them bones
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
It seemed Oliver always found his way into Halo far more during the season than he ever planned to.

Unlike Torchline, Halo wasn't exactly a place that really brought Oliver any semblance of joy. There was always a reason to go, never was it a outting to simply enjoy himself. That was just the case this time, where his purpose for coming was work related. He luckily managed to find a need for some weaponry, including someone who needed a new tip for their spear and another asking for a small blade. Both projects were completed and after the delivery had been complete, Oliver found himself settling into the bar.

Strapped to his shoulder was a bag containing the goods he had acquired after the trade: some jerky and then a number of bones. Hopefully nobody would be asking about the latter.

Glancing around the room, Oliver wandered over to the bar and settled on a chair along it, ready to enjoy himself and hopefully make this trip worth it.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
The Kraai is busy at this time - it always is, and it’s not even because it was the place opened by the Citadel’s hero (a la Weaver) and is now run by its fallen angel (hello, Neron). Both of these things are true, but mostly, the place is warm and inviting and it’s dinner time. Tables are clustered with hunters, workers, merchants, and the bar is full too - Oliver will just about find a place to squeeze himself to sit down.

Neron is still getting a handle on actually having more than himself and a couple of others working at the place, so the Hailstorm is behind the bar as the other man sits down. The bar is cool, brisk almost, in comparison to the rest of the Kraai, but that is all down to him. He isn’t keen to burst into flame from the hearth. Dressed in black from head to toe, his shirtsleeves rolled up, Neron swipes a damp cloth over the counter to ensure it’s clean.

”What can I get you?”
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
It's probably good for Neron that Oliver is unable to actually recognize him. He had heard plenty and had been able to create plenty of opinions by now, a majority were... less than kind. Due to the two never meeting before, Oliver couldn't place the name to a face. It'd hopefully grant Neron enough time to get Oliver in a good mood... or too drunk to be able to do much... or both.

The bar was far more crowded than Oliver liked and he didn't seem the most happy, but he was here and needed alcohol. And hey, maybe he'd find someone here. He would go straight to Torchline after this, but with all of the monsoons going on, it was nearly impossible to know if it was safe for him to go through the portal or not.

A man appeared in front of him and Oliver eyes flickered along his frame. Biting down on his lip, Oliver thought for a moment. "I'll take your favorite drink." Might as well see what this man's tastes were.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
Neron has to do a double take to make sure he’s heard right. His favourite drink? The Hailstorm flashes the other man a crooked smile that shows fangs. ”I sincerely doubt you want that,” he drawls, steely blue eyes flicking for a moment down to the sensitive skin of the stranger’s neck, before he leans down to grab a tumbler. ”When I could enjoy it, though, there was nothing like a glass of whiskey on a cold night.”

Neron blows into the glass - the ice magic he still possesses causes it to rime with frost - and sets it on the counter before the other man. Then he turns to grab a bottle of rich amber liquid, pouring a measure into the tumbler and nudging it across. ”Enjoy.” He turns to serve another customer, though he’s not far away should he need a top up.
Blacksmith

Change author:
The sight of fangs earned a deep swallow from Oliver as he clearly eyed them before his eyes traveled back up to look into Neron's. Well, maybe something fun could come out of this. If the bar wasn't so packed it would be far easier to get a feel of the situation, but he had to work with what he had. "A glass of whiskey sounds perfect." Oliver leans back in his chair before continuing. "But I can think of something just as nice." Before throwing a wink his way. It isn't the most impressive flirt, but it's an attempt at least.

It probably didn't help that Neron was quite extra with presenting the glass, showing off that he either was part abandoned or had bitten an abandoned recently. Either way, it was pretty damn sexy. Raising the glass up to his lips, Oliver took a sip, pretty satisfied with what the man had chosen.

Unfortunately, business calls and the bartender slips on away, leaving Oliver to his drink for a bit.

