no matter where I am, no matter what I do
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
i was standing on holy ground,
so heart don't fail me now
It’s not intentional, it really isn’t. Nate doesn’t really have the presence of mind for intentions, not right now, not when he’s driven solely by needs and wants and little else. But he zigs, once they come through the portal, once they step into Haulani, he zigs when Melita zags and suddenly he’s alone again. His feet want to take him to Aumakua, and he almost follows them, almost starts on the sunny, sandy path, when the distant haze of heat and the smell of smoke that still stubbornly clings to him reminds him there’s nothing left of his on those cliffs.

Oh. Not Aumakua then.

Where then? All of Torchline is home, in a sense, but there’s only one thing, only one person who makes him feel truly safe, truly secure. He has to find Sunjata. From thoughts of his fiancé, other things drift across Nate’s mind, not least of which is a new direction, a new path to follow. The Slagveld, the secret rooms above it.

Really, he’s not sure what point walk-in became running, but Nate knows the way to the boxing ring in his sleep, with his eyes closed. Especially when home is calling to him, so close now he can almost taste it. Crashing into the door before he can open it, Nate stumbles, all but falling inside once he figures out the trick of the knob. Sonskyn! Ek is tuis!
and even if the walls were falling down
it will always be us, this is holy ground
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
and I loved you so much it was making me sick
Vai has kept her promise, though its spread her thinner than the last dip of butter across her responsibilities to Torchline while the Taliesins are away. Still, she’s not left Sunjata since finding him in the hidden rooms at the Slagveld, and while the Arbiter can’t be said to be in a good way, she’s still ensured that he hasn’t run off again or hurt himself too badly. He even has something of a routine, if sleeping and being delirious and drinking small amounts of tea counts as one.

Then, as Vai is opening a window, in tumbles Nate. She hasn’t got a fucking clue what he’s just said, only that it’s definitely his voice, and she whips around to face the door with open surprise on her face. Surprise and delight, and she’s forgotten all about the he’s sick too part as she rushes forward to hug him. ”Gods damn it I thought you were dead,” she hisses. ”Where have you been?”
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
”Dead?” It’s so surprising, Nate can’t help but laugh, too loud and too long. Arms wrap around Vai while he continues, holding her close even though she is not who he wants in his arms.. ”I can’t die. Don’t you worry your little head.” A kiss is pressed to the top of said head, without thought or comment, Nate already moving right along to her question.

Where has he been? All he remembers now is an almost infinite expanse of white, an egg, and right at the end, a torch, leading him home. ”I was... in clouds. There was a nest, and... and a dragon! And... Melita.” With his arms still tightly wrapped around Vai, the Doctor turns, this way and that, searching for his niece. ”Where is she? Where... where’s Sunny?”
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
and I loved you so much it was making me sick
Vai has just realised she’s perhaps overstepped the mark a bit by flinging her arms around Nate, but before she can adjust herself he’s hugging her back, the witch raising a brow as she gazes up at him. His first words make it apparent that he’s still sick, but fuck it - he is alive, and that’s better than the alternative. ”I’ll worry all I like,” she says, grumbling a little and trying to stifle the smile as he kisses her curls.

”Melita?” She doesn’t bother with the clouds and the dragon and the egg - that could be true or it could be a delusion, and she doesn’t have the patience to figure out which. ”She isn’t here, Nate. Sunny is, though - come on. He’s been worried about you.” Stepping back from him doesn’t seem like an option, so she guides them at an awkward waddle to the bed where she’s tucked Sunjata in to keep him safe (and to stop him from escaping).

”Sunny? Wake up, you’ve got a present.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
i have done bad things, did them to good people // got no self control, it's the root of my evil
wage war in my head when i'm tryna keep it peaceful // a little feels good, a little more and it's lethal
Since Vai had arrived and found that he wasn’t dead, there wasn’t much else Sunjata could do. The days tended to blur, his mind creating delusion upon delusion, theories as to where Nate had gone, if even the visit from Melita was real or not. The only constant lately was Vai, sometimes as herself, sometimes as his mother — and the rest of the time? The fever dragged him under as Vai worked her best to keep him cool.

