deliver us
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
& oh, poor atlas - the world's a beast of a burden
She leaves the group at the hot springs, telling Sugar and Eunike that she's going to look around before slipping out of view. She's embarrassed by the way she acted when the madness struck again, unable and unwilling to face the others until her fevered mind has finally calmed down.

The corridors and caves are searingly hot, oppressive and suffocating on the girl and her companion. She hates it immensely, and Jyoti does more, but there is a task from Vi to be completed, a whole host of others to be cured. Not temporarily, but permanently, if only she can find a way.

And then there is the selfish reason. Because if being sick once was terrible, being sick twice was infinitely worse. Last time she had given the water she came across away to Remi, but if the Shield is honest with herself she doesn't know if she could again.

The room is dark, unnaturally so, though Jyoti and Nova cast a soft glow into the gloom. Changing her eyes to a leopardess' Amalia looks around, searching for any clues or answers and trying not to think about the oppressive weight of the dark.
you've been holding on a long time
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
”Listen, I’m just saying that if I were a lava god, I’d probably be underground. Where the lava lives.” Ronin’s voice is trying to sound perfectly reasonable - he’s been explaining to Remi, the reasons behind his belief that they might find Tanau down in the Burrows. The only problem is that he’s only got a hunch, and his partner makes a consistent and compelling case to never leave Frey’s Breath.

Still, here they are, and Ronin is backing up the tunnel with his hands in Remi’s to pull the Lullaby along. He’s softly lighting the way with starlight, at least, his shirt long abandoned back at the springs, his pants slung low on his hips and his hair still damp from swimming.

And if Remi doesn’t catch the sight of Amalia behind Ronin, the Star will back right up into the Shield without a second thought. Will it teach him to look where he’s going from now on? What do you fucking think?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the lullaby

"Lava doesn't live, Ronin. It flows." Remi points out as if that has any bearing at all on what they're doing. Similar to the Star, the alchemist has left his shirt to dry on the rocks. Amalia's claws also cut through a good portion of it, but luckily the fabric magically healed itself again. Not so for his skin, but that hardly matters.

Giving his husband an unimpressed look, though the easy affection he'll feel through their bond flies in the face of his sour expression, Remi absolutely does not see the Shield behind the Star. Amalia is smaller than Ronin but perhaps most importantly, the alchemist's gaze is firmly fixed upon the huntsman's blue eyes.
Maybe it's my fault for forgetting
Who I was when I was mine.
I've come to realize this one thing:
You couldn't fix what I couldn't find

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The Shield closes out the trifecta of distraction, her attention fully engrossed by the carvings on a slab of obsidian stone. She doesn't know if it's a clue or just some random etchings, but truth be told the girl is somewhat desperate at this point. She doesn't dare look too far from directly before her, her heart already beating a mile a minute from the simple terror of being here, underground and in the dark.

So when Ronin backs into her, what does Amalia do? She shrieks, stumbling forward and spinning around, her wings flaring out instinctively as she tris into the pillar, one hand already on Nova's hilt.

"Ronin! Remi? Vi's beard, you scared me half to death." Her heart is thundering so hard she wonders if they can hear it, and she makes a very ill-advised attempt to hide her panic with a laugh.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
Amalia shrieks and Ronin also shrieks shouts in a very manly way, though the recipient of his shock and horror will mostly be Remi. And that’s almost entirely because he draws the alchemist close to himself, turning them both to face the banshee that’s about to attack them and finding it to be Amalia. ”Oh,” Ronin says lamely, and the trio of starbolts that hover around the two men promptly wink out.

”I was looking for a lava god. I thought he might be where lava flows.” He gives an exaggerated wink to Remi. ”Have you seen him around here? Are you looking for him too...?” Ronin doesn’t let go of the lullaby, even if the danger is passed now. He’s not sorry about it.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

Remi doesn't shriek. Wings fan from his sides just like Amalia, but his mouth is suddenly filled with sharp teeth and there are claws on the end of his fingers. Unlike the two prey-animals before him, the alchemist is every bit the predator when startled. So when Ronin tugs him close the alchemist has to focus intently on not clutching him with clawed-hands; like Ronin the alchemist realizes the cause of the interruption quickly enough, and stills.

Smugly the Lullaby returns the look (and if he flexes slightly in Ronin's grip, what of it), before glancing back to Amalia. "Are you alright?" If the Shield was feeling at all self-conscious about what had happened early, or worse still, was feeling sick again, he wouldn't put it past to her to wander into the tunnels herself looking for a bit of peace and quiet.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Now that the shared moment of panic is over, Amalia is left with a great deal of anxious energy and a very clear view of both Remi and Ronin without their shirts. A hot flush streaks across her cheeks at the look they exchange, the ripple of muscles, the damp hair (as is her own, and her clothes, though the heat has done a good amount of work towards drying her off). Awkward and unsteady, she shuffles and tries very hard to find an appropriate place to look, ultimately focusing on a space vaguely shared by their ears.

"Tanau?" Frowning at Ronin, the girl turns to peer into the dark. "I haven't seen him. I was looking for... for anything that could help. With a permanent cure." She glances back at Remi, her dark eyes hooded with fear for them both. There's an unsteady smile on her lips that looks much like a mask, unnatural and thin. "I'm fine," she lies, her wings tucking away. "What about you?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
The Shield and the Lullaby exchange words, and that’s nice, because Ronin is momentarily taken by the wings that fan out around them and the predatory glint in Remi’s eyes. Quite frankly he finds it unfair - a dirty trick, even, to play when they’re in friendly company - but that’s not stopping his hand from sneaking around the back of the alchemist’s pants, fingers slipping just beneath the waistband.

