it’s a rough old world
Small Torchline government meeting
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
Half of the government are sick, and Ronin needs all the help he can get. With his husband a danger to himself and the rest of the world around him, and the entire Senzaok household succumbing to the same illness, the Star finds himself at a bit of a loss. So he leaves... himself in charge of Remi, and his projection gets to work.

He has already roped in Vervain, the witch in attendance with him in the “business” wing of the house. She is the one who has invited Zephyr and Ronin has sent out feelers for Raza - though he knows she has enough on her plate with the Hanged Man after monsoon season.

There are jugs of water set out on a table and all the shutters are open to try and get a breeze through; even in the morning, it’s already sweltering. Ronin sits in Remi’s usual seat, his arms folded and his gaze somewhat distracted; he’s focused more on elsewhere in the house, at least until everyone arrives.

This is a small gathering to discuss the flu that’s overtaking a lot of Torchline’s citizens. To make sure it moves on promptly, after everyone has responded with their arrival, I’ll get a post order up, and if we can reply within 24 hours of each other that would be great.

No worries if you can’t make your slot - there will be no consequences for it, and you can just pop in and out as you please.

Current attendees:

Ronin
Vervain
Zephyr
Raza

I’m not going to post Vai arriving - feel free to write her as already being in attendance!
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
RAZA
I ain’t sure if Remi’s told Ronin about the tunnel between the Hanged Man and the house, so I ain’t gonna show up that way, which is a godsdamn shame, because that would have been the infinitely cooler, shorter option. Instead, I glisten like a whore worshipping Frey, all sense of propriety discarded in favor of lightweight, flowin’, coverin’ the important parts clothing. Carryin’ my own skin’a water sweetened with fruit juice, I look an’ feel like a seasoned Torcher slash bronzed goddess'a. All I'm missin' is some flowers and fawning, fanning followers.

With a nod to Ronin an’ a raised brow at Vai (who I will forever judge for ignorin’ me at Fiat Lux), I drop onto the edge of a chair an’ lean back, spreadin’ my lanky limbs to let the airflow get to it.

“If ye don’t give a shit about bein’ official, we can always move this t’the caves by the Ocean. Might be cooler.” Might be. At the very least, it’s a suggestion for the next meeting, if it happens during Longheat. I know somethin’s up, I just don’t know what.
tonight the heartache's on me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
zephyr

You're not super sure about being here, but with half of Torchline sick with some sort of super-flu (or so it feels) you figure you might as well show up to see what the remaining sane half has planned. Besides, you'd rather do this than be on babysitting duty. Being around so many sick people, burning up with fever and babbling from thirst.... hnnnng. It gives you the fucking heebie-jeebies, reminds you of watching Ray waste down to bone.

It does look official, doesn't it? You arrive after Raza, patting her on the sweaty shoulder before sinking into a seat between her and Vai. You're glistening with sweat as well, wearing a light cotton shirt and your arm brace as well as loose, linen shorts. "Never been in th'business part'a th'house," you murmur, raising a knowing, smirking brow to Vai, before turning to the Star. "What's all this, then?"
burn all the things you have to burn
save all the people you're supposed to save
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
”That might be an idea,” Ronin says to Raza with a lopsided smile, blinking himself back into the present and unfolding his arms. The Star is wearing a shirt but it’s unbuttoned, baring scars and tattoos, because fuck propriety when it’s this hot. He’s already poured himself a glass of water, raising it in a toast to Zeph when he shows up. And then here they all are, a merry little band of sanity in a sea of fucking madness. It’s been a while since Ronin was in this sort of a position, but he’s unfortunately used to it.

”You might have all noticed already, but there’s a sickness running throughout Torchline. I’ve no idea where it came from, but it’s affecting all of us - even Ascended, which I didn’t think was possible. Remi’s been hit with it, as has Sunjata, Nate, Hotaru... and that’s in this area alone. I wanted to start by asking if you’ve heard of any other cases nearby. I’m going to the lighthouse this evening, to see if I can ask Safrin for any more information, but I’m worried. The last time something like this happened, it was in the Hollowed Grounds. And it was deadly.”

He tries not to shudder at the memory of the blight, but it’s still remarkably fresh in his mind.

