when we were young
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and I tried to remember how nice it had been
Vai lets out a long whoosh of air as she battles her way back inside. It’s pitch black with another storm out there, but the wind had blown over something important out by the porch, and so she’d gone out to try and get it back upright. Now all is well, but the witch looks a touch windblown (to say the least). Grumbling and pulling her wait hair back into a messy braid, she heads to the kitchen to put the kettle on the stove.

With a clean towel in hand, she dabs at her wet face as she waits for it to whistle, then rummages around in the cupboard for a variety of odd late night snacks. Included is a hunk of bread, some cheese, a jar of spiced apple jam, and a liquorice tea that she plans on trying. If Vai is lucky, Felix won’t smell that she’s got food.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
kidnap me from my reality & crushed pieces of my soul
Felix might not, and perhaps not even Ianto will, but Remi does. He'd been half-asleep on the couch when Vai came and then passed into the kitchen. It was the smell of food that pulled him finally from sleep, causing the Alchemist to rather comically poking a sleepy head over the back of the couch to peer into the kitchen with narrowed but interested eyes.

Padding softly into the kitchen, wearing only a pair of Ronin's sweatpants and a tattered blanket wrapped around his shoulders (stolen from Sugar's den, obviously), Remi leans against the doorframe with a sly grin. "How did you know I needed a snack?" He asks offering the witch a crooked smile and not at all hiding the way he sniffs at the air.
colour me outside the lines
until my shattered heart is whole
REMI
Table & Gif-sniping by SKY who deserves our love and affection for always.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Vai turns with a spoon in her mouth, obviously having been sneaking some of the apple jam while she waits for the kettle, though her lips form into a fiendish sort of smile. ”You look a mess,” she says affectionately, setting the spoon down and grabbing a knife to carve out a few slices of bread for them. ”Like some poor waif, waiting for a morsel to eat. Luckily for you, I’ve got you covered.”

Slathering the bread with jam and cheese (yes, together), she shoves it all onto a plate and sets it down on the table. ”Sugar is not going to thank you for that, she smirks, nodding at the blanket before crossing the room as if to hug him, before forcing herself to stop. ”Ah, I heard about your... y’know.” His new magic, she means.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi immediately opens his mouth to argue, thinks better of it, and glances down. Wrapped up in the blanket as he is, he hasn't noticed that there is an old bit of bread with jam stuck to the fabric. Frowning, any potential retort now gone, the Alchemist smiles sheepishly as he pulls off the crust of bread (it takes a good deal of fuzz from the blanket with it), and puts it on the counter where Sugar is bound to devour it before the morning. "That I am. All skin and bones." He agrees, moving the blanket to grab a pinch of skin (there's no muscle on him anywhere, they both know it), and nods emphatically.

"Well, she can take it up with me if she's got something to say." And indeed she likely would, and Remi would walk away with new scars for it in all likelihood. But such was the risk of living with a dragon.

As Vai halts before him, Remi smiles bashfully and perhaps a touch uncomfortably. He nods tight-lipped, ruffling a hand through his curls. "It...yes. Ronin made me gloves but I seem to have left them upstairs." Not that gloves would help where hugs were involved. Bundling himself up in the blanket such that most of his skin was covered, Remi raises a brow. Vai would need to do the hugging, but at least she could be in contact with him without all of her emotional secrets being on offer.
REMI
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
Such was the risk of antagonising a dragon, Vai would have corrected, but she’s a little busy with other things right now. It doesn’t stop her from wrinkling her nose to watch Remi peel the crust of bread from the blanket, the witch shaking her head slowly to him. ”You have perfectly good blankets of your own,” she reminds him, not that she thinks it will make a mote of difference.

Still, Vai is suddenly very thankful for the tattered thing when Remi uses it to bundle himself all up, the witch laughing softly and reaching out to wrap her arms around him. Even with the extra precautions, she’s careful just to focus on how she feels right now, and just about Remi, so if anything does sneak through, hopefully it won’t be unpleasant. Behind them, the kettle begins to whistle. ”Want some liquorice tea?” she asks.
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"But they were all the way upstairs and this one was within arms-reach." Remi protests, as if Vai is the one being irrational here.

As Vai raises her arms to hug him, Remi does his best to barricade the wellspring of power that churns inside. It's a difficult thing, what with magic constantly flooding his veins, but presently he feels nothing but warmth from the witch. He's grateful for that, given that the reasons Vai might be awake at this house could have something to do with Zephyr. And good or bad, he'd rather keep his information about that affair to just what Vai tells him, and not what he feels from her.

"Absolutely I do." He hums, plopping himself down at the table and helping himself to a sandwich. The cheese and jam together complement each other wonderfully, and all too soon the Alchemist has covered himself in crumbs and errant bits of cheese which have fallen into his lap.

