blue hue
for Bastien
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It had been far too long since Oliver had last visited the Guild. It felt wrong to visit so soon after LongNight even though he desperately wanted to be there to comfort Bastien, help him out in any way necessary, but he held himself back. The man needed time to grieve and it wasn't until late into the season that Oliver finally decided on visiting. Filling up a basket with a variety of things, Oliver set out towards the guild.

The basket was pretty simple. It had a pendant he had created in his shop, something simple. A circle with markings and etching engraved into it resembling vines and leaves. Along with it was a bottle of wine that he had painted the sides of. It was still filled with the liquid and although the man couldn't enjoy the drink, Oliver hoped he would appreciate the painting Oliver had created. It was made to be painted like a night sky with slightly accurate constellations and a variety of dark hues. Finally was a collection of bright and multicolored gems. Not one was identical nor similar in any way. All were nicely cleaned and well taken care of.

Arriving at the building, Oliver found the door open and made his way inside. Taking in a deep breath, Oliver steadied himself before calling out. "Bastien? It's Oliver."

Bastien
i saw that my life
was a vast glowing empty page
and i could do anything i wanted
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Bastien was 'cleaning', though he had been distracted so many times from the task that it was getting hard to justify the word. In the time since Longnight the Sanctuary had admittedly gotten messy, a mix of neglect and angry refusal to do anything about it leaving it in a state. As much as Bastien was still not always in the mood to sort it all out, he knew it wasn't a good environment for a child; he had forced himself to start, tidying up scattered things he'd dropped halfway through tasks, dusting the dark shelves.

Azrael stayed in a crib by the door (he'd heard once that fresh air was good for babies, and while that probably didn't count for Ascended babies, he felt like it was still nice); he let some relaxing music play and was lost in his own world, thinking and moving things around, entirely absorbed in the work until there was a voice at the door.

"Oh--Hello, Oliver." He said after a moment, pulling himself out of his thoughts and stepping close to the door to move Azrael's crib so that Oliver could come into the room. "What is it you need? I don't mind giving supplies or letting you use the space, but I'm not sure I am up to giving any advice nor lessons, at the moment."
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Eyes drift down inside the crib as Bastien moves it. This is his first time seeing Bastien and Rexanna's child- and his first time ever seeing an Ascended child. A small smile forms on his lips and part of him wants to reach down and interact with the child, but he holds himself back. No- he can ask to do that later.

His mind runs with ideas but he pushes them away momentarily, instead focusing on the man in front of him.

Turning his head back towards the Ascended, Oliver properly makes his way inside the Guild. Raising a hand, Oliver does a simple wave motion. "No no, don't worry. No lessons needed right now." While Oliver always loved to learn from the artist, now was absolutely not the time to even consider asking for it. "I actually... just wanted to bring you some things and to offer my company." Holding out the basket, Oliver offered the man a soft smile.

There were plenty of things Bastien could enjoy alone, but he would always be happy to accompany the man for the time being. "I also... want to offer you some things for your child and the guild... should there be anything you need, I can absolutely make it in my shop." The child was what Oliver had in mind the most, but there could always be things Bastien may desire for the guild itself. Whatever Oliver could do to help the man out would be completed as soon as possible.
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Bastien was relieved to hear that Oliver didn't want any teaching at the moment: he could barely summon the passion to pick up a paintbrush for his own amusement, never mind to show anyone else. As it turned out, Oliver actually was here to give him a gift, which was a surprise; he had not expected anyone to bring him anything. Bastien took the basket, leaning it against a shelf as he peeked inside.

"Oh, how beautiful!" Appreciatively he picked out the wine and turned the bottle over in his hands, turning it to the light to better see the painting. Once he had inspected it thoroughly he looked at the pendant and the stones, similarly holding them up to the light to see them better and appreciate their colours, making appropriately impressed noises as the tones of each were revealed. "Oliver, these are lovely. They should absolutely help when I come to reopen the Sanctuary fully - I was hoping to put on some kind of display. The pendant I shall wear right now." He slipped it over his head, positioning it in the open 'v' of his shirt on his chest.

