maybe we’re just ghosts
Rony <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// got a feeling in your stomach 'cause you know that it's comin' for ya
leave your flowers and grieve, don't forget what they told ya //
It’s a few days after the events had transpired, and Sunjata’s still reeling from everything that’s happened. Telling Nate, Hotaru’s return home, and a chance meeting with his ex-wife. He craves normalcy, craves some time by himself in the office space above the Slagveld where those who know where to find him can, but the rest would leave him alone.

He doesn’t expect Ronin to be there, but exhaustion flickers in his face as he spots the Star, the way his gaze flickers over the Slagveld listening to Ronin’s whistle before he fully enters. And gods damnit there’s so much fucking water everywhere. He realizes it a bit too late, that in his prep for everything else, he hasn’t taken the time to focus any of it on the Slagveld. “Fuck.” He puts it simply, stepping further into it and looking over at Ronin who appears to be attempting to clean up the mess. “Storm got us good, huh?” He attempts to flash a small crooked smile Ronin’s way, but it falls somewhat flat.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

Isn’t Jata lucky? Not one Ronin, but two have stopped by to help. His astral projection splashes by the Arbiter, chasing out a flock of hels who have attempted to use the place as a swimming pool, and their angry squawks fill the air until he has successfully shooed them all away. The projection disappears once the work is done, and the real deal grins from his place sitting aboard his nimbus cloud.

”You look horrible,” he says cheerfully to Sunjata, though his tone is warm. He slips off the cloud and plods through the water to greet his friend, nodding his agreement. ”It slipped a finger up the bum when we weren’t looking, that’s for sure,” he says of the storm, nudging Jata with his elbow. ”I’ll get a few buckets, you take a seat.” He nods at the cloud still bobbing around.

Clearly Sunjata did not come here for this shit, and since Ronin is around, he’ll throw him a bone.

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He realizes quickly that he’s never going to get used to seeing not one, but two Ronins, especially as one splashes by him with a flock of angry Hels. His gaze lands on the real one as soon as he’s dispersed the other one, and the next words that fall out of Ronin’s lips do spark a deep chuckle from him. “I guess it did.” His mind is still foggy, still not entirely there to come up with the wit to back it up. “If it helps, I feel horrible. Ever been electrocuted?” A brow raises as the words leave his lips, flexing his hand out to show Ronin with the bits of lightning scars following each vein in his hand before it disappears beneath his tattoo.

The subject of buckets and him sitting, though, has a small huff leaving him, slipping away to move toward the entrance of the advocates, wading through some puddles. “I'll take any excuse to watch you work.” He teases lightly. Unlocking the door, Sunjata opens it only to find another wave of water spiral down the stairs, splashing over his boots.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

”I can’t say that I have,” he says of being electrocuted, eyebrows raising down at the scars that Sunjata shows him. ”You know, every time I see you I think you have a new injury to show off. Have you considered just staying at home?” Ronin smiles brightly, splashing after his friend and tilting his head at the water that whooshes down at them. His nimbus cloud has followed after the Arbiter, nudging at him insistently as if telling him to sit down. On it.

”So what happened?” he wants to know, traipsing across the Slagveld to grab a few buckets and a mop, intending to try to get rid of the worst of it and then mop the rest up. He makes a point of flexing for Jata as he picks up the buckets, flashing him a grin. ”Naughty. You’re getting married, you know,” he says through a chuckle.

ronypony
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The cloud follows his heels, poking and prodding at him to sit, and after a moment dies he finally deign to do it — sitting upon the nimbus even though he wonders if it might just fall through beneath his weight. How strange it was to sit upon a cloud, but he does, regardless, and turns his attention back to Ronin. “I was running errands. I didn’t expect to see a sea panther on my way back.” He whines. And he had — gone to Haulani to grab one thing for the house, only to return and find a hell of a lot of fog guiding people into the mists to their deaths.

There was a fuck ton of fog, people walking toward it and disappearing. And when I got there… I heard Maea, I think. And then Deimos parted the fog and this giant creature was there in the water.” He purses his lips briefly, flexing his hand. “Anyway, missed communication happened when I asked Deimos to make a lightning rod to impale the creature with it, and he instead handed it back to me when I called a strike down.” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug. That's about all he remembers, aside from flying through the air, the breath knocked from his lungs, his mind whirling and his vision black.

