smoke and mirrors
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
FINN
the spyglass
it is only through mystery and madness
Released and grounded. His glasses missing, his compass confiscated. An hourglass that dribbles the grains of his sanity into its lower bulb until nothing is left. And there wasn’t all that much there to begin with. Still, Finn has been given the all clear by his doctors, he has been up to his rooms; he’s showered and shaved taken stock of his horribly gaunt body, the way his clothes hang on his frame.

And yet, between sequestering himself away in his attic and perusing the Archives, there’s still one place Finn needs to pay a visit.

His office is a rarely frequented thing (Finn does not like being in places where people might easily speak to and find him), but that is all the more reason to take stock of things. So he walks into the Collegium, a couple of books under his arm, some notes in his free hand and a half eaten apple between his teeth. Is he looking where he’s going? Absolutely not.
that the soul is revealed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
x-ray evenings, cross examining my case
crossed my heart before i lied straight to your face
When it came to designing a room that was supposed to be secret, hidden, and stop time, she finds that there’s very little that reside in her workshop to help with that. And so it’s with a few notes and Levi draped around her neck yet again, that she makes her way to the Collegium. She’s picked out a couple of books, a few small transcripts of special rooms,  few blueprints of such – as she goes to round the corner to head toward a desk where she might take some notes.

Really, her only saving grace is a small puff of air from Levi as she rounds the corner, distracted and stumbling slightly to where her shoulder bumps into someone and her books go scattering across the floor. “Oh, I’m sorry!” She chimes, immediately bending down to grab her papers, glancing up as she clutches the documents, gaze scanning over him to ensure he’s okay.

Finn?” She questions, some bit of surprise, biting down on her tongue to keep from letting the rest of everything she wants to say spill out.
i said i believed our best years had yet to take place
but i don't really believe in anything
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
It’s a lucky break, that Finn’s books are tucked under the arm wrapped in a cast, because it means it’s his good one that Seraphina bumps into, their shoulders jostling and his notes going scattering as well. He tries to apologise in return but it’s difficult with the apple in his mouth, and he removes it rather than collecting his papers. ”My fault,” he says, juggling everything to stoop and pick up his own belongings. He rises to his feet again at the same time as she does, the sound of his name causing stormy eyes to flick up to her face.

”Artificer,” he greets in return, though he can’t actually remember a time where he and Seraphina have exchanged words before now. Certainly not enough to call him Finn, though he has the impression that she’s gotten that from Doctor Hart. ”Are you alright? I wasn’t looking where I was going - I hope your research isn’t damaged.”
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
They both stoop to grab the papers, and as she glances up and calls him Finn, she perhaps realizes her mistake when he refers to her as her title. It’s awkward, the way she collects the research papers, moving to stand as well, wondering just how much Tobi had rubbed off on her. She thinks of apologizing again, though her lips remain sealed.

I’m fine. Takes a little more than that to wound me.” She offers, brightly, trying to cover up the awkwardness of before with a sweet saccharine smile. “The research is fine. I collected all I needed.” Though she does notice a slight tear in the measurements she’d taken of October’s office. They’re still legible, though, and she has a spare copy back at the workshop.

Are you alright? Feeling… Better I hope?” She asks quietly, reorienting herself so she might walk with him — Levi settled on her shoulders and wrapped around her neck extends a wing to greet Finn, though makes no move to change how he’s seated.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
It’s a surprise, to suddenly find her walking with him, the Spyglass faltering in his steps ever so slightly as if he is trying to figure out if he’s the one going in the wrong direction. But no, it seems that the Artificer is just... joining him, and he finds them approaching his office with a curious sense of expectation. ”What were you researching?” He might be utterly terrible at it a lot of the time, but this sort of thing is Finn’s jurisdiction (and his interest).

The dragon around her neck earns his attention for a couple of moments, Finn raising his eyebrows at the extended wing, the strange hello. ”Yes, thank you. For now, anyway.” He is on borrowed time and he’s well aware of that unpleasant fact - hence his need to get his affairs in order before sanity is stolen from him again.

