Call it what you want
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

Why Remi was out on the bone bridge was hard to say. Perhaps it was because of what Mimora had once said, about the mists surrounding this place actually being magic. Grey magic specifically, not that Remi really understood the differences. Or perhaps it was because this was where that strange cloaked creature had shown up. It had asked them things and offered gifts—

—and then it had asked them to jump.

And Remi said he would, but of course with wings, what sort of a risk was that?

If he didn't have wings would he have said the same?

Looking over the side of the bridge, peering down into what looked like an eternity of white mist, Remi pondered that question exactly. Once upon a time in a library Jigano had told the alchemist he ought to take more care and be more cautious and Remi's initial reaction had been to wonder why. Why should he, alone in this place with no family and no person, be careful? Isla, Ronin, Vai, they would all miss him of course. But if there were risks to be taken, why shouldn't it be the least tied down of them?

Why not Remi?

And so here he was, peering over the bridge with his sketchbook at his side, contemplating what it might be like to fall and not spread his wings to save himself.

Instead of doing anything that foolish though, for the alchemist was ever obedient, he merely sat down, took out a stub of charcoal and his parchment, and began to make notes.

REMI
Traded my soul to free my mind, "can I go back to being blind?"
I ask myself one too many times
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sam
So please please please, let me get what I want this time
The Bone Bridge had been the site of a rather frightening moment for Samuel recently, but it was also where he had met a friend. The two things managed to balance out enough that he was comfortable going back there and wandered over during a long walk. Deepfrost was his favourite time to walk, when the sun was not so much of a problem and the snow around him seemed to cover the world in a blanket of quiet.

His walk stopped being relaxing when he saw Remi sat on the bridge, drawing. Sam only just knew the man, but the last time they had met he'd held his hand in a dark cave for a while then drunk in front of him; none of which was particularly good or anything he wanted anyone to remember.

With social anxiety immediately gripping at his chest, he froze, trying to work out if he'd made too much noise to sneak away unnoticed. He definitely had. He had been in his own world, walking happily on crunching snow. There was no way Remi hadn't noticed him, his red hair and pale skin sticking out like a sore thumb against most backdrops.

There was little to do but walk forward. When he reached the beginning of the bridge proper, he could see a sad expression on Remi's face, one he recognised well from the depths of his own soul. He took a deep breath then softly stepped over, crouched down to look at the sketchbook.

"So-sorry, I'm just curious. Um. I don't know...if you remember me?" He was being optimistic. "..I-I'm Samuel."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Actually Remi hadn't heard a thing. Predators within him though he had, when the alchemist was focused on something his mind tended not to wander and instead honed in precisely on the task at hand. Sam might well have slunk off without notice had he chosen to. And perhaps he should have.

Instead though, as his Sam's shadow ghosted over Remi's , the alchemist all but jumped, turning a rosey-cheeked face towards the blue-eyed man. Despite the start Remi's first instinct was to smile, even as his fingers self-consciously moved to cover the notes and sketches he'd been working on. It was all really just a blur of charcoal smears—mist was not the easiest to draw with any sort of semblance of depth or realism from this vantage point—and his scribbles notes would likely look quite messy and inelegant to anyone else's eye.

"I do." Remi answered immediately with a warm smile. "Curious? As am I." A wry smile tugged at Remi's lips which had gone quite pink (like the rest of his exposed skin) due to the dwindling temperature. Sliding a hand away from the book to reveal some of the markings, Remi gestured over the side. "I was here once with a woman who could detect magic. She said the mist itself was magical. And I heard stories of a beast that keeps its lair somewhere down below." He informed the ascended, thickly accented voice rolling melodically and gently off of his tongue. "I had thought perhaps to sit a while and simply observe."

With a smile and a nod, Remi gestured to the place next to him, offering it to Sam if he was here to do the same.

REMI

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
The snow had been building and building.

It grew and piled and slumped and fell, and, thanks to certain magical properties, tried to reform.

Only gravity and memory snow did not always mix.

All around them the basin-like surroundings began to heave and groan. The bridge began to shake slightly as bits of snow began to trail and fall. But, due the nature of the memory-snow to reform itself, some of the snowballs tried to make their way back up, much to the disapproval of the laws of physics.

With a sound like the scream of a rock, the bridge began to shake in earnest now. Rocks fell and tumbled and the bridge began to sway back and forth violently as snow burst from the surrounding chasm racing towards the bridge from either side.

There were two options to evade the oncoming avalanche: to go up, or down.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
sam
Sam didn't quite recognise what the drawings were, but he could hardly criticise - he had never been artistically gifted and was sure his own attempts at charcoal would be much worse. He politely smiled and nodded at the story, though he hoped it wasn't true; with the LongNight coming up he had had enough thoughts of beasts recently.

