all the ends are all so clear
Open!
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer

She's been hard at work, forgetting to eat as she was often prone to. She sits at a desk, the blueprints spread out before her, biting into an apple upon realizing that she needed to eat — given the way her stomach growls unhappily. But her focus is entirely on the blueprints, on the way she’s scribbled down a few schematics and watched as they’re recreated in a model of sorts where she can see exactly how it will look.

She stands then, mulling it over, taking a few more bites out of the apple before she’s plucking a block from the model and moving it to a new section, raising the defense of it a small amount while retaining its structure. After a few moments of silently staring at it, she sighs, shakes her head, tossing around a dark ponytail. “Well that doesn’t work.” She grumbles, half to herself, half to the blueprints, as she sets the apple down on the desk and tucks the writing utensil behind her ear. She focuses on completely restructuring the model, taking the blocks and resetting them in a more lengthwise way.
stitch it together kid, i know you know better
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Gideon
Try and fill us with your hate
and we will shine a light

Gideon was not close to many people. He was friendly with hundreds, casually acquainted with thousands, but there were very few he would say really knew him. When he'd met Seraphina, he had not expected to get close to the young girl, yet here he was, almost a surrogate father by now: giving advice, encouraging her work, listening to her secrets.

Knowing that she had a tendency to forget to eat, he'd made her up a lunch with his own. Only something simple, crackers and cheese with a few onions, but enough to keep her going and to satisfy his worrying about her. With some for himself packed too, he knocked on her door just as she grumbled about her work, stepping in.

"I see you've actually remembered you need something on your stomach today, but you could always do with a little more." Gideon said with a smile, going to set the plate down on her desk and then leaning to look at what she was doing: while Seraphina was much younger and experienced than he was, she had skills he could not imagine. Gideon had always been a man of charm and philosophy, not numbers and practicality. "What is this going to be?"

And the days will become endless
never, and never turn to night
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

The door opens and her attention flickers from the blueprints and the block in her hand – setting it atop another before she’s flashing a wide grin of greeting to Gideon. “You’ve harped on me enough about it so I’ve been trying.” She offers softly, a playful roll of her eyes like an indignant teenager, before she’s slipping over to the food and peering at it. It’s certainly far more appetizing than an apple, and she sits at the desk to shove over the blueprints to start to dive into the lunch.

Maybe an expansion.” She comments easily, between a bite and the next. “I wanted to try some fancy arches, but I think the doors are too big to get it to work without a lot of additional work. Perhaps arched windows instead.” She shrugs lightly, before pulling up a chair to her desk for him to sit with her. After being much of another father figure for her - not saying her true blood-related father wasn't good enough - there was just something easy when it came to Gideon, an extra sort of judgment she doesn't have to deal with that endears him to her all the more.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon

"If I don't make sure you eat, I don't think you'd be here by next week." Gideon chastised fondly, going to sit next to her and starting on his own lunch. "And who will be our wonderful innovator then?" He actually greatly admired his skills (as he did the skills of all the Order members; there were many people deeply talented within their ranks), but it was easy to slip into teasing her. Gideon had never had children of his own, but he had always thought he would have liked to have been a 'fun' dad (that is, unless his children did something he didn't approve of. Then it wouldn't be fun at all).

An expansion; it struck Gideon as quite the ambitious project. "Wow. Who is this expansion meant to benefit? You must have an idea what you want the space to be used for. Something that grand sounds like a prayer space, but I assure you my Cathedral is big enough." In fact, he often found that he struggled to fill all the space he had in the halls.

Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

Ack.” She replies, waving a hand in the air toward him before flashing him an easy grin in between bites. “How else do I manage this wonderful figure? I call it the workaholic diet.” She chimes, snickering to herself before diving into the food again. He inspects the blueprints and she lets him, her honeyed gaze flickering over it when he takes a seat to join her with lunch.