Soft post order:

1. Ronin
2. Raza
3. Vervain
4. Zephyr

24 hours if you can, if not it can just bounce along to the next person!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Change author:
MP: 0

Knowing nothing of the ire bestowed upon her by the Liaison, Vai offers a smile to Raza and another to Zeph as they come in. She’s seated beside Ronin in a flowing dress that she wants more than anything to rip off her body, and it has nothing to do with sexual implications. It’s just too fucking hot. Listening quietly as Ronin introduces the meeting, she pours herself a drink of water and gives Zeph a nudge in the ribs for his trouble.

”I’ve had a few people coming to the clinic, all with the same symptoms. High fever, delirium, extreme thirst and an affinity for heat and fire. I thought it was just a flu until Ronin mentioned Remi being sick. I’ve had to close the clinic temporarily - there aren’t enough hands for the work, and those who are unwell need full time care, practically. But I’ve left instructions in the windows and on the door, so at least there’s something.”

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
zephyr

You lean back in your chair as first Ronin then Vervain speak, each confirming rumors you've already heard. You're relieved to know it's not contagious, though what Ray had certainly hadn't been, else you and El would have been sick too. The thirst and delirium are unsettling, too.

All in all a Not Good Time.

Anyway. Seems like your turn to report. You glance at Raza, wondering what she's heard, then roll your shoulders in a shrug. "Couple'a my people've reported bein' sick, too. Stayin' home for now, seein' as non'a 'em wanna be near th'water. Seems like another piece'a it." For whatever that's worth. You're not a leader or a doctor, you're just a sane bloke who happens to be dating the governor's foster mom.

Beneath the table you extend a hand, gently squeezing on Vai's knee. Your expression is serious, no hint of humor or smile remaining around your eyes. This is peak Business Zephyr, and he cuts to the chase. "Any dead?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin exhales softly, hearing the reports with a quiet nod and taking another sip of water, wiping the sweat from his brow. ”None yet,” he tells Zeph, a frown flickering over his face to hear that some of the dock workers were sick. It seemed like whatever this was, it was rife in Torchline, and he can’t help but wonder how it spread so thickly through their populace.

”A dislike of water, too?” He remembers the glass that Remi punched out of his hands, that first day. ”That tracks...” Heaving a sigh and slumping back in his chair, the acting Governor regards them all. ”With half the people running this place struck down with this, I think it’s important that things don’t get out of hand. You never know what people in a panic are likely to do. Any suggestions to keep the fighting and looting at bay? Not saying that it would happen, but...” He shrugs.

Stranger things have happened.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAZA
“Aye,” I say, chiming in. “The bar has been emptier ‘n usual.” Longheat is a rough season anyway, the heat keepin’ all but the drunks away durin’ the day. “But none’a the crew’a the Ark have it, so it probably came in afore then.” Lookin’ around, I shrug, “Or at least that’s my best guess.” I frown, making’ sure I have that right. If the dock workers have it, but the Ark don’t, then that should track.

Listenin’ to stuff about clinics and medics, I frown even further. “Shouldn’t they be quarantined, then?” I look at ‘em all with a frank, ruthless gaze. “Whatever it is’ll spread like wildfire in the streets if it ain’t already. An’ if they’re still mobile, we should gather ‘em all in a couple’a places.” Not sure where, but that’s my best guess at medicine. I also don’t know how you corral Attuned n’ Abandoned ‘ Demigods, but I do know we gotta try.

“At least until we know how it’s transmitted.” I eye Ronin with a skeptical look “What ‘as Remi done that you ain’t?” Cause they're peas 'n a pod, ain't they? Even share a bed. So perhaps we should start there when it come to lookin' at 'ow it's spread.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Raza makes a good point, and Vai nods in agreement. ”For the most part, it seems to be a babysitting exercise,” she explains, drawing on what she’s seen between Remi and Nate. ”Putting them all together in one place, though... I’m worried it might just exacerbate things, if someone gets worse.” Fever dreams and collective panic is a step up from isolated cases, after all.

