[se] push away the unimaginable
Ollie!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia

you're staring at the sky
watching stars collide
Amalia rests upon her knees, fresh earth pressed beneath her hands. The sapling she's planted is young and green, but with a promise of long and brilliant life ahead of it.

A promise that Kiada will never have.

The decision to plant in Kiada's memory is not one she's discussed with anyone, or shared. She's chosen this tree because she knows that when LeafChange comes around the leaves will burst into crimson glory. For years to come it will grow and bloom, exhibiting the same vibrancy and fire that the Harpy brought to the world.

She sings as she works, her alto voice warm and tight with emotion, unshed tears. The hymn feels inadequate and yet it is all she can offer to this new life, this representation of all she has lost, of the woman she so desperately misses.

"My life goes on in endless song
'bove Caido's lamentations,
I give to Rae this far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear Rae's music ringing,
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?"

Sighing deeply Amalia settles back upon her heels, her voice trailing off. Staring at the young tree thoughtfully, she reaches out to run her fingers over one jagged leaf. Perhaps no new life will heal the wound on her soul, but at least it is a start.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
and yes i've been changing. for me, not for you
His arrival is rather unceremonious and rather quiet.

Like usual, Oliver had chosen to escape out of his shop and the manor- traveling into the glade for some relief. He didn't like planning his outings- allowing his intuition and curiosity to take over and be his guide. It started out just like any other outting- Oliver would look around as he walked for anything to take back home. A couple of flowers to be crushed into pigments, two small gems that were perfect for the hilt of a blade, and then a flower that held bountiful seeds within its petals that would hopefully provide a great amount of color for the manor.

It seemed that luck was in his favor, leading to him to see a familiar figure in the distance. Oliver had initially planned on shifting- going for a hunt or seeing what all he could explore using his shifts, but plans had already changed.

Walking over towards the figure, Oliver shifted his ears to match that of his fox shift, allowing him to better hear the mournful song.

It took all his might to not allow his emotions to seep through the bond, preserving this moment for Amalia so that she could release everything pent up inside of her until she eventually fell silent. And so he waited for her to speak, to get up and leave, but instead she remained by the sapling: one freshly planted.

A soft sigh leaves his lips as Oliver makes his way over to Amalia. Once a few feet away he speaks out. "Mind if I sit down and join you?" He tried to speak soft and gentle, hoping to not startle her or make her feel any worse than she already felt.
smile for the camera, it's just a shot in the dark
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
She doesn't hear the footsteps behind her, so mundane have her senses become without her partial shift. But the voice is familiar, if a little bit startling, and Amalia's initial surprise fades quickly into a sad smile at the sight of Oliver. "Of course," she murmurs, trying and failing to keep the flush of being caught in this intimate moment from rising to her cheeks.

Shifting her legs more comfortably beneath herself, Amalia looks over as the blacksmith descends. She's grateful for the lack of questions, not keen on dredging up the why behind the sapling, and swiftly presses her own mild query to head off any of his. "Do you come to the Oasis often, Oliver? I've always found it... peaceful. Ever since I was a girl."
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
With her explicit permission given, Oliver carefully moves forward to sit down. Slowly, he descends towards the ground and allows his ears to shift back to normal. It's... weird. Oliver tries to feel through the bond for her but feels absolutely nothing. It's not right to show off his shifts during this moment and so he remains as normal as possible.

For a moment, he is quiet, thinking over her questions. It's obvious she's not ready to talk- not about what he heard. If his answers are what she wants then alright, Oliver will do his answer. In his eyes, they almost feel like a distraction. No matter the case, he will help her in whatever way she requests. "I don't visit here often enough... it really is so beautiful here." His voice comes out soft. His shoulders are relaxed along with his face, no real tension lies anywhere on his body that's noticeable. "It's really nice here... I can see why you'd come here often growing up." There's the faint brushing of a smile on his lips before he shifts his attention towards something else.

Amalia is one of the few that Oliver sees as being truly pure of heart- someone to admire, a blossoming flower that radiates with color. At this moment in time, that flower has wilted, petals are falling off, and it desperately needs nurturing to bring it back to its prime.

