-A Sad New Beginning-
Marquis Aust
Mercenary

Age: 301 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: - Strg: 13 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: DreadedBlackKnight Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Marquis
Word Count: 3,058

Blood dripped from his lips as he felt a cold rush come over his body, as he watched his loved one fade away from his vision. All he can see left was the vast colors of blue and purple surrounding him. “Goodbye...Marquis.” A soft voice said as everything finally went black.

Several Hours Earlier

Footsteps could be heard echoing all around as the sun began to peek through a small crack of a darkened room. The footsteps began to get louder and as they came near a loud bang could be heard. -BANG- The bang echoed inside the darkroom, this made several objects shake due to the force. As there was nothing left of what seemed like a door's remains, a gaping doorway was now seen which made the curtains move ever so slightly due to the light breeze now being emitted. The footsteps began to walk towards the curtains and with a swift tug, the sun emitted into the well-darkened room to show a young man sleeping under a four-post bed. The footsteps could be heard walking towards the bed where the young man slept until, -SPLASH- the young man was now drenched in water.

Marquis awoke slightly unfazed by this action he opened his eyes slowly and with a very small yawn, “Good morning sis.” Marquis said lazily as he rolled out of bed soaked in water. “Do you not get bored of doing that to get me up? You know I have my alarm for that.” Marquis said as his sister came closer to him snapping her fingers at him in his face. “For one, little brother, you are a very hard person to wake up I mean seriously who wakes up unfazed by getting water thrown on them. Two you know I don't rely on those things, the noise itself makes me think it's going to explode. Three I am your sister and I have to look out for you.” Marquis's sister said with a stern voice but yet soft at the same time. “Fine, Tiana have it your way. But, next time please don't destroy the door.” Marquis said this while rolling his eyes and putting his hand to his face shaking his head slightly. Tiana laughed a bit she curled up her fist and gave Marquis a bit of a nudge on the shoulder. As Marquis pulled his hand away from his face he could see his older sister in plain view now. Tiana is a compassionate person who has a deep-set of gray eyes that are like two pieces of steel. Her curly, long, chestnut brown hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a fluttering flag. She is tall and has a curvy build. Her skin was light almond brown like his. Her wardrobe is uncomplicated, with a lot of yellow. Tiana spoke this time being more serious than last time, “Marquis today is the day you finally get married to Olivia but, we must meet with father and the rest of the clan. Please be prepared for today especially the meeting. Father has an announcement to make and I want to make sure we are all in this together.” Marquis knew what she was talking about however, he didn't want a war to break out after so many years of turmoil.

One Hour Later

Marquis looked at himself in the mirror, his large yellow eyes gazing back at himself. Marquis reminds you of a dangerous wolf. He has a muscular build. His skin is light almond brown. His thick, coarse, coffee-colored dreads is medium-length and is worn in a businesslike, utilitarian style. His wardrobe is attractive and sophisticated, with a mostly black, blue, and silver color scheme. “Seems like I am all set for the day. I hope this day goes well.” Marquis said this with a bit of a sigh in his voice as if he knew something was going to happen however, he wanted to think of the positive which was Olivia. Marquis fixed himself and began to walk towards the now gaping hole where his door use to be he felt a hand upon his left shoulder. Marquis didn't seem to hesitate, before the figure knew what was happening Marquis already had his right hand on the person's hand. Marquis began to squeeze tightly as he shifted his body underneath the person's body taking there hand with them and bringing up around their back holding it tightly. Marquis's could feel the person's resistance but, then he realized whom he had in an arm lock. “Sorry, Aaron. I don't know why you and my sister insist on torching me so early in the morning. I think Olivia would like me in one piece for today thank you very much.” Marquis released Aaron from his hold. As Aaron walked forward holding his arm a bit, Marquis could describe him as a man who reminds you of a deadly eel. He has almond-shaped brown eyes that are like two acorns. His thick, straight, obsidian hair is short and is worn in a practical, precise style. He is short and has an over-muscled build. His skin is tanned. He has prominent cheekbones and stubby-fingered hands. His wardrobe is professional and attractive, with a completely blue color scheme. “Man for me being older than you, your way stronger than me. Probably because of Uncle always training you.” Aaron laughed a bit as he had a huge grin on his face. “Come on cousin you should be excited more, you're getting married today. Even though I wish Ms. Olivia was with a different family.” Aaron grew silent as he noticed Marquis expression change, anger could be shown visibly on his face. “Once this day is over with Olivia will never have to deal with them again,” Marquis said with a very heavy tone. As he began to proceed out of his room into the castle hallway. Aaron right beside him.

