heat seeker
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
// last night you came to my house with drunk eyes
we didn't think too much this time, we danced like we were the same //
It was so stark of a difference, a shift so huge that Sera can feel her body almost twitch with the sensations. It’s so much warmer than Halo, and already as they slip through the Climb with a mission toward Frey’s Breath, Sera can’t help but to start peeling the layers off. It starts with her hat, then her scarf, the multitude of jackets and sweaters she wears, until she remains in nothing more than a sleeveless sweater, silently cursing herself about the wool socks she decided to wear, thinking it was a good idea.

But she fiddles with all the clothing, trying to form them into a makeshift bag where she might use the sleeves of her sweaters as an over the shoulder strap, if only so she doesn’t have to worry about the clothes getting too close to lava or stolen away by the various small creatures here. She sticks close to Tobi, no longer touching because gods it’s hot, and she takes a little leather strap to tie up her dark hair with into quite a practiced and messy bun.

Should be over here, right?” She aims her direction to where she imagines Frey’s Breath to be and finding an outcrop of another cave system, flashing an easy and pretty smile Tobi’s way and hoping she’s chosen right. “What would you like me to do?” Now that she’s not drowning in layers upon layers of clothing and her bronze hued skin of her torso is almost on full display.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
You too are shedding as you go. Your scarf, hat, mittens are first to be shoved into the bag you wear, followed by the pants you've worn over a pair of leggings. Dressed now in just those and the sorts of elastic-y t-shirts you were under your scrubs, you follow Sera's lead in tying your hair up. Already sweat has started to bead around the base of your neck, and every so often you can feel a drip run down your spine.

"That's what the reports say." You agree, thinking about pulling out the map you brought with you but deciding against it. There's really only one way in and out that you can see at this point, and if this isn't it, you don't want to traipse all the way across this lava-filled mantle. "Make sure we don't die? Is that too much to ask?" You quip back with a bright smile of your own.

Nudging her shoulder (it being far too hot for anything more), you make your way down into the system of caves. It's significantly cooler here, though..much darker. And you haven't thought to bring a torch. "You...didn't think to bring something we could use to light our way, did you?" You ask with a laugh that's half embarrassed, and half hopeful.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sweat already beads up on Sera’s skin as well, silently cursing herself for not wearing a different pair of pants beneath the ones made for Halo. But she’ll have to deal, especially while they continue to walk, while Sera wonders whether or not it would be too brazen to strip down into nearly nothing. The splashing of lava sends that thought scurrying back, however, not wanting to get that anywhere near certain sensitive places.

I can do that.” She chimes, flashing Tobi a grin that suggests she absolutely could, even if all she had was her quick thinking to try and ensure it was true. But the caves are dark and she's realized she hasn’t brought anything as well to be prepared, but this is where her mind comes in. “Ah, I have an idea, don’t go anywhere.” She chimes, a wide grin sent Tobi’s way, before she’s reaching up to grab a root from the outside of the cave entrance, wrapping a few more around it to ensure its sturdiness, and she opens her little makeshift pack for the scarf she’d had wrapped around her neck to tie it to the end like a club.

And once that’s made, she finds a little smoking pit of heat, a small yellow glow, and dips the edge of the handmade torch into it until the scarf lights up. She quickly makes her way back to Tobi, an almost overconfident grin crossing her face. “At least it wasn’t my favorite scarf.” And at least now, the light would illuminate the inside of the cave system.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Where would I go?" You call after her with a laugh. Wrapping your fingers around your arms, you look at the walls and pull a face as you lean in to inspect them. You've really no experience with lava, and so the formation of these tunnels is unlike anything you've ever encountered before. While you're waiting for Sera you realize that you can be doing useful things as well; reaching into your bag you pull out a few vials and begin to scrape some samples from the wall into them. What, if anything, these will be used for you haven't any idea. All you know is that you aren't keen to make this trek again, no matter how pleasant the company.

Glancing over your shoulder as Sera's arrival is heralded by a bright plume of light, you grin crookedly. "You look better without it." You say with a half-wink, placing your samples into your bag and straightening up.

"Apparently these hot springs are...blessed by Frey. They've healing properties, which, until now, I didn't really think anything of. But if this sickness originated here, maybe these waters can help combat it?" It's a shot in the dark, but with Sera providing you with light, you actually think it might stand a chance.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
I’ll remember that when my face is red and covered in snot when we’re leaving.” She quips back, flashing her own wink, before humming the rest of her amusement to herself. But there’s light now, and if nothing else it should prove to be a good weapon should anything be waiting on the other side. She’d be lying if she didn’t harbor a bit of anxiety about it, and so she focuses on Tobi’s words instead.

