fire & kerosene
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i feel smal, but so are stars from a distance
"I hate this already." You mutter under your breath, not one for faking strength or endurance just so that you can come across as tough. You've basically no muscle and you certainly aren't cut out for this sort of trek. You're a doctor, used to working 20 hours a day and having a glass of wine before bed. "Have you ever seen so much snow?" It's more or less rhetorical, though you glance over your shoulder at Seraphina just the same. It simply doesn't snow this much in Stormbreak, much less accumulate like this.  

Tugging your thick jacket around you, a hood with a thick fringe of Ursur fur around the outside, you frown hard around the pale expanses. "Thanks for coming. I know I've said that already but...I absolutely wouldn't be able to do this on my own." You and Sera (does she go by Sera? Can you call her that?) aren't terribly close. You've fixed her up when she's burned or otherwise hurt herself during various construction projects, and she helped with the expansion of the clinic. Otherwise, your work schedules (read: you being a workaholic) has kept you as acquaintances at best. But she seems nice enough, attractive (you've noticed, but who has the time for sure things), and best of all, she's loads more capable in this sort of environment than you.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// heart strung, young and dumb, yeah we had no fear
way back when we said we'd both be millionaires //
It’s cold. And Sera tightens the jacket around her shoulders, nodding along with October as her breath clouds the air before them. Her lip feathers a bit at the question of snow, a shake of her head, hidden under a hood of furs and she wonders if perhaps there’s anything that would take the bite of the cold away. Already her nose is red. “I feel like it’s extra cold snow here.” Comes her whine of agreement of sorts. “It’s supposed to be Longheat.” Stamping her feet a bit in the snow, she sighs perhaps a touch dramatically.

But her eyes drift back to October with the thanks, easily replacing her pout with a flash of a grin. “I’m glad you didn’t go alone. What if you froze out here all by your lonesome and the passersby just thought you were a fancy snowwoman.” A gloved hand waves, before she begins to walk along the makeshift path, weather-worn and windswept.

That and if I spend another day staring at those blueprints I might actually lose my mind. And I’d have to come see you anyway.” Tipping a wink October’s way, she shoves her hands into the big fluffy sleeves and turns her honeyed gaze on the path ahead.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Gods, can you imagine if this is warm for them?" You ask, offering your travelling partner a crooked smile before puffing out a burst of air which immediately freezes and drifts away; emphasizing your point that this is not warm.

Tilting your head back to laugh at this (before immediately regretting it as cold air floors down your neck), you turn two rosy-cheeks towards Sera and grin. "I wonder if that actually happens, or if the ursurs get them first. Or cannibals? Ugh. And all of this just to try and find some mage glass." This you say with a cheery amount of snark. Halo was the perfect place for abandoned who wanted to make themselves more powerful, and ascended who couldn't feel the cold. In short, all the sorts of people you dislike.

"Not me. I just do the body-bits." You remind her with a wink. "You'd be off to see Falke, staring at ink stains, talking about your childhood, doing breathing exercises." You don't mean to malign your colleague—Falke is the best of the best—but out here, bitching almost feels as though it'll keep you warm.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
A shiver visibly runs down her spine as Tobi asks if it’s warm for them, refusing to acknowledge it. After all, Sera has far too many clothes specifically for Longheat, she’d never wish to live somewhere she couldn’t at least show off her party dresses. But they continue to walk, and she spies the rosy grin and keeps it on her own, even if the cold bites at her teeth, reddens her nose and has her snuggling down a bit more into the scarf around her neck. “Gross.” She quips quickly. “Imagine trying to take apart a snowman and finding a person inside.” She shudders. “Or to be used as a frozen club for a Frost Giant? No thank you.” Certainly wasn’t something she wanted to ever come close to experiencing.

Still, she can’t help the feather of her lip at the mention of mage glass – wanting nothing more than to roll her eyes in response. It seemed a bit much, but for a group of people that already had a lot within them in terms of magic, she certainly doesn’t think they need more.