And his office is upon them soon enough; a dark wood door, locked, and the keys are in his pocket. (And his hands are full, and then some). ”...Was there something I could help you with, Artificer?”
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Mostly blueprints of secret or hidden rooms.” She begins, gaze glancing toward Finn as if wondering if it might click, if October had told him anything. “Some of it is also handmade hot springs, so that we might be able to bring some of it here.” The latter part is uttered quietly, for Finn’s ears only, wondering if perhaps that might soothe some of the worry of needing it again, without them all having to trek out to Frey’s Breath again and again.

Not like she was complaining, but it would be nice to know that they were safe when they went for a dip.

They arrive at his office and Sera isn’t entirely sure why she’s followed him – knowing she wanted to ensure for herself that he was alright, but other than that? She’s at a loss. But what she can do, is try to pick him for more information, perhaps, shuffling her papers so that her hand is free so she might take something from Finn so he can unlock the door. “Let me help.” The hand is extended, gaze almost expectant. “I was hoping maybe you could help me with figuring out what would be the easiest way to orient the springs, especially for those seeking treatments of a sort.” After all, Finn had had it, wouldn’t it be easier to see if steps versus a ramp would be easier for a sick person who’s lost their mind? These could be questions given to Tobi too, and she plans on it, but there’s something about getting dual research on both sides that seems to make her stay where she is.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
Finn does remember October saying something about hot springs and hidden rooms, but the Spyglass is just as oblivious about the implications now as he was then. The fact that the Arbiter has lowered her voice suggests that this is some kind of a secret, so he does his best to appear innocuous. Honestly, he might be reassured if he wasn’t so against submerging himself in water, but suddenly there’s more pressing matters to worry about. Like... why she’s at his office.

Let me help she says, and with everything he’s holding, it would be easiest for her to fish the keys out of Finn’s pocket for him. But that isn’t going to happen, so he carefully hands her the papers he was holding, taking out the keys and quickly unlocking the door. ”Uh... I never used them,” he confesses, remembering his own cure as October forcing water down him. ”Might I suggest not making it too deep?”

Accepting the papers back, Finn opens the door and steps into the office. It smells like books and coffee, dark and cool inside; a space without windows. Without distraction. Moving to a large corner desk, Finn deposits his paper and his books. ”Sorry I... don’t have a spare seat,” he says.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
The dragonling curls back around Sera’s shoulders as she’s handed the papers to let Finn open the door. And once the Spyglass has, once the door is open, she’s hit with the scent of coffee and books, a dark cool space that’s at odds with the way her own office smells. Especially with the light, windows often filtering in a lot of sunlight throughout the year through her office specifically. But she doesn’t comment on it, focusing instead on the fact that Finn hadn’t used the springs, but a suggestion as to not making them deep has her nodding, committing it to memory.

So she steps in, moving toward the desk to ensure that he manages all of his items fine even with the cast, and so she steps back. “It’s alright. I wasn’t planning on staying long.” She flashes him an easy smile, Levi offering a quiet high pitched croon. “I should be heading back anyway. But…” She recovers just enough to recall her manners, dipping her head for a second. “Do let me know if you need anything built or expansions.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
All of his research hits the desk and Finn spends a moment to rub at his forearm above the cast, where it has begun to ache. He offers a tired smile to Sera and her dragon, noticing for the first time how young it must be. ”A hatchling,” he remarks, moving to light the lanterns in the office to make it a little less dark, a little more cosy. ”Congratulations. You can now consider a career with the Dragoons.” Because of all companions, it was well known in Stormbreak that a dragon was the most coveted.

Sitting back against his desk, her offer does have Finn thinking, actually (and it’s never certain, whether that’s good or bad). ”An expansion for this office might be a decent consideration,” he says slowly. ”A research space, maybe. This place is... mostly for paperwork.” A polite way of saying ‘poky’ and ‘gloomy’.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
// down by the river i was drawn by your grace, into tempest of oblivion and to the lover's place
i was stuck in a puddle, full of tears and unwise, dark doings now i know, that we've paid unlike //
She pauses when Finn comments on Levi, her brown gaze flitting over Finn’s face before Levi’s nuzzling his pale opalescent head into her cheek. She reaches up with her free hand to run her fingers along his scales, a small laugh leaving her at the comment. “I found him in Halo.” She comments quietly, before her gaze lands on the Spyglass again. “As for the Dragoons, they’ll have to be content with my inventions rather than my battle expertise.

Because if Sera knew one thing about herself, she was not a fighter by any means.

But Finn takes her up on her offer, and she’d be lying if a bit of surprise didn’t cross over her face, a small smile crossing her face. But she slips in more, edging toward setting her books down and grabbing her notebook so she might flip to a new page to get started on ideas. “What would you like the research space to look like?” She asks, making a note in there that it would be Finn’s expansion. Would he want it light and airy? Plenty of windows to let the sunlight in?
Seraphina
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
”In Halo?” Finn echoes, belatedly remembering that she would have needed to cross through the cold to get to the Climb. It makes more sense now, at least, and he flashes a glance at the hatchling again before letting the subject drop. With a lopsided smile, his hand moves from his aching forearm to the scruff on his chin, fingers running over it. ”That makes two of us,” he agrees. Finn can probably pull off a messy sort of brawl if he’s really, really forced to, but ultimately he’s not a fighter.

Dropping the subject of Dragoons in lieu of expansions, the Spyglass’s attention is drawn to the ways she flips to a new page on her notepad, to the books that join his own on the desk. ”Do you think you would be able to construct something entirely out of glass?” he asks. ”Where the walls can be written on, and wiped clean again?”
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
// down by the river i was drawn by your grace, into tempest of oblivion and to the lover's place
i was stuck in a puddle, full of tears and unwise, dark doings now i know, that we've paid unlike //
A nod is given back to Finn at the mention of Halo, imagining that Tobi would have told him that she had accompanied the doctor on her trip to the Climb. Only instead of heading back that way when Tobi had, Sera had chosen to brave Halo one last time. And she had certainly been rewarded.

An easier smile is given toward Finn with the way he agrees on not being a fighter, a sort of kinship met with such a simple sentence that she has no qualms setting her books down, flipping to a page in her notebook, scribbling out a few notes of what he’d like. As for glass? Her gaze lifts toward him and she flashes him a wide smile. “It will need to have frames to help the structure, but aside from that it can be done.” Her attention flits back to the notebook, scribbling it down before another thought occurs to her and her pencil taps at the paper.

I can make them one sided, too, where you can see out and no one can see in?” As she lets that information mull over, she sets the notebook down and fishes to the back page where her blueprints sit just within the cover. She glanced around the office space, figuring out where the expansion could go, and sketches out a rough outline on the blueprints that appear in their 3D form slowly but surely as she adds little details here and there to make it seem more like what Finn was imagining.
Seraphina
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
FINN
the spyglass
She scribbles and he watches, taking in the tells of concentration, enthusiasm, almost camaraderie. Finn is the Spyglass for a reason, and one of the reasons he’s so awkward around people is because he knows them so well. (Too well, in comparison to his own mind and thoughts). He nods to the Architect, stormy eyes flickering to the walls as if imagining what it might look like. ”A frame is fine, as long as I might make notes on the wall.”

And to make the glass one sided? He smiles then, clearly in approval of her suggestion. ”If you could do it, that would be wonderful,” he says, nodding to the wall next to his desk. ”That is one of the outer walls of the Collegium, so far as I know,” he murmurs. He doesn’t know if it will help, but he offers it nonetheless, before he’s completely distracted by the way her blueprints seem to climb off the page. ”That is remarkable,” he says before he can stop himself.
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
It would be a small frame, just on the outer edges.” She informs him, glancing up to flash an easy smile his way. But as he confirms that one sided glass would be something of interest, she pauses to make a note in her notebook for that addition, before she moves back to her blueprints. She’s sketched out a makeshift sketch of his office, with the details of bookshelves and where the desk sits, and when he tells her which wall is the outer side of it, she makes a mark in the blueprints as well.

This is her element, and she can’t help but to beam at the comment, nodding to Finn as she sketches down a few glass panes to act as walls that pop up on the edge of the blueprint. “Now this is the fun part.” Now that she’s scribbled down everything she needed, she moves to the 3D aspect, the model, removing the wall he’d indicated and slipping in the glass panes. Inside the model, Finn would see the shadows nearly disappear, while the glass itself makes up the wall.

She lets the model remain, moving back to the blueprints so that she might not hover over it while Finn inspects it. “So if you look in there, I’d say… Including the frames, you’d have about… A meter to a meter and a half between each frame to use to write on and it would span the entirety of the wall.
Seraphina