when all is said and done
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
the priest
Give your heart and soul to charity
'Cause the rest of you
After his remarkable meeting with a Demi-God, Gideon felt like he was walking on air as he headed into the Citadel. It was hard to explain just how much it meant to speak to one of the God's chosen; it was perhaps comparable for other world's religions to meeting a Saint or coming face to face with a historical figure one had only read of so far.

While he could just teleport back to Stormbreak, he decided to spend the evening enjoying the City. Maybe even go for a drink, since no one here was likely to recognise him. In Stormbreak he loathed to have anyone know of his habit, where it might tarnish his reputation as a calm and contemplative man of the Gods. Gideon had gotten himself a pint from a bar and was sat at an outside table, enjoying the brisk (very brisk) air of Halo Longheat.

He almost spat it out when he felt yet another wave of Safrin's love, suddenly coming over him as his eyes glided over passers-by and landed on one particular woman. Could it be two Demi-Gods in one day? Immediately he stood, putting the drink down (didn't want to look like an approaching drunk) and went to tap her on the shoulder. "Ma'am? Mind if I talk with you for a moment? I don't know if you know this, but I can feel the greatest love for you from Safrin."
The best of you, Honey, belongs to me
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
I sailed seas of emotion to wander a forest of scars
I am a dance of light and darkness, a galaxy of shadow and stars
Amalia is out gathering supplies and preparing for the trek ahead when the voice catches her attention. Back bare but for the lush leopard fur, hair braided and flush with holly, and arms laden high with supplies, it is a flustered and pink-cheeked baker who turns around to the tap on her shoulder, dark eyes widening and narrowing, tired resignation softening her face.

How word of her status as Shield of Safrin continues to travel is beyond the girl; she rather wishes that it wouldn't, that she stopped being recognized on the street, especially when she has far more important things to do. Or so she assumes the interaction is going to become, though the way he addresses it is rather different than usual "Um... I.... what?" she asks distractedly, adjusting the supplies held in her arms and trying to keep any from falling to the street. "But... thank you? Um. I'm afraid I'm in a rush- was there something, ah, something you needed?"
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Unlike the last Demi God he had met, this one seemed less prepared to be approached. In fact, Amalia seemed confused and he wondered for a moment if perhaps this girl was unawares of Safrin's love for her, if she was simply a lucky Accepted with no idea of the appreciation she gathered from the Gods.

It was also clear that she was busy, from the way she juggled things in her arms and tried to make her excuses already. Normally, Gideon would have let her go, but the intensity of the Gods admiration for this one made him want to know more: these were the kinds of people the Order needed to succeed, after all.

"Only to talk to you, Ma'am; but now I can see you're quite overwhelmed. Would you like a hand? I'll help you carry your things to where you're going. You see; I'm a Priest myself, and I'm trying to find those that admire our Gods as much as I do..." Gideon gave her his best charming smile. "And if you return even a fraction of Safrin's love for you, you must be one of them."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
It seems he doesn't know who she is after all, which makes the encounter that much stranger and unsettling for the girl. She blinks again, a flush on her cheeks, her eyebrows knit together uncertainly as she glances from her burdens to the man. "Um... okay," she agrees to his offer, letting him take whatever he wants and adjusting the rest in her grasp. It gives her time to sort her thoughts, the weird way her heart flutters in her breast.

He's... handsome, disarmingly so, and speaking of the love of the gods in a way that can't not catch Amalia's attention, especially with how distracted she is. "A priest?" she repeats, thinking of the priests and priestesses of her youth and wondering how this man compares. "Of course I love Safrin, but.... what makes you say that she loves me? You don't... we've never met."
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Thankfully, the Safrin-blessed woman agrees and he takes as much of her load on as he can, easily hanging the bags on strong arms and hands used to helping the people of Stormbreak with charity. Hopefully her destination was a while away, so he could have a chance to really speak to her.

"Indeed. A fancy name for a servant of the Gods, like we all are." Gideon said humbly as he began to walk in step with her to her destination, grinning at her question and letting out a good natured laugh. "You're quite right. You see, my position grants me some powers and opportunities. I am...attuned to the God's feelings on matters and more specifically, people." While in reality this power only belonged to the ring he wore and not Gideon himself, he couldn't go admitting all his secrets at once.