Body bits, huh?” She probes with an amused huff, breath clouding and freezing  in front of her, but she hopes the waggle of her eyebrows are seen briefly before it disappears. “Ahh, Falke. I can see it now. ‘You see a cat in this blob of ink because you’re ‘independent’. Also, ‘you probably work too much that’s why you can’t see straight’.” She chimes, though she’d only met Falke a few times, Sera was certainly a gossiper.

Some things you just couldn’t help.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You pull a face, both cringing and laughing at the same time as you imagine a Frost Giant wielding the two of you like sticks. You should be more worried and horrified than you are, given that from everything you've heard and read about, it's a real possibility. But the nice thing about this time of year is that with the sun never quite going down, there was no darkness anywhere. The flat tundra would give the two of you ample warning to run, or hide or...otherwise prepare for your deaths.

"Minds are way too complicated. Bodies? Not so much." Well, they could be of course, but at least you understood them in a way you'll never quite understand the brain. "Mmhmm. Oh, the curtains were blue in your dream? That means you have unsatisfied needs." You add, massaging the scarf around your throat so that it covers your chin again. "He does work wonders though. Don't ask me how, but the man knows what he's about."

Reaching into your pocket with your thick mittens, you pull out a flask. It's a bit of a chore to get the small lid off, but you manage eventually. Holding it out to Sera, you flash her a roguish smile. "Doctor's orders."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
A shrug is offered at Tobi’s words, a quiet agreement that she imagines it’s much like the architecture she works with. The main hubs of things, the ‘brains’ so to speak, were always far more complicated than the ‘limbs’ or ‘bones’ of the entirety. “It might be bold of me to think so, but I like to think I’m doing just fine.” She chimes with a bubbly grin, hidden by the scarf that grows higher and higher around her face, reaching up with a gloved hand to pull the hood down a bit more to cover her forehead and ears.

But then there’s a flask, and she pops out of her little warmth within like a child just given a gift. “Oh I like you.” She grins, taking the flask and sipping from it before handing it back. “We should get together more often if those are the kinds of orders you’re giving out.” She hums thoughtfully, continuing on the trek and letting the warmth of the drink warm her from within the bundles of furs and clothing.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Your secret is safe with me." You chuckle back. "If he ever asks, I'll say all your dreams had curtains of the right colour for someone young, driven, and on top of her needs. How's that?"

Laughing brightly, you happily accept the flask back, taking a long drink of it. It isn't the red wine you normally drink, but something decidedly stronger and warmer. Something that burns soothingly as it goes down and then expands into your belly and all the way down to your toes. "Mmmmm." You hum appreciatively, before flashing Sera a whiskey-warmed smile. "Given our work schedules, either you need to build me a new office, or break a few bones." It's the reason why you're single after all; you work and you sleep when you can. In any spare moment in between, you play piano. It's a simple and boring life, but you find it satisfying.

Who knows if one of Falke's tests would show something different.

"It's so weird to think that once we get there it'll be unbearably warm." You feel like you can't even remember what it's like to be warm right now, even if this is Halo's equivalent of summer.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Sounds perfect.” She chimes, stuffing her hands back into her sleeves, wrapping them around the sweater she wears beneath all the furs. Her steps continue to drive them forward, and she dances her attention from the path they take to the doctor at her side, amusement lingering within her at the subject and the smile. “That can be arranged.” She offers, giving a thoughtful look before she’s nuzzling her head into the scarf again. It’s unclear which she means, whether broken bones or a new building, but either way she imagines something would happen.

There’s a quiet whistle that slips from her at the subject, eyes crinkling with the hidden grin. “I already can’t wait to get out of these thousands of furs.” She snorts, shaking her head. She squints against the light of the sun reflecting off the pale snow before she’s leaning over toward Tobi to bump her elbow into the other woman’s. “Possible hypothermia to heatstroke?” She asks, brows raising suddenly with the thought, an inhale of breath that has her almost choking on the cold within it. “Suddenly I’m quite glad I brought a doctor.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Warmed by the shot of whiskey, you laugh at a time you should probably be giving Sera a questionable look. After what has just happened with Finn, that anyone would hurt themselves in order to see you should make your stomach turn. But here in the ice and the cold, your insides are either hot from the whiskey, or numbed by Halo. "Maybe a secret room, off the side of my office. I sleep there enough, it might be useful." Young and healthy as you are, your back isn't going to appreciate sleeping slumped over at a desk forever. "With another secret exit, in case I need to quickly get a patient out in the middle of the night. Someone whose only crime is fighting for the woman he loves..!" Your voice has gotten dramatic and dreamy as if you're reading off the description of a play or a book. "What do you think. You in?"