It’s one of those times where the fever’s gripped him, fast asleep as if when he wakes it might be better. It’s not, but there’s a silver line of hope that breaks through the murky black of the rest of it, that causes his body to partially shift time and time again. At this moment, his body’s trying to replace the warmth, long dark fur of his panther shift covering his chest and tattoos. And when he wakes, even with how gentle Vai is being, it startles him.

Fur shifts to scales again, but rather than the small shiny scales of his cobra shift, these are larger, armored pieces that fit together, edged with a surprising amount of ruggedness. Eyes are bleary, but steel gray with a slit pupil when he tries to figure out where he is. A present? Brows furrow and he’s moving to sit up, armored clawed hands gripping the bed as he does so, accidentally slicing through one of the sweat soaked blankets he lays upon.

He finally gets it into his mind to look beyond Vai, to ignore the pounding in his head. At first he thinks it’s a joke, until his vision doesn’t blur Nate out of sight. “Skatjie?!” A strangled sound slips from his throat at the realization, body moving on its own accord to try and latch onto Nate and pull him in.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
As soon as the witch say's she'll take him to Sunjata, Nate brightens, perking up and forgetting what he'd been through, the way he'd simply wandered. Once Vai continues though, a deep frown cuts the mirth from Nate's cheeks, worry, regret suddenly creeping into him. "I didn't mean to get lost." He mumbles, like a scolded child, unable to actually defend himself in any way. Vai is absolutely right - stepping back isn't an option right now. Nate is happy to waddle along after her though, his chin resting on her head as she leads him up the stairs, to the makeshift bedroom hiding in the advocates offices.

The one eyed gaze searches around as Vai mentions a present, Nate's brows pulling together. She hasn't brought any presents. It's not a thought he gets a chance to voice though, the shape in the bed drawing his eye, Nate leaning forward until he sees what lurks in the blankets, a dark, unfamiliar shape rising up. But it's so close, so almost familiar, that Nate hesitates. Horns, scales, claws, all of it things he knows as parts of his fiance, but strange, different than he remembers. Had they been separated so long he'd forgotten?

Nate hesitates right up until the moment he doesn't, until Sunjata speaks, and the ascended doesn't understand how he could have seen anything other than his fiance, reaching out for him. "Sonskyn!" In a moment, a breath, Nate has stepped past Vai, is wrapping his arms around the attuned tightly, holding him like he's never letting go. He might not, in all honesty. He can feel every part of him relax, now that he's finally back home, held in his Sun's arms. "I missed you. What... what happened?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
i have done bad things, did them to good people // got no self control, it's the root of my evil
wage war in my head when i'm tryna keep it peaceful // a little feels good, a little more and it's lethal
There’s a brief moment where the two of them have little recognition between them. But the moment slips, fades away, Sunjata scrambling to try and latch onto Nate and the Ascended stepping forth to wrap his arms around the Attuned. Relief spreads through Sunjata, not from the sickness but simply the fact that he’s here and real and he can feel Nate’s skin, the hardness of shoulders and hips beneath a tight latched on grip.

He buries his face into Nate’s chest, all armored scales and claws shifting to feathers and softer calloused fingers, trying to get a hold onto his emotions. “I missed you too.” It comes out breathy and rushed, as if any more force to his voice might make it crack. He can feel the sharp sensation of tears swimming behind his lids, not registering them as anything but the sheen of sweat along his body. He’s got nothing to be afraid of here. Nothing.

I remembered… The house burned down and we came here but then you were gone and…” He trails off, burying his face more, anxiety overtaking him, drowning so much into Nate he doesn’t realize his body is shifting again. Large black wings protrude from his shoulders along his back, the webbing rough and torn at the edges, knocking over a few things as the sharp talon edged wings reach forward to encompass both Nate and him in darkness. It’s different from the bat wings, from the way they connected his arms to his body. These are entirely new. “I didn’t know if it was real. If you got out. If I dreamt that we were going to run away and get married or not.” There’s a tremble to his voice, in the wings, in the grip Sunjata has around his fiancé.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Nate’s home. He’s home. Wrapping himself around his fiancé, he sinks into the bed, relaxing completely. Sunjata fits in snugly against his chest, and for a single moment, a single fever fed moment, Nate imagines can feel everything, imagines he’d never lacked sensation at all.