She mulls it over, blowing a puff of air out of her mouth that’s filled her cheeks as she bobs her head in agreement. “It would make sense…” She considers, head tilting slightly while the steam grows far more intense the further they go. It beads upon her skin, until the shirt she wears clings to her skin. “If it does work… Do you think it would be worth trying to recreate it without having to come here all the time?” She contemplates. “Or, if it’s blessed by Frey, perhaps we could ask for their help?
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"And I will be right next to you, to remind you." You chuckle back. Luckily though, the pair of you can just compass-your way home. This is something you perhaps should have mentioned to the guards on the way in, but given that they don't know who you are, they probably won't come looking for the two girls who went into the Climb and then never came out again.

You glance over at Sera and you'd be lying if you said you'd didn't notice the way her sweat-heavy shirt was revealing just how small her waist was, leading down toward slender hips and athletic legs. You're a doctor. You notice anatomy. So what? but anatomy cares little for the shine of her hair, or how she can look both youthful but mature at the same time. Which, you've definitely not noticed.

"It would, yes. That's why I want to study it to see if ... it's just purely blessed by Frey, or if there is something here that they've done which is causing it." You shrug your shoulders, wanting to keep yourself well within the light cast by Sera. "We could try...have you ever channelled them before?" You ask, head tilted slightly over your shoulder toward your counterpart.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
There’s a task at hand, but it doesn’t stop Sera from appreciating the company — both in conversation and the view, the way the leggings stick to Tobi’s curves, the way the firelight of the torch seems to reflect the sweat off of both their skin. And she forces her attention ahead, even if she notices her mouth’s gone a bit dry.

The sound of Tobi’s voice proves to be a distraction and also, not one, unsure of what would happen should they encounter Frey if already the Artificer was appreciating Tobi in this manner. So she tries to snuff it down, sweat beading along her collarbones and dripping along her skin. “I haven’t. But, how hard could it be?” She asks, flashing a small amused grin Tobi’s way, adjusting the Torch a bit to try and ward away even more heat.

We could take some samples and I could try?” She raises a brow with that suggestion, glancing back to Tobi as if to say ‘what would be the harm in it’. Either it worked or it didn’t.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"I think calling them down isn't the hard part. It's getting what you want out of it." You chirp back with a wry smile. Whereas Ludo and Safrin seemed amenable to making certain allowances for followers they deemed worthy, Frey, in both of their iterations, seemed absolutely immutable. Helps us heal our friends, you might say, only to have Frey wonder why they'd want such a thing. Everyone dies. Everything gets sick. Such is life. "I've only ever met them a handful of times." You add with a soft shrug. "And its always been...interesting." You add with a slight flush.

Bobbing your head at Sera's suggestion, you continue on as you have been, all easy small talk and firelit strides until the pathway opens up to reveal the hot springs within. Instantly it feels as though you've walked into a sauna. The heat and the steam is unmistakable. Staggering, even. Inhaling sharply, you brace your hand against one of the walls as you look around in clear surprise.

"Perhaps we should have gotten our bathing suits first, after all." You say with a breathless sort of chuckle, not at all having expected to see the lavish pools of warm water stretched out before you.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
There’s a surprised bit of laughter, an understanding at her own misunderstanding. “That is a good point.” But then a part of her wonders, if it was an all encompassing sickness, a plague of sorts, would the bodies that died from it destroy more? Spread it more? Until everyone and everything was tainted and tarnished? “I’m sure it’s been exciting regardless.” She offers, her own idea of it in response to the interesting she receives. All she can do is mull it over, suck on her teeth, and follow Tobi as the cave system opens up.

And it’s jarring, a stumble of her steps has her braces against the lava rock wall, torch remaining but the moisture in the air beginning to pick away at it. And so she sets it down on the ground, away from anything that might catch flame. She looks back to Tobi, flushed and soaking, a hum of a laugh slipping from her lips as she looks around a touch mischievously.

Such a shame we didn’t.” This was a hot springs after all, and as far as Sera can see she can’t spy any pools of lava they could accidentally get too close to. Just beautiful, warm, bubbling water. “It’s not like anyone’s around to judge if we take a few more layers off, huh?” And so saying, she sets her makeshift pack down, unable to stand the sweltering heat anymore, and peels her boots off her feet, getting rid of the wool socks she’s wearing within them. And next come the pants, the thick double layered lining that was a terrible mistake for going from somewhere unbearably cold and somewhere unbearably hot. Lastly, the drenched shirt, added to the pile of her things and leaving her in nothing more than underthings as she steps toward the edge of the springs.

Glancing over her shoulder toward Tobi, sharp inhaled of too thick air with humidity, she flashes an easy grin. “Let’s take a few from these pools, and I can call for them.” She offers, leaving room for debate should Tobi decide against it. But the hot springs are slightly separated by the lava rock formations, and Sera wonders if the water might be different in each separate section.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You're about to say that no, you're the only ones here, but follow it up with but other expeditions are likely coming, when Sera starts to remove the last lingering bits of clothing on her skin. As soon as she starts to wriggle out of her pants you can feel the breath catch in your throat as you bite down in the inside of your lip. Transfixed by her bronzey skin and exquisite curves, you remain where you are—a hand braced against the wall with sweat pouring down your face now—completely doe-eyed as she glances at you over her shoulder.