Several Minutes Later
Chamber Room

“Uncle this is getting ridiculous. Why should we the Aust's subjugate ourselves to them, just because Marquis is in love.” A female voice could be heard echoing in the hallways as Marquis and Aaron got closer. A loud voice that seemed like thunder crashing down came bursting out vibrating the very air, “SILENCE... I am tired of explaining myself over and over again. We need to end this war between our nations. Marquis and Olivia finding each other out of pure luck and fall in love. This is a sign for us to end this 300-year long war between us and the Empire of Lyres.” Marquis arrived at the door and placed his hands on the doorknob. “It seems my son is finally here.” The stern voice echoed as Marquis opened the door allowing Aaron and himself in the room before both closing their eyes and bowing politely. As the arose for what seemed like forever, Marquis took a view of the room. He saw several people in the room all he was too familiar with. A sharp gaze met him, Nix one of his eldest cousins seemed to have an issue with the unions of our Empires. Nix reminds you of an impenetrable fortress. She has slanted gray eyes that are like two windows looking out on an overcast sky. Her luxurious, wavy, charcoal-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a crown. She has a wide-hipped build. Her skin is tan. She has a domed forehead and small feet. Her wardrobe is strange and odd, with a lot of blue. Marquis didn't dislike his cousin, he just didn't agree with her methods on how to handle state affairs. “I apologize for the trouble I have caused the fam..” Before Marquis could finish a fist was flying towards him. Marquis slightly moved to the left pivoting on his left heel. Marquis made a complete 180, using the rotation of his left heel he came to a complete stop using his right foot he slammed it into the ground. Doing this he placed his body into a perfect grounded stance which allowed him to follow up with a small body thrust. The figure took the hit hard and flew over into a nearby table. “Vivian you too, why does everyone challenge me in this family. Don't you guys think it's annoying enough dealing with Dad.” Marquis said with annoyance in his voice. A sharp squeak of noise came out from the rumble as the figure sprung up and started dusting herself off. Vivian reminded you of a benevolent angel. She has slitted gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury. Her luxurious, straight, smoke-gray hair is medium-length and is worn in an impractical, carefully-crafted style. She is very short and has a muscular build. Her skin is ruddy. She has a high forehead. Her wardrobe is mysterious and is completely yellow. “Wow... that did hurt your right Aaron he's gotten a lot stronger since last time. Uncle has been training your martial arts like crazy. I can't wait to go again.” As Vivian started to gear up again, another stern female voice spoke and made Vivian stop cold in her steps. “VIVIAN ENOUGH” Marquis glanced over a bit, he nodded gently as she winked towards him. Evelyn was her name anther cousin whose strength rivals his sisters. Evelyn was a very spiritual woman. She has narrow violet eyes that are like two windows on the evening sky. Her silky, straight, gray hair is worn in a style that reminds you of an elaborate sculpture. She is very tall and has a muscular build. Her skin is cream-colored. She has a high forehead and small hands. Her wardrobe is unusual. “We are getting off track. I like Olivia she is a sweet girl but, I just don't trust does Fosters. Have you seen the marks and ...” Nix noticed Marquis's eyes glaring towards her. Even though he was the second youngest for some reason he was the strongest out of them all compared to his Father. No one knew why maybe it was a gift from the Gods that he was like this. Marquis closed his eyes and took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. “Father Nix is right... I don't want to believe in these people so I propose that after we marry to have eyes on her family at all times. Olivia knows the state of her family and is willing to defect just in case things go south today for our marriage.” Everyone stared at him for a bit however, Marquis's expression didn't change he seemed rather emotionless and none caring. Even though everyone knew he cared a lot. “Son if you think doing this is the best course of action then we will be on guard. Aaron and Evelyn, you know your task with the guard. Tiana lets make sure all the guest are comfortable but, just in case things go wrong your in charge of getting them out. Vivian and Nix intelligence I want all ears open in the dark. Marquis go get prepared.” Marquis's father said this all in one breathe. Everyone stood up and bowed politely towards him before all leaving their separate ways.

