Training how many words are needed?
for Raza
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8 | 172cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 5 - Int:
DRAMYRTH - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
A short gallivant in Halo proved interesting, to say the least. But Halovians didn't take kindly to dragons, unlike Stormbreak where they were almost revered - apparently the larger cousins of Dramyrth had been cause of various deaths over the years, including one quite recently. Amaris left before she caused too much of a stir - before she drew too much attention to herself. They had all been given instructions to keep a low profile, and she fully intended on following said instructions.

Dramyrth wasn't quite so convinced, and rather liked the attention his very presence earned in Halo - even if it was negative attention, attention was attention to the proud beastling.

"Shoo," the Blade said to her bondmate as the compass' trick resolved, delivering them into the heart of Torchline. The dragonling took to the skies immediately, crooning happily in the heat. Amaris herself was dressed in not much more than a singlet and light legging-like pants, her tattoo visible peeking out across her shoulder blades. A brief stop back in Stormbreak had allowed her to select new attire before venturing to her next stop.

She was here for more than work. For more than exploring, than learning… But it would seem the person she was looking for wasn't to be found here. Another Chandrakant, she mused to herself, and to Dramyrth, who shared his bondmate's fascination.

The Blade lingered curiously outside the boxing ring, not quite taking the plunge to step within - she had ascertained already that the one she was seeking was not here, not in Torchline right now, why should she continue to linger?
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
Raza
I ain’t one to pry, (lies, Raz, you totally are) but it isn’t every day that there’s a hot lady with a dragon hangin’ around the Slagveld. And I aint one to claim that I know everyone in Haulani, but I’d bet Hoa that I’ve never seen this person before. She don’t come up in my memory, an’ I got a knack fer rememberin’ faces. An’ dragons. There definitely ain’t a gold dragon in Haulani.

Drawn first to it, then the woman, I let myself appreciate her with a bold hunger born of too many dry seasons, of jealousy at the pairings around me and the distraction that is the Hanged Man. Gods, if I don’t care who or what she is, I’d be perfectly alright with a mystery woman right now. I’d been bound for the boxing ring anyway an’ look like it, wearing enough to be decent yet as little as possible. The sun may be going down but the heat lingers, never quite dissipating until Leafchange an’ Haulani seems to collect it, even with the Arclight breeze.

Making as if to enter the ring, I pause at the door with a half smile, the kind perfected by a bartender that’s open to conversation, pleasant, and yet not too invasive. “Ain’t seen you here before.”

Yes, it’s that obvious. At least to me.
reppin' a district of obvious misfits
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8 | 172cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Never been here before," the girl with a dragon tattoo peeking out from the edges of her singlet replied, brow quirked upwards at the other woman who'd arrived. Dramyrth had alerted her to the approach of another, a mental nudge over the bond, and a colourful trill of sound above as well.

Perhaps she shouldn't have admitted she was new to the area, but then she would never fool a Natural of the region anyway.

With a gaze that seemed to weigh the other woman for all she was worth in a single sweep of golden pools, she let a smile tug at the corner of her lips. Heat and circumstance had both girls clad in light, form-fitting clothes, easy to move in and revealing enough to illuminate that they were similarly built, if the other being taller than her by a couple of inches.

"I'm Amaris," the Blade offered, deciding this was an opportunity to learn something, perhaps in a different way to what she had originally intended when she set her compass to Torchline. "Are you in need of a sparring partner?"
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Raza
The trill from the dragon draws my attention an’ now that I’m closer, I can openly admire the gold creature. The same kind’a beauty I find in Hoa can easily be found in this companion, though it’s the more flashy sort - similar to me ‘n her, I suppose. I ain’t hot or conventional, I’m the type’a lady that radiates that ‘could punch you or fuck you’ energy, an… yeah, I know it. This stranger, on the other hand - she’d cause a bit of a stir at my bar. “Your companion is gorgeous,” I say first.

“But I suspect they - and you - already know that.” Chuckling to myself, I offer a hand for a handshake. “I’m Raza. Where you from, then?” Without waitin’ for an answer, I duck into the Slagveld, findin’ a bench on the side an’ droppin’ my small bag on the floor. Takin’ a seat, I look ‘er up an’ down again. Even if she hadn't looked like she might know what she's doin', I wouldn'a said no to gettin a litle sweaty with 'er. So a spar it is.

“Always. Lack’a lady trainers here. I ain’t that good yet, but I can hold my own. What’s yer poison?” Offerin’ Amaris a crooked grin, I give the newcomer a chance to show off with her choice’a weapon - or lack thereof.
Amaris Chandrakant
The Blade

Change author:
Well, the woman certainly knew how to make a dragon croon. Dramyrth promptly landed upon his bondmate's shoulder, leaning over towards the other woman as Amaris reached out to return the handshake. The dragon was curious, perplexed and desperately wanting Raza to compliment him more. "A place called Stormbreak." Amaris supplied as she stepped in behind the woman, staying light on the details.

Within moments she had surveyed the place, and considered Raza's question with a smirk tugging on her lips. There was much in this world that stirred anxieties in the girl, but physical training and exercise was not one of them. That stirred nothing bit excitement.

"I'm familiar with hand-to-hand combat," in truth, she was familiar with many kind of combat, though it was best to keep that fact to herself. "Though I've never used gloves like that before." A set of old punching mitts caught her attention, as Dramyrth took flight to perch on rafters above, exploring the place on his own terms. "Do people really wear these? Are they afraid of actually hitting one another?"
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
Raza
Stormbreak. The very name implies that it’s on the ocean. The name is unknown. Even my little birds haven’t heard of Stormbreak, and they hear a lot of chatter.

I try to keep my intrigue to myself, even though all I want to do is drop everythin’ and ask her a hundred questions. That’s not the way things are done. So maybe I should just… play dumb? “Oh, is that an Outlander place?” Flashing her a quick smile, I try to convey that I’m not nearly as biased against Outlanders as I actually am. As far as Amaris is concerned, I’m just makin’ small talk.

Glancin’ at the pair’a gloves hangin’ on the wall, I shake my head in agreement. “Me neither. All I’ve ever done is regular old bar-fightin’ hand-to-hand. That’s Sunjata’s speciality, the gloves.” Which is to say that I do the down n’ dirty kind’a fightin’, the gutter rat moves, the kind’a things that will end a fight or see ya missin’ a piece’a yourself. Not the fancy self defense an’ trained fightin’.

“Mostly I’ve just seen men wearin’ ‘em.” A shrug, cause I never really thought about it before. Maybe it’s a guy thing. Maybe we’re tougher, cause we’re women.