As for who it’s to benefit? She ponders that too, head tilting this way and that before she speaks. “Oh Giddy, if I wanted to expand the cathedral I’d speak to you before going through all this trouble.” She says, sliding the blueprints closer to her so she can peek at the dynamics. “This is just a base for expanding off of offices and workshops more so. Just… Trying to get an idea of how it might work.” And adding her own flares to them of course – ergo, the arches.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

"It won't be so wonderful when you're all bones." Gideon commented back teasingly. Pleased to see her digging into her meal he ate his own, content with a dadly job well done. Once he would have been horrified to know he'd be playing the role of fatherly mentor to some in the Order, but since naturally falling into it he'd found that the affection he had for his 'children' far outweighed the terror of age.

He laughed at her nickname for him, leaning in to look closer at her work. "While I'd love to see you try, I think the chance of my beautiful temple falling down on my head is going to stop me from asking." Gideon, of course, had every faith in her skills, but adding a new wing to an ancient and grand building like the Trinity Temple had to be difficult even for the most seasoned architect.

"Offices and workshops? Seems very grand for that purpose." He commented, pointing at the arched windows, but that didn't mean he didn't like it. "Those in the Order with an inflated ego would like it, I'm sure." Gideon didn't name names, but he was confident Seraphina could assume who he meant. "Unless it is for yourself, in which case, pretend I didn't say a word." He winked.

Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

She clucks her tongue to him as he chides her, but there’s a smile that lingers on her face regardless. She digs into her meal until there’s hardly anything left, pushing the plate forward and sitting back in her chair so she might get a better view of the blueprints, her attention flickering toward the way the blueprints construct it.

Sera watches as he leans in to inspect it, a brilliant laugh leaving her lips. “Well then it sounds like you might need some reinforcements.” A brow raises toward him, a hand taken off the blueprints to gesture to herself as if to say she could do exactly that.

As for what she intends it to be, she watches the way he points to the arched windows. “I’m hurt, Giddy.” She hums, feigning dramatics with a heart on her chest. But she recovers quickly, no offense taken, leaning over toward him as if she might tell him a secret. “Arched windows are my favorites.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

Happy to see Seraphina eating the most of her dinner, Gideon nodded like a proud father and collected the plate to put it away with his. He'd be there the day after, the one after that and hundreds more to make sure she was looked after, he was sure.

"I have faith that the Gods won't kill me in such a boring, gory way." He said easily with a laugh, not quite seeing himself as fittingly ended by a brick to the head (and hopefully, Mort agreed with that).

Knowing Sera well enough to be aware of when she was really hurt, he laughed, rolling his eyes. "I know. There's about fifty here." He ran a finger around the inside of one of the modelled windows then looked up at her with a lopsided grin. "Luckily for you, they're my favourites too. Especially with stained glass." The glass in the temple, coloured and light-transforming as it was, often seduced him into spending hours simply looking at it.

There was more to discuss than just lunch and windows, though. Drumming his fingers on the table, Gideon leaned back in his chair, wondering how to start. "How are you feeling, Sera? About this illness? At least none of our own are succumbing to it...except for Finn, but it sounds like it might well have been due to his own error."

Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

And how do you suppose they will kill you?” She asks instead, flashing him a pretty and innocent smile as if that’s all she wants to know. But she still snickers lightly at the idea of it, deciding in the end that it’s definitely not Gideon’s style to go out that way. And by then she’s feigning her hurt, dramatics over the top as she watches him roll his eyes and laugh – painting on a face of surprise that bleeds into something warm.

As for stained glass? “Mmm it is lovely with the stained glass.” She comments, considering it and how she might be able to get away with adding a sprinkling of it for some of the windows here and there. If she zones out for a few moments, she doesn’t notice – not until he’s speaking again and her gaze snaps back to him as she mulls over the question.

