We never painted by the numbers [se]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

They hadn't decided they were going to do this, so much as boredom drove them to it. Boredom and death and ghosts that softly lingered.

"You know, you could help with this—" Remi calls from upstairs. Ronin is 'preparing snacks' and 'getting the table ready', but the Alchemist is almost positive that when he makes it back to the main room, he'll find Ronin in his underwear having a staring contest with Sugar, or something equally unhelpful. The thought of it brings a smile to his face, as he chuckles and does his best to carry their supplies from Ronin's 'craft room'.

Magic and strength are one thing, but canvases and art supplies are unwieldy at the best of times. An open bottle of glitter has already spilled down Remi's shirt, and many of the dried flowers he was trying to be so careful with had fallen, lining his wake with sad florals.
Who are you? They ask. Death?
Sometimes... I say. But not today
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN

It’s not a cRaFt rOoM - it’s a studio, and Remi will find more than just canvases and glitter lying around up there. Old paintings hide behind easels, and various half finished sketches hang out of books tucked untidily onto shelves. Paints, brushes, chalks, charcoals - it’s everywhere - and it’s almost a test, sending Remi up there. Is he going to come down looking like the room has spit him out? (Answer - obviously).

”I am helping!” Ronin calls back, sounding like his mouth is full. He’s helping with something, but it’s not what Remi’s asked for. Still, he does start padding up the stairs, a wine glass in hand, not in his underwear but absolutely absent of a shirt, grinning to his husband. ”Why Remi, you’re so sparkly,” he breathes, fluttering his eyelashes and leaning in to kiss his cheek. ”Okay, what’d you need help with?”
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

Remi groans loudly as Ronin meets him the stairs. Letting his eyes trickle up and down his husband's shirtless torso, the Alchemist clicks a note of dissatisfaction under his tongue. "Stop looking so handsome, I'm trying to be upset with you." He scolds, before shoving a box that appears to be filled with modelling clay, broken beads, and various-sized jars of...wax?

"That room of yours is like an obstacle course with a vendetta against anyone one enters." He mutters under his breath, making his way towards the table to deposit the rest of the paraphernalia in his arms. As he sets it down a cloud of glitter billows into the air, coating anything and everything it reaches, which includes the hair on Remi's arms, his eyelashes, and even a few of his teeth.

"I hope you brought another glass." Remi says, of Ronin's wine. "I think this is going to call for more than a shareable amount of wine."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN

”We all have our own crosses to bear,” Ronin says of his regrettable habit of looking so handsome, and he’s sipping at his wine again even as the box is thrust at him. Tucking it under one arm and humming a tone of ‘oh so that’s where that is’ as he examines the context of said box, he leads them back downstairs. Remi will be pleased to note that Ronin has made bacon sandwiches for them, and there’s a bottle of wine and another full glass already waiting for his husband on the counter.

Snorting at all the glitter (they’ll be eating it too, now, since it’s covered the sandwiches) Ronin gives Sugar a scritch under the chin where she’s eating the leftover bacon. ”Not a vendetta,” he corrects. ”It’s just everything has its place, and you haven’t learned yet where that place is.” Simple.

”You are right, though. There’s another bottle of wine for when we finish this one,” he murmurs, sidling up behind Remi to kiss his neck, raising an eyebrow at everything else he’s brought with him. ”Did you just grab whatever you fancied?” he inquires, taking a leather bound sketchbook and flicking through it briefly, before setting it down apart from their other materials.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

'How humbly you bear yours." Remi muses, finding his way down the stairs much more easily now that his vision isn't a largely obscured by random boxes of things. Already he smells what Ronin had been cooking, and it isn't just because of his underlying predatory instincts that his mouth begins to water.

Tilting his head back as Ronin comes to stand behind him, the Alchemist hums of note of what almost sounds like relief. His eyes have slipped shut, but Ronin's criticism of his choices makes them open into little slits before he tilts his chin back down to survey the things he's brought.

"Listen. I grabbed the things you asked for that I could find. And...I dunno, the rest of it just seemed like it wanted to be included." He wasn't saying Ronin's supplies had a sentience of their own, but he certainly wasn't not saying it either.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

”Humble is my middle name,” Ronin murmurs, smiling against Remi’s neck and delivering another kiss before he steps away. The box goes down onto the table, as does his wine glass, and he snags half of a sandwich to devour as they go through the rest of his supplies. The little wax jars, the broken beads, the glitter, all that comes out. So does a large ball of string, some thick sheets of parchment, a palette of paints and brushes and so on. Ronin swallows his bite of bacon and smirks to his husband.