"What were you doing out? Did another hel get caught in the roof?" He asks, mouth still half-full.
REMI
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”You know, I thought you would,” Vai murmurs with a smirk, stepping away to get the tea ready and snagging some of their snack on the way, in case Remi decides to just hoover it all up. ”I suppose if you put it back where you found it before you go upstairs, maybe you’ll be forgiven,” she says of the blanket, setting two mugs down on the table and slumping into a seat to grab another bit of bread.

”Mm, no. Your favourite chair tried to start a new life at the Aumakua. I had to chase it down and fight the wind to bring it back. You’re welcome, by the way.” she winks, before slowly looking him up and down. ”Do you know, sometimes I think you’ve grown down since I met you. But then I remember you’ve always been this way.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Only time will tell if he returns the blanket back to Sugar before she notices it was gone.

"Did it? Well, it'd be a hard life over there for the chair, but who am I to stop it?" Remi's grin turns from childish to appropriately scowl-y as Vai points out his messiness. Pausing to brush at the blanket—which subsequently sends crumbs to rain down on the floor—the Alchemist huffs a sound of feigned annoyance. "Well, I've been living here with Ronin for a year. What did you expect, letting the two of us go about our lives without any supervision?" The two of them, demigods though they are, were not adulty-enough adults by any stretch of the imagination.
REMI
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”You are no one to stop it, apparently. That’s why I had to go out there and persuade it to reconsider its decisions. I think it might just be sad that you’ve not gone to visit it so often this season. Hopefully LongHeat will find you lounging with it for a good few evenings.” She grins, finishing her hunk of bread and cheese and blowing the steam from her mug. The withering gaze she gives Remi as he brushes crumbs onto the floor is entirely motherly, but she can’t hide her smile.

”Has it really been a year,” she echoes, almost whispering the words. Tugging her sleeve down to cover her hand, she reaches out to cover Remi’s with her own, using the fabric as a suitable barrier. ”Time is flying by. I ought to find somewhere for Felix and I to stay, rather than freeloading from you.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
{asy}"Reconsider." The Alchemist repeats with a chuckle. "You always were good at that. Steering us to do the right things, without us knowing it was you at the reins." Not knowing just how wrong she would be (or perhaps he would be lounging in it, thinking he was stranded on a wicker island he couldn't' escape from), Remi just grins widely and nods.

"Yes. I think...maybe almost exactly a year. The festival is happening in the Greatwood." Remi's shoulders shrug a touch oafishly as he regards the bread on his plate. Glancing up at Vai's touch, the Alchemist forces a smile which quickly melts into something genuine. "Somewhere where a certain someone doesn't have to climb in and of windows, perhaps?"

The same way none mention Ronin and Remi's night time noises (and morning, and afternoon), no one mentions Zephyr's unstealthy entrances and exits. Grinning with all the affectionate mischief of a son, Remi raises his brows a few times as he tosses a chunk of cheese into his mouth, letting it puff out one of his cheeks.
REMI
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:
”I beg to differ. I might be at the reins but my carriage is out of control. I’m just trying my best to steer you away from cliff edges or deep rivers. The rest is entirely up to you.” She winks, giving his hand a squeeze before sitting back again, a wicked blush racing along her cheeks. ”He quite enjoys climbing in and out of the windows, I’ll have you know. He’s afraid to come in through the door - who knows what he might see.”

She raises her eyebrows at Remi, knowing he knows what she means, though she quickly dissolves into laughter. ”I’m not quite sure I’m prepared to move in with the man just yet. And there’s Felix to think about, of course. It’s more for you and Ronin - it can’t be easy, suddenly having a home full of people.”
a long long time ago
Vervain
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well, and I can fly now, so that certainly adds another element to the entire thing." Remi chuckles in response, his grin entirely jagged and mischievous.

Strange as it is for this conversation to have turned to sexual encounters, the Alchemist can only shrug his shoulders with all the carefree attitude of a teenager. "Well I'm sure it's nothing he hasn't seen before." Were Vai not the closest thing to a mother he'd known the past few years, he'd have made some joke about Zephyr joining in.

This time when Remi shrugs, it's a touch more sombre. "It's nice more often than it's a hassle." He says slowly, his eyes flickering up to her face. "The days of small rooms, beds hardly large enough for two, and me flying away before Dev comes back and throttles me for being in your bed seem like a lifetime ago. It's.." Tapping his bread on the table, Remi is reduced to yet another shrug. "I don't know. It's nice to have family around."

So saying, the pair speak long into the night even after their snack has finished. Eventually they retire to their own rooms with full bellies and far calmer minds.

~FIN
REMI