Pulling out a bag, he holds it out in his palms. "I wanted to come out and just... let my senses and gut guide me... and so far I haven't been able to find much, but I think what I've found is nice... do you want to look?" The items may be simple and unimportant to many, but each one is beautiful in their own way- representing a different thing in Oliver's eyes. If Amalia would allow him, then he hopes that he can use it to maybe make a small difference, just the smallest of changes to maybe help her out in one way or another.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
He sits down quietly, a soothing enough presence that Amalia lets herself relax a little, her emotions too much to hold tightly to. "We would swim in the Oasis and try to catch dreamfish. Dare each other to leap off trees into the water." Her voice is smoky with nostalgia for those simpler times.

Through almond eyes she watches him extend a small bag, curiosity causing her to lean forward, peer at the objects in his hand. "They're lovely. May I?" Extending a hand she picks up the flower, looking carefully at the seeds within before handing it back. "You should plant these," she suggests with a smile. "I'm sure Frey would love to see more flowers bloom around the shrine."
Blacksmith

Change author:
Amalia is the storyteller and Oliver is but a traveler, listening to what she has to say. Her experiences as a natural are something that Oliver would never truly be able to relate to, but that's all the more reason he loves to hear tales like the one she shares with him. It's a glimpse into this life he was thrown into and although he has many questions, now is not the right time to push. Staying on topic is key. Amalia is troubled, that much Oliver can tell, and it's only right that he let Amalia guide the conversation.

A small hint of a smile crosses on his lips and he nods along. "It sounds fun... I can understand your interest in the Dreamfish... from what I've heard about them they are absolutely incredible creatures." Oliver didn't know much about them, but he knew that they were beautiful and he could only hope with a name like that, they only represented a small piece of the little good they had in this world.

The items are showed and Oliver offers a nod, allowing Amalia to examine whatever piques her interest. Surprisingly, she selects the flower that bore hundreds of seeds. Her offer, though, isn't a surprise- or half of it isn't.

A huff of laughter leaves his lips as he runs a hand through his hair, clearly a bit of an awkward tick. "Well... I don't think anything I could do would impress Frey at this point, I didn't exactly make a good impression." There is light to his voice, this clearly doesn't bother him anymore but it's still something that exists in his life as a scar of his awful behavior before the god. "But... I was planning on planting these back at the manor... maybe here would be a bit more fitting... want to help?"

No matter her response Oliver would shift his gaze towards the ground. Making sure to not plant the flowers too close to the sapling, Oliver would begin to make small holes in the ground with his hands. "The world can always use more color, I think... and flowers are such a perfect way to do just that."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
"Not a good impression? How so?" Amalia's own experience with the dual god has been... strained, at best, and she pulls a little bit of a grimace at the thought. "They appreciate gifts. Did you forget one? I did that, once, and they were not thrilled." They were displeased for other reasons, but that is neither here nor there.

She doesn't expect him to invite her to his home; raising an eyebrow and coloring up, Amalia offers him a smile. "Sure. I'd be glad to help." She watches as he plants some of the seeds here, quietly touched by the gesture - it will make the memorial of her fallen Harpy that much more beautiful in time.

"I think you're right," the Shield agrees softly, turning to gaze at the water of the Oasis. A gilded lily is in bloom, its beautifully dangerous petals glittering in the light. A dreamfish circles lazily around it. The whole scene is serene. "I'm glad there are people like you in the world. People who take the time to appreciate its beauty, and add to it."
Blacksmith

Change author:
Ah... right... Amalia hadn't heard the tale of his experience with Frey. A huff of laughter left of his lips and he shakes his head. "Oh no, I left a gift alright. And that gift royally fucked me over, literally." Gathering himself so he could properly speak, he ruffles his hair with his hand that wasn't covered in dirt. "I decided it'd be a good idea to bring a wooden dildo along with the rest of my offers... I had fallen for someone who ya know, did a one time fling kinda deal. I went to Frey for advice and uh... Frey gave me a wooden dick." His eyes look towards Amalia, watching for her reaction to the last part.