He looked back to Amalia, to the one so clearly beloved. "When I look at you, all I can feel is an overwhelming affection from the Gods, and specifically Safrin. In fact, I've only ever seen something like this rivalled by a Demi-God."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Her grip tightens around what burdens she has left, only one bag now that he's taken most of the boxes (a blessing, really, considering his longer wingspan, but Amalia cannot help bristle a little at the notion of needing help). It's a long way to the Palace, and as flustered as she is she finds it refreshing to hear a stranger speak so openly of the gods she loves.

"How did you get that ability? Can you feel it from all the gods? Or just the heralds? Or only Safrin?" The peppering of questions is a good indicator that the Shield is warming to him; she peers up at the man, her nose red from cold, curiosity bright in her dark eyes. Swallowing anxiously, she adds her true query: "Do... do you feel love from any other god on me?" From Vi? her heart sings, but her lips do not dare to utter.

His next word, though, leaves a mixture of hazy sweetness and biting sour on her tongue. Demigod, something she dares not use to describe herself. Not until it's earned. "Do you know many demigods? I've... Ronin, Safrin's, and Remi, Ludo's, are in Halo now. I don't think any others are... not that I know of, anyway."
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Gideon managed the boxes easily, forgetting he was carrying them as they continued to talk on his favourite subject of the Gods that ruled their world. "I'll have to keep how I got it a secret, I'm afraid." Couldn't give away all his tricks to someone he barely knew, even if she was beloved; the Order operated in the dark and stayed that way because of the few details given. "I can sense the feelings of any of the Gods." He said simply, and it was true: the Voice was not a God, therefore he did not feel hers (nor did he want to).

The hope in her voice was endearing as she asked about Vi's affection; he looked at her and thought on it, a soft but hesitant smile coming to his face. "Well. You're certainly not disliked by any of them. I can tell Vi senses a great potential in you." It was probably not quite the answer she was looking for, but Gideon didn't lie: besides, potential was good. It meant Amalia might be inspired to further serve their Gods, to work greater for their cause.

"I met Ronin just outside these very walls. Are you Safrin-beloved ones gathering for a party?" He asked with a laugh, still amazed at the coincidence of meeting two such people in a day. "Other than him though, I haven't had the honour of meeting any others. Demi Gods are a rare thing, as they should be. The Gods only bestow rewards on those that truly earn them."

Secretly, privately, in the occasional moments of vanity he had, Gideon liked to imagine he might one day be among those scared few. Of course, time was moving on and he had let go of the dream from how tightly he had once held it, but it did sometimes resurface.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A great potential. It isn't the answer she's hoping for, and her face falls imperceptibly as hope gives way to resolution and determination to earn more. Turning back toward the road Amalia inhales, steeling herself against the cold and disappointment, the knowledge that she is not yet enough. "Potential," the Shield repeats. "Thank you. That's... good to hear."

Amalia is young and idealistic, but she is not a fool. The origin of the charming stranger is becoming steadily clearer- especially given his awe of demigods, his kinship with the Old Ones, the way he avoids giving her any real details of himself. But for once she's at a strange advantage: he doesn't seem to know who she is yet, unless he's hiding that information for some reason she can't understand.

"We're going to the Climb. What brings you to Halo?" Glancing sidelong at the stranger, Amalia bites her lip. "How do you know, when someone is a demigod? How do they know that they are?"
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Amalia was graceful about what was potentially a disappointing answer, something that Gideon admired. He knew how it was to work endlessly for the God's approval and receive lukewarm reception in response, but he had worked hard to understand it, that the efforts of a mortal would always seem like nothing to a divine being.

"Ah, yes. He told me about your Climb trip to find Safrin's water. Good luck." He wished her, genuinely meaning it: a cure for those deserving of it was an honourable goal, and for it to be delivered through the gifts of an Old Gods was wonderful. As for his own journeys, he could only shrug. "For the most part, simple curiosity. I haven't spent much time in the Citadel before, and...well. It is a remarkable place, isn't it?"

Her theological question was an interesting one. "I can't say I do inherently know. I can see that people are loved, intensely, by the Gods, which might be a good hint, but without them telling me?" Gideon shrugged. "It's more a matter of guesswork. You might be interested to know I'm beginning to suspect you might be one."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
It appears that he knows more than she expected, and more than he's let on- not surprising in Amalia's experience, but no less frustrating for that. "Remarkable, yes. And cold." The ghost of a smile chases over her lips, her leopard ears shivering expressively among her hair. The Citadel is an impressive thing, but Amalia cannot find it in herself to feel anything close to love for the place. "Is it very different to where you're from?" the Shield asks, glancing at him again, as close to sly as she can get.

