Brick by brick, bit by bit
for Neron
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

Whatever had been decided at their meeting, Bastien had attended with something else more in mind. Since his discussion with the Voice about plans for the temple, he'd been busy coming up with ways to talk to the people involved in the running of each region about placing it in their areas. Neron had been the first on his list: Bastien was aware the man wasn't in power now, but he had once been, and he hoped perhaps he might be able to nudge the right people.

Sidling up to him after the meeting had finished (Azrael in the room talking to whoever in their family had been unlucky enough to be cornered by the very chatty toddler), Bastien gave Neron a smile a little too familiar for the level of closeness they had (read: none) and said: "Neron. May I speak with you for a moment? I have a favour to ask, but it is one that benefits all of us, if you can help."
If we should be arrested before we sleep
I'll see you outside in a few days or in a few weeks
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
Neron has enjoyed this little get together, finding it easier to commit to Ascended matters now that he doesn’t have to worry about, you know, ruling Halo. So he’s content to dawdle after the meeting is over, having poured himself a glass of wine (it’s white wine, and he wasn’t a fan when he could taste, but that’s hardly a problem now). Still, Bastien will find him peering into he glass, leaning against one of the walls to watch the room.

He sees the man coming, having never met or spoken to him before, and so the degree of familiarity is a little bemusing. Nonetheless, Neron bites. Not literally though... you get it. ”Bastien, was it?”” He tilts his head. ”It sounds like quite the favour. Go ahead, let’s see if I can do anything to help.”
you're so cold, put your hand in mine

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN

How better to start a close relationship than act like one had always been there? They were all siblings of the Voice after all, and with what he was about to ask, Bastien suspected he and Neron might swiftly see more of each other.

"Well. I spoke to our Goddess recently. I am not sure if you know this, but..." Here he put his hand to his breast, some genuine sorrow there in his face. "..Queen Rexanna, who died this Longnight, was my wife. I went to the Voice to see how she was, now that her spirit resides elsewhere." As much as Bastien absolutely, obviously, was distraught with grief, admittedly the reason for bringing this up was for sympathy, if Neron had any to give, in the hopes it might make him more likely to assist.

"Another thing I asked the Voice for was a task to take on to clear my mind. So. I am to make us a new gathering place, a church of sorts, for us to meet, pray to our Goddess, and most importantly declare to the rest of the world that we are, as much of any of them, worthy of respect and beauty. They have their temple, this will be ours." As always, Bastien gestured wildly while speaking, hands moving to emphasise his points. "This temple...I would need the approval of the Leader of wherever it is placed."

Hoping that now Neron might begin to understand what it was he needed, Bastien gave the man a moment to absorb everything so far before continuing. "So. I know you know the Warden of Halo, that you in fact possessed the role yourself prior to...I am honestly not sure, but you must know her reasonably well, yes? If you can talk to her for me, convince her to approve of our church...well. Not only will it benefit all of us, but I have something for you specifically to sweeten the deal, if that is not enough." Here he winked, then waited to see what Neron would say.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
neron
Bastien will not have to try for sympathy; there is a definite darkening of the Hailstorm’s expression as Rexanna is brought up, and he nods to his fellow Ascended. ”She introduced me to the Grounds, and I reciprocated with Halo, when I was Warden and she was Queen,” he explains. ”She was a remarkable woman, and I was sorry to hear that she had been killed.” Because Rexanna had not died, in Neron’s opinion. It had not been a natural cause.

But there is more to speak of, and the artist has certainly garnered Neron’s attention. He sips at his wine as he listens, sharp gaze intrigued, though as it all clicks neatly into place - convince Morgan to let the Ascended build their holy temple in Halo - he almost snorts into his glass. ”My relationship to the Glacier is complex to say the least. I am still not entirely sure that she doesn’t mean to exile me or burn me at a stake.” He shakes his head.

However, that doesn’t mean that it will stop him. ”I will certainly be a delicate conversation.” Sweetening the deal, though? That would certainly help to grease his wheels. ”I’m listening.”

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN

Bastien was learning of many different perceptions of Rexanna over time, but the one similarity was that everyone had found her radiant, exceptional, as Neron said remarkable; he smiled at the description, nodding, his heart full. In his distraction, he didn't notice the word choice of 'killed'.

He could see that Neron was amused by his proposition, but he didn't seem to toss out the possibility right away. "The Glacier? What a name. I wouldn't be surprised if you were killed either, with an acquaintance called that." Joke made with a small chuckle, Bastien wondered if he'd have to talk to the Warden himself to make his case...and if he'd make it out alive.

"Well." The deal he'd made with Lily was already proving it's worth in sexy gold; with a smirk, Bastien looked down to where Neron's once-working attributes had been. "You are a reasonably new Ascended, yes? You must miss what you once had...what your body could once do." Sure that Neron would follow his meaning (and tossing in a wink just in case), he looked back up. "I have somewhere where you will find yourself reactivated in every way. Perfect if there is a special someone in your life you wish to impress. So what do you say?"
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
neron
”Your confidence is very much appreciated,” Neron drawls, though he can’t keep the amusement out of his voice. Mainly because he and Bastien are of the same mindset - one wrong step and he’s got a funny feeling that Morgan will mount his head on her mantelpiece. (And he’d look fabulous, but that’s beside the point).

But he’s drawn out of his distraction by the way his fellow Ascended gazes very obviously down at his crotch, Neron following his gaze as if expecting to have spilled wine there or something. But no, as the other man speaks so plainly, the Hailstorm’s smile grows and he finishes his drink and sets the glass down on a side table.

”So I attempt to bring Morgan on side to make this Ascended gathering place, and in return I get to play in your magic sex room?” He lets out a velvet laugh. ”I believe we have a deal.”

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN

All he can do is laugh at Neron's comment, shrugging: never having met the woman who had earned herself such a mighty title, he couldn't really imagine how she was or how likely it was Neron was about to meet his end (but it was certainly more likely than if her title was something like 'the river').

Luckily for Bastien, it seemed that all Ascended, at least the ones he had spoken to so far, really were motivated by the chance to have sex to the best of their ability again. With a grin and a nod, he reached out a hand for shaking. "Wonderful! Do let me know how it goes!"

{FIN}