”We should make bunting,” he informs him, picking up the wine again and cheersing Remi, taking a generous sip. ”Or maybe a paper lantern again, because we did so good at that last time.” Good was relative, but... hey. It’s fine.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Remi snorts, raising a brow at that. "Oh is it? Well, I'm glad there are still things for us to learn about one another." The Alchemist chuckles, grabbing the remaining half of Ronin's sandwich and nearly eating it in one bite. How long had it been since he'd eaten last? With the storm raging outside and the world a blur of sleeping and wandering about the house, it was hard to keep track of much of anything.

"What's that, a new position Sunjata's told you about?" Remi snickers with boyish amusement, having absolutely no idea what bunting is, but letting his mind unravel the word as it might apply to limbs and lips, rather than strings and wax. Uncultured man-child that he is, Remi dips the last bite of his sandwich into his wineglass before returning Ronin's cheers, happily devouring it with a hum of approval.

"And at least one flower crown. She was so excited with the one she was given.." Clearing his throat, Remi too takes a large sip of his wine, hoping it will wash away the flare of melancholy.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

Ronin doesn’t know what’s worse: that Remi doesn’t know his obviously-incredibly-accurate middle name, that he doesn’t know what bunting is, that he stole half his sandwich or that he’s just dipped it in wine. His expression is one of perplexed horror as he watches his husband go about his heathen ways, and he takes a very large gulp of his own wine to deal with the uncouth behaviour. ”I’m certainly learning about you right now,” he informs him, Sugar trilling her amusement by the frying pan.

Bunting,” he explains, ”looks like little triangle flags all connected up with string. You tie them up at festivals as a decoration.” A bit of charcoal has made it into Ronin’s hand, the Star quickly sketching out what it looks like, adding a small and adorable doodle of the two of them holding hands beneath it. ”See?”

Then Remi mentions flower crowns and their daughter and he nearly swallows the last of his sandwich without chewing it at all. ”At least one flower crown,” he agrees, reaching out to tug Remi down beside him, pushing the sketchbook out of the way so they could get started.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Shooting his husband an entirely innocent look—honestly, the wine only enhances the flavours and he isn't at all sure why Ronin hasn't thought to do this himself—Remi just looks over at Sugar, winking mischievously.

Looking down at the sketch, bits of crust dotting his lips along with a goodish amount of glitter, the Alchemist just narrows his eyes. "That isn't at all what I had in mind." He grumbles, reaching out a hand to smudge the charcoal drawing, using the powder on his fingers to embellish the figures of he and Ronin with anatomically exaggerated penises.

Reaching out with fingers pulsing with magic, the already-opened bottle of wine floats towards his open hand. Grabbing it and topping up their glasses, Remi sinks down next to Ronin. "I don't want to go to the festival." He says, unsure if it needed saying or not. "But we could put these up over her grave."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

”No?” Ronin grins, tilting his head up at his husband and letting out a laugh as his little doodle becomes a lot filthier. ”What was your idea of bunting, then? Let me guess, it’s a bit more like this...” He’s sketching again, and this time what starts to take shape is a lot more realistic. With quick strokes of charcoal, Remi suddenly appears, his expression one that Ronin has mapped out exactly - one that his husband might recognise from their various bedroom escapades. ”How about now?” He raises his eyebrows.

He reaches out to let Remi top up his glass, grabbing a pair of scissors to cut the lengths of string for both flower crown and bunting. His gaze growing a bit more melancholy, he nods. ”I don’t think I will ever attend Fiat Lux again,” he murmurs. ”But yes. We can decorate her grave with these. She’d like that, I think.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Though Remi can sketch well enough, Ronin is the true artist in the family. His strokes are in black, but the blush on the Alchemist's cheeks is quite a vivid pink as he grins and nods his agreement. "Mmhmm. That is absolutely more of what I had in mind." Gods how he loves this man. There is almost no one else, Remi thinks, that could navigate waters like these quite the way Ronin can. A tribute to their dead daughter, sprinkled through with mirth and love, neither of which detract from the seriousness of the task. No, the Alchemist thinks smiling adoringly at Ronin. It is absolutely you, for me.