He accepted the offer to sit. "I don't think you could see anything in the bottom from here. The mists are too--" Before he could even get comfortable, the bridge began to shake and shift, Sam's hands losing purchase almost immediately; he had never been good at balancing and had no muscles to try and grab onto anything to pull himself up.

He tumbled down. All he could feel or think was pure terror stabbed into his heart, not having time to come up with actual coherent words as he spun and flipped down towards the ground, snow and mist blocking much of his view of the actual bottom.

Smacking to the ground, his limbs shook with the absence of any pain, which was sometimes worse than when he would have been hurt - the unnerving gap between seeing his hands shake and leak clear liquid on the ground but feeling nothing.

When he felt able, he lifted his shaking body off of the floor and stumbled about, trying to work out where he was. It was misty down here, and his head felt like it was swimming in treacle; with a start Sam realised he hadn't replenished his fluids in two weeks. He knew if he wanted to get out of this situation he'd have to drink soon, and he didn't think there were any shrines down here.

Weakly, he looked about for Remi...or at least Remi's body. The horrible idea of drinking from a corpse came to him, and he silently prayed to no one in particular that it would not come to that.

"R-Remi...? Oh, oh fuuuck, Remi? Please? Somebody?" He yelled out, not sure who he was expecting to respond.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi's look turned from one of eager attentiveness as the other man spoke, to shock and surprise as the bridge and surrounding landscape began to moan and shudder. Trying to rise shakily to his feet, he looked towards the side of the bridge where he'd initially come from only to see snow rapidly moving towards them. Eyes wide, feathers began to appear in the alchemist's hair and on his arms as the urge and necessity to fly away from this snow onslaught blinked brightly in his mind. Arms wide, the alchemist's body began to shrink and contort halted momentarily by the presence of the frightened ascended. Sam. Sam who couldn't fly. Sam who was—

falling.

Without thought or hesitation, Remi tipped off the bridge after the falling ascended. Up surely was the way to safety and as Sam had just pointed out, no one truly know what lay in the misty depths alone. But the man was falling, and no part of Remi even considered not going after him, Jigano be damned.

Shifting into a hawk during free-fall was a bit strange and it took the bird a moment for his wings to be able to slow his descent, but only just. He raced after the falling man with his wings pinned to his sides. Sam fell faster than Remi could fly given his weight, and though the hawk couldn't see him hit the ground, he certainly heard it. The dull thud of a body onto the snow shot cold terror through the alchemist, and his beak opened to trill a sound of panic which was swallowed up by the sound of a proper avalanche beginning to rain down from above them.

R-Remi...? Oh, oh fuuuck, Remi? Please? Somebody? Seeing the copper hair through the mist, the hawk sailed speedily towards him shifting in mid-air. Normally Remi's shifts were elegance and graceful, but given the speed and the snow rushing towards them the alchemist favoured haste over grace. "Come on—" Remi cried as his forward momentum all but knocked him into Sam. Arms outstretched Remi reached for the ascended's shoulders meaning to force him into action. There seemed to be a cave ahead, and if they hurried, Remi thought they could make it. He'd heard stories of a kappa living down here, and even if this was the fabled beast's lair, Remi would rather die a quick death at the beak and talons of the creature, than freeze to death slowly in an avalanche.

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
As if things weren't bad enough, a bird suddenly came flying out of the mist - Sam was scared of animals anyway, but with the context of the whole situation this was just another thing to freak out about. He wasn't sure if it was better or worse when the bird turned into Remi and slammed into him, almost sending him to the ground.

He was dragged before he had a chance to even think about it, sluggish feet sloppily running with Remi; stumbling and falling he made it into the cave just in time to fall to his knees, the energy seemingly leaving his legs.

As snow and ice slammed into the ground behind them, beginning to block out light from the entrance, Sam curled himself up into a little ball, hoping that if he closed his eyes hard enough he could wake up in his bed, this whole bizarre situation a terrible dream. But when he opened them he was still in a dark cave with the snow building up outside and an equally terrified Remi next to him.

"...I-I...I...are we safe? Please." He wasn't really sure what he was begging from Remi, his mind running too fast on panic and adrenaline. "I need to--I can't think, I need f-fluid. After tha-that fall."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

As gently as he could, though with the urgency of an avalanche tumbling down upon them, Remi gripped the man's shoulders and did his best to hasten their retreat into the cave. Though he was taller and stronger than the ascended, the man's terror did little to assist the alchemist in his attempts and it was all Remi could do to try and keep him upright until they found themselves in the growing darkness of the cave.