”But if it came on during Flowerbirth, it must have come from somewhere. And it’s strange, as you say, that some members of households have been hit whilst others not...” Is it happenstance? Vai looks to Ronin too, in case he can give further clarity. ”Quarantine seems a best bet, until we can be sure it isn’t contagious any more. Though if it’s still spreading, more people could be sick and not even know it yet.”

It’s all just getting better.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Change author:
zephyr

No dead. That's a relief at least, and it shows in the way your face relaxes, your shoulders unwinding just a bit. "Ark's all fine," you confirm, picking up on Raza's train of thought. "Dunno why some have it an' some don'. An' when it comes t'quarentine, one thing I've noticed is the poor sods like't wander. Found one putterin' 'round the Hanged Man. It'll take a lotta manpower t'keep 'em all contained."

And it isn't something you're well versed in, managing the sick. Or something you particularly want to become skilled in. The streets, though? "I can keep an eye on lootin' an' the like. S'pecially if some'a my people - only ones I trust - can step in without bein' afraid'a th' biters comin' for 'em." Street justice only works if the fuzz doesn't swoop in to arrest the vigilantes, after all. "Good news is, if people think this thing's contagious they might be less likely t'go out an' stir shit," you add with a wry, brittle smile.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Ronin hears them all out, glancing from person to person and nodding in agreement. ”Off the top of my head, nothing.” He sighs, racking his brain to think about where Remi may have been that he hasn’t. ”The monsoons meant we stayed put for the season. We explored the jungle together, and... I can’t think of anywhere he could have been. If it’s as random as it implies, maybe he just got unlucky.”

And that’s probably worse than anything else, honestly. ”If Zephyr can keep people from panicking, perhaps we can put out a notice about the symptoms, make sure people aren’t leaving the sick alone to wander about.” He rubs at his forehead. ”Once I’ve been to see Safrin, I’ll contact you all. If I find out anything else that’s useful for Torchline to know, I’ll add that to the notice as well.”
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
I sigh. It’s weird, an’ just about the last thing we (or anyone else, I imagine) need right now, layin my head on a hand. “True. Might be random. But it ain’t contagious anymore, right? If y’both are fine an’ have come in contact with ‘em -” gesturin’ to Ronin and Vervain, I feel the need to ascertain that there’s some kind’a hope in all this, that we aren’t dealin’ with somethin’ that’ll morph into us gettin’ sick too.

“We could use the Halenani if it comes to quarantine,” I muse, pullin’ at the only building big enough to hold a group’a people like that. “I’ll put out a Notice about the illness, an’ say that looters will be fed t’the Maw.” A common threat in the streets, often a punishment served at night, people just disappearin one day, an’ gone forever. “If you could give me a list of symptoms an’ what seems to work to help ‘em,” I direct towards Vai, “maybe we can organize some community care shifts.”

For all that we beat up on each other, we can sometimes be relied on t’come together when we need to. If we have strong enough leaders.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

”That’s the premise I’m working under,” Vai says with a nod of agreement to Raza. ”I’ve been around Remi, Sunjata, Nate... and neither Ronin nor I have experienced symptoms. Felix is fine too. Hopefully Ronin can get further clarification from Safrin. I’ll still be careful, but... if I can help, I will.” She reaches out to pour a glass of water, taking a much needed sip and slouching back in her chair.

She nods again at providing a list of symptoms, already reaching for parchment and a pencil from the middle of the table, jotting down all she knows from the clinic. ”The Halenani might be a good idea. It’s not like the sick will be using it for it’s regular purpose...” Smirking, she folds the paper and passes it across to Raza. ”If we do want to get a schedule together, I can ask for some volunteers to help us out.”

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
”It seems we have the start of a plan, then.” Ronin smiles - or gives as much of a smile as he can in the current circumstances - rising to his feet and drinking down the rest of his water. He’ll need it, with the rising heat. ”I hate to leave so quickly, but it seems I have a lot to do before this meeting with Safrin tonight. Providing she even wants to see me.” It would be the first time she’s refused him when it isn’t LongNight, but there’s always a first for everything.

”Stay here as long as you need. If you need to write any letters or make any further arrangements, there’s parchment and envelopes available. And if you need me, I’ll be in the rest of the house.” Though he’s not particularly sure that they should come looking for him. ”Thank you,” he says, finally, before taking his leave.

~FIN