”Oh, he’s fine, he assures Amalia, mumbling the words into the space just behind Remi’s ear where he’s leant in to press his lips in a kiss. The word cure does bring him around a bit at least, and he brushes his stubbled cheek annoyingly against the Lullaby’s as he turns to face her. ”That’s why I was trying to find Tanau,” he explains. ”I wondered if that metal in his chest has anything to do with why everyone got sick.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

Though he keeps his gaze on Amalia, the press of Ronin's fingers against his skin tells Remi all he needs to know about his husband's wandering thoughts. Running his tongue along the bottom of still-sharp teeth to keep his concentration, Remi pulls in as polite a breath as he can manage as if that will help dampen the effects of the Star's wandering hand and lips. "Of course I'm alright." The Lullaby replies, a touch quizically as if wondering why he shouldn't be alright. If she means the scratches she left him, he hardly notices. It takes more than that to slow him down, large as her paws might be. If he notices the flush on Ama's cheeks at all, or how her eyes don't quite meet either of theirs, he chalks it up to the lingering effects of the fever. Gods knew it took him a day or so to fully feel like himself again.

Snarling dramatically at the sand-papery nuzzle he receives, Remi raises his head away like some spooked animal. "You didn't happen to steal that from Loren as well, did you?" That would be some trick. Then, as if realizing it might still be possible, Remi's grin turns downright devilish as he looks from Ronin to Amalia. "And if not, could we?"

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The easy intimacy they share in light of all that happened is both reassuring to Amalia, and a reminder of what she has given up, what she doesn't have. What she never had - for as much as she loved Deimos, the Shield knows that her affection was nothing like this. The all-encompassing, orbiting, unfailing adoration that the Star and the Lullaby share isn't something Amalia has felt, nor knows if she is capable of.

She returns from her thoughts with an embarrassed smile, looking away from the obvious displays of affection and reaching for Jyoti's soothing light. The change in topic is helpful, grounding; "I didn't," she admits, cringing a little. "I tried to get it from him, but he said... that Frey said it was inside of him? Which, honestly, knowing him..." She shrugs, looking back to meet Remi's grin with her own wry smirk. "Maybe he'll be more helpful when he's healed. I agree, though- we should bring the metal here."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
If there’s anything that can throw cold water on Ronin’s heated thoughts faster than the words ‘Frey’, ‘Loren’ and ‘inside of’, he hasn’t found it yet. Pulling a face even if he doesn’t peel himself away from Remi at all, the Star glances around at the place where they’ve founded themselves.

”This looks like it was some kind of a temple, once,” he remarks suddenly - it’s rudimentary at best, but the obsidian pews and the strange altar at the end certainly suggest as much.

”Do you think this was for Tanau, once upon a time?” Ronin smirks, his starlight radiating out to further light up the place as he strolls forward, trying to nudge his husband along with him. ”I wonder who used to live here, if that’s the case.”
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby

Though it's true the Lullaby and Star have been extra affectionate since Remi was cured, however temporarily, never before has Remi seen Amalia look quite so uncomfortable with it. From her furtive glances to the blush in her cheeks, certainly something is off. Though whether it has to do with her recent relapse thanks to the illness or because of what happened with Ronin, he isn't sure.

"Frey said..the metal was inside of him?" The alchemist wrinkles his nose unhappily, not wanting to think of anything euphemistically where Loren was concerned. "Then again...if he's sick it might be easier to get it from him." Once, Loren had been the stronger out of the two of them, though that hadn't been true for a long while now. And certainly, he stood little chance against three demigods.

As Ronin looks out toward what might be the remnants of a temple, Remi takes the opportunity to blow a stream of air directly into his husband's ear, and then kissing him messily should he turn his attention back to scold the Lullaby. "Could be, I suppose." He mumbles with a crooked smile and a shrug, caring very little about fiery deities and where they might once have been worshipped.

Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
"Yeah, which.... I wonder if he didn't actually put it inside himself. Somehow." Her face squishes into an expression of displeasure at this idea; she fully pictures the Firebrand opening up his abdomen and shoving the metal within, then healing the wound again. It would not surprise her as much as it should, if such a thing were the case.

Amalia turns, following Ronin's attention as it shifts to the cavernous cathedral. It does feel like an altar, and the girl steps forward, deeper into the gloom, her fingers reaching out to run along a length of stone. "Maybe whatever made us sick..." she trails off, swallowing, not wanting to finish that thought.

There's been something stuck in the back of her throat, coating it like soot or pollution. She clears it uneasily, not looking back at Remi or Ronin, her lip sucked between her teeth. Wrapping her arms around herself, the Shield of Safrin inhales. "About... what happened," Amalia begins unsteadily, grateful to be turned away, that her silhouette hides her scarlet cheeks. "I don't know... if you want to, uh, to talk about it. Or what it means. Um." Helplessly she trails off, trying very hard not to flail.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
”Maybe...” Ronin’s tone drops a bit, the Star not wanting to think about whatever made them sick. His grip on Remi tightens ever so slightly, as if trying to banish the thought of him falling unwell again. Then, obviously, the other man blows air into his ear, and it’s with a feigned snarl of outrage that Ronin turns his head and is captured by a kiss. He continues to try and voice his displeasure for a few seconds, before it hums into contentment, the Star kissing Remi back and drawing him closer.

Probably not the best time for Amalia to speak up, and Ronin blinks his eyes open to glance across at their friend with the taste of Remi still fresh on his lips. ”About what means happened?” he asked, the picture of distracted idiot in that moment, before a sunny smile warms his cheeks. ”What’s there to talk about?” he asks.