As Oliver mentioned Azrael Bastien realised the two had not officially met, so he motioned for his guest to come further into the room. "I am fine for the moment, but please do feel free to stay a while...and here--" He went to the crib and gently picked up his child, holding them close to his chest as he walked back to Oliver. "--do say hello. They might be a little cranky, woken from their nap, but.." He held out the child towards Oliver, Azrael fussing and reaching out with their tiny hands towards the new person.
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver watched with wide eyes as Bastien started to search through the basket. The moment Bastien started speaking, Oliver's heart melted. A smile grew on his lips and he felt himself blushing, so touched by the initial words. It only become more heartfelt and the compliments intensified, only making the smile on his face grow even more, along with the pride that was fluttering in his chest.

And then Bastien put on the pendant.

And then Bastien put on the pendant.

That alone made Oliver completely fall apart inside. To hear such praise from a man he looked up to and to know his gifts may have added some light to the man's dark life was all Oliver needed and more.

It took him a second to snap out of it, but he was soon greeted once more by Bastien and... a baby. His face softened and Oliver gently plucked the baby from Bastien's hands, placing one hand under the infant's body and the other delicately securing Azrael against his chest. "Well... hello there, I'm Oliver." He felt himself moving a small bit, his upper body swinging back and forth ever so slightly. "You really are an absolutely adorable little thing." Then he turned his attention back to Bastien.

"If you ever need a babysitter I know I'd always be down. I could even turn into a little fox. Nice small and fluffy." All babies loved fluffy things, of course. Any baby that didn't wasn't a baby at all. "And... do you think now would be a good time for a drink?" A smile cracked on his lips once more and Oliver offered the man a wink before returning to look back at Azrael.
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Completely unawares of the effects his putting on the pendant had (after all, they went around the neck, and Bastien was too absent minded to put it anywhere else at the moment), he watched as Oliver took Azrael, gently making sure he was supporting the child at the right points with soft hands. The baby seemed happy enough to rest on Oliver for the moment, reaching to fiddle with his shirt and wiggling their legs about as they tried to get comfy: seeing that they were secure, Bastien smiled and stood back.

"Ah, thank you. I have been inundated with offers of babysitting...I suppose everyone wants to see you, mm, my little apple?" He asked Azrael, smiling as he lightly ruffled their hair. "If I do need it, I will let you know...though the Voice did inform me that Azrael will grow quicker than the average child, so perhaps they will soon be old enough to care for themselves. I do not know how quickly it takes effect." It made him a little sad to think of losing his baby sooner than was normal, but their birth had been a miracle granted by the Voice in the first place, so he would not moan.

Bastien was a bit surprised to hear Oliver ask for a drink while he was holding a baby, but he wasn't one to deny people pleasures (as long as they put infants down first). "Oh, if you would like; come and sit on the couch, I will put Azrael down again -- what would you like?"
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
His eyebrows raise and Oliver finds himself even more intrigued. "Really? How fast do they seem to be growing so far?" Oliver had quickly picked up on the usage of 'they' seeing as Oliver was unsure at first if it was okay to even ask what gender- er pronouns- to use. This was his first time ever dealing with a baby born of two ascended individuals- people who normally couldn't have a baby. It was a strange ordeal and something he knew absolutely nothing about. "Must be fun figuring out clothes in that case... I'm sure your dad has been buying you tons of cute and stylish clothes." At first Oliver addressed Bastien before he turned his full attention to the child, talking directly to them to obviously include them in on the conversation.

Oliver would've waved his hand in the air if he wasn't holding the baby in his hands. "I can put them back no problem if you're okay with that." If Bastien would allow him to, Oliver would move to gently place Azrael back into the crib but if the man didn't want him to, Oliver would immediately understand and pass over the infant so that he could instead make his way over to the couch.
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
"Mmm..." Bastien looked at his child, tilting his head from side to side as he tried to gauge their age in normal human terms. "It seems they are, occasionally, skipping a few months of development. Right now...well, they are actually only a season old, but they seem to be about a year." He didn't know if Azrael would keep ageing at a regular rate, or if it would change as they got older.

