wrap your hand around my heart
Remington <33
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
there is always hope
Ronin is practiced at not being worried when his husband goes out at all hours, at all times, when the world outside has informed them that it is dangerous. He’s got the pulse of the heartbeat on his finger to guide him and reassure him (and okay, so it’s been rocketing and stuttering for the past however long, and yeah, that’s fucking horrible), and the Alchemist has been chosen by Ludo. He’s fine. Probably fine. Sure.

The Dark Star is curled up on the couch before the fire. He’s not reading the book in his lap. He’s not even reading the comic he snuck into the book in his lap (so he could pretend he was being intellectual). Instead his blue eyes are fixed on the dancing flames, and Sugar has awoken from her place in the rafters to peer down at him, his concern a pin prickle that scurries down both of their spines.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've got a river for a soul
Remi is weary.

It's a weariness that is bone-deep. The sort of exhaustion that men like he and Ronin rarely can feel these days, so godly they have become. But after everything, the magical exertion, the yelling match that turned physical, the subsequent rescue and emotional collapse after...gods how he's been emptied by the day.

But he doesn't want bed just yet. Before that, there is something else he desperately needs. Something he needs to feel, to know. To experience in a way he never has before.

On Ronin's finger the Star will feel the stutter-pulses of his husband's heart as Remi returns to the house. Opening the door, Remi will stand silhouetted against the blue of the storm outside, bloody, sand-raw, with a haunted look in his eyes. "Ronin—" He says through chapped lips, and, knowing his husband will likely rush to him, holds up his hands defensively, ready to retreat should the hunter try and touch him.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
there is always hope
The sound of the door has him on his feet, like he’s been waiting for it. Because he has, of course - like a statue, like a spring wound so tightly it’s unmoving, he’s been listening for the clink of that door all night. The book(s) fall from his lap and Sugar trills out a relieved sort of greeting, Ronin already halfway across the room when his husband holds up his hands to stop him. And of course the Star does stop, much as it feels almost physically painful for him to do so.

”What is it?” he asks softly, blue eyes taking all there is about Remi; the exhaustion, the blood, the horror in his eyes, the chapped skin. His husband will feel the heartbeat on his own finger spike at that, Ronin biting at the inside of his cheek to keep himself rooted in place. ”What’s happened?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
How many times will the pair start a conversation with something's happened, something's changed. Will it ever get old, or will it always be impactful given the changes the pair reference are always big? I have a child, my soul is owned by Ludo, my magic is gone, I can fucking feel everything around me.

"Ludo showed up on the beach just now. Amalia and I were fighting, but then the tide nearly drowned her." Closer now, Ronin will no doubt see the tear-tracks that have cleansed away the briny-remnants from Remi's impromptu swim. He holds out his hands, but not so that the Star can take them. Instead, he looks at them with confusion and wariness.

"When I touched Amalia after that...it was like...nearly like the attuned bond, only..." Closing his eyes, Remi isn't sure at all how to describe it. "But unintentional. You don't have to think about what to direct, it's just...everything." Opening his eyes, sea-glass stare looking softly conflicted, Remi swallows and takes a step forward that he might close the door behind him.

"If you touch me...anytime you touch me...you'll never be able to hide anything. There will never be an emotion of yours that you can keep to yourself." He says sadly, and perhaps with a small sliver of fear as well.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
Ludo showed up on the beach just now. Amalia and I were fighting, but then the tide nearly drowned her.

It’s a lot to take in all at once. Like, a lot. But Ronin is accustomed to it to some extent, the Star keeping his distance from his husband - out of respect for his wishes rather than desire - and taking a few deep breaths to try and stop the fractals of light from spearing out of his body and giving his panic away.

Not that it matters, not when Remi continues, Ronin’s eyebrows raising in surprise. He’s puzzled, but there’s nothing... sad, or worried in his expression. ”I... wow. I mean... I guess that’s one way of solving Ludo’s problem,” he murmured. ”What’s... Remi, you look like something awful has happened.”

He runs his fingers fretfully through his hair, a boyish smile tugging at his lips. ”I have nothing to hide from you.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"It feels like something awful has happened." Remi agrees gravely, still looking down at his hands and if they might burst into flames or start to drip blood, or something else equally terrifying and dramatic.

"You say that Ronin but this...this is all of it. This is..every little annoyance. Things you're feeling about other people, its..." Remi's jaw clenches as frustration washes over him, and rather than holding his hands out before him like some sort of beggar, he angrily rakes them through his wet and sandy curls. "When I've annoyed you and it isn't worth saying anything over, I'll know." Couldn't he see how terrifying a prospect that was? Walking hand-in-hand with his husband, only to have the Star's (harmless) crushes on others flow into the Alchemist, to have his frustrations be shared whether he wanted them to or not. To not be allowed to touch Remi, if there were things he wanted to explore on his own.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
Ronin’s brow furrows, as he considers his husband before him. He doesn’t seem to know what to do with himself at first - because of course, Remi is right. It wasn’t just something he could shrug off. This was big, potentially relationship-changing. Swallowing, he inhales deeply and lets it out again, seeming deep in thought and rubbing at the back of his neck. ”Remi,” he says slowly, taking a step forward without rushing, not wanting to startle the other man.

”Can I just... can I touch you, just for now?” he asks, blue eyes searching green, the Star not really having words for what he wants to say. ”I just... I think you need to feel this, rather than hear it. Okay?”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi stays where he is, though his muscles tense as he prepares himself. The devastating rush of emotions from Amalia had made him want to carry them both off into the sea as much as it had made him understand all the emotional miscommunication between them. He felt too fragile just now to endure anything like that with Ronin. But as his husband's request, of course he would.