Gods, you're beautiful you think. What you say is "Uhuhmmmm," and awkwardly swallow. You said earlier you weren't as prudish as you're making yourself out to be, and so with a quite self-deprecating laugh, you peel yourself out of your clothes as well. Tall and willowy, you're graced with a naturally quick metabolism. It's the only reason that you're thin at all given your terrible eating habits and inclination towards ending every night with wine.

Grabbing a few vials and continuing to bite the inside of your cheek so as not to grin too stupidly, you pull in a deep breath of hot and wet air. "I know we should hurry but...gods this feels good." You say of the warmth here and the lack of clothing. Every muscle in your body suddenly feels loose and relaxed, as if you hadn't just trudged here across a frozen wasteland and through a lava tunnel.
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Sera doesn’t notice the way Tobi has stilled, too fixated on removing the layers that make it simply less suffocating to breathe, putting bronze skin and muscles on display. She’s shorter than October, but she makes up for lack in height with a rather robust figure, a small waist with a thin neck, back and thighs rippling with muscle of a woman that’s spent most of her life building and creating.

But she glances over her shoulder, flushed slightly with the heat and the thoughts she tries to banish, and unabashedly watches the doctor as she strips down her layers as well and joins her beside the pools. “Might as well enjoy it when you don’t get time off for vacationing!” She hums, nudging a sweat slicked shoulder into Tobi’s, but gently enough to not mess with the vials.

She feels loosened up, unsure of whether it’s the pools and their properties or the alcohol that’s burning off from their trek in. But either way, she can’t help the way her gaze flits over the willowy curves of Tobi, reaching for a vial and kneeling down beside the pool to scoop a bit of the water in. “Besides, I won’t tell if you pull the ‘doctors orders’ comment again.” There’s a laugh that accompanies it, sitting back on her heels once she’s trapped enough water into the one vial.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
You want to say something about how there are lives on the line, but the nudge of Sera's shoulder on yours makes the words flutter away. You are not selfish by nature. You're the antithesis of what selfishness is; always you give to others, before yourself. Oh but you're already here, and Finn...Finn is locked away in the cage of his own mind. Would just an extra hour or so be enough to change things, one way or the other?

"Relaxing is important.." You murmur, still slightly stunned by the way you want to just remain here rather than going home. Since collecting water isn't an overly complicated process, you move toward the next pool, letting Sera deal with filling the vials she's brought. "Oh, we'll need to label them." You say, hissing in a breath at yourself for having forgotten. Going back to your bag you pull out a label and a pen, which quickly you drip sweat on. Really sterile. Great job. You think to yourself, but there's no way you could have known it was going to be this hot in here.

"We'll just label them pools 1-through-5?" You suggest, then shoot your counterpart a grin. "Unless naming pools is your thing?"
October
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Exactly.” Sera agrees with a chime, scooping up the water and popping the cap on it so it wouldn’t spill out. She follows Tobi to the bag of supplies, keeping the vial as untainted as possible, which proves to be far more difficult than expected. “One through five works fine. I unfortunately have a building brain and not a poetic one.” A laugh slips from her with her small joke. “Let’s mark it on our map.” She offers, handing the vial to Tobi and reaching down for the map, grabbing another pen to swipe at the pools with quick and easy 1 through 5.

Then, peering back at the pools they’d taken it from, she glances down to the map. “That’s pool one.” Then, she points with a long, smooth arm to the one further to their right. “Pool two.” Her honeyed gaze flickers back to Tobi’s face, a wide playful grin spreading across it. “Maybe we should write out all the labels first and then go collect it. I think we might need to get in for the back section.” At least, she doesn’t particularly feel like climbing along the rock paths to get to those in the far back.
Seraphina
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Well we have that in common." You chuckle, glancing at Sera through the dark curtain of your bangs. There is something about the way that Sera just does the things she thinks she should that you find oddly appealing. Given your rank at the clinic most of your nurses are constantly waiting for your approval before taking action (at least when it comes to anything over and above their mundane and normal duties). You nod approvingly as she marks the map, glancing over your shoulder to ensure that there is just 5 of them.

You think she's going to point them all out to you, all five as if you can't see them yourself and honestly? You'll let her. "But if we write the labels out and then get in the water, won't the labels get all wet?" You...absolutely didn't mean to emphasize wet quite like that, and you find yourself clearing your throat to hide your flush of embarrassment. "Then again I don't think there's any chance of anything making its way out of here dry, so I suppose you're right."
October