"Safe to say... Frey doesn't like me.... mighty awkward when I was with a friend and he thought I got horny over him totally destroying me in a sparring session." There's humor to his voice, amused by his little interaction with Loren. At the moment it was absolutely mortifying to look like he was horny over his friend, but now he could happily laugh it off.

With Amalia helping to plant, Oliver continued to work. The seeds were plentiful and there was enough for both of them to work on adding some eventual beauty to the little garden they were creating. "I'm sure once these grow up, they will look just beautiful." Or he hoped they would.

Her words bring a smile to his face and he finds his eyes shifting away, hues of pink dancing on his cheeks. Amalia is someone he has looked up to for a while, hearing about all of her tales and great deeds, not to mention her relationship with Safrin. The compliments that she says to him are just... wow. "Thank you... here." Using his creation magic, he makes a small cup. "How's about you get some water? I'm sure the seeds will love it, as will the sapling." It wasn't hard to notice just how much the sapling meant to Amalia and maybe if he could help a small bit, it'd help to make her feel better.

Continuing to plant a couple of seeds, Oliver pressed the seeds into the soil before delicately covering them up. "The world is beautiful, really... everything about it from the sky to the ground... it's why I like art so much and working with my shop." His eyes shift towards her and he offers Amalia a soft smile. "With art, I can paint the things I find most beautiful. And with my shop, I can create things from the minerals from the earth to hopefully add to this world." While he'd never be able to paint a picture that captured the beauty of a sunset, he would always try to show others the things he loved about the world he lived in.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
Oliver may be able to describe his encounter with a perfectly straight face, but Amalia's is coloring steadily pinker, a rosy flush threatening to swallow up all of her tan skin. "Oh," is all she has to say, helpless to further process this information. Despite being married with a healthy sex life, the Shield is still woefully naive in many ways pertaining to sexuality. The only person she'd ever truly spoken openly about sex with had been Adam, and, well...

She swallows and shakes her head, pushing her hair behind her ear with a quiet, halting laugh. "I take it that you're... better, now?" she asks, glancing fleetingly at Oliver before quickly looking away, the color rising in her cheeks.

The creation of the cup plays on her heartstrings painfully, a flash of emotion rocketing over her face before she manages to school her expression again. "I... yeah," she agrees, taking the cup and rising quickly to fill it from the Oasis, taking deep breaths to still her trembling hands. She returns much calmer, gently pouring liquid onto the newly planted sapling and seeds.
Blacksmith

Change author:
It took a tad bit too long for Oliver to recognize Amalia's reaction. His own eyes widened and he left out a huff of laughter in shock. Damn maybe he had overshared a tad bit too much? So many others wanted the deep details of the disastrous curse, wanting to hear about all his failures and just how miserable it was. Hopefully, his calmness would allow her to relax in turn, seeing as Oliver himself was blushing ever so slightly now.

There's a light shrug and while Oliver would've gestured towards himself, he absolutely held back on it. It... absolutely wasn't an appropriate gesture to make, especially in the presence of Amalia. "Yeah, don't worry... I went to Safrin and she helped me out seeing as she really isn't too keen on Frey." The smile grew at the last comment, hoping the two can relate on at least that sentiment. "Honestly, thank fuck for Safrin... Frey didn't explain how the hell I was supposed to fix the curse. I don't know if I'll ever pray to them again... then again, I'm still learning a lot about the gods." What Oliver would've meant was a bit harsher towards the god, but he wanted to leave it open-ended should he ever need such an interaction. Better to leave it on a bad note than a horrific one.

Her reaction is once more telling and Oliver sighs as he watches Amalia carefully water the seedlings. "You know... if there's ever anything you need, you can find me, right? I mean... you've helped me out a lot and so it only seems fitting I help you out in return. Anything from my shop or food or company or- anything." Oliver realizes he is rambling a bit too late and cuts himself off, simplifying it in the end as the blush manifests on his face once more.

