Site Wide Event From Dust We Rise
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 60 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Every wound will shape me...
The planning itself had been admittedly rushed in the aftermath of the agreement between leaders. A necessary evil considering the ever-passing season they intend to celebrate, but it rankles nonetheless. All the same, as golden eyes gaze across the expansive clearing and all that is entailed, Nephele’s breast swells with pride.

The trees are decorated lovingly with bright streamers, little flames in bottles carefully contained and strung throughout the branches. Most of the action remains on the forest floor, in the thick carpet of greenery that welcomes all who step forth into the woods. It had taken some convincing, but her brethren had jumped at the chance of showing their wares and talents if nothing else; wildflower crown makers, fortune tellers, tests of skill and courage. A small collection gathers with their prized instruments of reed, wood, and metal, their voices rising in Fae language that - while indecipherable to human ears - is beautiful and welcoming all the same. Fruity alcohols and deeper meads are on available display as well for more enthusiastic visitors. This may not be the season tied to the Fae’s celebrations, but it has come together beautifully all the same.

A contingent had volunteered to guide the participants through the woods, and Nephele stands at the entrance to greet them. A twisted wooden arch blooming with flowers is where she can be found, welcoming everyone who pauses. Ready to give her truth-bound word, just as she’d promised, to any Ascended who venture forth today.

- - -

Welcome to Fiat Lux in the Greatwood! Ascended are welcome, and can receive a truth-bound promise of one day safety from Nephele at the entrance. This is the only day of exception for entrance to the Greatwood.
Every scar will build my throne
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
your bright eyes are gonna kill me for sure
"So this is Fiat Lux, eh?"

Your second trip through the portal to the Greatwood is much more pleasant than the first, courtesy of a very disgusting tonic that Vai made you drink. Instead of backflips your stomach is doing half-hearted somersaults, writing a bit but not really kicking back the way it usually does. You give her ass an affectionate pat of gratitude as you step into the big clearing, and then you're thoroughly distracted, a kid in a candy shop as you stare at the fascinating scene.

Having met all of two fae in your life, it never really occurred to you that there might be so damn many; seeing them all in one place is a bit dizzying, to be frank. "Huh. Not bad," you remark to the woman wrapped under your arm, your voice betraying an almost childish admiration. There's so much shit to barter for and buy, and you're grateful for the bag of trade-able wares slung over your other shoulder.

And, of course, very much aware of the small box in your pocket, waiting to become a gift.

Leaning over to press a kiss upon the witch's temple, you once more glance around. "So... Whaddya wanna see first?"
ZEPHYR
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

Fiat Lux had been one of those traditions they’d all looked forward to as children. Games, amusements, the togetherness of the world, a way to unite in singsong, in revitalizing from wounds and traumas gathered along LongNight. For a while, it had been just that – simplistic in its flower crown endeavors, a necessity in their Old God mind-oriented parents, and they’d adhered, their nestled clan of farm children rampaging across the venues.

But then last year struck.

It was difficult to erase the pandemonium, the chaos, the strife, the death from her mind. She could see it clearly now, standing stock still for a moment as the world burst into tempestuous edges, as beings scattered one after the other, as blood shown stark across places that had only inspired merriment seconds before. The twins had gathered their younger siblings quickly, and ran home.

Now all of that was gone too.

And they’d Ascended.

So she stood along the threshold of the Greatwood, feet bare, and apprehension daunting. She didn’t trust the Fae and their promises.

But she didn’t want to look afraid, hesitant, fearful of potential ruin, standing there in her flower crown.
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper knew that as the Fae's diplomat, she ought to place herself at the center of the Fiat Lux festival, reaching out to people, making connections, capitalizing on this chance to ingratiate themselves with other races. But crowds and parties had never been her thing -- perhaps she would have learned to enjoy them if she hadn't been so outcast for most of her life -- and she hadn't really settled into the job yet. Plus, the presence of the Ascended here made her uncomfortable. Nephele had promised them safety, but were they making any such promise in return? Even if they didn't act up, the idea of inviting their enemies into their home as if they could break bread together and then return to killing each other bothered Juniper. It blurred lines that she'd rather keep crystal clear.

So instead of joining Nephele by her arch, Juniper lingered at the edges of the celebration. She couldn't help feeling that her role obligated her to attend, but she honestly didn't know what to do with herself now that she was here. Introduce herself to others? Lend a hand?

