spent my money on the bars
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
feeling alive while you fight for your life
as you swim back to the beaches
There was a lot to talk about, really, a lot since they had talked – and Sunjata can recall the glance Remi had given him when Safrin had created the canals, and with the recent information he’s gathered from her, and of course the people around that have brought up suspicion, Sunjata figures it’s now or never. Remi and Ronin’s home was always one that Sunjata seemed to know well enough, having helped build part of it, having spent time in it with Ronin and the random antics they got up to.

This was different, far more official, far more business. So Sunjata makes his way to the spot where Remi’s office is, a knock on the wood, before he’s placing his hands into his pockets. “Remi, it’s Sunjata, you there?” He offers to accompany the knock – hoping that the Alchemist was even there to begin with.
don't be scared of the tide, just prepare for the ride
as you float, you float, you float
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI

"Mmmm, doors ope—" It's Remi's voice, cut off suddenly by a loud crash. If and when Sunjata presumably opens the door, it will be to find Remi with his hands on his hips, scowling a bunch of glassware that has shattered on the floor. Running his tongue over his teeth before clucking a sound of disapproval under his breath, the Alchemist glances over his shoulder with an exhale meant to signify frustration with himself.

"In case anyone was wondering, I still can't use magic while shifted."

Should he have experimented with something less breakable? A stuffed-toy perhaps? Yes, absolutely. But Remi wasn't always the right kind of thoughtful about things.
honest feelings and bad timing
make the most painful combination.

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The moment he hears Remi’s voice, Sunjata’s opening the door at precisely the same time the crash occurs. Immediately he thinks he’s somehow managed to open the door and cause some sort of glass shattering catastrophe — steel eyes wide as he takes in the glass and huffs a small sound akin of awkwardness when the explanation hits.

Well good, for the first time he hadn’t caused it.

Want some help cleaning up?” He asks instead of what he’s originally come to talk about, gaze sweeping the room for a broom and dustpan. “What kind of magic were you trying to do?” Wondering whether or not he’d gotten more since the last time they’d met.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

"Nah I'll..." Remi grumbles a curse under his breath and shakes his head rather than finishing his sentence. He'll do it later. Or never. One of the two.

Running a hand through his curls and then letting his forearm travel across his brow to wipe away some of the sweat thereupon, the Alchemist turns towards Sunjata with a crooked smile. "Just something basic—a bit of telekinesis." He answers with a shrug. "I was out on the water the other day, realizing how helpful it would be to both fly and use some of my abilities but.." With his lips pursed together, he shakes his head. "Nope."

The mess behind him forgotten, he turns to properly face the boxer. "What's up?" Normally he'd have thought Sunjata was here for Ronin, but since he specifically called Remi's name, it couldn't be that. Likely it was government business which...wasn't terribly thrilling. But duties were duties.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He nods along with Remi’s half explanation, gaze finding the other man’s with the crooked smile that reflects momentarily along his own face. “Mm that does sound nice.” He agrees, recalling briefly how Maea had telekinesis, how it might’ve been to wield both. But Sunjata’s not magical at all, doesn’t know what it’s like to have those types of powers. His skills are shifts, and that’s all he knows. “Maybe one day.

So he ignores the mess too, stepping forward into the room a bit more and closes the door. “It’s been a while since we’ve caught up on things.” Since Remi’s last therapy session, he recalls. “And seeing as Ascended’s and Fae are a bit of a hot topic around Torchline at the moment, wanted to catch up with that.” But ugh, business, right? So he steps a bit closer to Remi, a bit like old friends would, the smile crossing his face is playful and boyish. “And of course how you’ve been, since all I get is Ronin’s side of things.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Remi grumbles comically at the notion that they have things to catch up on, but of course Sunjata is right. Gesturing vaguely to a chair, Remi sits on the edge of his desk rather than stepping around all the mess he's made to take a proper seat. Raising a brow as the flood steps closer, Remi's chin tilted up since the man is a good deal taller than he is, he exhales an almost relieved but boyish huff of laughter. "Ahh right. I'm sure you hear all about the terrible things I do. How breakfast is never quite how he likes it, how I take up too much of the bed." Grinning broadly at that, Remi gives the flood a mischievous stare. "I also hear that someone has a certain wedding coming up."

Alright, so they do have some things to talk about.