As for buying clothes, he laughed and shook his head. "I have resorted to making quick and easy loose clothing they can grow into myself. I used to make my own clothes in Venice, when I was especially poor - not the neatest stitching, but I don't think Azrael cares too much." Maybe when they were older and no longer growing at a rapid rate, they could go to the market to buy long term outfits.

Bastien reached to take Azrael from Oliver, able to tell that they weren't in the mood for more naps at the moment, and went to use one hand to get out a glass and some wine from the cupboard, having grown quite proficient at doing things one-handed in the last months. "Things are so bad you need to drink, hm? How has life been treating you, Oliver?"
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A deep hum of thought. "I wonder when they will stop aging, in that case... did the Voice mention that at all?" The Voice was not someone liked, not at all. He's never really been a fan of her and so far, nothing has happened to make him any better. Despite this, he tried to avoid showing it in his voice, remaining calm and centered as he asked about the goddess. His problems with the goddess were not related to the Ascended individuals and he saw no point in ever mentioning them to really anyone.

His eyes widened and he leaned closer towards Bastien. "You... made your own clothes? Really?" It wasn't a total surprise, but it did catch Oliver off guard. It was a small piece of Bastien's history that Oliver didn't know. It was always fascinating to learn about the past lives of the Outlanders; there were always small surprising things to keep him going. "I understand where you're coming from... my mom or older sister taught me how to sew- or maybe it was a grandma... either way, I helped to patch up clothes and make basic stuff." It was far from fancy, but Oliver knew exactly what Bastien was talking about.

Without arguing, Oliver passed the infant back on over to Bastien. A huff of laughter and Oliver shakes his head. "Man... just a lot of thinking and shit, you know? Plus, I haven't really allowed myself to slow down and fuck is it taking a toll on me... hardly had the time to do art or really anything just for fun." It was all about working or taking care of the manor or trying to get business. Oliver loved his work and helping others, but he was growing so tired and all he wanted was to relax with someone with a nice drink in hand. "I guess I just wanted a night off... and I know you're someone who I like spending time with." Bastien was a kind individual and he seemed to help Oliver feel calm. It was a nice feeling and he had missed his time with the artist.
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Bastien hummed, never having actually asked the Voice when he could expect his child to stop growing. "Probably when they are an adult...I would say likely an approximation of one's early to mid twenties? That is the level of maturity I would want to keep, in Azrael's position." While the Voice had taken away any of the aches and stiffness of age, he did sometimes wish he'd gotten to preserve his body earlier: there were lines around his eyes and mouth that showed those extra few years.

He raised his eyebrows, caught off guard by Oliver's surprise; it had been commonplace, among the poor in his time, to make your own clothing. "Yes? My mother taught me when I was a boy, only simple things like shirts and pants...going to a tailors was often something left to the more wealthy merchants." There was a disdain in his voice that said well enough, without him needing to voice it, what he thought of those who could afford fitted pants in Venice. "It seems you did the same, so why the surprise?"

Taking Azrael back and gently going to set them down in their crib comfortably, he listened as he made sure they were positioned correctly. "..Thinking about what? What is it you are so busy with?" Bastien asked, a little confused. "If you are feeling so burnt out, your current system must not be working."
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a nod of understanding. "Yeah... I don't know how I feel about the idea of getting really really old... like white hair looks extremely great on me now, but imagine when it's just the 'normal'." It was an obvious attempt at a joke, poking fun at his blonde hair that was practically white. "If they're already a year old... shit, give it maybe a couple of years... damn. All that shit happening so fast is gonna be a lot for the kid." It really was. Bastien and Oliver were able to process aging in a normal fashion. Meanwhile, Azrael was growing at practically four times the rate as them.

Oliver bites down on his lip and shakes his head. "Sorry- that came out wrong... it's kind of like... I guess I'm happy to find someone in a similar position to me? I mean... you're the person with the closest thing to what I remember my earth being like." It's clearly hard for him to explain, his eyebrows scrunching and his mouth turned down almost into a frown.