”I’m sorry Sunny, I... I didn’t mean to, I just...” What had he been doing, why had he wandered? There was soemthing he’d needed, something he couldn’t do in Torchline, for whatever reason. Nothing comes to mind, the thought having left days ago, leaving the door open behind it for everything else to slip away. Even now, it’s a struggle to remember where he’d come from, especially as darkness shrouds them again, so close to the warm, safe cocoon they'd made that first night. ”I wanted to come back the whole time. I couldn’t... I didn’t know the way.” Not out of the blinding white.

A trembling hand lifts out of Sunjata’s hair, gentle fingers brushing against the leathery skin of wings, while the other followed the attuned’s arm, up to his shoulder. Nate is guilty, yes, and it threatens to consume him, but this is a distraction that his mind can’t help but cling to. ”Sunny, darling? Waar is ons, what happened?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He wants to ask more, to question where exactly Nate had gone, but the words don’t manage to find their way to his tongue. All he can do is listen and clutch, wings creating a warm darkness that Sunjata doesn’t realize not coming from Nate. He should have been able to sense the change, he should have been able to figure it out long before – but his fevered mind keeps it held down tight, a reality he can’t quite understand just yet.

Especially not now, because Nate’s back and everything that had happened that night was true. All of the conversation and the opening up, all of it had happened. So he keeps it held down at the back of his throat for later, questions to be answered as he reluctantly pulls away his head as Nate’s hand leaves his hair, Sunjata’s grip loosening a bit as he tries to figure it out.

Where were they? And what happened to cause this? He can feel the touch of fingers on wings so similar to his other shift, but there’s a hand on his arm too and the wings flex and flare with the sudden jolt of realization. “ek weet nie…” He murmurs, brows furrowing, hands slipping across Nate’s shoulders as his head turns this way and that to see  the wings and suddenly feel the heaviness of them pulling at his back. Confusion flares in his mind and he scans Nate’s face before the wings awkwardly fold, both pointed in a sharp talon. “It just… Happened?” He says, as if that explains everything – but as he closes his eyes tight and tries to reach inside, he can feel the shiny newness of something revealed. Something big. Something mean.

His eyes remain closed, hands running from Nate’s shoulders to his neck, to raven hair. “It’s new.” He breathes, though he doesn’t know what it is.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
"Just... happened..." Nate echoes, finger unwilling to leave the wings alone, even as they shift, tucking themselves away behind Sunjata's back. The talon is approached with an equal amount of curiosity, at least until Nate prinks himself, a shiny bubble of fluid growing on his fingertip. Automatically, Nate pops his finger into his fiance's mouth, tilting his head so his cheek can rest on the top of the other's head. "It's wasn't that long, was it?" This is mumbled more to himself, under his breath. It had been... only a few days, at the most, and yet it seemed there had been changes. What else was different, was new?

Shivers run down his spine as warm fingers move over his shoulders, into the surprising sensitivity of his scalp. "I like it." Even if he doesn't know fully what it is yet, even if he can't put any of the partial shapes into a single one that makes sense. It's Sunjata, and that's the most important part. But, curiosity is still a hell fo a driving force, and Nate has never been good at holding his tongue, even when he's feeling fine. "What is it?" Something dark, something sharp, though that really doesn't narrow down the possibilities at all.

Another thought occurs to him, memories of different wings, the reaction they'd prompted. Nate's almost out of hands, is out of hands, with how unwilling he is to let go of his fiance, even if it's just to touch his fiance in a different place. He makes a compromise with his mind, sliding his hand up Sunjata's body, up to his shoulders, then on to the new limb, careful this time of the hooked claw that tipped the wing. Without warning, his hand dropped, fingers dragging along membrane curiously, a low hum coming from the ascended while he watched his own hand. Though his eye was engaged, everything else was focused utterly on the attuned, waiting for the reaction.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata struggles to try and figure out when it had happened – what had unearthed it. The only thing that comes to mind is the last few days of being drug under into sleep, a pounding migraine, Vai’s constant attempts at keeping him cool when all he wanted was to burn. But then, there’s the brief feeling of pressure applied to the talon, another split second when Nate’s finger slips into his mouth. He can’t help but to snort, pulling away after a moment.

