Two of a Kind
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

No one was more surprised than Isla that, after meeting with the Voice, she had simply thrown herself back into her work as though nothing had happened. Of course people were aware that something was going on with the healer, given her uncharacteristic hiding in her study and her preference for night shifts in the Infirmary, but for the most part she was furiously ignoring the change she'd undergone.

Which was confusing in itself because... she had wanted this. She had asked for it. But not being able to... to feel any kind of pleasure was... She sighed, shaking the thoughts away. Her footsteps were soft and light on the snowfall, Isla gazing up at the moody clouds that suffocated the night sky. She was bundled in a coat and scarf even though she felt none of the cold, and her fair hair was left loose around her face.

There. The manor.

She would have needed a lantern once to even make out the outline, but now... not so. Navigating easily to the door, she managed a small smile under her scarf at the idea of being the one to call on the good (ex-)captain rather than allowing him to sneak up on her again, before reaching up and knocking. She had questions. He had answers. Probably.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Deep in the cellar of the manor, in a small room that had initially been bricked off until its discovery, Archebold, sleeves rolled a quarter of the way up was busying himself stitching up a body he had stuffed and preserved with salt, garlic, and mushrooms. Hanging it upside down so the blood would build. Allowing the mushrooms to absorb the fluids he could than use, perfectly seasoned.

He hummed a classical melody, his stitching handled with ease as one would stitch a patch onto a sweater or jacket. As the ankles were fastened onto the hook hanging above, he heard the knock echoing through the halls above. Licking his fingers clean as he sealed and locked the iron door to his 'seasoning den'.

Torch lights offered a warm bloom within the manor that appeared to be coming together. An apron had still been fastened around his waist. The color to his white buttoned shirt opened as he opened the door.

At first, he appeared surprised that someone actually had the courage to seek him out...that someone being a healer of all people.

Leaning against the corridor, Archebold would lick his thumb clean that still held a stain from his previous workings before addressing Isla . A fanged smirk greeting her.

"I never really expect company...but it's certainly welcome."

His voice held an allure to it as he looked over the healer. Thinking as he took the life from her neck, and the taste and pleasure that filled his bones...unforgettable.

"How may I be of service..."

He asked, assuming she had developed a need to be fed upon again, to feel that helplessness overtake her once more.
archebold
Death is not a defeat. It is a cure.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

He had alluded to cooking in their last meeting, but to see him answer the door in something as domestic as an apron was strange to say the least. Her pebble-blue eyes glinted in the light of the snow more than the moon, though the torches within painted her in a ruddy glow. "Sounds lonely," she remarked, reaching up to carefully unwind the scarf from around her face, regarding the ex-captain coolly. She had come for information, to share their experience of this... condition of theirs.

But as she watched him there, smirking, languid in the beating heart of his demesne... she felt angry. The pierce of fangs against her neck, taking what was never offered - that beggared belief, it seethed for retaliation. The decision was made in a moment of recklessness utterly unbecoming of the logical doctor, and Isla rolled her shoulders in a coy shrug.

"You know exactly how," she murmured to him, brazenly stepping forward to close the distance between them. She unbuttoned her coat to expose her neck, leaning up on her toes, hands pressed to his chest, tilting her head as if to invite him in.

But the moment he was close enough, Isla struck, her hands clenching against his shirt so she could plunge her fangs into him.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Arrogance can be a powerful tool. In the right moment it can compel you to complete the impossible. However, the flip side of that coin was it could blind you from dangers you otherwise would have noticed.

Tonight was just such an occasion. He should have noticed the absence of her heart, should have noticed her willingness to get so close so easily. Yet Archebold found the prospect of luring Isla too difficult to second guess. Never had he tasted something so full of life, so delicate. The possibility to have it willingly given to him was just simply too tempting.

As she placed her hands against his chest and leaned up to be taken, Archebold gently caressed the sides of her arms as he held her gently, leaning down to indulge.

Instead something...foreign. Something he never felt before. Was that fear? Perhaps a touch as he felt the pressure against his neck, unprepared for the attack as he stumbled back. His grip firmed on her arms as he would try to bring Isla down with him.

His body roared with a rush of ecstasy, arms falling back onto the ground as he felt the grip of her jaw tightening. Dark eyes closed, had Isla fell over him, his hands would clasp against her head and press her fangs further into his neck.

He wanted to speak but only a groan escaped his lips. Archebold, for the first time in the decades of his existence, was vulnerable and without words.

His fingers curled into Isla's hair as he held her head steady.
archebold
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Victory was shortlived. As Archebold stumbled back, bringing her down on top of him, the first crackle of bliss fired through her body. She knew well the result of a bite like theirs, but foolishly she had assumed that it wouldn't work the same way on another Ascended. It was too late - far too late - to change that now. Isla needed no coaxing to drive her fangs in deeper, her jaw closing around his neck as his hands curled into her fair hair.

