unfold your menu
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
Seeing as Oliver had just lugged around the crate that weighed a shit ton, he might as well stay around and treat himself.

While Phoebe wasn't around right this moment, something made Oliver pause as he made his way towards the exit. Raising an eyebrow, Oliver turned back around and moved to stand awkwardly at the desk.

A few minutes would pass and he would find himself turning around and leaning back against it. Well, he obviously couldn't just waltz on back there, yeah? Then again, he had stayed here during LongNight... fuck, where was Phoebe? Maybe Oliver was oblivious (probably the case) but he didn't see a bell or anything! So how was he supposed to alert her of his arrival? Whatever. He could wait around, yeah.

Wasn't there a menu or something?

Thank goodness business wasn't super active right now because man did he look awkward. And thank goodness he wasn't looking like other things either.

Remi
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Remi's voice at the top of the stairs is hushed but affectionate. His curls are still wet, though given that he's now freshly dressed in what are clearly someone else's clothes, he looks more like he's just come from a shower, rather than what he'd actually been doing.

Padding casually down the main stairs, his bare feet making hushed sounds on the floorboards, he spies Oliver loitering near the door as he descends. "Oliver?" He calls down, sounding unsure. It certainly looked like the blacksmith, but he was a long, long way from home if that was the case. Especially during monsoon season, Torchline was not the most welcoming place to be.

Ruffling the towel through his curls one last time before beginning to fold it in his hands, he reaches the bottom of the stairs looking slightly amused.
honest feelings and bad timing
make the most painful combination.

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
The rumbling of voices at the top of the stairs went unheard. A mixture of how quiet Remi was speaking and the general ambiance of the brothel. It would've been a lovely warning as he had little time to prepare when a familiar voice called out his name.

Eyes widened as Oliver turned around to see Remi. Fumbling, his left hand grasped onto the desk behind him. "Remi!" His right hand raised in the air to wave. "Hello, nice to see you." Realizing just how awkward his gesture was, Oliver bit down on his lip and closed his fingers down into a fist before quickly dropping down the hand, which soon found its way to grasping onto the desk behind him.

And that's when it hit him.

Wait....

Wasn't Remi married? And not just married, no. Married married. Like, have pet names for each other and actually stay married, not the awkward forced marriage like what happened with Sunjata and Phoebe. No. Really married married. Ronin and Remi were absolutely into that lovey-dovey shit, totally. They had a kid (had is a keyword) and probably bought each other birthday gifts and everything.

Tapping his foot, Oliver gave the man an awkward smile. "So! What brings you here?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

Oliver was a bit awkward and odd to be around most of the time, so the Alchemist doesn't read too much into the man's clumsy greeting. They are in a brothel, after all. It's a strange place to bump into someone. "Why, the company, of course." He replies with a boyish grin. Folding up the towel neatly, he places it on Phoebe's desk. Someone will likely be by to fetch it, and if not? Well it's pouring out. It'll go to good use at some point, he's quite sure.

"How about you? You're a long way from home." He's either here for sex, or something else. If it's the former Remi will happily leave him to it. Remi wouldn't have pegged Oliver for being desperate enough to brave a monsoon just to get a bit of companionship, but then, he'd been with Ronin so long that he didn't have to think about those sorts of needs anymore. Perhaps if he was single he'd find himself surprised the lengths he'd go to to fill his bed.

Blacksmith

Change author:
If Oliver's eyes could get any wider, they would. Wait... were... were Remi and Ronin married? Oliver's face soon relaxed once the surprise was gone. Okay... maybe they had an open relationship? Of course, yes. That absolutely makes the most sense, really. Then again, maybe Remi and Phoebe were just spending time together as friends! Tons of possibilities. It was all okay no matter what. Oliver knew that Remi wouldn't do this without a reason and it was also not his job to be invasive.

It gave him enough time to relax before the question was thrown back to him. "Oh! Well, uh.... I owed Phoebe some payment and she asked for me to make her some things for the workers here, some kitchen things. I placed it over behind the curtain." Was it hot in here? Did Remi know about his shop? Surely he did. "So, you know, I finished it up and decided to bring it on over. Thought I'd rest for a bit before heading back out, don't want to accidentally get caught in some intense rain, especially when my arms are a bit sore from carrying that much stuff." It'd be some really bad luck if it started pouring rocks down right this moment.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"Well that's nice of you. I'm sure she—and everyone else here—will appreciate it." It was at that moment that James sauntered out, flashing the Alchemist a bright and charming smile, before muttering something filthy under his breath in an effort to encourage the governor into his room. "Maybe another time." Remi replies with a roll of his eyes, before looking back to Oliver. For his part, James winks towards Oliver, before disappearing back from where he came.

"Well, you've certainly picked the right place to rest.' He says with a bit of a grin, fixing Oliver with a fairly pointed, and knowing look. "The perfect place, in fact." Remi adds with a chuckle, raising a brow.

Blacksmith

Change author:
Eyes shifted as James entered the room. "No- yeah, I really hope so." Oliver was a tad bit more distracted now, surprised to see the man he once met during his first LongNight was here- at the brothel. Was he a worker here? "It's my first time making 'em so I hope it turned out well." It was even more surprising when James specifically addressed Remi only to be told no- it would have to wait for later.

Well...damn.