As Sam collapsed to his knees Remi allowed himself to do likewise, placing his palms on his legs and panting to try and slow his frantically beating heart. Not one to lie, Sam's question merely coaxed a shaky shrug from Remi who was still more or less gasping for air. "For now." The alchemist replied breathlessly. But they wouldn't be long if the kappa was in the cave with them, or if they ran out of oxygen.

Though, that was probably only a problem for the alchemist at this point.

Sam's panic helped focus the alchemist. He couldn't do anything about the mountain of snow that had just crashed down upon them, but if he could calm the ascended perhaps he could prolong their semi-inevitable demise at the hands (nay, beak and claws) of the kappa. "Fluid?" Remi repeated, his voice gentle and clarification seeking. Reaching out a hand, Remi placed it kindly on Sam's shoulder, his strong fingers providing just enough pressure to be reassuring, but not so much as to be oppressive.

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
While Sam liked sugarcoated answers, Remi's honesty was depressing enough to be believable. He knew they likely weren't safe in here - it was why he was as upset as he was - but the immediate danger of the snow had passed. He didn't know what it would have done to him. He was unable to feel pain or cold, so he likely would have just laid there until his fluid completely drained, alone in the dark. It didn't bear thinking about.

A hand on his shoulder made him shoot his head up, looking at Remi in the dark. The other man likely could not see as well as he, he realised. It was probably even more unsettling for him; with a sigh Sam tried to force himself to calm down a little, though the drained feeling in his chest stopped that from being entirely possible.

"I-I need...like in the cave." He hoped Remi would remember without his having to actually name the act. "I'm...weak. I would have gone to the sh-shrine today after my walk. But without something, I'm going to...I'd..." Die...? Sam didn't know. But no matter what, it wouldn't be good.

He didn't dare suggest the obvious, claim ownership on the body surging with life before him, but the thought passed his mind. But Sam knew immediately he'd rather suffer than ask Remi for his blood. It would prove everything - bloodfiend. Vampire.

"I don't know what to do. B-but I need to drink b-b-b-blood."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

It was true Remi couldn't see well at all. The diffused light from the snow blockade made everything a vague shade of blackish blue. Even shifting his eyes partially to use his hawk vision didn't help at all, but unlike the last time he'd been plummeted into darkness with Sam, at least there was the ghost of light here.

In the cave? But they were in the cave now? It took a moment for Remi to recall the way Sam's hand had slipped from his and he'd placed his lips on the proferred wrists of The Voice. "Oh." Remi said gently, wondering how they were meant to find the sort of fluid that the ascended required. The Voice seemed to possess a sort of magic—if indeed that is what it was—unlike anything the alchemist had ever encountered. Surely there would be nothing of that sort here?

Though perhaps further in the cave there might be another shrine? Then again, if there was, surely Sam would know about it?

Rising, Remi ran his hands along the wall of the cave trying to feel for the resonant hum that he'd experienced in the cavern with the shrine. But of course it merely felt cold and lifeless as one would expect it to.

As Sam finished his thought, Remi whirled around, inhaling sharply as he stared down wide eyed (to catch the light of course) at the kneeling man. "Oh." Remi said with a swallow. "And...and.." Taking a breath the alchemist batted his eyes a few times (as if that would help), trying to focus his thoughts into something concrete and helpful. "Do you know how long you have until...I mean.." Remi glanced at the snow blockade. Given that it was memory snow it would at some point return back up to the summit of the cliffs, would it not? Couldn't they just wait it out?

"..how much do you need? Would I.." Die? Passout? Be enough for you?

"I do not know anything about the ascended, Sam. You will have to tell me how to help you. But I will do whatever I can." Though it was hard to see the shine of the man's eyes, Remi tried to offer a kind smile despite the increasing beating of his heart.

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
Remi's stroking along the wall mystified Sam, who had no idea what he was looking for - but the moment of realisation, the way he turned and stared; that he knew all too well for what it was. He could feel the apprehension, the fear. The unshakeable sense that he was a hideous monster crawled up the back of his neck.

"I...don't know. I've never, never drunk from somebody. Or at least- not anybody real." The 'Voice' had just been removed enough from a person for him to feel comfortable enough to partake, but he'd regretted it for weeks afterwards. He was sure that hardly measured up to the horror of parting the flesh of a person, tasting hot blood on his tongue.

And yet, Sam felt himself compelled by something baser than his thoughts, a need to bite at Remi that was making his fingers twitch. "You shouldn't...should-shouldn't offer anything like that. I could hurt you with it. I-I don't know. I read once some people enjoy it but I don't think I would."