Wedding Night
Empire of the Grand Moon

“I do..”
“I do..”
I now pronounce you husband and....-Boom- Screams can be heard from everywhere and flames engulfed the area. Marquis felt his head spinning as he rose slowly in a panic looking for Olivia. Fortunately for him, she wasn't hurt due to him stepping in the way when the first explosion happened. “Marquis are you okay... I am sor..” Olivia's voice was soft and shaking, her white gown now tarnished in red. Olivia was always beautiful she always reminded Marquis of a brightly-shining star. She has beady brown eyes that are like two drops of chocolate. Her fine, straight, olive-green hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a horse's mane. She is short and has a wide-hipped build. Her skin is light-colored. She has a low forehead and thin eyebrows. “Don't worry Olivia, we knew something like this would happen.” As Marquis said this figures came dropping out of the sky landing softly on the ground. They all wore black cloaks and stood still as two figures began to walk up towards them. “It seems this show has come to an end Olivia I am sorry my child but, your services are no longer needed. Your mother did her duty now it's your turn to fulfill yours. Unfortunately, Aaron and your father seemed to die very easily and the rest of your family got away but, that won't last too long.” The man spoke very cynical and chuckled every chance he got as if cursed by some demon. Alfonzo was his name the ruler of the Empire of Lyres a man that reminds you of a rabid dog. He has droopy eyes the color of an overcast sky. His fine, straight, sand-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a helmet. He is short and has an elegant build. His skin is tanned. He has a small mouth. Besides him not saying a word was his puppet of a son Theodore this dishonest guy has hooded violet eyes. His luxurious, straight, medium-length hair is the color of yellowed ivory and is worn in an exotic, elegant style. He's got a mustache. He is tall and has a masculine build. His skin is white. He has a domed forehead and small ears. Alfonzo raised his hands slightly. Marquis got into a defensive stance crouching down low and placing his right fist back towards his hip while he placed his left arm in front of him. “Marquis....one thing I learned from all our pass wars is that honor means nothing and neither does my daughter as well,” Alfonzo said this with a chuckle as he released his hand from where it was. Several of the hooded figures raised their arms to reveal crossbows. However, before Marquis could react a single arrow was released. Marquis heard the arrow in the wind however, his motions were to late and the a -Thud- could be heard. Olivia the love of his life was hit in the back by an arrow. Before he could piece together the scene a sensation was coming over him and he felt his knees grow weak. Several arrows had pierced his back. Marquis collapsed to his knees looking at his Olivias body her struggling to breathe. Marquis couldn't get over the fact of dying and leaving his beloved their without exacting revenge. All he could think of was boiling rage inside. Anger that he had never felt before welled up inside him. “Why is it everyone today seems to like messing with me...I am just tired of this crap. All I wanted..” Marquis stood up slowly as he coughed up blood “ Was to be with Olivia and live in peace..but, instead, we have to deal with this... I should have” Marquis began hacking blood as he spoke. Sparks began to emit from his body, as everything around him began to grow dark as if a thunderstorm was coming even though it was clear outside. “Alfonzo I should've killed you and your son when I had the chance, if it wasn't for Olivia we would be living in peace right now...but.... don't worry,” Marquis said as he began to breath heavy the sparks growing larger attacking the nearby cloaked figures. Some were able to dodge but, others weren't so lucky and was left in a pile of ash. Marquis got into a defensive position and placed his right hand by his hip into a fist clenched hard. His left hand again brought up towards his face. He could feel the sparks emitting great power inside of him “Today is the day you, your son and all, of your empire, realize, whom you are dealing with.” Marquis said with a low tone as used every bit of his strength to push off his left leg. When he did this he could feel all the fibers of his muscles being torn as he dashed forward thrusting his right hand forward unleashing a huge thunder wave of sparks towards everyone. Each lightning arc contacted with an enemy left nothing left.