Oliver himself was only offered a wink before the fellow Irishman disappeared. His eyes moved back over to Remi. Only a faint hue of a blush, mostly due to his surprise, painted his cheeks. "Hey... it wasn't my original intention of coming here, trust me." He was being honest with that comment. Oliver didn't come here initially with the plan of staying around for a while, it was only when he entered the building that the idea really... came to mind.

He might as well be a bit more honest with the man. "I doubt I could do much of anything without Phoebe here seeing as she runs this whole place." There's a shrug before he moves on to other conversations.

Bringing back up the monsoons, Oliver decides to at least offer his help. Maybe afterwards he'd be able to reward himself with another trip back here. "How have you been holding up? The monsoons been okay to live with? I can help out with anything you want me to, seeing as I'm already here." And seeing as he was already here, might as well make a big trip out of this.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Remi says with a reassuring smile and a small chuckle. If the things he made didn't work out, Phoebe would just send for more.

Raising a brow and looking entirely mischievous as Oliver defends his presence here, the Alchemist merely crosses his arms, fixing the blacksmith with an amused look. "Well, you don't need to wait for Phoebe...and I doubt she'll be down for a bit." He murmurs, having just come from her apartment. But even so, the madame didn't make the schedule. Her workers were more than capable of choosing their own clients. "You just...well, you ring that bell, and someone will come out. If they're to your liking, then great. If not, they're usually able to recommend someone." The Alchemist shrugs. He helped set up this place after all, he certainly knows how it works.

"Yeah, more or less. The town really came together to make sure that everyone was looked after. Ronin and I are going a bit mad being cooped up all day in the house though."

Blacksmith

Change author:
Those were words Oliver absolutely needed to hear. A small nod and a slight smile. "Yeah... you're right, thank you Remi." Fully sincere and clearly much calmer now, Oliver's shoulders visibly relaxed and he already looked 10 times calmer before... which is a lot seeing as Oliver is almost always awkward and freaked out over something.

Once more, Remi's words reign true and Oliver finds his mind running fast now, the gears shifting and plans coming into place. "Oh, thank you... that helps me out a lot... and also explains a lot." A failed attempt at a joke as Oliver cracks a much larger smile. While he wasn't about to grow enough balls to slam that bell right this moment, he may just have to do that later on. For now, he had company and wasn't about to up and ditch Remi in this moment.

It seemed Torchline had things mostly under control, which was fantastic. "Yeah. So much has changed since I was last here and honestly, it's pretty damn impressive I'll say. I mean... when did those canals come in?" Oliver had been meaning to ask about them and seeing as Remi was governor, surely he'd have a pretty good explanation.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come out here and help out with monsoon season. If there's any damage, be sure to get into contact with me... I'll see if I can make anything in my shop to help you guys out with repairs." A small offer and just to sweeten the deal, he'd throw in one final line. "And it's free of charge... it's the least I could really do." While Oliver didn't live in Torchline, it felt like he owed them at least a small bit of help if anything went wrong. Charging for natural damages felt wrong and in a world as chaotic as Caido, it only felt fitting to do what he could do help out whenever possible.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Shaking his head with a bit of a chuckle, the Alchemist merely nods. He thinks Oliver is the type who could benefit greatly from having a sidekick. Or being the sidekick. Someone to encourage him, to push him to do things he otherwise wouldn't, and just to prove a bit of support. While Remi doesn't think Oliver will find precisely that in the brothel, certainly there are many within who will help soothe Oliver's other insecurities.

"Oh, a few weeks ago." Remi replies, a thoughtful expression crossing his face as he shrugs. "Yeah, we're slowly working on implementing some ideas we've had in the works." He adds.

With a boyish shake of his head, Remi waves his hand at the young blacksmith. "You don't live here Oliver, I didn't expect any help. And Torchline is pretty good at taking care of herself." He says with a roguish grin. Still, he nods his appreciation at the offer, though very much doubts he'll take it. If anything, the work should go to those in Torchline who do need compensation. But Oliver's offer is kind.

"Well, I'll leave you to it, then." He says, stepping away from the bannister and offering Oliver a wink.

Blacksmith

Change author:
Maybe Oliver could benefit from such a thing, but for the time being Oliver would remain in his turtle like shell, relying on things he had seen and heard of from others. There were many opportunities he had missed due to his own insecurities and lack of ability to truly act on those tiny little thoughts in his head. Someday, maybe, things would get better, but for now he was flourishing in... unique avenues.

There is a nod of appreciation and Oliver is incredibly impressed. "Damn you guys did a really good job. It turned out super nice." Oliver could only hope to see such things appear in the Grounds. Obviously, it wasn't going to be a gigantic canal, but maybe they could get some impressive things underway there too!

Remi's words are kind and help Oliver to relieve the stress of not being able to help. "Of course," It's simple and Oliver knows not to fight the Governor on how he runs his land. Honestly, things are going great under Remi's leadership and it makes Oliver happy to see just how well things seem to be going for Remi. It's a sign of greatness and Oliver can only hope Remi truly is happy with this new life.

It seems to be time for Remi to depart and the parting words cause the light blush to return to his face. "You know where to find me if you need me.... maybe I can make you something nice in my shop, just give me the go-ahead and I'll try my best." Oliver could already envision so many incredible things that would be great for Remi, but he was getting ahead of himself. Far too ahead.

Once Remi hopefully leaves, Oliver would glance around a bit, cautiously making sure that nobody was staring at him, before ringing the bell. Clearly ready to enjoy himself for a while.

FIN....?