Flame of the Candle
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The meeting had ended however it had ended, and Gideon had gone to continue his usual routines, though he was admittedly distracted. The lighting of the candles in the Cathedral, something he usually stayed as mindful as he could during, went by quickly, his thoughts lost in other places; he had never ventured far out of Stormbreak, but now he found himself burning with curiosity to know and see what lay beyond.

And to correct the sins of those living without the Gods.

He had fantasised once or twice about lecturing the wayward Ascended on their crimes to nature, on telling them plainly just how damned their souls and lives were, but he'd yet to meet one. Gideon was caught up in another one of these imaginary scenarios, letting the Ascended in his mind (huge fangs, evil cackle, blood dripping down the chin) really have it, when he paid the price of his distraction: he burnt himself on the match, gritting his teeth and waving his finger back and forth. "Ah, damn." He mumbled, the sound echoing around the mostly-empty hall.
GIDEON
You claim to be virtuous, but you're a liar
And you'll feel the heat of the flames
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Dorian
The Orator
"The Priest swearing? My, what troubling times we do live in."Dorian said softly, a light chuckle echoing through the hall as he entered. The heels of his pristinely polished shoes clicked gently against the stone floor, his hands clasped behind him. As always, the Orator was impeccably dressed and groomed - somehow managing to make even a bit of scruffy stubble appear the height of fashion. Though he rarely had the time to visit the cathedral during one of Gideon's sermons, he was no stranger to the place. But he rarely called upon the gods, or spoke his worship aloud, keeping his thoughts and questions in the recesses of his mind, away from prying ears. Why he did so was a matter he never discussed,

He came to a halt, just short of where the older man stood, a friendly smile on his lips. "Is your attention slipping, in your old age Clemments?" he asked teasingly. "You ought to inform Falke, he may wish to put you under Tobi's watch for a time if so."
I'm only responsible for what I say
Not what you understand
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The sound of a voice distracted him momentarily from the pain and Gideon turned as he waved the match around to extinguish it; seeing another member of the Order he smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Not a single word in our God's wishes about not swearing. I try to save it for the worthy moments, though." Also, he could think of far worse things to say than damn, but the temple probably wasn't the place to bring those up.

He could tell that Dorian's relationship with the Gods was distant at best, but he wouldn't offer spiritual counsel to those that didn't seek it, if they were already faithful to the Old Gods. Ultimately, there would always be those who worshipped privately, who occupied more of their time with Earthly matters; as long as they were obedient when the divine called upon them, it didn't matter.

"Hey now, you might want to watch it, insulting a man of the Gods in his own temple." He gently chided, going to put down the match. "Besides, you aren't that far behind me, Dorian. Now, other than insulting me, is there anything you're here for?"
GIDEON
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Dorian
The Orator
Dorian hummed in acknowledgement, nodding his head slowly. "This is true. In fact, I am certain some might consider it a decent, if paltry, release of pent up stress and emotion." he said thoughtfully. Those that were more inclined to concern themselves with the state of humanity anyways, which were few and far between the Orator thought. The world was far larger than any one person and their fragile state of mind after all.

He chuckled at Gideon's comeback though. "Touché." he said with a slight bow at his shoulders, granting the Priest the win in this rather sad attempt at wordplay. He was not particularly in the mood for such games, oddly enough. Rare was it that Dorian did not find himself in impeccable spirits. The Orator moved forward, the heel of his shoes clicked slightly as he made his way past the Priest to stand before some of the great statues of the gods. Blue eyes looked up, soft and distant, hands gripped lightly behind him. What was he here for?

"Peace, of course, what else?" he said quietly, eyes still on the statues before him.
Not what you understand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
"And often, quite fun." Gideon added, not one to be prudish. The Gods of Caido had no laws about swearing or sex or many moral matters that other world's religions might. While the Temple was hardly a place of debauchery, the Priest wasn't one to get too hung up on moral concerns for the sake of it.

He was surprised to see Dorian not rising to the chance of another quip. Gideon watched curiously as he stepped forwards, turning to see the Orator stood before the statues. Gideon himself had stood in that spot before, contemplating and gazing into stone eyes. Taking a couple of steps closer but still giving Dorian some space, he let out a quiet laugh at the answer. "Is that a hint? I could leave, if you're wanting some time alone with the Temple."
GIDEON
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Change author:
Dorian
The Orator
"Fun." Dorian said with a soft sigh, eyes skipping from one statue to another. Fun was often associated with him - loud, boisterous, an entertainer with a proclivity for enjoyment. But so often that enjoyment was for the benefit of others. It was in those moments of frivolity that guards were let down, lips were loosened, and the most vital bits of information flowed freely. Pretty words, pretty parties, pretty faces, all in the name of fun. Briefly, he wondered when that word had lost its meaning for him, when that which was fun became labor instead.

But he knew the answer and quickly shoved it away.

At the Priest's question, he huffed a light chuckle before turning slowly to face him, a small but mirthless smile on his lips. "No, no, Gideon...you should know by now I far prefer the company of my fellow man than that of the divine." he said softly. How could he face his beloved gods again? How could he look into the faces of perfection and glory with confidence when he was so riddled with shame and guilt he could never repent or atone for fully? He did not deserve their attention when he had failed them so miserably.

"Tell me, what did you think of our meeting?"
Not what you understand
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon followed Dorian's gaze, unsure why such an innocent word had caused such a reaction, but he didn't comment on it. There were things worth asking about and things better left alone, and something in Dorian's face told him this was the latter.

Thankfully, the Orator did have a more substantial response to his question. "I suppose so. I think they're good for different things." A diplomatic response but a , for the most part, truthful one: the Gods were good for guidance and experience, but for a casual conversation, he would not pray. Leaning back on a pillar, feeling the cold stone press against his back, he let a hand drop to gently stroke a seam in the stone. Half an apology to the temple, for daring to say it's Gods may be comparable to common man.

He raised an eyebrow as he considered the meeting, unsure what exactly he was expected to comment on. "Cian is as charming as ever." Were his first words, a lighthearted joke, but as memories came back, he grew more serious. "This illness...if it targets and harms Ascended, I can't fully consider it a bad thing. It depends on how it develops from here. Obviously our own can be infected, so we need to be careful. What did you think of it?"
GIDEON