the mountains are calling and I must go
Explorer's Guild Formation
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Gods above, this might be the closest Wessex has been to ‘nervous’ in a long time; walking into a crack in a glacier is no big deal, but somehow seeing if people want to start a Guild with her, is. Try and figure that one out, armchair psychologists (hint: it has to do with her distinct lack of ‘friends.’)

Loki circles, swoops, and dives above the Wraith as the cloaked and leather-clad woman waits on the beach. The light still lingers, but the chill of an oncoming storm is in the air. Nothing on the horizon yet, but there’s a feeling of something incoming. Eerily still in some ways, the demigod slowly paces, each foot seeming to be deliberate in its placement. She’s listening, waiting, and half-expecting to fail; after all, she is no innocent figure. Either directly or indirectly, there’s many a person’s blood on her hands - who in their right mind would want to join a Guild with a person who might get you killed?

Only someone in their wrong mind,that’s who.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
I'm feeling devious
You're looking glamorous
Well, he had been looking for excitement recently (which was probably irresponsible, given the new child, but he had to stave off the grief somehow).

Bastien had made the trip into Torchline for a completely different reason, intending to buy some of the paints they sold by the shore, some of which shone with a tint that he could not imagine finding in the Hollowed Grounds, derived from mother of pearl and opalescent. Having overheard a conversation by two customers nearby about a woman matching Wessex's description recruiting for a Guild...well, he was interested.

Coming down to the beach, he hoped whatever Wessex was suggesting might be something fun, something he could use to stretch the adventuring muscles he'd found in himself after Rexanna's death (recklessly throwing himself into danger to let go of grief and stress? Nahhhh.). "Hello, Wessex. I'm interested to see what this is all about, hm?"
Let's get mischievous
and polyamorous
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
Bastien? A surprise, indeed. Raising a brow at the brother she’s most recently clashed with, she is filled with her own sense of intrigue. “A guild dedicated to exploring, hopefully.” To keep what happened to Kiada from happening again. A group of intrepid, brave individuals who are excited by the idea of places unseen by anyone they know for the past four hundred years. She smiles, wanting to wait to see if anyone else shows up before they begin.

Alas, no one will show up. The disappointment is evident on the Wraith’s face, perhaps the would of unpopularity still open from thirty years of (un)intentional slights. She sighs and turns to Bastien. “I was hoping to put together a group of people who found the idea of the unexplored exciting, but… perhaps I underestimated the appeal. Or overestimated peoples’ feelings about me.” Turning herself towards the port, she begins to traipse back, feet sinking into the sand the same way the feelings sink into her heart. Slowly. On the surface.

She’ll be fine soon.

“I’ll let you know if there’s any interest later. Thanks for coming out.” Unfortunately, one cannot have a guild without members. So she’s back to square negative one.

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all