Part of him wants to speak again, but he holds himself back, allowing the area to fall quiet. All he can do is wait and see if she's okay with his forwardness. If not, then... oh well.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
She feels relief, both for his escaping from the curse and for the subject being done with. Fondness fills her face at the mention of Safrin, an absent chuckle leaving her lips as she glances back toward the sleeping Oasis. "I'm glad she was able to help you," the girl says quietly. "The gods are... well. Of the heralds, Frey is the one I know the least about, too."

She's just finished watering the newly planted life when Oliver begins to speak again. Amalia turns to face him, a smile rising easily to her mouth. But as he goes on the smile falters, replaced by a puzzled quirk of her brows, and then her mouth opens in a small, surprised 'o' as color abruptly floods her cheeks.

"Um, I... I'm flattered, but I..." Haltingly the Shield attempts to muster her words into coherent sentences. "I'm married, Oliver, and even if I wasn't you're sweet but I'm not... not interested in anything like that." Now brightly flushed indeed, the girl rises to her feet, her hand rubbing awkwardly upon her wrist. "I'm sorry. I should... I should probably go. I'll see you around, okay?"
Blacksmith

Change author:
Knowing Amalia knew just as much about Frey, or that she didn't know a lot, absolutely made him feel a shit ton better. "Yeah, I've literally only seen Ludo once and I feel like I know ten times more about It than I do about Frey- like don't get me wrong, I'd love to learn more... but fuck does it feel like I'm walking on fire." Shaking his head, Oliver really was conflicted about his feelings towards Frey. The god ABSOLUTELY deserved respect, but fuck was he angry at them for being cursed. Plus, how the fuck is he supposed to act around them?! What the fuck!

A hand goes to the side of his face as his eyes widen. His cheeks darken to a very bright red as he realizes just what he did. "No-" It came out so quiet. Fuck was this mortifying. "Don't leave! I'm gay!" It came tumbling out of his mouth in a very panicked way, clearly frustrated with himself for what he did and also absolutely embarrassed that this happened... AGAIN. "I just- I really look up to you, Amalia... I didn't mean to make it sound like I like you in that way- I just wanted to help you out if I could." Hopefully she'd understand and wouldn't absolutely judge him for this horrific mistake.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia

watching stars collide
Well, this is thoroughly mortifying. It appears that Amalia has entirely misinterpreted the situation, though she isn't sure if knowing the truth is better in this case. Stopping in her retreat the Shield turns back to face the blacksmith, her angular cheeks still hot with awkwardness at this continuing to unfold fiasco. "Oh, I'm... Vi's beard, I'm sorry, it just sounded like..." It's a relief to know that he doesn't see her romantically, at least, even if it is a slight bruise to her ego. But it's a bruise she'll gladly accept.

Now utterly uncomfortable, the Shield can only shake her head bemusedly as he explains the actual intention behind the words. "I... you shouldn't," Amalia murmurs, closing her eyes as tears spring suddenly, unbidden, behind the lids. "Look up to me. I'm not- I don't deserve that." Kiada, Deimos, Adam, Peter- how many dead and wounded has she left in her wake, all too accomplish next to naught?

Shaking her head, the Shield takes another step back. "I'm sorry, Oliver. I... I have to go. It's been a long... long week for me and I..." A shuddering breath leaves her lungs. "I'm sorry. It's not your fault."
Blacksmith

Change author:
Raising a hand, Oliver shakes his head. "Hey, it's no problem! What I said should've been worded better.... this also isn't the first time-" Hopefully that would make Amalia feel tons better to know she isn't the first one to make the mistake... both the one of thinking he was straight AND the one of thinking he was hitting on her... yeah Oliver really needs to learn to speak better.

She continues to seem panicked and a frown forms on his face. Wait... what? "Hey, no. Don't say that." What? Why was she acting so upset?

Things change more and Oliver can't exactly do much. Realizing he has messed up a whole lot, he chooses to not fight anymore. His attempts to compliment her had made the entire situation super awkward... fuck. "Please... stay safe." He couldn't hold her back, but he could at least try to send her well wishes. With that done, Oliver remained where he was, a hand moving to grab the grass beside him, hoping to calm himself down enough to head back home. Fuck me.

Feel free to...

FIN!