After a while, the whiskey is finished off and Oliver finds himself watching out for the man, hoping to call him over for another drink and to figure out how exactly payments go around here.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
The stranger nurses his drink and Neron goes about his business, raising an eyebrow at the flirtatious quip thrown his way; the rush passes, most of those at the bar leave their stools to go and sit with friends at tables that are emptying, and he’s given a brief respite. He’s stacked the empties along the back of the bar where the kitchen boy can take them to be washed, turning to wipe down the counter when he notices a certain whiskey glass is empty.

”Same again?” he inquires, his voice a touch quieter now that there are fewer people to get in the way, sidling up to flick the glass with his fingertip, making it ring. ”Or can I get you something else?”
Blacksmith

Change author:
As he works on downing the glass, people around him steadily move. Spreading out and leaving- or something like that. Oliver only half pays attention to the activities of those around him, only noticing when someone physically gets up. He doesn’t care enough to watch their final destination. The glass of whiskey is far more entertaining than half these drunks- none providing fun conversations to eavesdrop on.

It isn’t long after he has finished the glass that the bartender returns. With the physical bar having emptied mostly, it’s far easier to talk to him. Oliver no longer feels cramped or like others are judging him. It’s nice.

His eyes glance down to the empty glass at the sound of a ping before slowly moving to look back up at the man. ”Surprise me.” Short and simple, but with a slight edge to it. There were many ways to interpret it and Oliver was excited to see what the man had in store for him.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
He raises an eyebrow at the second request for him to make a choice, sliding the tumbler back across the bar and moving to set it with other empties that need to be washed. ”Are you afraid of decisions, sir?” he wonders, taking not one, but two long stemmed glasses from one of the higher shelves this time, setting it before the stranger and drawing a dark bottle from beneath the counter - a personal stash.

Into the glasses, a rich red liquid is poured, and Neron sets one before the other man. ”Don’t panic, it’s just wine,” he drawls, casting a glance across the Kraai and the patrons who are thankfully all busy, giving him respite enough for a drink. ”I haven’t seen you here before. New to Halo?”
Blacksmith

Change author:
There's a playful eyeroll, clearly Oliver isn't bothered by the comment as there's still a light smile on his face. Then he watches as the man pulls out two glasses. With a raised eyebrow, Oliver goes on to explain himself. "I like to be surprised... spice up my life a bit, you know? Besides, you looked like you had a good taste." Leaning back Oliver finds himself relaxing once more, eager to see what the man had in store.

Quite the opposite of last time, the bartender chooses a different type of drink. A nice, deep red wine. Looks perfect. Really, it did. A fine wine. Wine was something Oliver loved to indulge and it should be fun to see what sort the man had selected for him- or what would turn out to be the both of them as he was soon moving to join Oliver. Well, damn. Looks like his day was already going way better than he expected.

The question is understandable and Oliver finds himself shrugging as he takes a sip. Damn the man really did have a great taste. "I've been here a few times, I don't visit very often... when I do visit, it isn't for long." There is an urge to throw in a super cheesy pick up line but Oliver chooses to save it, for now. "I had a couple of projects to drop off and decided visiting the bar would be a nice treat... really glad I came here." Seeing as his other option was to lay around at home and be bored.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
”I have exquisite taste,” Neron informs the other man with a slow, cat-like smile, lifting his glass of wine in a toast before taking a sip. It’s blunted, like the taste of everything these days, but the little that the Hailstorm does get is a reminder of some of the best wine he’s ever tried in Halo. ”It isn’t a place that many people stop to pitch a tent,” he remarks of the place, smirking his understanding at the stranger’s limited time in the Citadel.

”A nice treat,” he echoes, his lips wrapping delicately around the words, and the smile he offers this time is edged with fangs. ”Surprises and treats aside, I hope you found what you were looking for.” Straightening up, Neron slips a hand into his pocket, drawing a watch out on a long chain.