She drew deep from the well of his strength, though it wasn't blood but sweetness and honey that flooded through her; whatever the Voice had made them out of, it was damned good. Distantly his groan reached her ears, Isla tightening her grip further before finally releasing him, arching up to gaze down at him. She sat astride him, hair wild around her face, bathed in the werelight of the snow outside.

Lips parted, as if to say something, before she changed her mind and simply... smiled.

"You sang to me, and I was taken by every flavorful melody." His previous words to her spilled easily from her lips, her fingers still clenched in the irritatingly perfect white of his shirt.

"What did you think? Feel when I took You? Truthfully..."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Collector

Change author:
As Isla slipped her fangs from his neck, he let out a breathless sigh. His eyes remained closed as he attempted to compose himself. Dark eyes fluttered open and struggled to focus at first before he looked upon the healer sitting over him.

Blood, his blood dripping over the side of her lips. As she spoke the words he had to her, the night he took her essence, Archebold brought his hands to his chest and ripped open the buttons with a single tug.

"You're not finished are you?"

The he would ask, before taking the sharp end of his slender pinky finger and slicing across his chest.

"There's more if you'll have it..."

Fangs flickered in and out of his quivering lips. His hand raising to brush against her neck, and along her cheek. Had Isla appeared lured by the sensation she just freed herself from, Archebold was prepared to capitalize. Had she accepted the offer, lured by the chance to feel that feeling again, and believe she was punishing the ascended...Archebold would plunge her into his chest to bite down on the wound he cut open for her.

Breathless he would sigh again, one hand clutching her hair as he would hold her lips against his chest, as the free hand would slowly raise her wrist to his own lips.

This of course, was banking the lure had worked...Archebold would raise Isla's wrist to his lips as he bit down gently onto it. Lips would tighten around Isla's wrist as he rested her fingers against his cheek.

There were few things Archebold would admit ignorance to. After all he's lived decades beyond most, and held a wealth of knowledge of culture, life, philosophy and other practical needs...but never had he ever felt anything as primal as the moment shared with Isla.

She could drain his life completely and he would have allowed it, she earned it. It wasn't a warrior or mage, shapechanger or god that bested the ascended. It was a healer, hidden in a veil of desire before plunging into her pool of vengeance...only was that really what had happened? Or was there something more. A mixture of volatile components that somehow stayed stable. Did she find herself swimming, diving further down into the dark she perhaps thought she was chasing him down?
archebold
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Dazed, still, with aftershocks of ecstasy, Isla could only watch as Archebold roused himself, and she arched an eyebrow as he tore his shirt open, displacing her hands where they were splayed across his chest. She lifted her chin, perhaps in defiance but perhaps, also, to feel his touch better, his fingers dancing across her cheek and her neck.

She held his dark eyes like they were pools of shadow she might fall into, and as he scored a wound across his chest and offered - teased, even - that she wasn't done with him, Isla all but jumped in. "With you? Not yet," she murmured, and there was no resistance as he brought her lips down to meet the offered prize, sinking her teeth back into him.

Pleasure seized her a second time and Isla was a slave to it; the strong fingers in her hair were all the encouragement she needed and she surrendered to him. Focused only on drawing further life - and further bliss - from him, she only vaguely noticed as her fingers found his cheek.

That changed, however, as his fangs found her wrist in kind, Isla flinching at the sheer and overwhelming sensation of it all. Senseless, tumbling, there would be no coming up for (proverbial) air this time.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Collector

Change author:
Archebold would release Isla 's wrist, and reaching to cup her cheeks with his hand. He'd try to pull her off, but just enough to make her try to bite down for more. Keeping her at a distance to say 'look but don't touch, not yet.' Had he been able to hold her face steady, he would lift his head and lick the blood off her lips.

"It's like a dream ins't it? The moment it touches your lips. You lose yourself. Do you hear it?"

He asked. The sound of the blood droplets, dripping down onto the floor, onto him. It would be clear as crystal, and boom as if someone had dropped a iron ball into one of the long hallways, causing an echo.

He would smear the blood from her wrist against his lips, running his tongue partially over it just enough to coat it. Lifting his, he'd nip his fangs at her lips. No intent to harm her, just enough to flinch and make her think he wanted to. Dark eyes held her own before his bloodied lips pressed against hers, the blood coated tongue slipping and rolling into her mouth, rolling against hers in a smooth deliberate motion.

For a moment, the tension in his body eased, fingers relaxing into her hair as he allowed her to taste in much more...appealing way.