He watches, however, as Ronin flexes and grabs a bucket — a crooked smirk crossing his face. “Ahh. Doesn't mean I can’t look.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin bounces his eyebrows at Sunjata as he finally sits down, as if to tell him better, right? before he starts going about filling the buckets and trudging outside with them. He listens as he works, brow furrowing, the hunter’s serious concern bleeding into pure confusion as the story tumbles out. ”He handed you a lightning rod,” he repeats. ”That doesn’t sound like Deimos.” But Sunjata certainly looks like he was... electrocuted, or some shit.

Letting out a low whistle, he looks his friend up and down in a markedly different fashion to the one his previous flexing suggested, making sure he’s okay, before he returns to emptying the Slagveld of water. ”Look all you like - so long as you don’t keel over in front of me, I really don’t mind.” He flashes him a grin. ”You think there’s anything we can do to stop it flooding again?”

ronypony
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He sits atop the cloud and a snort leaves him as Ronin comments it doesn’t sound like Deimos. And a small grin is shot the Star’s way, arms leaning back against the cloud so he can sit and watch Ronin work. “Really? Deimos and I don’t get along. I do think this was an accident this time, but… Usually I’m on his bad side.” Pretty permanently, at least. It’s just how things went.

The smile grows a bit broader though as Ronin whistles, Sunjata’s brows wiggling in some part amusement before settling. “Gods I hope not.” He says with that easy feline smirk, until it fades at the mention of flooding and what they can do to fix it. Turning his head, he looks up the stairs the cloud floats by, trying to pinpoint where the water’s coming from. “I think there’s gotta be a window upstairs or something missing, perhaps a hole in the roof?” He won’t know until they go up there.

It’ll probably take some time, which is good for me seeing as I have a very important question for you that might take you some time to think over.” He flashes a wink.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

”I mean, he’s the sternest of stern individuals who ever did sternly glance my way,” Ronin says of Deimos with a flash of a smile, dumping yet another bucket or three of water out of the Slagveld. ”But he’s always been good with me. Must be a soldier thing.” He winked, grabbing a mop now to clear the worst from the ground floor. He’s a fast worker, is Ronin; laziness no longer runs in his blood the way it used to.

Wrinkling his nose at the potential causes of the flooding, Ronin makes a mental note to go up there when the ground floor is ready to dry out. ”Well, we can make sure it’s patched up before we head out,” he says. ”You didn’t have any important shit up there did you? Advocates stuff and whatnot?”

Continuing to mop, it doesn’t take long before the boxing ring starts to look like itself again, even if it does desperately need some time to lose the damp look (and smell). Raising a brow as he straightens up, Sunjata’s question for him draws a mix of suspicion and amusement. ”I’m either going to like this or I’m really going to hate it. Go on,” he invites.

ronypony
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A soldier thing?” He feigns dramatics, a hand coming over his chest to cover his heart. “Can’t be that.” He confirms with a bob of his head, a huff of a laugh. “I was a soldier. Sort of.” An amused grin is sent back toward Ronin while Sunjata remains settled along the cloud, quietly thankful he’s not the one having to move around and clean up.

The place looks pretty close to clean by the time Ronin’s question hits him and he casts a glance up the stairs. “Everythings mostly still in boxes. Nothing too important lost, I don’t think.” Of course he doesn’t have the ability to see through walls yet to determine that as truth. Instead, his focus returns to the Star, a grin spreading across his face.

Come on now, you’re going to love it. And if you don’t, I’ll be deeply hurt.” Another hint at dramatics before Sunjata’s leaning forward a bit on the cloud, glancing around the room a bit more before another gush of water can be heard from upstairs. “Nate, Ru, and I are having a small wedding, you know. Mel will be there. You and Remi are invited. Was hoping maybe you could be my best man.” It’s a new tradition for him, but one he’s heard about through the grapevine. “Provided you’re into that sorta thing.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

”There is a huge difference between sort of and actual military training, Sunjata.” Ronin snorts, shaking his head and mopping around the edges of the walls now as they speak. He’s pleased with how the ground floor is starting to look. It’s a lot better than when they first came in, put it that way. He’s just considering going upstairs to check out those aforementioned boxes when his friend - gasp - pops the fucking question.

Ronin pauses, mop in hand, head tilted as if to wonder what Jata is getting at to begin with. He already knew the Flood would be having an intimate ceremony and a huge, phenomenally messy reception if Ronin had anything to do with it - so to be a) invited and b) invited to be best man? The pulse of starlight that radiates out of him gives it away far before he says anything.