Ah yes, more questions. Leaning on back, Oliver thought for a moment before speaking. "You know... I guess I just want to be super helpful and whenever I get upset or stressed I just make myself work on the manor. I clean or I try to find any way to make it look better than before... and I also have my blacksmith shop to take care of too." It probably didn't make any sense to Bastien, a guy who always seemed to know exactly what to do. "And just... thinking about life... mostly my past." Damn. This was getting a tad bit too intense.

Huffing out a bit of laughter, Oliver looked back at Bastien. "Sorry to dump all that on you."
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
"Age is what you make it, and you are very young, Oliver." Bastien said gently, with the wisdom of his extra decade, though of course he himself had in part Ascended for the appeal of eternal youth and life. Still, before that had been an option, he had always welcomed the changes of age with open arms, as long as they came at the appropriate time, not rushed by Goddesses giving out curses. "As for Azrael...they are prepared. They are not a normal person like you and I, but a Demi-God made for growing this way." He looked to his child, his pride and joy, in the crib: even at this age, there was an oddly aged wisdom in their eyes.

He softened at the explanation for the odd turn of phrase, understanding how it felt searching for a connection to the place you'd once known. "I see. I must admit as the years go by here, I am beginning to feel more and more as if my time in Venice was an odd dream, somehow, even though it is the majority of my life." Bastien had certainly lived more in Caido, in terms of hardships and extreme joy.

Holding his hands up in a gesture to show he didn't mind Oliver venting, Bastien still wasn't much closer to understanding what the problem was. Sitting down on the couch and leaning back, he raised an eyebrow and tried to get a little deeper. "So you clean and you work in your shop, but you are not enjoying this?" He asked. "And your past...what is it you think of?"
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There's a huff and a playful roll of his eyes. "Yeah yeah, old man, I know." He tries to keep it light, showing that he doesn't mean to be rude. "It's weird enough that I've had two whole ass birthdays here in Caido... like fuck I'm getting old." One was like, a month after his arrival, but it absolutely counted. Nothing happened when he had those birthdays, it wasn't something he ever mentioned to anyone. It didn't really matter anyway, it was just a day that marked him officially turning a year older.

Glancing over to the child, Oliver offers a nod. "Glad to know they are set up for success... I know it'll help that they will be a natural... do they already know about all the lore and animals and stuff? Seeing as you know, they are a demi-god and all." It was a silly question, one he voiced to try and maintain some positivity in the conversation... which absolutely fucking failed.

A light shake of his head. "No, not really... it's always so quiet in the manor... it feels so big and empty... and then the shop doesn't have visitors for a majority of the day." The more memories he had of home, the more worry he had for those he left behind. The regrets he had. "I... I know I had a family... and I just hope they're okay, you know? There's no way I'll ever know for sure... but I wish there was." It's soft and quiet. It isn't something he really wants to bring up- it's not like he can do anything about it.

"I guess... I don't know. I miss the days where I didn't have to worry about things, I could just speak with people." When he wasn't constantly alone. It was mopey shit and Oliver was so embarrassed he even said it in the first place. So childish and weak.
i saw that my life
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
While Bastien did still cringe a bit at 'old man', he couldn't really argue it; compared to Oliver he may as well have been, and given that he was immortal now? He supposed his real age was irrelevant. He was there long before Oliver and fortune willing, he'd be there long after. "If you feel old now, I have some terrible news for you about the future."

Oliver's question made him pause; Bastien looked at his child with a curious eye. "Given they can't speak as of yet, it is hard to know...They may well be aware of the world, though." He could see the Voice doing something like preprogramming a baby with knowledge of the world around them; it was a little disappointing to think he might not be able to teach Azrael too much, but it was also exciting to think he might have a prodigy.

He considered Olivers problem. It wasn't really unique: most people were lonely at some point in their lives; what Oliver did have was a unique chance at a solution. "Then why don't you put the manor to use? Invite the new Outlanders to live there. They can help with the cleaning, will put life in the house and you will be less lonely. It's similar to what I did, in the Sanctuary." Pretend to be a saviour, while you save yourself.

With that said, he clapped his hands together. "I'm afraid I think I'm going to rest for a while. It has been...a tiring season, I am sure you understand. Feel free to stay in the studio, of course."

{FIN}
(Ending this because it's pre-sick now!)
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous