At the other end of the leash
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Nate isn’t sure how long he’s been sitting with his back to the door. Honestly, he isn’t even what’s on the other side of the door anymore, except that it’s loud, and utterly incoherent, a stream of words whispered tantalizingly into his ears, begging him to open the door. He might answer, might do as the voices asked, if not for the figure in bed before him, their movement somehow locked together.

There’s the sense that he’s forgotten something, or perhaps, that things are changing. That’s certainly how it looks, the figure swimming in his eyes until he isn’t sure if it’s a mirror image, or merely familiar.

With a start, a jolt of realization, Nate remembers what it is that had been so pressing. With the realization comes clarity, comes a sense of purpose. With the realization comes the ability to move himself again, Nate stumbling, crawling towards the bed, the figure there solidified, for the moment. Sonskyn. It’s a purr, as much as it’s a gasp, hands coming up to grip either side of the attuned’s face. ”Darlin’, you up?” Theres a harsh accent colouring Nate’s words, even as the words sing song out.

Nate is so close they’re practically nose to nose, the sheen on his skin visible, his single good eye blown so wide the blue is hidden. So close that he can feel himself twitching to get even closer, to press against the heat of Sunjata’s body, to drink in the warmth from his blood. Already, he’s leaning in more, pressing in maybe too close.
The streets are only empty when I need someone
There's nothing to see here, move along!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
Sonskyn. He doesn’t know if he’s asleep or not, if the voice that calls his name is real or not. He’s been hearing voices as of late, ones that hit too close to home and yet too far away. Some he doesn’t recognize, some that sound just like his father. But this one is different, the accent different, something sparking within him that distracts him and wakes him from that half asleep, half comatose state.

There are hands on his face – or are they the legs of a spider? He opens his eyes with just as much of a jolt as he sees, a gasp and an inhale of breath – surprise etched into the panes of his face. “Mm, up, yeah.” He rumbles, unsure if it even makes sense out loud but knowing it did in his head at least. He’s splayed out in bed, nearly pinned there by the body that hovers above him, that presses his nose into his own and Sunjata wiggles his own briefly.

Arms come up, wrapping around Nate, because he knows it’s Nate – knows that its his fiancé, and something seems off. But he pulls his head back ever so slightly, spotting the sheen to Nate’s skin and thinking nothing of it. He thinks it looks like diamonds.

A crooked smile crosses his face, tucking Nate in tight to him. “You’re beautiful, y’know that right?
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
trying to be and failing miserably, but am i too late or hearts to your spades?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
”I’m so glad.” Nate doesn’t know why, but the assurance that the other man is up eases some clenching in his chest, has him sagging down, even before arms wrap around him, drag him down completely. For a single moment, there’s a blessed silence, the voices leaking out from around the door frame squashed down. ”For a second I...”

The words trail off as the face beneath him shudders, his vision swimming. Nate blinks hard, barely manages to focus again as words echo around him. Understanding doesn’t click right away, but when it does his grin sharpens, a light huff leaving him. ”I know babe.” A quick kiss is pressed to Sunjata’s lips, Nate’s hand rising to run through short, sweat damp curls. ”You ain’t so bad yourself.” Now that he’s close, he’s loathe to pull back, lulled into a sleepy contentment by the warmth from the attuned’s body.

Another scrap of memory floats past him, slowly enough to grasp. Sunjata is sick. Needs to be taken care of. The hand grasping (when had he closed his hand?) the other mans hair releases, and Nate pushes himself up, barely focused eye darts over the man beneath him. ”How... do you feel?” He tries to get it to come out casually, but can’t help the hitch in his voice as something roars through the door, Nate throwing a glance over his shoulder.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He doesn’t know what Nate’s about to say – has no idea what lurks behind the door that only his lover can hear. No, all Sunjata knows is that it’s warm, his fiancé looks like he’s made of diamonds, and he wants nothing more than to lounge for the rest of eternity. Perhaps the bed is a cloud, taking them far away from burdens and responsibilities. Perhaps it’ll never set them back down again.

The sharpened grin that crosses Nate’s face brings him back, and he focuses on it with a sharpened edge to his own crooked smile. But then Nate’s lips are there and things within Sunjata settle – head tilting into the hand that rakes through his curls (not spiders. Definitely not spiders). “You think so?” He rumbles, his accent at odds with Nate’s thicker tone – one that he hasn’t quite heard but loves. He feels like he hangs on every inflection, every pause with what Nate says.

His eyes close again, taking a deep inhale as his arms wrap tight around Nate – or is it loose? He can’t tell – at least until Nate’s hand leaves his hair and Sunjata feels Nate tear away from him to sit up. There’s a breathy whine, lids opening again as he focuses on his diamond skinned lover. “Thirsty.” He begins, throat suddenly parched, but he’s reaching for Nate again – to tug him beneath the blankets with him, despite his furnace temperature that causes him to sweat consistently.

Don’t leave.” He asks? says, shifting a bit in the blankets and the pillows. “You won’t leave me, will you?” It’s unclear if he means just for the day or forever. “I love you.
we were young, dumb, taking our chance and making romance and breaking our promises
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
"Course I think so, darling." The words slip out of him easily, said a dozen times before. It's all a well-practiced act, a play he's performing only for himself, sitting and watching from within his head. His smirk grows a touch softer, and his head tilts to the side, sincerity dripping off of him as he continues with: "Would I lie to you?" And he laughs, though he's not sure why this time, when it's not a lie. Had it been a lie before? Had it ever been true?

Hands feel suddenly cloying around him, too close, too warm. Something in Nate panics, a thumping in his head that feels like a rabbit fast heartbeat, feels like a warning bell, feels like danger, though he's powerless to move. He doesn't understand how Sunjata can be thirsty, when it feels like he's drowning, choking on his tongue and in waves of heat and fabric.

The whine, the plea in Sunjata's voice cuts through the panic, through the roaring coming through the door, a piece of flotsam that he can cling to while he struggles with words. "I'm not going anywhere. Not leaving." Though his body is still turned towards the door, Nate leans closer to his fiance, sinking deeper into the sea of blankets and suffocating heat. Another roar makes him flinch, leaning in to hide his face in the other man's chest, a flailing arm grabbing the edge of a blanket and tugging, covering them both. "We'll be safe here." The words are a hiss, pressed between clenched teeth.

All at once, tension pours out of Nate's body, hands that had been frantic and clingy relaxing. Shifting up, Nate looks over the other man, wide blue eye checking him over again for... something, something that slips his mind as warmth sinks into him and his gaze dips low, lingering on Sunjata's throat. "I love you too." He breathes, leaning in without thought, suddenly feeling the thirst now that he was warm, now that he was safe. Strange how the sea can seem so calm, just beneath the waves.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
No, no, he doesn’t think Nate would lie to him. It’s a balm, despite the laughter that leaves his lover that doesn’t have him second guessing it. And then he’s grappling, grasping for Nate to keep him close — not willing to part from him now that he’s here, even with the way Nate seems to have other ideas. There’s a shuddering exhale that leaves him when Nate sinks down with him, arms moving to wrap around him and keep him from leaving.

He can’t hear the roars, can’t hear the monsters that hide behind the door. He still does feel Nate flinch, and his arm protectively wraps around him. “I’ve got you.” He murmurs on instinct. His other hand coming around to tangle his fingers into Nate’s hair, keeping him close as the Ascended grabs the blanket and pulls it over them.

He nestles in further, feeling Nate relax, his own hands releasing around his lover to simply roam along diamond hued skin. “Good.” He hums, offering a small lopsided smile Nate’s way. He doesn’t notice the way Nate watches his throat, but he instinctively does lift his chin a bit — tugging Nate down with him to roll onto his side and wrap a leg around the Ascended. “We don’t ever have to leave.” A promise and a prayer, that they might be able to stay intertwined forever.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
"No, no no no, if... if he finds us, you... I have to go." Despite the words, Nate doesn't move, doesn't pull away from the arms enveloping him, cradling him like he's something precious, something worthy of the embrace. "But... it's safe. We don't have to worry." As soon as he can't turn and see the door, it's as if it ceases to exist, along with the danger lurking just behind it.

Nate feels his body growing heavy with the gentle ministrations, in his hair, along his skin. "It's dangerous, you know." A gentle protestation, even after he's made his own declaration, as if mere words could stop the forces of love, could change the warmth between them. He sinks in deeper, pressing close and moving when Sunjata tugs him, his face pressed in close to the attuned's neck; just below his ear, just above his pulse, when they finally fall still again. "We don't?" There's a new tone in Nate's voice, a vulnerability that he's normally so much better at hiding, though he can't seem to control himself at the moment.

His one good eye slips closed, plunges him into a dark world of warmth and touch, and before him, beneath his teeth, there's a beat, a chorus that sings to him, that draws him close. Hands move over Sunjata, trying to paint the picture of a man from memory, ghosting over scars old and new as slowly, almost painfully so, Nate's mouth opens. He leans in. Let's his teeth pierce scarred skin, silvery spots a roadmap of all the times they've done this before, though the sudden sensation has never startled him so badly, never sent him pulling back so quickly, lips pressed in an 'o' of surprise, a splash of his lovers red colouring them.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
If he finds me, he’ll have to deal with me.” Sunjata murmurs softly, pressing into Nate with all the conviction of someone that would absolutely protect both Nate and himself. If it came down to it, Sunjata would do whatever he could. “But you’re right. It’s safe. We’re here.” Pressing a soft kiss to Nate’s temple, he readjusts them until they’re content and Sunjata’s easily wrapped around Nate, leaching his fever warm body into Nate’s.

There’s a low hum that slips from his throat at Nate’s next words, a sort of cockiness coming over him. “What’s dangerous?” Pressing soft kisses to the Ascended’s cheek now, Sunjata nuzzles and nestles his way in. But then Nate’s head is against Sunjata’s neck and he’s cuddled in close, keeping his arms tight around his lover, smoothing down over tattooed skin.

He doesn’t expect the bite when it happens, the hands that roam along Nate’s skin shifting into a bit more of a grip, clutching to Nate as a gasp slips from him as well, eyes shutting tight and head tilting back as fire erupts within him. And once again, he wonders if he carved himself up if he might find fire within, branching through every vein of his body. And when Nate pulls back, the fire slows, though his heartbeat thunders like a war drum in his ears. He exhales a shuddering sigh, pressing in further against Nate, hands dragging blunt nails along his lover's skin until he can bury them in Nate’s hair, panting as he tries to formulate words.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Sunjata's sentiment is a pretty one, words that glitter and shine in the light, that Nate can see through the dingy walls of time and terror. Fear as old as he is strong, sure, but it is not a match for the warmth, the love in his fiance's words. Nate lets himself waver, lets himself lean into Sunjata, the kisses, the clinging arms, feeling all at once safe again.

The question seems to throw Nate, the fact that he'd brought it up all but forgotten in favour of the vastness of the answer, the fact that Sunjata, of all people, would listen to him, would try, at least, to understand. "All of it. He is. Everything outside of here, everything that isn't us." Why else would he have been watching, locking the doors, keeping the windows closed tight? Everything is a threat, all of it can hurt them, all of it wants to hurt them. "I'm the only one who's been watching, and I... something is watching back now." The tension in his shoulders is smoothed down again, his worries quieted in the flood of affection directed at him.

It's no wonder that he slips, really, with how close they are and how much his throat, his chest ache. No wonder that his body moves on autopilot, flooding him with feeling, dragging Sunjata that much closer, filling in the space between them like a liquid. No wonder that even as he pulls back, rough fingers and soft noises draw him back again, teeth sinking in with more intention this time, flooding Nate with white heat, with liquid fire that fills his belly, his chest, his throat.

This time, when he pulls away, it's only for a moment, only for a breath. Long enough for his hands to find Sunjata's hair again, to tilt his head the other way. A soft noise, almost a moan, leaves him before he bites again, before one of his hands finds its way to Sunjata's lips, into his mouth.{/i}{/i}
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
All of it.’ It vibrates and recoils in Sunjata’s mind, bouncing back and forth as if he might be able to find the danger. But he doesn’t see it, doesn’t feel it – and if Nate’s this terrified, Sunjata would follow through with fighting ghosts just for the sheer ability to soothe his lover. He’d go to the ends of Caido for him if Nate ever asked it of him. But for now? Now, he holds his fiancé close, peppering kisses along temples and cheeks, settling him in close against his chest.

Still, Sunjata doesn’t see it. “They can’t see us in here.” He rumbles, a promise and a prayer as he shifts – the affection sent to Nate through every means Sunjata can contribute to at this present moment. It’s all touch, all low hums slipping from his throat – but it’s all there. All for him.

They grow louder as Nate slips into that space, as fangs slide into scarred tattooed skin and Sunjata feels like he’s on fire. But it ends too soon, shifts to something that makes the pit of his stomach drop – craving more and more, to be lit up from the inside with branching white light. He presses himself against Nate, hips shifting against his lover and the closeness they have – malleable as putty beneath whatever Nate has him do.

His head tilts, hands finding his hair, shuddering with the moan that slips from the Ascended, and Sunjata finds himself burning again. He loses himself in this feeling, no sense of anything remaining, growls of pleasure slipping from his throat that he now finds wrapped around Nate’s hand as he reaches his lips. And Sunjata, the only cognizant thing he manages, is to lift a hand and drag his nails along Nate’s shoulder and his spine, until he reaches the long curled raven hair there where he promptly fists his hand into, and burns with the light.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Groans and scorching heat are a better distraction than any other. Any fear is scorched from his mind by the fire that passes through him, that pours from Sunjata, so so willingly that Nate can't even feel a finger of guilt, can't feel anything. Can't feel nothing. The groans escaping around his fingers have his hand twitching, cupping, as if he could catch the sounds, keep them close, captive, wrapped up in this quiet, warm place just for them. He shifts, or, maybe Sunjata shifts, shudders, and Nate can feel it in his spine, can feel it in his gut.

There's no breath in his throat, but Nate still feels himself hitch at the burn of nails dragging up his body, tracing a line to the nape of his neck, and he shudders again, sparks and flames licking down his spine, along the fuses laid out by teasing nails moments earlier. He presses deeper, harder, trying to eke out some scrap of the light, of the flame inside Sunjata for himself, something that will stay lit even when he's alone, when this feeling fades from him. Something that will still burn. Fingers scrabble their way up Sunjata's side, seeking the same thing, seeking an entrance, a foothold, something. Seeking a place to hold, to cling to, while Nate greedily drinks his fill, no thought spared to how long, how deeply he drinks.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Mature Content Warning 
SUNJATA
There’s a moment when he does think he’ll combust into white light – and there’s another moment when he worries for Nate, where if he does burn and explode, wouldn’t that harm his lover as well?

But then he has another thought – another one that screams at the back of his mind that this is how they’ll go. They can go together. All would be right and fine, and they’d follow each other until the end of the world, in the afterlife, and would never have to part again. (And yet Sunjata doesn’t know that the souls of the Ascended don’t go where he’s going, a feat that would break his heart in a split second.)

And so he burns, feeling Nate shift, feeling goosebumps arise on his skin, along his body as the warmth he feels exudes into the bed they share. And Nate presses in harder, the Ascended searching for something in a way that Sunjata hopes he never finds it if only to continue the feeling. But then it shifts, and something goes… Wrong, in a sense, as if the world slows and spins and dizziness begins to creep in where love an intimacy once were. And he can’t keep up, his head tilting away from Nate’s hand, to pant and hiss against his lover’s raven hair, the fingers buried within it tugging harder. “Nate –” comes the moan pause, when he feels hands running along his side and he shudders with it, head tilting back, hips pressing in harder against his lover, searching for some bit of relief even as his mind swims and grows dizzier as the seconds pass.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
There are no thoughts of flames, of white conflagrations. No sense of impending finality, though those pounding hooves rush closer and closer, Nate woefully unprepared for what's coming. No, right now, there is only this sensation, light pouring from Sunjata into him until he almost feels like it's leaking, dribbling down his chin as he drinks deeper. It's too much, or well past the point. It's not nearly enough to parch the burn in his throat, though his stomach, his chest feel heavy now.

It's not quite the same sense of wrongness, but something like desperation, some deep-seated urge to hold onto this feeling forever grips him. Nate feels Sunjata move under him, sagging away where he was once pressing against, and he makes up for the distance himself, pressing close again, too close, too much. A name, his name, is moaned from his lovers' lips, answered by a muffled groan, fingers moving to spread over the attuneds cheek instead of his mouth, trying to share a scrap of feeling, of reassurance.

What had seemed like a moment stretched out into eternity comes to an end, the thread pulled taut and then snapping as Sunjata goes limp, unresponsive. Slowly, too slowly, Nate begins to pull back, his hands trying to warm a response from unresponsive flesh, his eye still closed gently, like he's sleeping, like Nate's trying to savour the picture inside his head before returning to reality. Like as long as he doesn't see it, he can keep back the flood of darkness pressing in now.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Things are well at first, at least… As well as they could be – when the bite prolongs and Sunjata’s head grows fuzzier and fuzzier, until he feels like he can’t quite get enough breath into his lungs. And then, he can feel the tipping point – vision blacking, hands in Nate’s hair that had once held on tight, now have no leverage.

He burns and he burns, and darkness encompasses him. He has no idea that Nate’s pulled away, dropped into a deep unconscious state, limp to movements. His skin, once feverish, shifts to something pale and clammy and cold. His heart thunders in his chest, a rapid beat that has his heart forced to try and pump out more blood to replace what was lost.

But for all the things that Nate does, there’s little to no response from Sunjata – just a heavy, pale body tangled in fever-warm sheets.