Whatever high ground she thinks she has is quickly pulled away from her as the man levels his supposition. For a second she stops to stare up at him, dark eyes widening and then narrowing as she once again begins to walk. "Ah... and why is that?" she asks him with a wary curiosity. "You said yourself that you can't tell, um... sorry, what was your name?"
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Gideon laughed and nodded easily at Amalia's summation of the Citadel, looking at the frosty windows and shining, ice-wet cobbles. Even in the midst of Longheat it was a freezing wasteland here. That people were able to survive was a testament to their, and the Gods, strength, he thought.

He could tell she was trying to poke him for information, but it wasn't really a secret, so he didn't mind giving it. "Oh, I don't know. In Stormbreak we have our Deepfrosts, but not all year round like this. As for the architecture...well. These are quaint." Perhaps that would sound patronising, and really it was: used to buildings like the Temple or places like the Celestine, Gideon found Halo somewhat adorable. "Though that--" He pointed up at the shining ice palace, the parts of it that remained after the explosion. "--is beautiful."

She stopped, apparently very surprised indeed at his comment; he only looked back at her with a smirk, enjoying her confusion on the matter. A Demi-god that didn't know it was a funny idea. "Oh, it's just the sheer amount of love I feel from the Gods for you. It's abnormal. That, and Ronin told me there was another Demi-God nearby." Winking at her, he adjusted the weight of the bags on his arms so he could hold out a hand to shake.

"Gideon Clemments."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She may not be subtle, but she is successful, rather unexpectedly so. Feeling somewhat pleased by her sleuthing, Amalia tries very hard not to look too eager as the next string of questions leaves her lips. "What's it like? Stormbreak, that is. I have a friend-" Breaking off abruptly, Amalia frowns, her gaze dropping down to the snow. Is Finn her friend? Does he hate her for leaving? Was it all a ploy? "I... that is, I've met a couple other people from Stormbreak. But they didn't tell me much." Significantly more subdued now, the Shield shrugs.

Amalia flushes at his wink, though she does her best to hide it. "He must have meant his husband, Remi," the Shield automatically assumes. Whatever suspicions she may have about her own state, the girl is not ready to call herself a demigod, not until it's something she feels that she's earned.

The extended hand can't be denied. Adjusting her own burdens the girl offers hers in turn, the fur-backed appendage soft yet cold. "Amalia. Chandrakant," the Shield replies, searching his face for recognition.
Amalia
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
the priest
'Cause the rest of you
Amalia's question about Stormbreak seemed to quite rapidly end as she appeared to think better of mentioning a friend there. Gideon raised an eyebrow and looked across at her, but said nothing of it; he didn't need to pry too much on their first meeting, after all. "I'm probably biased, but it's beautiful. Grand, with a long history of culture and beautiful art. A place truly blessed by the Gods, which can be seen in so many of it's landmarks...the temple, the Celestine..." Speaking of his home put a smile on his face.

When she insisted Ronin must have meant his husband the smile fell as he frowned, trying to remember just what had been said; when she gave her name he laughed and shook his head. "I remember that name now. Ronin said it. Said you were touched by Vi, which would seem to be the case." It was rare Gideon picked up on any particular feelings from the higher Gods towards people he saw.

"You seem quite shy about your connection to the Gods, Amalia." He said gently, taking his hand back and continuing to walk. "Why is that? It's something to be very proud of. The most honourable pursuit one could follow on Caido, in fact."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"The Celestine?" The word sounds beautiful, feels like starlight on her tongue, and immediately Amalia brightens, intrigued. "Was it made by the Gods? The city, I mean. Does it have... um... carriages? And towers of glass? Do many families live in one house?" It is clear that Amalia's knowledge of cities is an amalgamation of Outlander fragments; the Citadel is the closest thing to civilization the Shield has truly seen.

The handshake is complete and the hand withdrawn, moving immediately to push back her hair as a flush spreads over Amalia's cheeks. "I suppose you could say that," the girl murmurs shyly, not looking at Gideon. "He... changed me. And I belong to him now." The familiar awe floods her voice; she still cannot believe what it might mean.

It is reassuring to hear his shared affection for the gods, and Amalia's warm smile is undeniable. "I... it's difficult to explain," the Shield replies, glancing at Gideon again. "I have always loved the gods, always prayed and done my best to live in their life. And I've been unspeakably blessed, especially by Safrin and Vi."

Turning back to the expanse of tundra, Amalia shrugs. "But I don't... I wouldn't pretend to be more than I am. I'm Vi's- whatever he will have of me. That's all I've ever wanted, and more than I deserve."
Amalia