(SE) time of your life
Remington <3
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

”Rude? Me? How dare you,” Ronin mutters affectionately, flailing a little as Remi decides to roll about and fit himself snug against the huntsman. Still, at least in the cocoon of his arms he can’t get himself in much trouble, and Ronin buries his nose against soft curls, acutely aware of the fever heat rolling out of his husband. Absently, he finds Remi’s hand, so he can check on the cut to his thumb. Satisfied that he won’t lose the digit, he turns his attention to the other man’s question.

”Mm... enough to care for you when you’re sick,” he says. ”And to rock you back to sleep. I’d sail to the moon in a seashell for you. And I’d travel to the ends of the world to find you.” Maybe it’s encouraging the outlandish thoughts his husband seems to be coming up with, but... at least this way, perhaps he can paint better pictures for Remi.

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
'I'm very daaaaarrrrrr..." Remi stretches out the sound of daring for so long that his mind loses track entirely of what it was he was trying to say. Frowning, he shrugs it off, allowing Ronin to take his hand. The huntsman will find that the Alchemist has taken off the bandage and has lathered the wound in saliva. All things considered, it's...probably not the worst thing he might have done.

"m'not sick." Remi corrects petulantly. "No rocks in the bed" He adds, huffing with annoyance, and shifting the bedsheets into his mouth so he can begin to shred them with his teeth. "Add it to the list." The Alchemist says of needing a shell for their honeymoon, since that's apparently how they'll get there. "But your cloud might get jealous."

Drowsily now, his teeth slowly ceasing the way they have been grinding back and forth on their sheets, Remi pulls in a deep breath. "Don't fall off though." He murmurs, of Ronin going to the ends of the earth for him.  "Unless there's a wall and then..watch your nose."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Gods, if Ronin weren’t worried by Remi’s antics, he’d surely find them hilarious. Still, finding the bandage removed and that his partner’s thumb has been thoroughly licked clean is hardly ideal. Still, as has already been mentioned - better than some of the things that might have happened. He tucks his hand away again, able to hear Remi grinding his teeth against the bedsheets but thinking again of mentioning it, in case he makes it worse.

”Okay, okay.” He laughs softly, murmuring into the Alchemist’s hair and letting his fingers gently stroke along Remi’s shoulder, hoping he can lull him to sleep. ”You’re very darr, and you’re not sick. I’m sorry for saying so - I promise I’ll keep the rocks out of bed. Just for you.”

Smiling sweetly against Remi’s curls, Ronin nods his agreement. ”I’ll be careful, whether there’s a wall or not. I can’t find you if I’m falling off the ends of the earth, can I?”

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"For you too. Rocks aren't comfortable to sleep on." Remi all but sasses back. Cracking open an eye as the flaw in his reasoning is pointed out (or at least a flaw in his reasoning that he can understand), the Alchemist tries to follow his own thought pattern.

"Would you take a cloud? Or a seashell? What's the topography like at the end of the world?" All good questions. In fact, they're so good, that Remi is now quite convinced that Ronin is in fact taking this trip. "Here, you'll need this." He says of the "candle" he discarded earlier. Rolling over in bed and reaching for the potted pot thrown onto the ground, he hands it to Ronin. "In case it's dark."

Good luck putting those pieces together, buddy.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

”They certainly aren’t. You and I have slept on enough of them, in our time,” Ronin agrees with a sleepy smile. ”I would take my cloud, of course. The seashell is to go to the moon - the honeymoon.” Weirdly, it even makes sense in his mind, and Ronin is worried that he might have gotten sick as well. He’s still musing over what the end of the world might look like, almost feeling himself start to drift off when his husband decides that snoozing is off the cards again.

Blinking his eyes back open, the Star furrows his brow and accepts the plant pot that Remi fishes for, staring at it like it might hold all the answers that the other man absolutely doesn’t have. ”I... thank you,” he decides, unsure whether he will regret asking more about it. ”Remi, I think maybe you ought to get some rest now, don’t you?”

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"We did?" Well, Remi can't remember but Ronin wouldn't lie. Sleeping on rocks seems like a terrible idea though. "But what if there are no clouds. Can your cloud...can it be a cloud if there are no clouds?" Then, panic seems to set in, and Remi flops over unhappily. "Will there be a sky?" There's only a restaurant at the end of the universe/world. No one said anything about a sky.

Remi appears to be listening intently to what Ronin is saying, at least until he's asked a question which he responds to with a confused blink of his eyes. "Don't I, what?" He wonders, adorably puzzled as he brushes away a bit of dirt left from moving the pot across the bed. He gives Ronin a disgruntled look as if the mess is his fault.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

”I suppose I will find out when I get there. If there are no clouds and no sky, then I’ll turn right back around and come back to get my seashell. That might work instead,” he says slowly, having no choice now but to play along, setting the pot gently down next to the glass of water before turning back to his husband. With a sad smile, he reaches out and helps to swipe all of the dirt off the blankets, trying to banish the thunder from Remi’s expression.

Only then does Ronin lay down, holding out an arm for Remi. ”Would you tell me a story?” he asks quietly. Perhaps the Alchemist can lull himself off to dreams in a way that Ronin can’t - indeed, he only seems to provoke more questions.

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"What if I'm gone by then?" Remi asks in a low voice, trepidation screaming through the bond as he swallows. His throat is suddenly quite dry as he imagines being in a void of nothingness. "No sky, no moon." He whispers prophetically. "No moon, nothing for the seashell to fly to."

The notion of a story has the Alchemist smiling to himself and nodding. "Okay, but only because you're sick." He mumbles, before clearing his throat. The story starts in something which absolutely isn't the common language. It has all the same inflections, but it's absolute bullshit. Everynow and then he'd throw in an 'understandable' phrase like, "..but then grape jelly was leaking out the hole in the roof." or "..He wasn't bitter that she had moved on but from the radish." Then by the sound of his voice the story took a dark turn indeed. Remi's voice dropped and the bits of intelligible words were suddenly draped in suspense. "..they looked up at the sky and saw a million stars, but the tsunami wave crashed against the raised houses and broke the pilings as if they were toothpicks. There was nothing to be done. He had decided to accept his fate of accepting his fate."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

”Impossible. I’ll always find you and bring you home,” Ronin reassures his husband, folding his arms around him and sighing softly at the idea of the story. Not that it... makes any sense. Or is in any sort of rational language. Still, Ronin nods along, making the appropriate noises now and then to reflect what Remi’s tone seems to be telling him. As the Alchemist continues, the Star is combing gentle fingers through his hair, wondering whether he ought to get a cool compress from somewhere, or if Remi would let him near with it.

”That sounds like it doesn’t have a happy ending.” He smiles down at his husband, though it would be a lie to say he isn’t a little worried that the dark turn in the story might lead Remi down a darker path. ”You’re very kind to tell me a story though, when I’m so sick.”

ronypony
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"Not all stories do." Remi replies sagely, before reaching a hand up to stroke the side of Ronin's cheek as if the Star really were the injured party here. "You'll feel better after you've slept." He parrots, pulling Ronin toward him. The Alchemist is the temperature of the sun, and the sheen of sweat on his body has darkened his hairline and pooled on his upper lip. He smells the earthy smell of the sick, his fever radiating outwards leaving his eyes red-rimmed and his lashes beaded together.

Sleep latches onto him with insidious tentacles and leech-like demand. Remi doesn't drift into unconsciousness, but feels pushed. Like falling through ice the world is sharp and disorienting, and despite the heat the radiates off of himself, his bones are stiff with cold.

~FIN