"No." Remi agrees with a nod, watching the way Ronin's fingers work the scissors, loving him evermore for the care in which he cuts out his ridiculous triangles. With his husband suitably distracted with his shapes, Remi reaches for the leather-bound notebook set apart from the rest of the supplies. Honestly, it might as well have had a glowing exclamation mark over it for how it demanded to be picked up.

"And what's thi—"

Opening the page, the words died in his throat. He'd expect drawings of Vanya, honestly. Or the sea, or...well. Well, not this. Swallowing stupidly, Remi's eyes rise from the pages across to Ronin.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

”You know, I thought it would be,” Ronin says with a sunny smile, abandoning the half-finished sketch to concentrate on what they’d decided to do. Even so, he’s blushing a bit as well as he reaches for another sip of wine; not from the subject matter - that hardly bothers him - but his husband’s smile is enough to fluster him any day of the week. And the bastard knows it, too. Still, engrossed as he is with his supremely fantastic and not at all ridiculous triangles, he doesn’t notice Remi with the sketchbook until it’s already in his hands.

Snipping right through the centre of the triangle by accident, Ronin tries to stop the Alchemist with a mix of hand flailing and an assortment of noises that try and fail to be words, but fuck if it isn’t too late. His cheeks are flushed a real crimson now, Ronin laughing awkwardly and rubbing at the back of his head. ”I’ve been working on it when I have the time,” he says - an attempt at an explanation.

The book is filled with Remi, some in pencils or charcoals, others in paint. Where there are colours it’s in Ronin’s usual style (i.e nothing belongs in a traditional palette, expressing emotion rather than reality), and they span through the mundane - the Alchemist deep in concentration over his workbench, watching the sea through the bay window, napping on the couch - all the way to the spectacular - Remi in flight on a manticore’s wings, or turning sand to glass with fire magic.

”I did say I loved you.” Ronin shrugs bashfully.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

It's a rare thing, to be cherished in this way. Perhaps Remi hasn't realized how self-conscious he is about his value to his husband, but seeing himself portrayed in various states and postures—none of which seem immediately interesting (he's still in a section that are of his hands on books, or the curve of his shoulder beneath a blanket)—it almost seems to him like a mockery of Ronin's skill and talent that it should be so wasted on him.

Drawing in a shaky breath, his expression focused and almost darkly fascinated as he flips through, his fingers flinch as they happen upon a page that feels more like a mirror just now than a sketch. It's a blur of charcoal, though some elements are so very crisp that the Alchemist fanciest he could touch them: individual eyebrow hairs amidst a sweep of colour reflected light in his eyes that makes him think there should be a sun on the opposite page. Swallowing hard, he looks up at Ronin, lips slightly parted.

He opens his mouth to say something, but no words come out. He's confused and flattered and worried and so very fucking in love, that all he can do is reach forward to pull Ronin to him, his fingers around the back of the Star's neck. Pressing their foreheads together, Remi laughs under his breath. It's a wonderfully joy-filled sound that's abruptly ruined by the sound of bright squawks of confusion.

In the living room a hel has apparently thought their open window served as an open invitation to hide away from the storm for a while.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN

Remi’s silence doesn’t help, and Ronin finds himself subconsciously worried that he hasn’t done his husband justice in his work, that Remi doesn’t see anything in the sketches other than a misrepresentation of something that is so much more. So when the Alchemist surges forward, pressing their foreheads together, Ronin can’t do much other than smile, setting down the scissors to reach up and caress the back of the Alchemist’s hand.

Then, obviously, a hel decides to interrupt them in quite a spectacular fashion. ”If you’ll excuse me a moment,” he murmurs to his husband, kissing the corner of his mouth before rising to his feet to head into the living room. His gentle tone turns to frustrated cursing fuelled by the wine in his system, the Star corralling the stupid hel back around towards the open window.

His frustration means he shoots off a starbolt or two in an attempt to get the thing to MOVE - both go out of the window, luckily, rather than setting the house aflame - and the bird flaps its way to freedom with about as much of a fuss a Ronin can expect. ”You’re lucky you’re too scrawny to eat!” Ronin yells after it.