Training Stick 'em with the pointy end
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
how do you wanna face it? when the end is so close you can taste it
What the incident with the Sea Panther taught me is that I can apparently call down a God, but other ‘n that, I can’t really do shit. Stab things? Sure, I can do that too, but apparently not well enough. An’ it’s not in a depressing, defeatest sorta way, just a realization that these Outlanders and Grounders are fucking strong an’ if I ever want t’be able to hold my own against ‘em, I gotta fix that.

Magic is outta the question. So… I guess that leaves magical things. An’ knowing how to use ‘em.

I hold the Sea Panther horn gingerly, for some reason worried that it might break. I feel its weight, its heft, the way it won’t cut the way a normal knife or blade will. It’s purely a… skewering weapon. An’ impaling sorta thing, which is crazy because I’ve never, ever, fought with somethin like that before. Pointy bit only.

So I wade out to the shallows of the sandbar and squat down, becoming very still, my hands hovering with the blade right above the water, just waiting for something to swim by…
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun knew he probably shouldn't be out swimming, during monsoon season, in the daytime. However, he missed the ocean sometimes, and was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Luckily, he didn't need to breathe, and could swim beneath the surface where it was hard for the beams of light to reach him.

Which he was doing, with long practiced strokes. Other than some thick metal bracers adorning his wrists he wasn't wearing anything. They weighed him down a bit, but that didn't really matter much.

Still he could feel that his body had tired during his latest scan. So he turned and headed back to the sandbar with the strange building where he'd stashed his clothes. He spotted a figure waiting by the bank but didn't think too much of it.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
There’s a ripple, a movement - somethin’ catches my attention out’a the corner’a my eye. My gut reaction says it’s somethin’ big, so I try an’ shift just my upper body, loathe to make other kinds’a ripples in the water. A’course it turns out it’s not a fish, and a mostly-nude brown skinned man hauls himself outta the water like it’s just no big deal. Like ‘e couldn’t have died out there, particularly when the water’s likely to be rougher.

Like ‘e didn’t respect the Ocean.

I scowl, fishin’ forgotten in the absurdity of it all. “Oi,” I say, louder ‘n usual. An’ whether or not I’ve got ‘is attention, I keep on. “The fuck ye doin’ out in the water like that? People would’a risked their lives to go in and getcha.” I mean, any decent person would’a. I don’t know if I would - seem to have taken a bit to heroin’, but I ain’t a hero by any means. Might’a just said stupid is as stupid does and left ‘im.

But that’s beside the point. The point is that he’s bein’ careless. An’ I’m so sick’a people comin’ from outta Torchline an’ usin’ it as their personal playground.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
As the woman began speaking, Amun pushed the wet hair off his forehead and out of his eyes. Raising an eyebrow, he grinned at her. "People, huh?" He put his hands on his hips and swept his gaze over her.

Then he grinned slowly. "I am sorry to have worried you, and I appreciate your concern." Chuckling, he started walking towards the little chapel thing dropping his hands to his side as he did.

However, he kept his gaze trained on her all the while. "But I can take care of myself in the water. I wouldn't have risked going out during monsoon season if I couldn't." His grin broadened, showing off his fangs. "Plus I have a few tricks up my sleeves." Winking, he spread his arms a bit, which were bare except for the metal bracers.

He stopped at the entrance to the building and faced her again. "But if I can make it up to you, please let me know." Smirking now, he cocked his head to one side. "I owe you a small favor, I suppose."

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Oh he’s so fuckin’ clever, ain’t he?

Only the flash of fangs and some deep seated memory that Ascended don’t need to breathe - and therefore can’t drown - set my hackles back to normal. Huh. Where’s the Raz that would have said fuck it, let ‘im drown? I miss that version’a me. She was far less jumpy and stressed.

“Aight,” I say and put my hands up, given’ in to what he says. Won’t worry about you at all, the snarky side’a me says. An’ I turn the other way too, tryin’ to figure where I left off with the fish, when he offers a favor. So I turn back with a thoughtful expression an’ look at the horn in my hand. “You know how to fight well?” I ask, gaze flitting back up to the stranger. “Got a new toy here, but I ain’t exactly experienced.” To say the least.

Everyone’s always done the big, bad fightin’ for me. It’s time I had my own serious weapons.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Tucking his thumbs into his waistband, Amun grinned at the woman. "I'm sorry. I'll be more careful from now on, promise." He inclined his head to her when she finally relented.

He turned to head into the cathedral when her words stopped him in his tracks. Glancing over his shoulder, his grin deepened into a smirk. "I used to tell people I was a lover but I know how to do other dances now." Facing her again he cocked his head to one side.

Chuckling, he nodded at the strange tooth she held. "Leaving aside the obvious insinuations of agreeing to let you use your toy on me, we can practice a bit." With that, the bracers shifted until he had a knife in each hand, one pointed front the other back. Widening his stance, he gestured for her to strike first.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Much like someone who might use their ‘toys’ on a partner, I fall on the ‘one night stand’ end, perhaps less invested in their story and talkin’ than I should be. I’m lookin’ for a quick fix, baby, an’ the sooner I can get it an’ fall asleep, the better.

An’ once I have his consent (consent is important), I begin to adjust my grip on the horn, tryin’ to figure out where best to hold it to get the right thrust while still maintainin’ control. In fact, I almost miss the shift’a his bracers, eyes widenin’ a bit as the metal morphs ‘n changes. ‘S that magic or somethin’ the Voice gave ya?” My tone’s changed, no longer as hostile. More curious. I suppose this… meetin’ could be quite the learnin’ experience. In multiple ways.