Present

Blood dripped from his lips as he felt a cold rush come over his body again, as he watched his loved one fade away from his vision. Olivia now inches away from Marquis had dragged herself from the alter towards him. “Please God of Thunder Azula please spare Marquis, please take my last strength and give to him. He is still useful to the world. He has always been kind to me and I love him very much. I wish we could have had a happy life, my love.” Olivia said with a cough in between. A vast of colors of purple and blue appeared underneath Marquis as he was being sucked in. “Child I see your love and I will grant you two wishes.” A soft voice could be heard echoing in Olivia's head as she began to meet her end. “I will restore him but, he will not be of this world anymore. Two I will turn your very essence and being into something that will always be a part of him.” Olivia began to turn white as looked at Marquis for the last time smiling softly. As Marquis opened his eyes all he can see left was the vast colors of blue and purple surrounding him. “Goodbye...Marquis.” A soft voice said as everything finally went black. A black ring was placed on his left-hand ring finger with weird writing on it.

Several hours later.
Torchline
Kaiholo Port
Marquis again was awoken by water as the sun began to beat down on him strongly. His vision was a bit blurred and everything was hazy. He sat up slowly and placed his left hand on his head. Feeling the soft ground with his right hand, he removed his left hand from his head to look down at the sand. “What the..” Marquis's eyes began to adjust slowly as he seemed to be on a beach by a port filled with different people he has never seen before. “What is... where am I.” Marquis said with a confused voice.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

Another day, another drunk kid passed out on the beach. Same old shit, really, and normally you wouldn't care, but there's a mysterious illness going around and you'd rather nobody fucking die in he middle of your port.

So you leave the edge of the beach and make your way towards the water, hands in your pockets and a whistle on your lips. Maybe you can turn around. Not too late, old man. It's a nice night, and you're supposed to be heading to the clinic to meet Vai, plus checking in on Sam. The kid's sitting up by the time you get closer, which you think might be a good sign... but he still looks damn confused.

You run your fingers through your hair and exhale a heavy sigh, resigning yourself to your new role of government-stand-in-guy.

A healthy distance from the kid you stop, crouching down in the sand. "Ey, kid, y'alright?" Your voice is rough, but not unkind, as you squint at the young stranger. "Been sick at all? Any fever or anythin'? Or just got an early start?" Not that you'd blame him, young as he is: your first drink is usually in your coffee, and it all goes on from there.
and in the sea that's painted black
creatures lurk below the deck
but you're my king and i'm your lionheart
Marquis Aust
Mercenary

Age: 301 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: - Strg: 13 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: DreadedBlackKnight Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Marquis
As Marquis tried to piece together all of this, he heard footsteps coming towards him. The sand being kicked around could be heard slightly from the individual's footsteps. Marquis gazed upon the rough-looking man he reminded him of a  witty comedian.  His thick, wavy, gray, and black hair is medium-length and is worn in a severe, uncomplicated style. He has a masculine build. His skin is light-colored and he has a wide forehead.

"I am fine...I am not sick just....."

Marquis said as he stood up slowly still using his left hand to hold his head, for some reason he had a massive headache that wasn't going away.

"Can you happen to explain to me where we are? How far are we from the Empire of the Grand Moon? Also.."

Marquis paused as he said this looking up at the sky. Marquis removed his left hand from his head to see in the sky no second sun. Something didn't make sense. Why wasn't there a second sun? How did he end up on the beach? And what happened to have him reach some unknown land away from home. Marquis took a few moments to gather his thoughts and started thinking that he was now away from home and something wasn't right.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

Here's a fun fact about Caido: lunatic ravings do not necessarily mean one is raving mad with fever. It can just as easily (generally more often) mean someone's been very rudely dropped out of some other world and deposited onto the shifting sand. It means that you're having a harder time than normal figuring out if this kid's sick or new, aka whether he needs medical attention or a good stiff drink.

You straighten up as he does, brows knitting in concern when he grabs his head and looks at the sky and babbles about the Empire of the Moon or some other nonsense. "Pretty fuckin' far," you mutter, eyeing the kid skeptically. "D'ya know yer name? Or how ya got here? Feelin' hot at all?" You take a step closer, raising a hand to feel his forehead- if he doesn't freak out. He doesn't look sick, more sad and lost, which is some amount of relief. "Are ya hurtin'?" You glance back toward town and the clinic, wondering if Vai is there.
and in the sea that's painted black
creatures lurk below the deck
but you're my king and i'm your lionheart