sunshine and lollipops
for Samuel
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
The Hollowed Grounds was too cold.

It was chilly and it made him so thirsty for water and it wasn't warm and the only warmth came from his shop but that meant no sun and-

And... and...

And Torchline had sun! And it was hot and it had tons of things to drink. Sooooo much to drink like wowwwww he could just look out and see all that tasty water that was forbidden because it was big and scary... and salt. Very, very salty.

AnYWaYs

It took a bit of walking to get there because there were pretty flowers to look at and he had to help a turtle cross the road and all sorts of stuff like that.

But then he got to torchline and man did it feel good.

There was a pretty nice crate to sleep on, like it seemed PERFECT. But when he tried to sleep on it, his dumb dumb body was tooooo damn big. Then he got a brilliant idea and shifted down into his fox shift. Climbing on top, he basically dropped his body down onto the crate, laying happily with his body in full direct sunlight, basking in the warmth it provided.

There was just one small problem...

it was night

That 'sunlight' was a lamp.

Samuel
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
ffilc a no denooram ,taob denrutpu na ni efil yM
doolf gib taerg a em thguorb uoY
Escaping Zeph's eye was remarkably easy for Sam, even when sick (there were two likely causes for this: either Zeph didn't care enough to keep him in, or he was just that smooth); he'd slipped back down to the ocean without a real specific goal in mind, something about the heat of the Longheat sand on his feet appealing. It wasn't until he'd actually reached the relatively cool beach that he'd realised it was night time.

Frustrated he had wandered up to the pier, thinking he might be able to find something to satisfy one of the many bizarre new cravings he had.

And suddenly, illuminated as if meant to be noticeable, he spotted a small sleeping creature. Were Sam in his right mind, he would know that blood from animals was rarely any use to Ascended anyway, that it was wrong, no matter how much he wanted to, to rip at an innocent sweet fox with his teeth...but he wasn't in his right mind, and the sleeping fox looked delicious. He could practically smell the blood.

Sneaking as quietly as he could forwards, when he was close enough Sam would dart out a hand, attempting to grab the sleeping fox and pull it towards his mouth, where sharp fangs longed to pierce flesh.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
You make my heart shake bend and break
Massive, gigantic hands grab for him and lift the tiny fox off of the box. Luckily for Oliver, the moment Samuel's hands begin to lift him up, he's fully awake and in absolute panic mode. The golems have returned!

Shifting into his human form, it's probably safe to assume that Samuel won't be able to keep holding up Oliver the way he is currently. So it's also safe to say Oliver will probably come crashing down onto the crate, landing roughly on his back and leading him to be in quite a lot of pain.

Once laying in a very uncomfortable way, Oliver will stare up at his attacker with a glare and a very loud groan. "S-... .Samuel? Get out of my light! Go find your own sunshine, dammit." It took him a second to recognize Samuel but his mind wasn't really wondering where the man came from, just that he was totally ruining his warmth. "There are golems too! They will grab you and steal your mouth!" The golems had been the ones to grab him in his sleep, of course, so Samuel should probably look out for them.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel
Alarmingly, the little fox he lifted in his hands suddenly grew and changed; Sam stepped back with a surprised yell as he dropped it, stumbling a little over his own feet on the rough pier planks. Seeing Oliver his confusion only grew, the obvious connection not coming to mind as he frowned and watched him talk. For once, being yelled at didn't put him into immediate apology mode, only served to baffle him further.

"Sunshine...?" He peered up at the lamp, held up a hand to block some of it's light as if checking it wasn't actually somehow the sun: it definitely wasn't, his hand only an inch away casting a large shadow over the scene.

As for Golems, he had no idea what to say to that. Sam looked back and forth down the pier, seeing nothing of the sort, then back to Oliver. "What...steal your mouth? Why would they..." He trailed off, remembering again just how thirsty he was and seeing Oliver's neck, just as if not more tempting than the little fox had been.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Change author:
Luckily for Sam, Oliver was far from in the mood to yell at him anymore. He was feeling exhausted- having not slept due to constantly wandering and his mind keeping him awake. It was tiring and unfortunately, he was too unaware of his need for proper rest and relaxation.

Staring up at the man, Oliver squinted. "Yeah- yeah... the sun. It is sooooo warm and I feel so so so cold." Oliver felt his back shudder at the thought and he placed a hand to his forehead. "I feel so cold.. and the sun is nice, but I can't enjoy it when you block it." He spoke quietly, only really loud enough for Samuel and anyone within a few feet to hear. The sun was one of his few reliefs and he missed it.