For now she'd just watch and see if any chance to jump in presented itself -- any crisis that needed a hand, or possibly even something fun.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark
Alina Estarr
Hunter

Age: 59 | Height: 4' 10'' | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
Alina would be the first to admit that she'd been distant of late, having disappeared into the Greatwood to hone her skills for the coming conflict. However, when word had reached her that the Fae were hosting the Festival of Fiat Lux, she'd returned from her hunts. Although she disagreed with the decision to host the outsiders, she was willing to set aside her animosity to present a united front.

So she hovered just behind Nephele. And if the huntress' hands gripped her wooden spear a bit too tightly, well, no one would be looking at her that closely. Her eyes tracked the arrivals, narrowing slightly at each one. However, she said nothing, so she did smirk and incline her head when she saw Zephyr wandering around.
make me a big tall tree
so I can shed my leaves
Alina
Base Code by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
Frey
This has been coming for some time. Heh, coming.

Hey, no, stop that.

They don’t mean the festival - no, that comes every year, without fail after the cold nothing of LongNight. They mean themselves. It’s a cycle, like the seasons, like the way plants grow and blossom, wither and die. Frey is close, is one with themselves. But time approaches when they must separate, much like the deity to whom they are the herald.

So as they arrive, oozing eroticism and bounty like an overripe fruit, before Nephele at the entrance of the festival... they also leave, too.

Frey steps away from Frey, a duality restored. The one before Nephele is still beautiful, rich skin decorated in flowers (indeed, they duck down that they might receive a wildflower crown). The one who steps away, though, crackles with incredible, unbidden sexuality, licking their lips and blowing a kiss over their shoulder.

”This one’s not for me, hon,” they say, addressing their counterpart, stepping away into the woods with a cheerful whistle.

Frey has arrived at Fiat Lux and has split into a dual-god, like their parent deity Rae!

OOC Note: This means there are now two Freys you might pray for at a shrine. One is the epitome of sexual freedom and experimentation, the other (the one currently at the festival) represents fertility, nurturing and abundance. If you don’t specify when you pray, we’ll flip for it and surprise you.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
A party he didn't have to host, and Ascended were invited? Bastien could hardly not attend. While he had not been in the mood to throw one of his lustful celebrations of artistic spirit at the Sanctuary after Rex's death (and didn't know when he would be), a good time on someone else's effort sounded great, and he could see the Greatwood, which he hadn't glimpsed at since his earliest dates with Rex.

He'd brought Azrael with strict instructions that they did not leave his side, worrying that a stray Ascended demi-child running into a Fae not involved in their welcome would end badly: that, and it would be hard to find them in the tree-thick wood. Still, he did want them to have a good time, envelope themselves in the culture of the land they had been born in.

"What do you think of the Greatwood, Az? It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked as they stepped into the main clearing under the archway, smiling at the flowers and streamers placed around. "Your mother and I explored around here when we first began to date."
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
the first and simplest emotion which we discover in the human mind, is curiosity
Very strict instructions had been given to them before arriving, and it’s one of the things that they don’t want to try and test – already having pushed a few boundaries as they had during the Ascended meeting. So they stick close to their father, a small hand clinging to the edge of Bastien’s pants as to not lose him. Wide honeyed eyes watching the looming trees, the flowers, the streamers placed around.

It takes a few seconds for the question Bastien has to hit them, and when it does they glance up to him – their free hand formed into a small fist, sitting near their lips as if they might use it for comfort. “Pretty.” They begin, before using that free hand to point at the large trees – so large and daunting and yet, not. “Big tree!” They point to a rather large one near the back, complete with streamers and lights, a bit of flowers sprinkled within.

But then some flower petals along the ground distract them, their head lowering to look at the pinks and purples. “D…Date?” They ask, hand still clutching Bastien’s leg. “Mama liked Luckss?
Azrael
Base Code by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
May your past be the sound
It wasn't meant to be like this.

He was meant to be here with her at his side, a promise they had made to attend together should the venue be deemed safe enough, so that they could experience it together. Instead, he was here, and she wasn't.

And why was he here? He couldn't really provide an answer that felt sufficient. Perhaps he hoped that this Fiat Lux would prove as dangerous as those in previous years, that he might throw himself before some great danger - that he might feel something again.

He smiled, but without feeling. He recognised very few; Bastien was one who caught his eye, a child far older than the infant he expected at his heels - and he had never met the man directly, only known him through--

He accepted a flower crown with a bowed head, his lips curved into a smile that was not expressed through his eyes. He was here in presence, but only barely in mind.

The arrival of a herald was just enough to stir his interest from his brooding introspection, his eyes lighting up with something resembling life once more, as he watched the embodiment of nature enter and mingle, swallowing a gulp of the drink he didn't remember grabbing from the table nearby.
of your feet upon the ground
CHULANE
Evelyn Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
EVELYN

It was a time of celebration, of tradition, of joy and festivities. Last year had been disastrous, but so much had changed since then - they'd grown so much, and then not at all, frozen in their sixteen-year-old bodies since Ascending, gaining life and other gifts along the way.