At his invitation, I pull a move from Saiden an’ kick at his eyes first, then go in for a quick slice to his right thigh.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Grinning at the woman, Amun winked. "Yes." Chuckling, he spun one of the knives across his knuckles before grasping it firmly again. "It's both magic and something the Voice gave me." He cocked his head to one side. "You interested in learning more about her?"

As she kicked towards him, he swayed backwards a bit. However, she was taller than he'd anticipated, and the daylight made him sluggish. So she had no trouble temporarily blinding him.

He swiped the back of his hand across his eyes to clear them. The slice on his thigh didn't hurt, but it did start leaking fluid. Growling, he shifted one of the knives into a baton and attempted to strike her in the right shoulder.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Do I want to learn more about the Voice?

“Maybe,” I reply, shifting my weight carefully, tryin’ to get a good enough traction in the sand. “Despite bein’ Accepted, I can’t get a god to show up. Voice included.” But then Ludo had some to save them at the beach. And Remi ain’t bad. Safrin’s folks seem okay too - but then so do the Ascended. “So I really don’t know shit about ‘er.” Other than she made the portals, originally. A black mark in my book if there ever was one.

Turns out I totally mean to kick sand in his eyes, but forgot to specify the sand I’m very surprised that my kick works, even more surprised when the horn point strikes flesh (?), leaving me waiting for him to do somethin’. I try to put an arm up to block his now-baton, but am a second or two late, the metal slamming into the fleshy part’a my shoulder. Grittin’ and growlin’, I try to grab his arm from the inside with the right and quickly jab the horn point into his abdomen. Uh, hopefully somewhere non-important, though if I remember correctly, it won’t really matter where I stab, because his organs aren't vital anymore... right?
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Nodding at the woman's explanation, Amun smiled. "Have you ever prayed to the Voice directly?" He cocked his head to one side. "She's usually pretty receptive." Then he grinned. "If you do want to meet her, though, I'd be happy to arrange that. Or just answer questions, that's fine too."

As the baton thudded into the woman's shoulder, the potter narrowed his eyes. He let her counterattack take him in the guts. Frowning down at the wound, he raised his eyebrows. "What kinda dagger is that anyway?"

As he spoke, his own attack was underway. His arms dipped low, his upgrade changing the other knife to a baton as well. His goal was to try and sweep across her legs and knock her off her feet, or at least off balance.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
“‘Course I ‘ave,” I retort with a snort, as if I don’t know how the Gods work. “But I wouldn’t mind someone vouchin’ fer me.” I’m literally straddling the middle ground, waitin’ to be swayed one way or the other, and I’m shameless about it. Clearly - I’m taking a stranger up on the offer’a putin’ in a good word with a Goddess I barely know of. Maybe that’s the problem. I can be bought an’ want to be bought.

“Sea Panther Horn,” I correct, as if it’s obvious. But then my feet go out from underneath me (cause I was payin’ attentio to the conversation more ‘n I should have) and I’m flat on my ass. I try to keep him away while I’m scrambling up, this time actually trying to kick the sand at him, instead of just my feet.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Cocking his head to one side, Amun smiled at the woman. "Well I am sorry she didn't answer. But seeing as I'm always happy to introduce people to her, I would be glad to visit a shrine with you." He chuckled. "If that's actually something you want, my name is Amun Arlun. You can send a note to my pottery studio in the Hollowed Ground whenever."

Raising an eyebrow when the stranger answered his question, he grinned. "Sure. Were you part of the group that fought the one around here?" He'd vaguely heard a rumor about that attack, though very few details.

When she kicked sand at him, he danced backwards. Making sure he wasn't blinded by the strike, he slammed his hands and the batons together. They formed a longer rod, kind of a mini staff. Without giving her much time to recover, he struck towards her gut, trying to knock the wind out of her.

Coding base by Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
“I’ll keep that in mind,” I reply with a small smile, trying to balance talkin’ an’ fightin’ at the same time an’ not quite sure how well I’m doin’. While he dances back from the sand I figure it’s a good time to introduce myself. “‘M Raza. I own the Hanged Man, an’ anyone in Torchline can tell ya where it is.” If he doesn’t already know. I know Ascended don’t need food ‘n water like regular folks an’ I assume that means booze too, though that doesn’t seem to keep ‘em from drinking. I know of at least two who do.

However, a “Yep,” is all I manage to get out before the blunt end’a a staff or somethin’ gets me in the side, as I’m gettin’ up. I tried to twist away from it, but there was no stoppin’ it, so back down I go. Not quite as bad as a kidney punch, and strangely initially ticklish, pain radiates round my side an’ abdomen from that well-placed strike. I’m obviously wincing as I try to get back up, momentarily unable to defend myself.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun grinned. "Aye, I've been to the Hanged Man. It's nice." Chuckling, he winked at Raza. "Though you may not approve of my drinking habits." He waggled his eyebrows at her.

As his blow connected, he winced in sympathy. Allowing her to get to her feet fully, he took the time to shift his rod back into two smaller batons. Only when he was sure she had recovered did he strike again.

His right hand shot forward. Aiming for her left shoulder, he tried to slam his weapon down on it. Although he tried not to put too much force behind the blow, it was a fierce strike.

Coding base by Sky!