a house full of whispers
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Mature Content Warning 
REMI
the lullaby
kidnap me from my reality
& crushed pieces of my soul
The world is inconsistent.

It's empty, baren, free of anything, and yet I constantly trip and stumble. Bloody are my knees, shins, and the bottoms of my feet. At least I think they're my feet. When I look down, I see only darkness rippling outwards. I must have a body though because my throat is raw from screaming. It feels like I've inhaled too much smoke, but I'm not even sure there is air here.

Is this all I've ever known?

I can't remember a time other than this, but there are—blue eyes and a roguish smile. promises of forever and hands fit perfectly against mine—moments that I'm not so sure.

Something is itching at the base of my skull. It's a bug, or a snake, or a memory. I think if I can find something sharp, I can let it out, and then I'll be free. Free of the constant needling, of the insistent that there is something more. Because look around.

This is all there is.

I am all there—
colour me outside the lines
until my shattered heart is whole
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
everything has its wonders
”...Remi.”

It starts with a speck of light upon the blackness of the ground. (Void? Ground? He doesn’t know). But it grows, it blooms, gentle and sweet, until the world all around is a blanket of moon lilies, pulsing softly between swathes of thick, soft grass.

Ronin’s hands appear, like they’ve been painted into the scene, teasing through his husband’s mess of curls, drifting down his neck and onto his shoulders. The rest of him soon blushes into view as well, like he’s been standing there all along. The air is fresh and fragrant, filled with the song of the sea, and Ronin continues to paint away the dark, filling it with something beautiful and calm.

Something more dream than nightmare. ”I found you, Remi. I told you I would. I found you, come back to me.”
even darkness and silence

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
I can't move, though I've been running. Breathless, I can't scream. Somehow I've managed to find this knife. Stars are carved into the hilt and I can hear them whispering lullabies to me. I think that should mean something, though I don't know what. Perhaps once this is out of me, cut and freed from where its tethered to my soul, I'll be able to think again. I'll remember—

...Remi

I can feel the blade of the knife against the back of my neck. I wish I could see what I was doing so that I could make a more precise incision, but maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe it's—

—Ronin's fingers against his hair make the Lullaby cry out. It is not the knife's promised bite that he'd been expecting, but a softness that melts against him. Dropping the knife, it disappears into the blue grasses that wave sweetly beneath his feet. Disoriented and confused as Ronin's light shines into him, Remi blinks dazed green eyes at a world that is slowly breathing into life all around him. With eyes used to the darkness, he has to squint at it, shying away from the prismatic detail that his husband's arrival has brought.

"Ronin." He whispers at last, a hand going to the back of his neck as if expecting to feel a snake slithering from the base of his skull, or a wound dripping blood down his spine. Feeling nothing, he swallows shakily.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
”Me,” Ronin whispers, a soft smile pulling at his lips as he holds onto his husband like he can act as his anchor in whatever mad sea he’s been sailing through. ”Tell me everything.” He’s not just there to paint away the pain, to patch it over and leave the Lullaby again. That won’t help; he wants to understand, to try and arm Remi with anything he can to fight back the nightmares when they’re apart.

”You were holding something, when I found you. What was it?” he asks gently, drawing closer, his hand following Remi’s to carefully clasp the back of his neck. Around them the hush of waves melts into birdsong and a sigh of wind, and the Star shines through it all, a beacon of light to banish tortured sleep.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
"You don't want to hear it." Remi mumbles with a shaky smile, letting his forehead fall against Ronin's shoulder as he slips his arms around his husband's waist.

Ronin's question stills the Lullaby in his arms. Clenching his teeth together but not in an attempt to evade answering, Remi lets his thoughts slip back to seconds before. It's difficult, as remembering dreams always are. "There was...something inside. Right where your fingers are." This is said almost fearfully, as if warning Ronin about some danger that he's given, based on where his hands are. "It was...like thousands of tiny legs or whispers, or...it was something. I had to get it out."

