heart of gold
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Spotted paws carefully made their way through the bush. Making sure to be as quiet as possible and sniffing for anything that was new. There were small things- some rats and small rodents, but they were far too small to be appealing at this moment. No, he was hoping for a much larger game.

A much larger game was... one way to describe what he smelled. Amun. It was a bit confusing at first- very humanoid and something he recognized. But surely, that was purely a coincidence. There were many explanations, including that the man had been there recently or that he left behind something.

Padding along, Oliver moved towards the smell onto he saw him. It was Amun, no doubt about it. Rather than shifting immediately, Oliver waited and watched to see if now was even a good time to approach the man.

Amun
one lil short quote goes here!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
It was not a good time to approach Amun.

He'd been keeping a low profile of late. However, his business was still active enough. He'd unfortunately run out of some of the pigments he used in his glazes, and none were found at the Artist's Sanctuary.

So he'd stolen out to the Woodland to see if he could find any of the plants, or, failing that, some substitute. However, he'd been so focused on the ground that he hadn't been paying attention to the trees. So when a strange object dropped down and began wrapping itself around his neck and arms he started flailing like a madman.

Although he didn't need to breathe, instinct was hard to break. "Get. Off," he choked out, trying (and failing) to remove the hanging snake that he couldn't see off his back.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Golden eyes widen as Amun begins to flail and talk to something that is attacking him. His eyes track around his body before they move upwards to see the slick body of a snake- one of the pesky little shits. They had been easy to deal with before: Oliver had failed to kill one but managed to come out completely unharmed.

This shouldn't be too hard.

Shifting into his bird form, Oliver flies up towards the beast before shifting into his fox form seconds away from making contact.

Small claws grasp onto the snake and he tries to bite down into the beast. It would've been easy to just cut it with a blade but Oliver didn't want to risk startling Amun or making things any worse. Instead, all the man would see is a flash of feathers before a small fox was hanging above his head (hopefully), grasping onto the snake and trying to make it let go.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Flailing about as he was, Amun wasn't paying that close attention to his surroundings. Despite his best efforts, he wasn't able to dislodge the snake. Then, suddenly, there was a lot more wildlife around. A flash of movement and feathers resolved itself into the shape of a fox (one that he'd seen before, thankfully).

Unfortunately, something else had been drawn by the Ascended's distress. Another flash of movement was a tiny shark launching itself from the ground to try and bite down on the snake. However, Zhanshi turned his body to try and knock Oliver away, assuming the tiny fox was a new attacker.

Amun's eyes widened as the fierce feeling from his companion flowed through their bond. "Zhanshi, no! Friend! No biting." The stern tone was a familiar sound, given how prone the landshark was to bite eveyrthing it encountered.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Fighting such a small and mostly defenseless creature proved to be absolutely easy. The snake seemed to release Amun no problem, allowing Oliver to simply hang on for a second as he scoped out the area, figuring out a place for him to jump on down to.

This, unfortunately, meant that he was a prime target for a ferocious attack from a certain little companion. The lack of Oliver really preparing for such an attack meant that the shark's attempt to knock him away was an absolute success.

Oliver was struck just enough for him to let go from the snake where he would come tumbling to the ground. Panicking, Oliver shifted midair back into a human and crashed into the grass. A loud groan left his body and, well, he looked a bit like shit. His face was down towards the ground, one hand was clenching the ground and the other was sprawled out. his legs were equally tangled in an awkward mess. Flipping himself over with another groan, Oliver rolled over so he was sitting on the ground.

"Mighty fine companion ya got there." There was a huff of laughter and he worked towards fixing up his hair. "How do I look?"
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun used a bit of his enhanced speed to grab at Zhanshi. Giving the landshark a firm and reproving look, the Ascended spoke in an authoritative, yet somehow long-suffering tone. "Zhanshi. You know the rules. No biting without permission " Receiving a disgruntled feeling from his companion, the potter sighed.

Still, he released Zhanshi, who swam down to enter into the ground. Circling Amun's feet, the landshark's whole attention turned to Oliver. The potter did as well, turning to look at the hybrid and the snake the blonde man had rescued the Ascended from. "Thanks Ollie. Sorry about Zhanshi."

Bending down, Amun held his hand out to help Oliver up from where the other man had sprawled. "Who am I to critique the knight in shining armor that rescued me from the scary monster?" Although the potter's words were teasing, he was grateful for the assistance.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
This was a new side of Amun that Oliver had never seen and honestly, it was kinda cute. A hint of a smile danced on his mouth as he watched the little shark get scolded before it dashed off, 'swimming' back to exploring. Was it swimming? Oliver had never thought to ask but it didn't seem important enough to really matter.