If he was going to break, best he does it here, with the man he loves.

"I remember once when I asked if I could kiss you, and you said we didn't ask each other that sort of thing." It isn't clear if he means it as a joke, or to emphasize just how far they've come from boyish fumbles in kitchens that have long since been destroyed.

"Okay." He says at last, resigning himself to be swept away in an ocean that suddenly felt far less familiar than he'd always remembered it being.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
”Yes, of course - but last time you didn’t have strange magic which let you feel my feelings if we touched.” Ronin manages a quick smile, nodding as he’s given the okay and stepping up slowly before Remi. He feels like he needs to be careful, though really no matter how gentle or rough the touch, it could be intense regardless. Ronin doesn’t know - and that’s sort of the point of all of this.

Still, he lets his hands ghost over the back of one of Remi’s, clasping it gently between his own, feeling the cuts and callouses, the way the Alchemist’s fingers are cold and clammy. And there’s worry there at first - concern for the other man, for what might become of them with this newfound power. But there’s love thrumming just beneath it, warm and reassuring and bright - a tentative thing that threatens to roar forth, depending on his husband’s reaction.

”I don’t have all the answers,” he says slowly. ”And I don’t know if it’ll be okay. But I want to figure it out with you.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi inhales sharply. It feels like the first time he allowed himself to be touched by a man, back in the days of Northaven and lines he never thought he'd let himself cross. This doesn't feel forbidden in the same way of course, but there is still a moment of apprehension. A divisive break that will shatter along his timeline such that he'll never be able to go back to the moments before Ronin touches him. If there is doubt, if there is darkness, if there is anything of which the Star hasn't been completely honest about, Remi will know. He'll not blame or fault Ronin for it, but he'll also not be able to un-know it.

Ronin's worry is like an oil slick, dark but prismatic. It threatens to cover Remi in a sheen that water won't wash away. The undercurrent of love steals the breath that the Alchemist holds in the back of his throat, shivering it out through his lips in a jagged pattern.  

I don't know if it'll be okay.

The world spins and grows cold. For all his strength Remi isn't even remotely confident that he can endure this.  The what-ifs are mountainous, and the uncertainty he feels from the Star is genuine and terrifying. But of course, there's nothing to do other than embrace this new reality. And so he does.

Stepping forward, Remi pulls the hand Ronin holds around his waist while the other reaches for Ronin's hair. Taking a breath as if preparing to dive into the water, the Alchemist presses his lips against his husband's.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
Ronin tries to find Remi’s gaze, the Star’s brow furrowing, and the worry only grows at the other man’s lack of an answer. But then, of course, he pulls Ronin closer, and the concern shatters like thin ice on the surface of a lake, but instead of cold water underneath, there’s a flood of warm adoration. His lips meet his husband’s, Ronin kissing him slowly, sweetly, holding him with surprising care given how he’s turned up on the doorstep.

”I love you,” he says softly, and it roars though him, something he can’t lie about. ”That doesn’t change. Whatever else you might feel from me, sad, funny, scared...” He laughs softly. ”I’ll always love you. And if you’re worried... I’m sure I can get you some very sexy gloves to wear.” He raises his eyebrows. ”Then we can hold hands all you like.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Trust Ronin to know exactly what to say.

There are tears falling from Remi's eyes as he pulls back, his smile the warbly-shape indicative of holding back too many words all at once. He wants to kiss Ronin again or scold him for joking during such a serious moment (but not with any real seriousness, of course). Instead, he just laughs. It's a clumsy sort of sound, the laughter not smooth but bubbly and broken as the Alchemist is forced to steal sips of air in between.

"Gods, you're an absolute menace." Remi whispers. He feels as though he's standing somewhere sunlit and warm, his feet rooted between river-stones with cool spring water rushing up to his knees. "Never change." He adds, leaning in to steal another kiss that is as slow as the first, but more grateful this time with far less fear. "You feel so much different than Amalia." Remi mumbles against Ronin's lips, grinning stupidly, because of course he does.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
there is always hope
”Only for you. Especially for you.” Ronin smiles, happy to be a menace for his husband. He reaches up to carefully brush the tears from Remi’s cheeks, his other arm still laced around his husband’s waist. There’s a rush of relief alongside the love now, breaking like a wave through him, glad to see Remi as okay as the moment allows. His eyes close as the Alchemist leans in for another kiss, Ronin humming a note of affection against the other man’s lips.

He’s laughing as well at the quip, however, fingers teasing through curls made stiff by salt water. ”I would hope so,” he says. ”I bet she doesn’t kiss like I do, either.” Winking, he gathers Remi closer, turning them away from the doorway. ”Come on. Let me clean you up - you’re covered in sand.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well..." Remi says, his head tilting to the side as he gives his husband a leading smile as if the Shield just might. There aren't nearly enough people in the world who could verify it, but Remi is absolutely certain that no-one kisses like the Star. It was a tragedy, really.

"Ah, it's the sand that's the issue, mm?" Not the blood, which, for once, is mostly his own. Not for the first time, Remi peels himself out of his clothes at the door so as not to track sand all the way into the house. There is no one in the house who hasn't seen the Alchemist naked trudging towards the bathroom at some point. Such is the way of things in the Taliesin house. "I might need those gloves. Maybe not with you, but..." Remi shakes his head (scattering sand down his shoulders), as he thinks of all those in his life he'd absolutely not want to feel the emotions of. And those he'd not be able to help himself around.