And oh, what a sad sad day. Oliver shakes his head when he realizes that Samuel doesn't know about the golems! "Golems! There was one here- I didn't see him but I felt him... they are these big rock dudes." Holding his hands up, Oliver outstretched his arms to show just how big the golems were... which was funny seeing as he was practically sprawled out on the crate (or about as good as he could be). "You see, golems only have arms and legs. No mouths! So they steal your mouth." Yes, yes. Golems were a real threat! Oliver should know, he saw one in the forest not very long ago.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam stared at the lamp, scrunching his mouth to the side as he willed it in his mind to turn into the sun, unsure if what he was seeing was the reality or imagination; right now, when it seemed everyone was existing somewhere between the two, it felt impossible to know. Regardless of if Oliver was right or not, he did stand back and stop blocking the light, still peering at it for a while after.

"There aren't any Golems in Torchline." He said with confidence, never having seen or heard of one of the huge creatures in the warm land. Regardless of if they were there, he had certainly never heard of a Golem stealing someone's mouth. His mind having chosen to keep hold of this one point of clarity, Sam shook his head and frowned. "No. They don't take mouths. They just smash things."

He took a couple of steps backwards, then looked at Oliver again. "You're sick too, I think. You should go home to rest. I'm going to...eventually."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Change author:
A hum left his lips and he tilted his head to the side, looking just to the right of Samuel, right over his shoulder. "Really? No Golems? Huh...." Then... what happened? Oh well, his mind wasn't really coming up with any thoughts or anything and soon he was thinking about other stuff. "No mouth taking? Man... I always thought they did that.... you learn something new every day!" A light bit of laughter and he tries to lean back before realizing there is nothing behind him to lean against. Fumbling around he sits right back up.

Sick? What? Samuel must have smoked something or ate raw eggs. "I'm not sick." There was a huff of laughter and Oliver shakes his head. "Yeah I'm sweaty buuuut, that's fine! It's summer, mate, that's why I'm so sweaty!" Summer was always a time for being hot! Er-.... was it summer? Firelong? Eh, whatever.

"Wait- wait wait... you're sick?! Like... snotty sick? Do you even have snot?!" Oliver scrunched his nose up and lurched backward a bit, trying to avoid any snot.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Oliver, thankfully, seemed to take the news of no golems well; Sam was grateful for this, because if the other man insisted on it too much, he might be tempted to believe in it himself. It was one less thing to be terrified of when the hallucinations got worse, one less thing to see looming towards him in the darkness (the illness had added a whole new cast to his worst fears).

It was pretty obvious, as he tried to lean back and failed, that Oliver was sick. Sam recognised it well at this point, having experienced the disorientating nature of the illness himself and having seen it in several others. "You're sick. I can tell. It's spreading to all of us and we're all going to die from it, I think. Everyone's getting it." For such a drastic thing to say, Sam seemed oddly calm as he said it, for the moment his mixed up emotions not providing panic.

"I don't...have snot." Sam insisted, though he did check, quickly going up to touch his nose: nope. "But I am...I am sick. It's hard to think properly all the time. I don't know."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Change author:
His eyes widen and eyebrows lower, mouth somewhat open. The foolishness once exhibited melted away and he felt stiffened. His body was rigid and hairs on his arms stood up. ”Die? I’m going to die?” Biting on his lip, Oliver rapidly shook his head. ”No! I’m not sick! I’m fine I mean, look” Scrambling to his feet, Oliver walked barely a few inches in a straight line. ”See? You’re wrong I’m right.” Folding his arms, Oliver stared at Sam as if waiting to see if he has convinced the man.

With a raised eyebrow, Oliver gave him a suspicious glance. ”Who told you that you’re sick? Was it someone evil?” His eyes widened and he gasps ”It was a golem! You’re working with golems! No wonder why you tried to defend them.” Yea! He was brilliant.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam had long ago accepted that he was going to die (even if he did sometimes let his anxiety override that) and at the moment, in his fuzzy and delirious world, it really was the least of his concerns. "Mhm. Probably." He said calmly as he nodded, watching blankly as Oliver walked forward a few feet. "...Okay."