Clicking it open, he checks the time, apparently, for a moment or so, before slipping it away again and casting his gaze over the patrons beyond them. ”It ought to be quiet for a while now, at least.”
Blacksmith

Change author:
The blonde leans forward at the other man's words. Taking his time, Oliver sips at the wine before setting the glass down. "You really do." It was cheesy as fuck, but damn was it right. Already the two seemed to have a similar taste: Oliver was genuinely a fan of a good whiskey and the wine selection was absolutely exquisite. It was amazing and Oliver regretted not coming to see this man sooner.

A quick sight of fans and Oliver found himself smiling, allowing himself to partial shift and give himself small fox-like canines. Sharp and hopefully sexy. "Happy to say that I absolutely have," Everything he was hoping for and more. Why couldn't all of his bar visits go this well?

Watching as the man checks a watch, Oliver takes another drawn-out sip of his own wine before setting it back down on the bartop with a faint cling. The news was fantastic and Oliver found himself relaxing even more, already thinking of hopeful plans. "And when does your shift end? Or- when is your next break?" That may be considered too forward but it also felt right to say- the bartender himself said it was emptying.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
”Good. It means I’m doing my job,” Neron lifts his glass in a lazy toast to the other man - a man whose name he has yet to learn, he realises. ”Neron,” he supplies for himself - any native of Halo doesn’t require the introduction, but this man has already indicated that he ain’t from round ‘ere. Taking another sip from his glass, he’s slow to set it down on the counter after the man with the fox’s smile. Straightening up, he settles into that unnatural stillness of the Ascended, watching the customers flit to and fro.

”I own the place, so I take a break when the people all go home,” he explains. ”That’s how it is right now, at least. Once there are a few others working here, perhaps that will change.” Perhaps he will even have - gasp - a day off once in a while. But for now, he’s here until close. ”Why, do you have time to kill?”
Blacksmith

Change author:
There is a sudden click in his brain when the main utters his name- Neron. His eyes visibly widen and Oliver's body stiffens. It wasn't a name he expected to hear- er, well, he didn't expect someone to say it was their own name. Due to their brief conversation, Oliver was struggling to really feel... anything.

If the man had up and introduced himself immediately, Oliver absolutely would've punched the man like he always planned to. The guy that he heard had hurt his friend, Loren- the man who had foolishly endangered the entirety of Halo... was also this fucking cordial? This relaxed and seemingly respectful? What the actual fuck?!

Safe to say, he was a tad bit overwhelmed.

Maybe a few seconds had passed, but nothing too massively long. Lifting up the glass, Oliver took a deep swig to help himself thing. "I'm Oliver." It came out soft and the confidence he once exhibited had dwindled.

Looking up at the man, Oliver listened to his words, still trying to figure out how exactly he felt about this whole 'the Man I wanted to bite me is also the dude I once wanted to knock out with a punch'. It's... weird. Is he even still horny? What the fuck.

Originally, Oliver believed that Neron was unforgivable, but something about his demeanor had changed this thinking. "I do and... I wouldn't mind speaking with you in private for a bit... I've heard a lot about you Neron and... honestly? You're not really what I expected." Oliver was fully honest in this moment. The confidence had returned, but he still spoke calmly. No, he wasn't going to attack the man. To Oliver, it was obvious that he just wanted to figure out everything: understand why the things happened and if Neron was regretful of his actions. "I'd like to learn about you and hear your side of things... I've only ever heard the rumors that other people spread."
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
”Charmed.” Is he, though? One look at the sudden flightiness in a man who, prior to learning his name, had been practically dripping with flirtatious energy... it tells Neron everything he needs to know. Steel blue eyes remain on the other man, and he takes a slow sip of his drink. ”This is about as private as you’re going to get right now,” he advises, nodding again at the rest of the patrons. He doesn’t have much of a chance of a break yet. Still, the bar is empty for the time being.

”Nosy little thing, aren’t you?” Yes, the ease of the bartender has certainly cooled to something distinctly Launceleyn now that Oliver is inquiring after the Neron before the Kraai. And don’t they always, eventually? ”I ought to write a book, offer it as a collection item for those visiting the Citadel. Go on, then. What is it you would know?”