The smiles and laughter were all a front, but she wore them nonetheless, skipping with long, floating strides as she toyed with the gravity around her - a dancer with the ability to take leaps that literally defied gravity.

And when her sister hesitated, she knew full well why, but she took her twin's hands in hers and pulled her along all the same, encouraging the weight of the world to lighten up around them, that they might bring some light and laughter to this festival of change.

A pause in her stride as the Herald of Nature arrived, though she kept the leaves and petals that her abilities had stirred up swirling around her, a slowly shifting vortex of floral wonder. Her attention shifted yet again, as it was wont to do, as she spotted Azrael, the young child who seemed to grow before their eyes as the twins watched over them whenever Bastien needed, a brighter, more genuine smile returning to her lips.

With graceful steps she approached the man and the child, a polite curtsey of greeting given, before she asked both: "Would Azrael like to come dance with me?" Letting her smile turn into a smirk, she continued to stir up the many flower petals that followed her, finding it an endlessly amusing activity to engage in.
innocence
is but an illusion
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Vervain
“Mm, this is it. Looks a lot different in the Greatwood.” Vai is smiling under the lights, her dark locks adorned with a flower crown, leaning against Zeph as they meander through the festival. ”It reminds me of my daughter’s wedding, actually,” she says, her cheeks flushing happily at the memory. It wasn’t a love that had lasted, but the celebration had been beautiful.

Glancing around, she doesn’t really have a chance to say what she wants to see first before suddenly noticing the deity at the entrance, her lips parting in quiet awe. ”You know,” she says, ”I met them once, one to one. They told me Felix would be a boy.” Smirking, she glances back up at Zeph and leans in to kiss his cheek. ”Let’s go try the booze?”
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
your bright eyes are gonna kill me for sure
"Your daughter's wedding?" you repeat, cocking a playful brow. "Just how old are you, madam, t'have a married daughter?" There's no real barb in the question: her age hardly matters to you. She's a grown-ass woman in every way, and that's really what you care about.

You grab another flower crown from a passing merchant and plop it on her head, enjoying the way the colors contrast with her dark hair. You're too distracted by her to notice the god at first, but when you do your nose wrinkles instinctively, your unease with and distaste for gods quick to rise. "Thought there was only one'a 'em," you remark, watching as the indescribably attractive deity flounces into the woods (and trying desperately not to notice the tenting in your pants at the sight).

Her kiss on your cheek doesn't help matters, but booze is a welcome distraction at all times. "Lead th'way."
ZEPHYR
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
"Yes, the trees are very big!" Bastien agreed with a laugh, taking in for himself the magnitude of the plant life around them and the sheer impressive size of things in the Greatwood; it was great indeed. "I've heard that in the Fae village, they live inside of them." Never having seen Sidhe himself, he was not entirely sure of the truth of that, but it was a nice thought; if he had any faith in relations between Fae and Ascended improving, he would have asked.

He knelt down to look at the petals with them, picking one up to give to their little hands. "Dating is when two people who like each other go out to places to see if they like each other enough to be together. Your mother and I didn't need many dates to see that." Bastien smiled wistfully, his heart aching the way it did whenever he remembered the early days with Rex.

"She did! Once I danced with her here once even though she was poorly." And speaking of dancing, he looked up as Evelyn approached, then to Azrael. "Hmmm. As long as you stay nearby where I can see you both, then I'm fine with it."
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
the first and simplest emotion which we discover in the human mind, is curiosity
Their eyes grow wide when Bastien mentions that the Fae live in the trees – their eyes flickering around the large trunks of the ones that surround them, as if they might spot little doors etched into the bark. But they’re distracted, still clinging to Bastien as they inspect the petals, looking down at the ones that Bastien places in their hands – their fingers feeling the velveteen touch. “Oh.” They say in response to the comment of dating – not really understanding but doing their best.

But then their eyes are looking back up to Bastien as they squish the petals in their hands. There’s a fond smile that crosses Azrael’s face with the memory Bastien gives, as if they might be able to picture it. It’s all they have of her, after all, bits and pieces of her and a very busy imagination.

But Evelyn appears and Az continues to squeeze the petals as their honeyed gaze flickers toward her with a wider grin as soon as Bastien agrees. “Yes please!” They say, darting forward toward the girl, the petals in their hands forgotten about as soon as the others begin to lift around them – their hands reaching to try and snatch them out of the air with little jumps and hops.
Azrael
Base Code by Sky!