He shook his head, getting tired of this interrogation (this was the third time in as many days he'd argued with someone just as sick as he was about whether or not they were actually ill). "The Voice. She's not evil. She's very nice, and she knew something was wrong. If you think I'm working with Golems..." Sam shrugged, his usual filters obviously gone as he plainly said: "...Then you're an idiot. That's not how they work."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Change author:
Lips turn down into a frown and Oliver shakes his head. "No- wait? Please-" The idea of death is awful and it was something that Samuel brought into existence. "I'm not sick, okay? And I'm not going to die... I don't want to die right now." Oliver didn't feel completely amazing, but he probably wasn't sick. "Where- where did you hear I was sick? How are you sick?"

The Voice is brought up but she doesn't seem to be the cause of things. "Could- could she... does she have a cure? Does she know what's going on? I haven't talked to Safrin recently... she gave me a SUUUUPER important job and I cant go back ya know, until I'm done." Safrin had better things to do than have him waddle on in without having his jobs done. "I cant talk to the Voice... but if you wanna tell me what she knows I could help you not be sick?" Since Oliver absolutely wasn't sick and was completely ignoring the fact that Samuel called him an idiot.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
Sam frowned, deeply confused: why were so many people denying what was obviously true, even those that weren't Ascended? In fact, the Ascended had been the ones that knew they were sick, even when it was meant to be impossible. The others seemed hard to convince, somehow determined that they could never fall ill. "Why wouldn't you think you were sick...? A lot of people are, and you're not Ascended, and you're acting weird like everyone else...and I think I am too, but it's hard to tell."

Then Oliver asked about a cure though, which meant he probably did believe he was sick...Sam held a hand to his head, struggling to get through this with the fog in his mind. "No, she doesn't have a cure. She um...she..." He paused, rubbed his eyes and tried to remember his conversation with the Voice, which was rapidly slipping away. "She said...she'd work on something, I think. I don't know...I hope she finds one before the Old Gods, because the Old Gods probably won't let us have it."

Not something he'd normally say in front of a non-Ascended, but he had less boundaries than usual at the moment. "Safrin won't help you."
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT
Blacksmith

Change author:
It was true, Oliver was accepting that something was wrong with him. It was a lot to handle and he clearly wasn't taking it super well, not at all. There's a shrug and he nibbles on his lip. "Well... I mean, I'm not... I'm not sick-sick... like, it doesn't feel like a cold?" Oliver didn't think he was acting very weird, but then again, he kinda did feel super spacy. And hot... so so so hot.

Looking back at Samuel, Oliver tried to listen to what he offered. "Wait, why wouldn't they help us? And... and isn't a good thing if either finds a cure? I mean... I don't know.... I know she doesn't like me because I don't wanna be an ascended but I'd hope she'd not want me to die and I know that my gods would do the same for you." While Death could be beautiful, to lose so many people in one go? It'd be terrible... so so terrible... and Oliver wasn't ready to die. Someone would save them and he just knew it.

Frowning, Oliver shakes his head. "What? No? I'm sure if Safrin knows she's doing so much! Just like your Voice." There is a nod and Oliver is absolutely right. Safrin is doing everything she can to help them out.

His eyes drift away and he lets out a sigh. "I... maybe I am sick... I'm so tired and so hot... and I cant think of stuff for long." Not to mention that he was constantly out fo his home and he was so so so thirsty.
OLIVER
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel
"...There's worst illnesses than colds." Sam said simply, his voice darker than intended as he gave Oliver a serious look. "I think....this is as much to do with minds as it does with bodies...Ascendeds have minds, see." Beginning to lose his point a little, he shook his head and squeezed his eyes tight shut, trying to retain his focus, which threatened to drift off every second he didn't actively maintain it.

He laughed a bitter laugh and shook his head at Oliver's confusion. "You will be able to have it. I won't. The Old Gods aren't going to help the Ascended...they probably did this on purpose to hurt us, I think. The Voice would probably let everyone have it, because she's better." Something bothered him in the back of his mind as he said that, some inkling that it was not his true opinion, but pleased to have something to speak passionately and at least somewhat coherently about, Sam ignored it.

"We're all like that. It's what's happening now. Maybe it's the end...maybe it's time that everything get's decided and I'll probably be wrong, but maybe I'm right." He babbled, his eyes falling away from Oliver as his speech got quieter and he chewed at his nails, clearly sinking back into his own thoughts.
tfil a em evag uoy dnA
tfig a tahw ,erac oT