites, he sees the shifts and changes in Sunjata’s eyes, skin, teeth. The man is a thousand things beneath this eloquent facade, all of them useful. None of them much good against the cold, though. He’s strolled to stand a few feet back, raising his eyebrows as he listens, as he lets his eyes flicker up and down yet more alterations in Jata’s appearance.

”Congratulations,” Neron drawls, obviously regarding the upcoming nuptials. He doesn’t sound like he means it. ”And which family do you mean?” he inquires. The Ascended family, or the much more dangerous Launceleyn line? ”Given that I am no longer Warden, you will understand if I do not care as much for my reputation.”

But he’s got a point, does Sunjata, and Neron lets a little of the ice melt from around him. ”There’s a saying,” he murmurs. If you can’t beat them, join them. Let us see if we can’t make some kind of arrangement. I assume you still want a finger on Halo’s pulse?”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
His jaw clenches as his body continues to partially shift. His head tilts back a small amount, horns staying put as he focuses on Neron. “Well if the fangs are any indication, the Ascended one.” A raise of his brow, hoping that the information was correct. “I have a deal with Wessex to help the Ascended. Seeing as someone’s going around, chopping them up, and dropping ‘gift packages’, you’ll want all the help you can get.” That’s really going out on a limb, but he'll try anything at this point.

The ice begins to melt, however, and gods how much he hates the cold. His fingers flex, listening to the options Neron is giving. “Would be preferable.” He rumbles, sitting up a bit more, feeling the pain of his back from where he’d hit the chair. “Weaver was a part of it. It’s why I helped her make this. If you’re running it now, I’d prefer the information on the guild remains silent.” He pauses, mulling over his words. “What can I bribe you with?” Obviously he‘s not really in the position to make demands, and so he waits.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
the hailstorm
Neron’s eyebrows raise at that - not so much at Sunjata’s guesswork, given that he’s doing nothing to try and hide it. No, it’s his phenomenal lack of knowledge about what’s been going on in the Ascended world that gets him, the Hailstorm seeming a touch more solemn as he regards the other man opposite him. ”Yes, that certainly seems to be the case,” he says softly. Food for thought, this. Neron will have to speak to Wessex soon.

What can I bribe you with? Now he’s smiling again, Neron straightening up slowly and looking him up and down. ”A place in your guild. Covert, of course - no one else is to know I’m a part of it. And your wings.” He nods at the leathery, bat like protrusions from the other man’s shoulders. ”Given that I just used the telekinesis in my pocket to make my point, something to replace it seems only fair. Oh - and I want to know what’s in the room that won’t open.”