"I met with the other leaders last week. Turns out everyone received body parts save for the Greatwood." Strike one, for the fae being innocent in all of this. "Wessex has no idea who is behind it but...Amalia does. She says whoever it is is one of Ludo's followers." So saying, Remi raises his eyes as he folds his arms across his chest. He isn't sure how he'll feel if it turns out Sunjata knows all of this, that Amalia has told him who the culprit is. Part of him of course wants to know, so that they might all rest easy. Part of him isn't sure he could take that sort of emotional hit.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The seat is offered, and Sunjata slides into it easily — looking up to Remi’s perch to flash a wider, toothy grin. “Yes exactly that.” He snorts, teasing all the same. The grin remains with talk of weddings, however, and Sunjata offers an easy nod. “Nate, Hotaru, and I. She’s just got to make it back from Halo.” And gods how he hopes she does.

The subject shift, however welcome it may be, does dampen those already heading south thoughts as he mulls over what Remi’s mentioned — eyes flicking back to the man at the mention of Amalia, brows drawing together. “Let me guess, she didn’t say?” He offers a bit flatly, before sitting forward in his seat, hand reaching for Safrin’s dagger to place it in his hands. “I’m sure you’ve heard, but Nate was attacked just before LongNight. I’ve patrolled the streets and tried to figure out who had done it. But… I think whomever has dropped off the boxes are the same as who attacked Nate, and left quickly after.” It only makes sense, right? He hasn’t heard of anyone else attacking the Ascended.

She was running after she attacked Nate and I sunk this into her side. But between following her and… Nate, well.” He gestures vaguely. Certainly Remi would understand that.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"Halo?" The Alchemist frowns at that, having exactly 0 good connotations associated with the wintery-wonderland to the north. "What was she doing there?" It isn't his business of course, but given that he knows exactly zero about the third corner of Sunjata's tri-ship, it seems worth pulling this particular string.

"She did not." Remi says a touch more gravely than he'd expected. Apparently he is still more upset about Amalia's choice than he'd given himself credit for. His eyes lower to the dagger, before instantly rising again at the mention of the attack on Nate. "No, I hadn't—" He interrupts, before falling silent with his teeth clenched. When Sunjata finishes, the Alchemist runs a frustrated hand through his curls, exhaling a stream of bitter air. "Yeah...everyone else with a grievance against the ascended has always been upfront about it."

Raising a brow and frowning, Remi pauses. "She?" He does understand of course, and it doesn't even occur to him to fault his Arbiter for not following the attacker rather than tending to his partner. "I suppose that hardly narrows it down. I've seen almost exclusively female-fae whenever I've been in the Greatwood."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He hasn’t promised his secrecy to Wessex when it comes to new places. Nor has he promised secrecy from Remi. So at his question, Sunjata’s head lifts a small amount considering my. “She’s there with Wessex and a couple others I think, going to a new land we haven’t found yet.” He doesn’t remember the name. “For the Eirachi.” It’s an easy explanation, more difficult in the details. But he skipped out on attending, doesn’t know much else.

The fact that Amalia wouldn’t say who she suspected has his jaw clenching slightly, gaze averting, listening and speaking and spinning around inside like a top. He doesn’t recall anyone else being so quiet about it too. “As have I. But that’s not all — the weapon she used on him was edged with fire or heat or something.” He remembers having to dump water over Nate for fear he might catch flame, how his skin had steamed and smoked. “I found out she was Fae from Safrin.” If it helped confirm anything, he’s not sure. But his gaze lifts to Remi then, some haunting shadows lingering in his eyes as he tries to place that mask over his face again and offer a small half smile.

I’m not sure what else to do to try and keep them safe here. But I can’t lose him, Remi.” A bit of overt honesty here while his stomach flip flops. He’s not sure if the Alchemist knows of his history or not, but he can’t mentally handle it.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"A new land?" Remi pulls a face, looking softly bothered as he considers. Sweeping his fingers through his hair, he shrugs as he lets his hand fall back down. "Well hopefully it.." What? Turns out alright? Isn't a shit hole? "..hopefully, Hotaru comes back safe." Whatever new land is found, unless it's one where gods can't meddle, Remi doesn't care much for it.

Watching Sunjata's silent unhappiness, the Alchemist can only nod in disgruntled agreement about Amalia's choices. "So...it wasn't an accident then. Or at least, it's very coincidental that such a weapon would be used on someone so sensitive to fire." He mumbles, though surely Sunjata has thought of this already. Remi doesn't ask about Safrin's involvement—he'll leave the Stary-Lady's club to sort it out amongst themselves—but does clench his teeth to know that the culprit was unequivocally a fae.