I’d rather keep a healthy distance away from it.” She says, pushing her chair back and moving to stand, stepping around the table to the model of her blueprints, fixing a block here and there. “It sounds terrible and difficult to deal with, especially without a cure. Why do you ask?” Her gaze lifts expectantly toward him with that.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

Gideon put a finger to his chin, humming as he pretend to deeply consider the question, though really he had an answer already, had had one for years now. "I would like to die peaceful, old and knowing I'd done my best work. Maybe they'll give me that." His genuine smile began to turn into more of an amused smirk and he added: "But they may well decide I ought to go out in a blaze of glory and have me ripped apart by Landsharks at the last moment. Who knows." That was, after all, the power and choice of the Gods; total control over mortal life.

While Sera drifted away into her mind considering stained glass, Gideon looked over her creation then back to her, reflecting on how moments like this were what reminded him why he was fighting the war they were. Ascended, the 'New Gods', would take all of this. The family, love, the simple joy of eating a meal together, and do away with it in the name of efficiency.

He stayed sat as she stood, lacing his fingers together as he drew his attention back to listen. "I think it's going to be one of the most important parts of this path we're on. The beginning of something...I don't think it's a coincidence that as we've begun to spread out more with our mission, an illness that affects Ascended has come. It feels as if pieces are moving into place...don't you think so?"

Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

Maybe.” She chimes with a laugh, a s hake of her head. “A blaze of glory against… Landsharks, hm? Even that seems disappointing to some extent for someone like you.” A brow raises, casting an innocent glance his way despite the laughter that trickles from her.

But she’s focusing on the blueprints now, the idea of stained glass, wondering if perhaps that might be a fun little addition to add to the special expansions – a signature of sorts, to make them feel closer to the gods as well as themselves, or if it would be a bit too much. And she moves around her blueprint, casting her thoughts out to him, gaze lifting from her blueprints to hear his take.

And when he begins, her attention flickers back to her model, always able to listen better while she had something to do with her hands. “Like another war?” She muses aloud, flashing him a knowing grin. “I suppose I should get started on defense designs again instead of the comfort of additions.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon

"Then let me dream bigger. Maybe with my hand clutching a sword in the chest of the Voice herself." Gideon splayed out his hands to emphasise the drama of this imaginary scene, though couldn't keep it up long without laughing: they all knew he was a man of words and passion but not adventure and fighting. He was quite content to leave the hero things to the younger and more suited members of the Order.

It was nice to see her work, see how involved she was in what she was doing; Gideon felt the fond pride of a father when he saw her look over her model, wondered what she could see in her mind when she looked upon it. He had no doubt that one day she'd be making buildings grand enough to rival any in the Citadel, that the Gods would help her build as they had the people of the past. "You are very talented, Sera. I cannot wait to see this expansion. As always, I will come to bless it when it is done."

The easy way she asked if he meant another war made him huff air out of his cheeks; ah, the confidence of youth. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but preparing might be a good plan all the same. We should try to avoid war if we can. It won't just be Ascended that die in that conflict."

Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer

That’s far more like it.” She chimes to him, a wistful sigh leaving her before she’s snickering quietly to herself. She focuses on the blueprints and adjusting the blocks in her model while he continues, though, her amusement fading into something far more gentle and soft, something more genuine.

As for being talented? She gives him her most grateful smile, stopping her fiddling to focus on him. “Thank you Gideon.” She might be bold, up front, and not a shit taker, but she knows how to take a compliment and be humble about it. After all, they were all just doing gods work, were they not?

The smile shifts a bit as he mentions not quite needing a war, though Sera herself was geared more towards building and construction, she wasn’t much one for talking her way out of the face of it. But that’s why this was her job, after all. She chose to run with it for as long as she could, avoiding any of that. “As always I do appreciate your guidance and honesty, even if they’re a bit dark for my taste.” She teases him lightly but takes the warning for what it is.

Would you like to go on a walk with me?” She asks after a heartbeat of a second, arm out to rest in Gideon’s so they might spend the rest of the afternoon chatting and soaking up the sun.

— FIN <3