"What were you thinking? Hm?"

Archebold asked when he finally slipped his lips away, their faces still inches apart as he nuzzled his nose against hers. A smile flickering along his lips as his hollow eyes remained locked onto Isla's.

"You were going to come here, and take control. It's been a while since someone had made me feel a twinge of fear. You know that?"

His hand freed from her hair and ran along the side of her leg.

"Gives off a scent doesn't it? The fear...it's intoxicating, the more I felt the harder you bit."

Lips grazed against the faintly pink shade of the healer's. The next words he spoke were spoken against her lips.

"Imagine the taste, the scent, the sensation when it's fresh..."

Archebold whispered against her lips.

"Do you want to taste it? Feel it? Pumped into your beautiful lips...I can take you. We can do this together. One night, tonight...I will open this world for you to see like never before."

Again his lips grazed against her own.

"So beautiful...perfection...that is exactly what you are...Perfect."

Between his words he paused against grazing her lips to press gentle pecks before he laid back onto his elbows. His eyes, never blinking, never turning away. The remained on Isla and only Isla as he offered her a chance to hunt for genuine essence. Straight from the melodious sound of a beating heart.

[Bunny permission granted by Honey ]
archebold
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla's hand clenched as Archebold slipped his fangs from her wrist and cupped her face, the healer's mind swimming with pleasure. With him. A soft moan left her throat; she was a doll in his arms, hazy eyes watching his lips as he spoke, listening to the rich thrum of his voice. It took a few fevered moments for sense to try and return, and Isla's gaze sharpened to hear, truly hear what he meant.

The steady drip of blood (or close enough, between them) pattered like thunder against skin, against stone - Isla blinked, nodding ever so slightly. "I hear it," she whispered, lost in the music of it, only to flinch back at the sudden snap of his teeth. A frown flickered across her face, a challenge (almost) as she met eyes darker than sin, until his lips were on hers and she melted into it.

Even a week before this would have been tantamount to horror for the medic, but tonight there was witchcraft in his touch and honey on his tongue, and Isla was lost. Her free hand pressed to his chest, over the sluggishly bleeding wound, and for a lingering moment they might have been anyone.

"Hm...?" A crooked smile curled at the edges of her lips, and she shook her head. "I didn't plan this. I just did it," she murmured, doing nothing to stop his advances and affections, even if something within her told her she probably ought to. "I came to ask questions, to share information. But when I saw you, I..." Wanted to kill you? Wanted to pay you back? Wanted to have you? There was no good end to that sentence.

Isla glanced away, her smile softening. "I dislike causing fear. Even in you," she told him, sitting up ever so slightly as he leant back on his elbows, regarding him through hooded eyes. "And you are a monster, Archebold," she said, her tone suggesting it was as much a compliment as his flowery words had been. "I will not kill with you, or for you. I'm better than that."

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here
Collector

Change author:
"Well..."

Archebold laid back as he neatly folded his hands against the back of his head as he kept his eyes on Isla appearing in no rush to remove their current position.

"That's a very high moral standing for someone who nearly tore the life right out of me...quite literally."

He'd grin, rather blatant in his expression that he didn't take offense to her actions, brash and impulsive as they were.

"It's easy to paint a picture of morality, what you want to believe you're capable of, but we never really know what we're truly capable of until the opportunity presents itself. It did for you once before. I felt your jaws firm against me, that wasn't hesitance or mercy. You enjoyed it, the sudden rush of having me at your mercy. I may a be a monster, but that's never been disputed. I never claimed to be anything but what I am. There will come a time where you will have to come face to face with that reality."

She was Ascended now, for better or worse, there were just certain things she would have to overcome. Stigmas if you will, whether she had the strength to do so was not for him to say, but he would be thoroughly entertained to toe that line with her.

"Unless you have other intentions about our given position, I would suggest we stand, and perhaps I could answer whatever questions you like...or you can undress. The significance of your decision holds equal value to me...so please, no pressure."
archebold
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"You enjoyed it, and I had no intention of killing you or causing you fear," Isla said curtly, also doing nothing to rectify their current position, though her blue eyes were a touch sharp as she gazed down at him. Mostly it was because he was absolutely right and that was a bitter pill to swallow for someone who had made a lifetime out of trying to save people. "I am not a monster," she said with heat in her words, though the state of the two of them would suggest otherwise.

Still, the moral acrobatics of tonight was something altogether too complex for Isla's still addled mind, and she was willingly distracted by Archebold and his suggestions. Stand up was on her tongue even as she rolled her shoulders to shrug out of the coat she didn't need. "Is there any reason why we can't do both?" she inquired.

ISLA
Hush now, I'm here