Remi doesn't know, but he understands the sentiment well enough. "No, I know. Whatever I can do, name it." He offers, the promise genuine. "I've already spoken with everyone...which seems a bit absurd, given Amalia knows exactly who it is." The words are nearly a growl as a snarl threatens to form on his lips.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a nod granted to Remi at that sentiment. He hopes so too – doesn’t want to even think of the alternative where she didn’t come home at all. He’s already done that with Lusea and gods how it had broken him. He chews on the inside of his cheek as Remi comes to the same conclusion Sunjata does, leaning back somewhat in the chair as he offers a nod to that. “That’s what I’m assuming as well.” Even if Remi had mumbled it, Sunjata’s hEARS definitely helped with any and all mutterings.

But then there’s the need in Sunjata’s tone, the way he knows that he won’t stay the same if something happens to Nate. He doesn’t want to even think that far, not with the nice and gentle Flowerbirth they were supposed to have. So he inhales slowly through his nose, navy feathers flickering along his shoulders and filling in the lined tattoos. The snarl is met with a grimace of Sunjata’s own lips, a pull of frustration aired. “Can anyone try and get her to say who it is? It can’t be me. She’s… I’m already on her shit list.” He offers, perhaps a bit sadly.

He’s silent for a moment, before he huffs a sigh, a hand reaching up to rub at his face and his temples. “I’m not sure what can be done. We have a starting point with the Fae, nothing else. Unless Nate could identify her. But also putting him there, where someone could easily light him up?” A shake of his head, a click of his tongue.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Remi watches blur feathers line his friend's shoulders and work their way down, knowing well the sort of unease that causes that sort of thoughtless half-shift. The Alchemist scans the lines of the flood's face as he mentions he too has fallen out of grace with the Shield. "Must be something in the water." Remi notes bitterly. "Maybe Ronin...They...they're close, but they also share that same sort of.." Do-gooder-hero-thing, his silence seems to say.

Remi nods, agreeing that putting Nate in more danger isn't a good idea. "Are there any fae here? If...they are using the portals to come here and hurt the ascended...I wonder if the Voice wouldn't be able to put a stop to it." It's...a dangerous thing, what he's suggesting. If anything it'll have to be Sam and Nate who go, but even if they take it on themselves, blocking different races from using the portal seems like a bad precedent to set.

But it might be a necessary one.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Remi’s comment does spark a small smile along his face — both having apparently found their spots with the Shield on less than stellar terms. But as the Alchemist mentions Ronin, some dots click together, and yeah… Yeah, he can see it. “Perhaps. Deimos maybe?” As far as he knows he’s on okay terms with the man as of late. Both of them trying to figure out who’s doing it, and if Amalia knows… Wouldn’t Deimos like to know as well? Or would she refuse to tell her husband too?

It’s all so fucking complicated.

At least Remi doesn’t want the Ascended here in the line of fire as well, and for that he’s silently thankful. But the mention of the voice cutting off a race from it? Well… Wouldn’t that be something? He’s unsure of Sam’s relationship with the goddess as of late, but knows Nate’s stance on the matters, and he mulls it over before deciding something that might cause far more trouble with his own goddess. “I can go, too. With Nate maybe and ask about it?” He has been wanting to try and see the Voice anyway, for reasons of a wedding gift for Nate. But between the lava octopi and trauma of everything else, well, he simply hadn’t the time. “For safety.” But if it meant that the Voice could block off other races... Well. Again, it was complicated.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"I'm not even sure Deimos and I are friends?" Remi rubs at one of his eyes. "I think we were friendly once, but I"m not sure I'm the best person to mention to him that his wife is keeping that sort of secret." Letting his hand drop, he raises a brow as he looks towards the flood as if to ask, are you?

"I know I don't need to say it, but...be careful." Remi's visits with the voice have shockingly been nothing but cordial, if not bordering on pleasant. That though, he thinks is the real danger. "I think...the fact she comes across so reasonable whereas the old gods and heralds seem so..distant and vague..." Trailing off with a sigh, Remi was hoping he'd know where that sentence was going by the time he got to the end of it; But no Michael Scott is he so it just fades away.