He realizes of course how absurd this now sounds, but still, his voice is grave. "Or...I thought I did. The knife.." Pulling back from Ronin so that he can reach down into the grass where the knife still is, it no longer whispers as it's held up to the light. The stars are still there on the hilt though, shining innocently enough.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”I always want to hear what you have to say,” Ronin objects, no matter how hard it might be to listen to. His cheek rests against Remi’s curls, his fingers dancing in slow and sweet circles over the back of the Lullaby’s neck, ”Something inside you?” he whispers back, thumb brushing lovingly across the space where the knife had been poised, Ronin drawing back enough for Remi to fish the blade out of the grass.

It’s horrifying, to see it - small and so wickedly sharp, dancing and pulsing with stars. ”Maybe I can keep hold of it?” he suggests. ”It’s got stars on it. Let’s pretend you were keeping it as a gift, for me.” Gracing Remi with a charming wink, he leans in again and plants a kiss on the Lullaby’s lips. ”I have news.”

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
"I don't even know where it came from. Before you, everything was.." empty...but full. "..there was nothing to hold onto. Only that." Were stars a good sign? Or an ill omen? In rational now, Remi has no idea.

"I don't care." Remi mumbles against his husband's lips, reaching up to softly cup his husband's jaw that they might stay that way forever. Even here where neither of them need to breathe, Remi still finds himself breathless with love. "But I suppose since you're here anyway, you might as well tell me." So saying Remi comes to stand beside Ronin and no sooner has he than there is a board against the back of their knees and tall cables on either side. Sitting down they'll begin to swing back and forth, suspended from a magnificent oak tree.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Then maybe you should keep hold of it,” he says slowly of the knife, his fingertips dancing over it. ”But it might be better like this, instead.” Aided by the dream, the blade will become a spoon - because why the heck not? ”Ta da.” Ronin smiles against Remi’s lips, his arms winding around his husband in turn to hold him close, to clasp him against his chest.

He gasps softly, settling back with Remi and seeming adorably mystified by the swing they find themselves on. Rocking back, he lets his arm slip around the Lullaby’s waist. ”How dare you,” he exclaims, leaning in to kiss his cheek. ”You’ll want to hear this. We’re going on a trip, soon. To Halo, then to the Climb,” he informs him. ”I spoke with Safrin - and don’t you pout, before I finish - she told me that the sickness came from the Climb.”

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Snorting his approval, Remi nods and tucks the spoon into a pocket where hopefully it won't be lost once Ronin's light leaves him. "Perhaps I can use it to dig my way out of here, once you're..." gone "..awake."

Kicking out his legs with the movement of the swing so that they start to move forward and back, Remi smiles smugly as he's chastised and then kissed. "We?" Turning toward the Star—the swing now moving all on its own—he raises an incredulous brow. The last time he was allowed out of the house he nearly killed Finn (or thought he had). Before that he'd fought Sunjata on the beach. Thus far the Lullaby hadn't a great track record with outtings.

Pouting precisely because he was told not to, Remi puckers his lower lip and deeply furrows his brows. "Halo?" Remi repeats when all this is said and done. "Why Halo?" Freezing temperatures and more Launceleyns than he ever wants to see in one place? No, thank you.

"So...we're going to the place it came from? So that you can be infected as well?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”So I can come back to you only to find that you’ve dug halfway to nowhere?” Ronin laughs to Remi. Or into your brain, a nasty little voice suggests, the Star inhaling shakily and scooting a bit closer to his husband so they can swing back and forth. We,” he repeats, like its a secret, tilting his head against the Lullaby’s and closing his eyes, humming softly under his breath.

”I have a nimbus and I can keep you safe while we travel - you don’t even have to wake up. How else am I supposed to come and fetch you out of your dreams if I can’t fall asleep with you?” He grins. ”We’re going to Halo because it’s the only way to get to the Climb. I also sent some correspondence to the Warden there, and I’d like to speak with her before we go further.”