A light shrug when an apology is given. "Hey, it's fine... I can understand why he wouldn't be too happy with me. I mean, you were being attacked, he was only trying to help." Really, Oliver didn't mind. He wasn't bothered at all, even when he was pretty banged up. It wouldn't take long at all to heal up, especially if he found someone with healing magic.

Reaching on up, Oliver grabbed onto his hand and carefully stood up, a bit slower than usual due to the aching of his body. "It's no problem, just glad I was here to help ya." At this point, he was fully smiling, just happy to see his friend again after being apart for so long. Were... were they friends? Oliver thought they were, but wasn't sure if the feelings were reciprocal.

Even if they weren't friends in Amun's eyes, Oliver would still go on to tease the man a small bit. "So... what got you here? Ya know, being all wrapped up by that pesky little snake." He leaned forward ever so slightly in a taunting way.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun sighed again, and gave his companion an exasperated but fond look. "He would've tried to bite you anyway. We're still working on the ground rules." Hearing the weary tone of the Ascended's voice, Zhanshi bit down on the potter's foot. Thankfully, he was wearing boots, and it was an affectionate nibble anyway.

Grinning faintly, he hauled Oliver up. "Lucky me. And now I know to look up and not just down in these woods." Letting go of the other man's hands, Amun scanned the foliage above. Satisfied there were no more snakes lurking, he returned his gaze to the blacksmith.

Shrugging, the potter gestured at the plants all around them. "Looking for some plants to make into a dye for my glazes. I ran out of my red pigments." Giving Oliver a curious look, the Ascended slipped his hands into his pockets. "And what brings you out here besides rescuing wayward wanderers?"
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Once more, Oliver doesn't seem to mind. "Well, I hope he's able to learn soon. He is quite a cute little feisty thing." Oliver would absolutely ask to give him a pet, but seeing as he was trying to nibble at Amun's shoes... yeah, that was absolutely not a good choice to make, not at all.

The playful mocking clearly was accepted and Oliver felt happy with himself, hopeful that he had diffused any stress Amun still had. "Of course. I've dealt with them myself. They... aren't too hard to deal with, really." Which would lead him to something else he'd need to ask Amun about in a bit.

A raise of his eyebrow and Oliver thought for a moment. "Would you like some help? I don't have any back at my place, but I can help you look if you'd be willing to." Oliver had the time and energy, so why not?

It was fair to ask Oliver in return his reasons for being out, especially in the woods. Another light shrug and Oliver explains it rather simply. "Had to get out, couldn't stand being cooped up inside... decided to maybe do some hunting, I need to practice with my shifts a bit more." Oliver needed to learn way more ways to work with his shifts and that meant going outside. It was all easy to understand to him and made perfect sense, not really needing much more of an explanation.

And now it was time to poke around a little bit. There was an edge to Oliver's voice, as if he wasn't the most happy that Amun was so at risk in that moment. Oliver cared a lot about Amun and he wanted the man to be safe. "Though, I must ask... do you not have a blade on you? And... have you not bitten anyone recently? I could get you a knife or..." He raised an eyebrow at the last part.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Kneeling down, Amun pet Zhanshi's fin every time it poked above ground. Deftly, the potter avoided the little landshark's attempts to nip the Ascended's fingers. "He's a shark. I think I'm stuck with the biting." Standing up with a laugh, he sent a pulse of affection through his bond with his companion.

Nodding at Oliver's words, Amun smiled. "Honestly, maybe it was just trying to say hi. I freaked out before I could determine its intentions." He shrugged, not really caring about the snake.

Shaking his head at the blacksmith's offer, the potter tapped right by one eye. "Night vision, remember? I'll be alright. Besides it's not particularly urgent." As the other man explained his own presence, the Ascended nodded. "What're you hunting?" There was a politely curious tone to his voice.

At Oliver's questions, Amun's eyebrow rose. Holding out one hand, a set of steel bracelets started shifting and moving seemingly of their own volition, rolling down his arm into his hand before forming into a dagger that he held easily. "I haven't bitten anyone recently, but I'm hardly defenseless. Why? You worried about me?" The words were teasing, but his eyes were sharp and his posture had grown cautious and defensive.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
A soft laugh leaves his lips as Oliver watches the attempts by the shark. "Of course, he seems kinda fitting for you, really." Both bite people, both are little cheeky devils. Tons of other things the two shared in common, of course, but why name them all? "I feel like I could enjoy having a companion myself... but nothing has ever really happened to me to find one, you know? Not even really sure how it happens, honestly." Everyone seemed to have a completely different experience from what Oliver could tell. At this point, he was unsure if it would ever happen, but things could change.