He closed his eyes and just for some relief from the sluggishness, the desire, he fantasised: "I would...bite you. A-at your neck or wrist or...wherever you chose. And d-drink. Not to kill you. But just...enough to keep me going. I'm sorry, I know it's wrong and disgusting and terrible."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

Remi's mind wandered back to Northaven. What had the bloodfiends there done? They'd drank on...bloodbags, were they called? Which was hardly a euphemism when you considered that it was real people locked up in cages to be fed on anytime the bloodfiends pleased. Or at least that is how Remi had always heard of it. He knew little of the ascendeds here, other than that Archebold and Elyna were them, and given that such was common practice before the alchemist was not necessarily surprised that the ritual continued here.

"It is okay." Remi murmured, his voice low and gentle in the dark. Moving away from the walls, he looked down at Sam still knelt low. Extending a hand he offered it to the man, encouraging him to stand if only to try and boost his confidence. "I know what it is like to have something inside of you that hungers. That can harm others." Remi admitted kindly, eyes sad in the darkness. Those first few days the lion within him had hungered and the taste of blood remained in the alchemist's mouth for hours afterwards. He couldn't imagine what it must be like for a creature like Sam if Remi's experience was anything to go by.

Swallowing Remi nodded. He'd expected as such. But if blood was truly what the man needed, his neck was likely the easiest source of it. That or the thick veins in his inner thighs, but it was already quite cold in here and the alchemist didn't see the need for it.

Hearing Sam describe his compulsions as wrong and disgusting struck a chord in the alchemist's heart. How long had he felt that way about himself? How long had those around him made him feel ashamed and appalled by who he was? "No." Remi said immediately, fingers reaching for the ascended. "No it isn't. It—" He was about to say is natural, but it wasn't, was it? The ascended were made somehow, just as the bloodfiends back home had been. Biting his lip thoughtfully, Remi shook his curled head slightly. "—it is necessary. Do I...need to do anything?"

REMI
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
sam
Sam took the hand offered to him, perhaps holding tighter than was necessary simply for the comfort of it, and shakily got to his feet. He wasn't sure what Remi meant about his own hunger - the only thing he'd seen special about the man was his ability to turn into a hawk and somehow Sam thought he probably wasn't mourning worms and fieldmice.

The fingers touching him and the concerned voice were a reaction Sam could never have predicted to the announcement of his affliction. But Remi was right. It was necessary.

With the other mans kindness helping to spur him along, Sam placed trembling fingers on the side of Remi's neck and placed his other hand on his jaw. For a moment, the thought this is what it would be like if I were about to kiss him came to mind, but Sam quickly put that to rest. He moved forward and tilting Remi's head gently to the side, rested his teeth on the skin of his neck.

"...Ready?" He asked, his voice half-muffled. If he would get a positive response he would immediately bite down, his urge to drink too strong to wait around.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

As Sam stood Remi tried to still the way his body wanted to shiver. Partially that was because of the cold and the fact that they were enclosed in what was potentially a life-threatening situation. Partially though, it was because of the way Sam moved towards him, the way his trembling fingers held the side of his jaw. Remi too was not ignorant of the familiar situation that this placed him in, nor could he help the thoughts of Loren that came flooding into his mind. Closing his eyes slightly he could feel the muscles in his stomach and arms tighten slightly as Sam tilted his head to the side. Surprisingly he could feel no heat coming off of the other man even though he stood basically against Remi.  It was disconcerting, but then again probably for the best. This moment was already strangely infringing on the intimate despite what Samuel was about to do.

Inhaling a shaky breath Remi hummed his agreement—the vibrations rippling against Sam's lips—feeling somewhat enclosed by the ascended's hands despite the fact that he could probably break the man's grip easily if he tried.

Remi braced himself for pain—the man was quite literally going to suck blood from his neck which seemed to entail a good amount of discomfort—but that isn't what he experienced at all. The pressure against his skin was completely swamped by a flush of endorphins that made the alchemist's eyes flash open and his lips pull in a ragged breath. Ever so slightly his face turned towards Sam's angled pose, Remi's curls likely brushing against Sam's own mop of copper hair, as his breath hitched in his throat. Without thought his left hand snaked outwards towards Sam's hip. Perhaps it was simply a response to the position that they were in—more likely though it had to do with the complicated but overwhelmingly pleasurable sensations coursing through his body—but for a moment Remi's searching fingers seemed to pull Sam's hips closer as a soft moan left lips Remi hadn't realized he'd parted.

REMI