As for him getting infected? ”I don’t care,” he says sweetly, echoing Remi’s earlier sentiments.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
'Halfway is still pretty far, I'll have you know." Remi hums in response. The world stretches around them, an opalescent sea wavering somewhere below, flowing in between the blue-green grasses which had heralded Ronin's arrival.

"Oh, a nimbus." The Lullaby parrots as if he had no idea of his partner's capabilities. Grumbling something childish under his breath, Remi kicks out a foot again causing their swing to elongate its arc. "Morgan? Have you met her yet?" He wonders, thinking that Ronin and the frosty Warden will probably get along nicely. Then again, there are few who the huntsman doesn't get on with. "So this trip then...is it going to be a thing." A thing meaning a PQ/PQ+/KQ? more than just he and Remi on a casual stroll through uncharted land.

"You don't mean that." Remi corrects, though the sidelong glance he gives the Star begs for reassurance.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
”Oh, I don’t doubt it,” Ronin says softly. He can’t keep his hands off Remi, though there’s nothing sexual in it; his fingers just want to comb through his hair and he wants to hold him close against him, wants to let his hands drag down the contours of his body to memorise everything he can. ”Mmhm. An actual, real life nimbus.” Ronin smiles and presses his lips to Remi’s temple. ”You lucky bug.”

He shakes his head in response to the question. ”She seems nice enough in letters, but who knows? She might bite my head off in person.” He grins, enjoying the way they swing together, the sea and the grass bleeding into something perfect beneath them. ”Did you ever have your doubts that it would be a thing?” Ronin’s sigh should be more frustrated than it is, but gods know the Star is just happy to be doing something.

Not expecting the sudden rebuttal, Ronin glances back at Remi and leans in, stealing a soft kiss from his lips. ”You’re right. I don’t mean that,” he whispers. ”I’m not going to get infected at the Climb. I’m going there to figure this out, to find a cure, and to bring you back to me for good. And then? He kisses him again. ”I’m going to keep you up all night. You’ve been sleeping too much.” He winks.

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
It feels good to be touched, if only because without Ronin, Remi's life is a void of information. It's negative space wherein he experiences the antithesis of contact. Everything around him takes, and absorbs until he's left wondering if he exists at all. Not one to put it into a pithy one-liner the way Descartes did once upon a time, Remi has nothing to hold onto when his light goes away. Shivering at the mention of bugs, the Lullaby rubs at the back of his neck, shooting his husband a squeamish look that seems ill-placed on his features.

"She's very...to the point." Remi decides, of Morgan. "Pragmatic though. If any of her people are sick as well, I assume she'll be more than happy to assist. Or...she'll kick you out for the safety of Halo." Shrugging against his husband, Remi just chuckles. "But that's your problem, preceptor."

Biting the inside of his lip after Ronin's pull away, the Lullaby lingers in the space his husband had just been, wanting to hold onto the feeling of realness. "Did Safrin tell you that? That you won't get infected?" Much as he wants to be taken in by promises of what being up all night entails, he can't. Not with Ronin's safety and sanity potentially at risk.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Remi doesn’t stop him and so Ronin doesn’t try to stop himself, either; if Remi isn’t careful the Star will have him pulled into his lap on the swing soon enough, holding him close and making sure to savour every bit of him not ravaged by fever, even if it isn’t real. ”Sorry,” he says of his poor word choice, letting his own fingers rub at the back of Remi’s neck, as if determined to scrub away all traces of the darkness while he’s there to light the way.

”Technically, it’s acting Governor with you out of action. But you’re right - it is my problem. And I will happily make it my problem to get you back.” He smiles, gently swinging his legs to keep the motion of the swing going. ”Safrin told me that this sickness seems to have run its course. It spread for a time and then it stopped. No one else has been infected from being around others.” He scowls suddenly, as if a thought has occurred. ”I wonder if you all fell ill at the same time... Like at the exact same time.”

Coding base by Sky!