spent my money on the bars
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
feeling alive while you fight for your life
as you swim back to the beaches
Remi’s comment of Deimos does spark a bit of intrigue within the attuned, his head tilting a small amount. “We’re not… Friends, per say. But I’ve spoken to him about the threat. He told me he’d look into who was doing it as well.” He murmurs, brows furrowing a small amount. Deimos had seemed to be just as unaware as Sunjata for who was causing the murder of the Ascended, but what if he had been protecting Amalia too?

He reaches up to rub at the back of his neck, before focusing on Remi’s warning. He’s never seen the Voice, didn’t know what to expect. But for Nate and the safety of him, Sunjata would do anything. “Can’t be worse than my father. The king of justification.” He half rumbles, aimed as a joke to try and lighten the mood despite the swirl of his gut once more. “I’ll keep it in mind.” He offers quietly, a bit more considerate. What was he getting into?
don't be scared of the tide, just prepare for the ride
as you float, you float, you float
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI

"Well I think they're here on their honeymoon so...unless they've uncovered something both you and I have missed?" Remi shakes his head slightly, very much doubting it. "Raza doesn't know anything about it either." He adds, for what that's worth.

Raising a brow, not entirely sure how to take the flood's comment—assuming it was something like sarcastic truth—Remi just smirks. "Great, then you'll know just how to handle her." Holding up a finger to indicate he had something else to say, Remi's smile turns crooked and inappropriate for a moment. "If you're going to ask her for a patch, like the one I made for Sam..." He begins smile widening, "Make sure you've got a good pitch lined up. She...wasn't happy about it the first time, and seeing as she didn't give it back to Sam when he came back to her, you might have a hard time with it. Or maybe she's saved it. Who knows."
honest feelings and bad timing
make the most painful combination.

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Good to know. I spoke with Deimos a few days ago about it at the Hanged Man.” He offers with a small shrug of his scarred shoulder. “Made an agreement to share information if we found anything out.” He hopes Remi doesn’t mind that – that he’d do the same when it came to following the strings of carnage to their source. But the fact that Deimos’ wife might know, hadn’t told Deimos or Deimos hadn’t told him, complicates the matters entirely.

Regardless, a snort accompanies the comment of Sunjata’s father, a rogue half smirk crossing his face as he moves to lean forward a bit again, the waves of stars along his arms swirling slightly with the movement. His lips part to retort the initial comment when Remi’s finger stops him in his tracks and Sunjata’s steel gaze scans Remi’s face at the comment – a bright laugh slipping from him when it’s resolved.

Sam didn’t tell me you made the patch.” He murmurs, before shaking his head. “I wasn’t going to ask for… Exactly that. Probably just something to help feel. Not sure if Nate cares so much about taste and the rest of it.” Aside from working parts, but he assumes that’s included with the feelings. “Though I hope I might have a convincing enough argument.” He probably doesn’t, but he hopes so.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

"Huh. Well..I'm sure you'll have something to talk about the next time you see him then." Either information about the culprit from Deimos to Sunjata, or that Amalia is harbouring quite the secret, from Sunjata to Deimos. Regardless, Remi is quite glad not to be the one to have that particular conversation.

"Ahhh.." Remi clears his throat, his cheeks flushing an unhappy coral as he just shakes his head. "Can't imagine why." And honestly, sarcastically said though it might be, Remi really doesn't know. It isn't like it's much of a secret that the pair were together. {say}"I know the Voice ... took offence with my wanting to change her design. She obviously thinks they're all good the way they are." He taps the side of his nose with a grin. "So perhaps you might word your request in such a way that it doesn't seem like you're making up for a flaw."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
They will have something to talk about. Something that he’s dreading but can push off to the side in favor for the following conversation; the information Remi gives Sunjata is invaluable. And the Attuned clings to it for when he does go to fix the shrine. “Of course they are.” Sunjata rumbles, a hand waving nonchalantly. “The problem is that… While they’re probably perfect physically, that disconnect mentally is still a flaw.” He sighs, recalling it intensely.

Like when Nate was attacked… He couldn’t do anything to forget about it. Couldn’t sleep and wait it out. Couldn’t drink or get high to ignore it. It’s just… There, all the time.” And wow, the conversation shifts darker then. Unless, of course, he could pose his question in a way of the Voice crafting something entirely by herself in order to give her ‘children’ some reprieve.

Food for thought, as Sunjata offers Remi a small smirk. “I’ll certainly word it better.” Because he was describing a flaw. Yet, the Voice isn’t here. It’s just him and Remi.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

To this, Remi says nothing, though the look in his eyes indicates that he's showing restraint. He has thoughts on the ascended of course, but what of it? He's dated Sam to be sure, but what Sunjata and Nate have is so much more robust. He'd be ignorant to overlay his experiences over those of the flood's, and so he merely nods.

"She'll probably say he should have come to her." Remi says, dully. "Her capacity for emotional range seems...limited, from what I've heard." All strangely maternal and protective of her children, but lacking in...an awareness of what their reality is, perhaps.

"So when is the wedding, anyway?" Remi wonders, happily leading them back into more temperate conversational waters. "And I won't lose sleep over it if I'm not invited, but just so you are aware, Ronin will pitch an absolute fit if he isn't." He adds with a crooked smile.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s a small hum of a laugh that leaves him with Remi’s warning, a nod given. “As I’ve heard.” Rumors flew, however, and he is engaged to an Ascended that wasn’t particularly fond of the whole Ascension, anyway. Still, he mentally tucks it away – perhaps he could visit with Nate, explain his side of it, the way it might be able to be shifted in a way that seemed to benefit them all.