For just some bullshit small talk, you actually think this is a fantastic idea.

Glancing at Sera, you beam. "And here I thought that I brought you." You chime brightly.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Already she can imagine the ways they could make it work, an easy grin creeping along her features. “Sounds dreamy.” She hums, before she’s playfully twirling in the snow before pinning her stare on Tobi with an even brighter grin. “The room sounds quite scandalous though if you ask me, Doctor Hart.” She chimes again with a quiet huff of a laugh. “But who am I to judge? I can get started when we’re back.” Much like Tobi, Sera was certainly one that had little time of her own as well.

I suppose it’s a happy coincidence then..?” The warmth within her belly extends out through her extremities, a warmth that is only added to by the furs they wear. And before she knows it, she wonders if the multi layers of clothes she wears will still let a bit of sweat freeze to her skin.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You watch the ease with which Seraphina enjoys herself, even out here in the cold and the vast whiteness of Halo. Sure you might have been the one to bring along the bottle of whiskey to keep you warm, but you've never much been the playful sort. Your bedside manner is always chipper and cheerful, but if you've got a shell to break out of, you don't even know where to begin.

"Scandalous?" You parrot, your smile warm and wide, all feigned naivety. You aren't sure whether or not she means that the room might be used for other activities, or whether spiriting-away patients in and of itself is the scandal, but it makes you laugh just the same. "I have absolutely no idea what you mean."
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Tobi’s parroting of what Sera says keeps the grin on her face, regardless how hidden it is. She might not seem like the type, and perhaps Sera’s a bit more bold for suggesting it, but the Artificer is certainly one to enjoy the stress relief that came with a quick romp here and there. But all she can do is feign innocence, hiding her grin with her scarf as the alcohol warms her up. “I think you have an idea.” She winks, but she certainly makes room for it regardless.

She says she has no idea and Sera leans in a bit closer, as if she’s whispering a big secret. “A room big enough for two, when you need some stress relief and can’t get out of the office long enough.” Honeyed eyes flash with a bit of wicked amusement, certainly no judgement from a girl that sought out the same on occasion.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Well, if we're both thinking the same thing, I hardly need a secret room for it." You say with a cheshire grin. You've sampled many different types of physical packaging, finding that none win you over more than any other. Some have accused you of being demisexual, or even a-sexual, what with the complete lack of effort you put into your appearance and all the baggy scrubs. But that isn't the case. You're just busy.

And your own ability at self-gratification hasn't failed you yet.

"All I need is the time. This room of yours...it couldn't stop time, could it?" If anyone was capable of something like that, it would be the Artificer. Go quest for it Tobi. Bring Sera along. What a great thing for the two of you to do! You might say. But there happens to be an infection spreading rapidly through the world that you'd like to prevent, bumping down your ability to even think of a time-stoping-secret-sex-room.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Unless of course, Tobi did need a secret room. A room where she could get away from it rather than have to deal with the trek home, a room without getting anyone else involved. But Sera was typically a bit more bold of a woman when it came to it, never shying away from this sort of topic of conversation. So all she can do is flash an easy smile, an innocently playful roll of her shoulders.

The question of time, however, has her brows furrowing, calculating it as she tries to figure it out. “Hmm… Not on my own, no. But it certainly sounds like something Frey might be willing to help with.” A gloved hand lifts to tap at her cheek, considering the options spread out. “I could make the room and perhaps if we go visit them they might be willing to help make it just what you need.” She offers thoughtfully, leaning over toward Tobi again and nudging her with a bundled up elbow.

Doctor’s orders, hm?
Seraphina