”It would be my honour,” he informs him with a very wicked smile indeed. ”Suddenly your wedding just got a lot more interesting, Jata.”

ronypony
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A bark of laughter leaves Sunjata at Ronin’s comment, unable to form how to explain what Sunjata did but it certainly was militaryesque in comparison to what he was doing now. But he doesn’t get a chance to collect his thoughts before he’s asking the question as Ronin steps by him up the stairs and suddenly starts glowing. A wide grin spreads across Sunjata’s face at the confirmation, a raise of his brow regardless with some anticipation. “Maybe I should be the worried one now.” He half mutters before nodding his head toward Ronin. “And also, when did you start glowing? Have I missed this?” Because yes, the first time Sunjata’s seen Ronin glow is the here and now.

It’s unique and also oddly fitting.

But he recovers as he tries to urge the cloud to go up the stairs to either follow Ronin and assess the damages or to lead the way, before he’s turning a bit on the cloud again to try and get his attention back on Ronin. “Also also, can we back it up a second? I was trained to be a high ranking officer for a militarized police force.” There’s a raise of his brow to that, amusement glittering through the bond toward Ronin. “I say sort of because I don’t know if you’d consider officer and soldier the same.” In Korofi, however, they were one in the same.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

”You absolutely should be worrying now,” Ronin informs his friend cheerfully, lighting the way up the stairs and beckoning for his nimbus to follow, the cloud whisking Sunjata after him so they could both survey the damage. He has to take a couple of long, deep breaths to get the glowing under control, and his grin is a just a little bashful as he shrugs to the Arbiter. ”Since forever. Only happens when I feel strong emotions.” He bounces his eyebrows at him.

Hunting around for this broken window or leak in the roof, the Star snorts and peeks over a pile of boxes at Sunjata with a wicked glint in his eyes. ”Glorified policeman,” he teases him. ”I was a Lieutenant, then a Captain, and I was about to become General of the Storm when I fell through a hole in reality and ended up here.” His humble way of saying it was different, yes.

”But I suppose they’re similar enough. Anyway, when’s the big day? I need to know so I can plan your bachelor party.”

ronypony
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Since forever? Strong emotions? Sunjata would be lying if he didn’t feel the least bit cocky, the grin forming along his face rather boyish in comparison. “Ah so that’s what I see when the side of my house facing yours randomly lights up.” He snorts, shaking his head but following the Star as his cloud wishes.

His brows raise at the glorified policemen line, though he can’t help the huff of amusement that slips from him. “Alright, I guess that’s fair.” He snorts. He can’t quite pick out the words he wants to. The topic of when the wedding is sparks a bit more of a thoughtful look as he stares at where Ronin stands by the boxes, watching as a gust of wind knocks into the window and the pane falls out. At least they know where the waters come from now. “Early Longheat. I have to figure out the details on what exact day it’ll be happening. You’ll be the first to know.” He shrugs his shoulders, shifting on the cloud.

Y’know, in Korofi we didn’t have best men as a part of our weddings. So it’s new to me.” A small smirk begins to form. “What should I be expecting?” Already the party is unexpected, his last wedding consisting of Loren yelling at him the night before, and one pleasurable night with Lily, before he’d been hitched to Phoebe for a time.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

”Oh yes. And what you see when the fields outside light up. And my porch. And sometimes the kitchen. Occasionally the sky overhead.” Ronin runs his tongue along his teeth, his grin utterly shit-eating by this point, though Sunjata will be pleased to note that the pane that falls out of the window smacks the Star on the back of the head. Serves him bloody right. ”Well that was just rude,” Ronin informs it, thankful that the thing hadn’t broken and carefully wrestling it up and against one wall.

Rubbing at his neck, he nods to the other man, still managing to seem smug even after being given a dose of karma. ”You make sure you do. Day before you’re promised to Nate and Hotaru forever, you’re all mine,” he informs him with a wicked laugh. ”Reckon it’ll be best if I just board up this window for now. We can sort it properly once the rain stops?” he suggests.

But back to the party planning. Ronin titters to himself, grabbing some boards of wood and some nails from leftover materials in the corner. ”The unexpected,” he informs him. ”You can be assured that you’ll be very hungover for your wedding. I promise that I won’t put you on a ship somewhere.”

ronypony