It felt like forever.” The Flood murmurs back, always able to hear Nate’s quiet mumbles – gaze searching his face as if Nate held the answers. There’s some relief at the mention of Nate liking it, the wings flaring slightly with the thought – relaxing, no longer needing to be hidden away. And Sunjata continues to try and think up what it is, what parts of him can shift to try and give him more ideas. “It’s… Like a big lizard? Really big.” He tries to extenuate – as if he doesn’t think he could shift into it in here for fear of destroying what they’d made. At least, if the wings were any indicator.

His fingers run through Nate’s hair, blunt nails dragging along skin and shoulders, along Nate’s spine in comforting motions that he knows like the back of his hand. The line that Nate leads with his own fingers feel like a line of electricity, something sparking, armored scales taking over the spaces his hands aren’t, melding away where his hands are. His shoulders are free of the scales, forearms showing a dark shine in the shadows that he’s created, and when Nate’s fingers drag along the wing, they flare out slightly.

Sunjata, on the other hand, reacts quite like the way he does with the bat wings. Somehow these are more sensitive, despite the slight tears in the wings. There’s a low sigh that slips from his throat, warmth spreading through him as he pulls his head away slightly, fingers pulling through Nate’s hair to adjust his fiance’s attention to him, an internal blue glow coming from his throat. And then he’s surging toward Nate, aiming for a long and deep kiss.
SUNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Nate almost laughs, as his finger pops into and out of Sunjata's mouth. Would have laughed, if his fiancé wasn’t immediately responding to words Nate thought he’d... well, thought. It had felt like forever, too long and yet no time at all, made even longer by the fact that he can only just barely remember what came before his wandering. ”I’m not leaving again.” He promises solemnly, eye locked on Sunjata’s, giving extra weight to the words.

It’s difficult to maintain the feeling of guilt, no matter how big a fan Nate is of self flagellation, when Sunjata gives his guess about this newest shift. A big lizard? Big, big big, if the size of the wings already are anything to judge by, if his foncés words are right. ”Like a dinosaur?” How easy it is to forget that shifts can dip out if the realm of what he thinks is realistic, that dragons are a kind of natural here.

There is something almost biblical, almost holy feeling about the way scales shift to bare skin under his roaming hands. About the hands running along his own skin, into his scalp. How many people get to experience this; this trust, this love? Though thoughts of sanctified love only last so long, with the soft noise that rumbles out of Sunjata as roaming fingers trace alive the wings surface, Nate letting his hand drag along the newly outstretched length of the wing.

Nate is not used to being tugged away from his distractions, not used to being refocused, and it’s clear he’s surprised by the hands in his hair, redirecting his focus. There’s no complaint though, not when Sunjata leans in, presses a kiss against him. Nate’s others have, the one not racing designs into a wing, reaches up to cup Sunjata’s face, his thumb tracing over the blue glow in his lovers throat. What the shift is doesn’t really matter, does it? Not when it’s still Sunjata.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s not leaving. A mantra that Sunjata continues to tell himself again and again, finding solace in the single blue eye that meets his and promises the same. And in his sickness, he believes it, unable and unwilling to let Nate leave his sight again. But at the comment of a dinosaur, Sunjata can’t help the slight crooked smile that crosses his face. “Maybe.” It’s cut short by the sensation of fingers dragging along large wings, Sunjata’s hands running along Nate’s skin.

Goosebumps rise along his skin, along his neck under the trail Nate’s hand takes, a blue glow emitting from the inside of his throat despite his attempts to swallow down hard against it. He doesn’t know why he tries to hold off, it isn’t like it matters much in the end anyway. So he doesn’t, redirecting Nate’s attention to him, to kiss and press against, wings flaring and moving to wrap tight around his fiancé.

Nate’s hand cups his face, thumb brushing along the blue glow, and his fingers tighten in Nate’s hair, pulling the Ascended closer and closer until the only light in their makeshift space is the blue that emanates from him. And finally, finally, he’s home.

— FIN <3
SUNJATA