There is a playful roll of his eyes and Oliver shakes his head. "Of course, yes, he was just giving you a big ol' hug." Oliver knew it was probably the opposite, but hey, might as well joke around a small bit. The damn thing was pretty harmless so it wasn't any big loss.

Oliver actually had forgotten about the nightvision, causing him to nod. "Right, right yeah." Oliver would admit he had forgotten, only remembering that the Ascended were hurt by the sun. "Really? Any big game... I've only been able to kill some mice. Hoping to kill something that I could cook for a meal." Nobody wants rat stew. Nobody.

His eyes watch as the metal he helped to create shifts into a sharp blade before tracking right back up to look at Amun. Interesting, so he hadn't bitten anyone lately. His voice remains soft, but there is something to it: he hopes that the man understands what he is saying and intending. "Of course I'm worried... I don't want to risk anything happening to you and if I can prevent that, then I will absolutely offer my services." Either that being the blacksmith shop or his blood: both were available to the man.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Narrowing his eyes, Amun crossed his arms. "What, because we're both predators and monsters?" However, his eyes glittered with amusement, and his offense was entirely mocked. Shrugging, lowering his arms, he glanced down at his companion. The potter's expression softened as he gave Zhanshi an adoring look. "Not really sure how it happened either. Luck, I guess."

Grinning, he met the blacksmith's eyes. "I am very huggable, it's true. And not very edible."

Giving the other man a curious look, the Ascended frowned. "Big game?" Tone uncertain, he peered at Oliver. "Do you have any shifts that can take down big game?" Everything Amun had seen had been, well, kind of tiny.

Letting out a laugh, he shook his head. "Your services, huh?" There was something deeply amused about the words and his features. "I appreciate the offer, but like I said, I'm hardly defenseless." It was a polite refusal, and he smiled, nodding gratefully at Oliver for the offer.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Well- that was one way to interpret Oliver's words. "Nooo. You know I love ya mate... but no gay feelings." A snicker leaves his mouth and Oliver shakes his head. "Nah, I meant more of the bitey thing- and you both are pretty damn cheeky." Poking a little bit of some light fun.

Humming, Oliver glances up at the trees above them. "Hmm... do you think he knew that? Ya know, before he attacked you... I always considered he thought you were this big scary threat! And he just had to attack you." Oliver tries to act as dramatic as possible as he explains his belief of why Amun had been attacked.

Does... does Amun not know about his leopard shift? Raising an eyebrow, Oliver is clearly confused. "I have a leopard shift? Yeah, it's not a full sized leopard but I could totally kill a deer with it! And maybe something even bigger than that." Oliver wasn't exactly upset, more like he felt as though he were being challenged. "I could show you if you'd like?"

Amun refuses and Oliver, understanding, nods. "Sounds good, you know where my shop is." There is a small smile on his face before he continues on with a small step backwards. "How's about we go get those pigments? If you're okay with some company." Surely, Amun would be alright with Oliver tagging along.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun just raised his eyebrows again. "Uh huh." Slight doubt laced the words, but he let Oliver continue speaking. "Bitey and cheeky. That's me." Grinning, the potter watched as Zhanshi cautiously moved towards the blacksmith. "No biting." However, it came out more as a reflex, not as if the Ascended actually expected the landshark to listen.

At the other man's words, Amun waggled his fingers. "First I was bitey and cheeky, now I'm a big scary threat? I'm started to think I should be insulted." However, it was clear he wasn't bothered by the words in the slightest.

As his companion went to bite down on Oliver's foot, the potter sprang into action. Reaching out, he scooped Zhanshi up, making sure to clamp the landshark's mouth closed. Backing up, Amun returned the landshark to the ground.

Standing up, the potter nodded in understanding of the blacksmith's words as the Ascended's companion went back to circling. "If you want. I didn't realize you had a larger shift."

Nodding again, Amun glanced around the woods. "It's not gonna help you practice hunting though. Besides, I was planning to use my speed to make the search quick." His tone was apologetic and he shrugged, holding up his hands in a helpless gesture.
AMUN