The subject shift is met with a slightly boyish grin. “Hopefully early Longheat.” Of course, a lot of that depended on Hotaru making it back, on the three of them being able to coordinate it. And on top of that, figuring out who could officiate the whole thing anyway. “Ah, I know he will. I have yet to talk to him after we sparred.” He offers, steel gaze finding Remi’s face. “Sorry about that, by the way.” A huff of a laugh – Ronin hadn’t really been on his game that round, but at least it wasn’t as bad as Sunjata’s first spar with the star and the broken hand that ensued.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"Hopefully as in so long as everyone has mostly unbroken bones, or what?" Sunjata might be one of the most consistently-bruised men he knows. Nate finds himself in scraps often enough and from what he's heard of Hotaru, she doesn't back down from much. He flashes a grin at the other man, knowing that there's probably a good deal of anxiety lingering in that hopefully.

"Alright, well I won't ruin the surprise then." Remi says with a grin, knowing that if things go on too long, Ronin will end up somehow pre-ruining the wedding by showing up drunk in the middle of the night and officiating it himself. "Oh, don't be." The Alchemist says, waving a hand and grinning smugly. "Ronin is very...eager to prove certain things, after he's done a round or two with you." Remi says with a wink.

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Exactly that.” Sunjata replies with an easy grin shot Remi’s way, leaning back in the chair a bit. “Every time I promise I won’t get into trouble or come home broken, I break it. So I’ve learned to stop promising it.” He makes a gesture as if he’d thought about it and that was the best result he could come up with. Which, in reality, was true.

Still, Remi manages to soothe his worries a bit as the conversation shifts to something else, the grin growing a bit brighter as the Alchemist continues. “Oh good.” Sunjata replies easily, a huff of laughter slipping from his throat. “I’m honored to have a helping hand.” He snorts, relaxing about as much as he can let himself. “Though I do think his blanket fort building could use some work. Just don’t tell him I said that.” He flashes a wink back, a crooked and boyish smirk crossing his face.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

The Alchemist can't help but laugh at that. He nods in full understanding of the complexities that come along with being in a relationship with someone who is...by nature reckless, or danger-prone. "At best, Ronin and I promise to come home to one another, always. We just don't...say when that will be." Same as for Sunjata, it is better to make promises that you can keep, rather than ones that merely sound nice to hear.

"Me too." Remi says with a bright laugh, as Sunjata mentions it's good to have a helping hand. At the next comment though, the Alchemist rolls his eyes and groans dramatically. "He doesn't think I've noticed, but he has been practicing." He gives his head a shake as if to communicate his deep disappointment in his husband (though nothing could be farther from the truth), as he flashes the man another smile. "Suffice it to say, I think he'll need someone to show him the ways."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
That’s Nate’s and my promise as well.” He rumbles with an equal huff of laughter. Whatever worked, right? Though, of course, Sunjata and Nate hadn’t had the conversation of what would happen as Sunjata grew older and Nate remained the same. Mentally, they’re not prepared for it, at least Sunjata isn’t – blissfully unaware of ever bringing it up.

It’s easy to focus on Remi’s comments, though, the grin settling along his lips full of amusement – as if they’re decade long friends getting together once in a blue moon over a drink and shooting the shit of their separate lives, never missing a beat. “Practicing, huh?” Sunjata retorts, huffing another laugh at the show of playful disappointment. “Is that so?” He leans forward a bit, elbow resting on his leg as he considers Remi. “He's in luck. I’ve been building them since I was just a boy.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Ageing isn't on Remi's radar at all, and so he doesn't think to ask. Instead, he just dips his head, more than understanding this aspect of Nate and Sunjata's relationship, and not at all envying them for the position that they're in.

"He is lucky then. But you know our Ronin—" Our, for there has never been a time that the Alchemist has been ignorant or jealous of the affection between Flood and Star. "—if he thinks you're too much farther ahead than he is, he'll just keep burying himself in pillows and blankets at home, rather than letting you show him the way." It's probably the lingering soldier in Ronin that makes him want to do everything himself, learn it on his own, and prove himself capable. He loves the Star for it, and in times like this when his stubbornness is nothing more than amusing and the only one it harms is Ronin when pillows collapse on him, Remi can fully appreciate this side of his husband.

"Alright well, I"ll get out of your hair." His lingering grin adds for now. "But honestly, if anyone else threatens Nate or you think of a way to help keep him safer here, let me know."

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Our Ronin” sparks a small half-smile along Sunjata’s face, thinking little of it aside from the fact Ronin had certainly made a space for himself in Sunjata’s life. He’s glad to think he’s made space for himself in Ronin’s too. Still, Sunjata concedes to Remi’s point, a huff of a laugh slipping from him. “That’s true.” He agrees quietly, a small roguish grin growing.

Regardless, it is getting late and Sunjata’s already spoken about what he wanted to – gained information where he could. And with that, he moves to stand from the chair he’d been sitting in, fixing his shirt. “You’ll be the first to know.” He amends, flashing a grin. “Thanks again, Remi.” For the information, the safety of his lover. And without much else, he slips out of Remi’s office, waves a quiet hello to whomever he passes in the hallways of the house, and then heads home.

- FIN <3